Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    kosteva2 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I believe your name will be on a list. There won't be an actual ticket for the Apollo.
    I was at that SiriusXM show in Philly December 2019.  They had us arrive couple hours early to pick up tickets; 12-5 pm pickup time, doors open 6 pm, show 7:30 pm.  The email I got for Apollo back in March 2020 had us arriving 6:30-7:30 pm w/ 8:00 pm show time.  Kind of like the old days of picking up Ten Club tickets day of show where they go off list and verified identity.  They put on wristband and distributed tickets (seemed to be randomly pre-assigned so wasn't really first arriving getting better seats).  Your +1 had to be with you at time of ticket pickup and they didn't verify his/her identity.  So, if looking to do a trade or anything would have to coordinate with the +1 to meet up before getting in ticket pickup line because of the wristband.

Also of note 238 non-winners were able to get into the show just by showing up and waiting in a standby line.  Neighbor got in line around noon and made it in.  

How The Ticketless Masses All Made It Into Phish At The Met Philly (liveforlivemusic.com)

Wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens w/ the Apollo.  If this does end up happening 9/10/22 as originally posted on that since-edited Ticketmaster blog, there will probably be a ton of Pearl Jam fans already in town for MSG so would imagine a pretty long standby line.  This Phish show was just a one night stand that would have been out of the way for their usual touring fan base.
    You sir/ma’am are a gift. This is VERY helpful! Good point about the travel folks though - maybe it won’t be the day before and I’ll have a better chance in standby. 😁
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,411
    kosteva2 said:
    igotid88 said:
    I believe your name will be on a list. There won't be an actual ticket for the Apollo.
    I was at that SiriusXM show in Philly December 2019.  They had us arrive couple hours early to pick up tickets; 12-5 pm pickup time, doors open 6 pm, show 7:30 pm.  The email I got for Apollo back in March 2020 had us arriving 6:30-7:30 pm w/ 8:00 pm show time.  Kind of like the old days of picking up Ten Club tickets day of show where they go off list and verified identity.  They put on wristband and distributed tickets (seemed to be randomly pre-assigned so wasn't really first arriving getting better seats).  Your +1 had to be with you at time of ticket pickup and they didn't verify his/her identity.  So, if looking to do a trade or anything would have to coordinate with the +1 to meet up before getting in ticket pickup line because of the wristband.

Also of note 238 non-winners were able to get into the show just by showing up and waiting in a standby line.  Neighbor got in line around noon and made it in.  

How The Ticketless Masses All Made It Into Phish At The Met Philly (liveforlivemusic.com)

Wouldn't be surprised if something like this happens w/ the Apollo.  If this does end up happening 9/10/22 as originally posted on that since-edited Ticketmaster blog, there will probably be a ton of Pearl Jam fans already in town for MSG so would imagine a pretty long standby line.  This Phish show was just a one night stand that would have been out of the way for their usual touring fan base.
    You sir/ma’am are a gift. This is VERY helpful! Good point about the travel folks though - maybe it won’t be the day before and I’ll have a better chance in standby. 😁
    I didn't want to post this as to keep it low.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,195
    edited July 2022
  • Options
    laa1025laa1025 Posts: 128
    Best email of the day!!!!!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    Trade MSG GA to be your +1 at Apollo!

😎🤞🤘
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,063
    SHZA said:
    Yes!!! Just got an email stating to confirm my attendance!  Winner! Winner!  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,436
    Oh no!

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Entered. We aren't scheduled to arrive in NYC until the morning of the 11th, but this would obviously be worth changing plans. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 420
    This is going to be some show.... a nice warm up to what will be an heavily emotional MSG show on September 11th... 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Have to think at least 11 of the 12 Gigaton songs are played at this show. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Haha smartass. 
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Haha smartass. 
    Not trying to be smart just see it as them maybe never playing Comes Then Goes and this initially was supposed to be the promotional show for Gigaton in 2020
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Haha smartass. 
    Not trying to be smart just see it as them maybe never playing Comes Then Goes and this initially was supposed to be the promotional show for Gigaton in 2020
    I’m just razzin’.

• Options
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Haha smartass. 
    I’m just razzin’.
    Going to be a fun show either way. Too bad us Canadians can't get in on the contests! 
  • Options
    Underrated part of this is the live radio broadcast. Hope we see more of that in the future. DMB lets Sirius broadcast their Friday night shows all summer long. 

