Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    tdawe said:
    They're going to do another 12:59 play aren't they
    Of course.  I had to move an appointment just in case.
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    RH1500 said:
    RH1500 said:
    No luck this morning, but I thought I had it.  I use three cell phones like a mad man trying for this and somehow all three got through within a 20 second span.  Got callers 3, 10, and 13.  Then got back through on one cell, but it just rang for 5 minutes and hung up.  <sigh>  Three more chances and then I can stop obsessing over this contest.  Haha. 
    Who is your cel provider?? This is crazy to me.

Each cell is different.  T-Mobile (which has gotten through the most), Xfinity mobile (uses Verizon network), and Mint Mobile (uses T-Mobile).  I bought a $.99 Mint Mobile starter sim kit this past weekend on Amazon which gives you a free 1-week no obligation trial and I popped it in an old smartphone.  All three phones give me silence/dead air for 15-35 seconds before a busy signal, call failed, or connecting.  Not sure cell provider makes a difference. I still think it all comes down to luck. 
    I wish I had tmobile lol

I have At&T, they suck.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,454
    edited March 2020
    Just for the record, even though we joke around, we appreciate you @pjradio & @NHiding

Shout outs to winners who stick around & encourage, like @MakeUSmile & @danlee1095, and to folks still trying to win, and sharing info & giving heads up like @molecule, @Lostpawn and everyone else who chips in!

Home stretch! Let's win some Apollo tix!!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 269
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    I wonder if they are verifying that when people call and win?
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
    I think so. But I really can’t remember.  When asked my email, I asked if it needed to be the one linked to my SiriusXM account and he wasn’t sure, but he said to give that one just in case. 
    I don't remember either asking if I had a Sirius subscription, just was I over 18, a US resident, had not won anything worth over $600 from Sirius in the last six months and that I had no relative working for Sirius or MonkeyWrench records. Once I answered, he took my info.

Good Luck, I am rooting for you all/
    Oh man if there are non subscribers winning then we’ve actually hurt our chances on here posting when to call.  Really hope that’s not the case.
    He may have checked my e-mail address when I gave it to him to verify I was a subscriber.
    I was so gobsmacked when I got through, he may have asked.
    Just got e-mail last night confirming that I had won tickets.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
    I think so. But I really can’t remember.  When asked my email, I asked if it needed to be the one linked to my SiriusXM account and he wasn’t sure, but he said to give that one just in case. 
    I don't remember either asking if I had a Sirius subscription, just was I over 18, a US resident, had not won anything worth over $600 from Sirius in the last six months and that I had no relative working for Sirius or MonkeyWrench records. Once I answered, he took my info.

Oh man if there are non subscribers winning then we’ve actually hurt our chances on here posting when to call.  Really hope that’s not the case.
    It's only open to subscribers. They will verify. From the rules:
    SiriusXM and Pandora Present Pearl Jam at the Apollo Theater Call-In Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. U.S. Law Governs. OPEN ONLY to active SiriusXM subscribers (self-paid or an introductory trial) continuously since January 22, 2020 while meeting other geographical Conditions of Entry (see Official Rules), who are at least 18 years of age at time of Entry.
    Yeah but are they actually vetting this in real time for caller 22?   Doesn’t help us if they go back through a week later to verify.  The opportunity was already taken.
    "In the event any winner is subsequently found to have been ineligible, or must forfeit winning status, the next alternate caller who reached us after you in the same Entry Period will be chosen, but only if time allows."
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 622
    well i'm a long time paid SiriusXM subscriber, veteran 10C member and i'm still stuck with a delayed cellphone app as my only way of being able to listen during the day...  so VERY MUCH appreciated to the posters that do post the latest updates here.
    You have Alexa by any chance?  For some reason Alexa is only like 20 seconds behind and the Sirius app is 2.5 min.  How that makes any sense I don’t know.
  • Options
    SHZA said:
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

SiriusXM and Pandora Present Pearl Jam at the Apollo Theater Call-In Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. U.S. Law Governs. OPEN ONLY to active SiriusXM subscribers (self-paid or an introductory trial) continuously since January 22, 2020 while meeting other geographical Conditions of Entry (see Official Rules), who are at least 18 years of age at time of Entry.
    Yeah but are they actually vetting this in real time for caller 22?   Doesn’t help us if they go back through a week later to verify.  The opportunity was already taken.
    "In the event any winner is subsequently found to have been ineligible, or must forfeit winning status, the next alternate caller who reached us after you in the same Entry Period will be chosen, but only if time allows."
    That is all fine and good, which makes sense as to why it continues to ring after the 22 caller, but what if they find out after they take the info?

I'm sure they have this on point, but it's making me nutty!!
  • Options
    @Mac57 the best email, lbr
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 269
    SHZA said:
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

That is all fine and good, which makes sense as to why it continues to ring after the 22 caller, but what if they find out after they take the info?

I asked him if I was 22 when I got through, but he said he needed to ask me some questions first.
    I had seen the same note from an earlier winner.
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 116
    Go Animal said:
    Just for the record, even though we joke around, we appreciate you @pjradio & @NHiding

Shout outs to winners who stick around & encourage, like @MakeUSmile & @danlee1095, and to folks still trying to win, and sharing info & giving heads up like @molecule, @Lostpawn and everyone else who chips in!

Well said, Animal. Way to keep the team on target :)
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

One team, one dream!

• Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    Guessing if they have any caller #22s that they vet later that aren't really subscribers that pair of tickets will get dumped into the pool for the winners in that New York area subscriber "what year did they start bootlegs" contest.  If its like past Sirius shows they bulk of the attendees will come from that email contest. 
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    kosteva2 said:
    Guessing if they have any caller #22s that they vet later that aren't really subscribers that pair of tickets will get dumped into the pool for the winners in that New York area subscriber "what year did they start bootlegs" contest.  If its like past Sirius shows they bulk of the attendees will come from that email contest. 
    I'