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,218
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    Haha smartass. 
    I’m just razzin’.
    Going to be a fun show either way. Too bad us Canadians can't get in on the contests! 
    No kidding.  Even with SXM subscription.  Bad job, SXM.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 286
    Just got my re-confirmation email this morning too!
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    If anyone can't make the Apollo show or needs a plus one please consider me.  I'm a 44 year old female that lives in Brooklyn NY and I will buy you a poster and beers.
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,625
    kosteva2 said:
    Just got my re-confirmation email this morning too!
    Make sure you reply to it.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    Tappy Tap TapTappy Tap Tap Posts: 5
    edited July 2022
    Hi Everyone.  My wife entered via her Sirius account for the March 2020 show.  We never "formally" heard back in 2020.  If we did, maybe it might have gone to her Spam account in Gmail.  Today, she received a Confirmation email from Sirius for the Sept 10th show.   She clicked on "Yes, We Will Attend".   She received a pop up that said "Thank you for confirming your attendance at the event.  We look forward to seeing you there."   That's it.  We don't think that we were originally selected back in 2020.  So is this a mistake?   If not, buying plane tickets to NYC right now! 
    Post edited by Tappy Tap Tap on
  • Options
    Hi Everyone.  My wife entered via her Sirius account for the March 2020 show.  We never "formally" heard back and it might have gone to her Spam account in Gmail even if we did.  Today, she received a Confirmation email from Sirius for the Sept 10th show.   She clicked on "Yes, We Will Attend" today.   She received a pop up that said "Thank you for confirming your attendance at the event.  We look forward to seeing you there."   That's it.  We don't think that we were originally selected.  Is this a mistake?   If not, buying tickets to NYC right now! 
    That is awsome. Congrats and enjoy! 

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Hi Everyone.  My wife entered via her Sirius account for the March 2020 show.  We never "formally" heard back and it might have gone to her Spam account in Gmail even if we did.  Today, she received a Confirmation email from Sirius for the Sept 10th show.   She clicked on "Yes, We Will Attend" today.   She received a pop up that said "Thank you for confirming your attendance at the event.  We look forward to seeing you there."   That's it.  We don't think that we were originally selected.  Is this a mistake?   If not, buying tickets to NYC right now! 

JimmyV said:

But is it real?  If we didn't get accepted in 2020, why would we be accepted now?
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

But is it real?  If we didn't get accepted in 2020, why would we be accepted now?
    My guess is that it did go to your spam back then. What you describe sounds pretty real. 

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 705
    Hi Everyone.  My wife entered via her Sirius account for the March 2020 show.  We never "formally" heard back in 2020.  If we did, maybe it might have gone to her Spam account in Gmail.  Today, she received a Confirmation email from Sirius for the Sept 10th show.   She clicked on "Yes, We Will Attend".   She received a pop up that said "Thank you for confirming your attendance at the event.  We look forward to seeing you there."   That's it.  We don't think that we were originally selected back in 2020.  So is this a mistake?   If not, buying plane tickets to NYC right now! 
    So I just had the exact same email come through…I’m trying to temper my complete joy ha! Is there anyway to confirm this is in fact the case? I clicked yes we will attend as well but I don’t think we were originally selected back in 2020 either. Just want to make sure this isn’t a mistake before we book hotel etc. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Hopefully they are drawing upon entries previously accumulated that can now be accommodated? Or spam got in the way?

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    JimmyV said:
    Underrated part of this is the live radio broadcast. Hope we see more of that in the future. DMB lets Sirius broadcast their Friday night shows all summer long. 

DMB isn't Pearl Jam. For all we know, SiriusXM is making them air this live due to the contract.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    100 Pacer said:
    Hopefully they are drawing upon entries previously accumulated that can now be accommodated? Or spam got in the way?

Someone on Facebook (and people above) posted that they never got an email in 2020, but they did get a confirmation today.

It seems they're using the original list as a base and then taking additional entries from people who can't make the new date.

I bet it's the original winners from the call-in contest who can go PLUS new winners to fill in the holes.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    What gets me is the number of "I'll buy your ticket" posts.

I'd highly suspect this show to be no more than winner's names on a list. The "I'll buy your ticket" posts seem to be setting a lot of people up to be scam bait.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

DMB isn't Pearl Jam. For all we know, SiriusXM is making them air this live due to the contract.
    ?

Kind of a weird response.

I am aware that DMB isn't Pearl Jam. We know nothing about their contract with Surius, the contract that they agreed to and signed off on. We do know that Ed broadcast a show back in February and PJ will do the same in September, and I know that I am hopeful we'll see more of that in future. 

• Options
    What gets me is the number of "I'll buy your ticket" posts.

I'd highly suspect this show to be no more than winner's names on a list. The "I'll buy your ticket" posts seem to be setting a lot of people up to be scam bait.
    Agreed. Just the like Vic Theatre where our names were on a list administered by Santos and our +1 had to check in at the same time to receive the wristband for entry.

If someone wants to include me as your +1 I can line up early and will send over the MSG GA once entry verified. This is not scam bait! 

😜😎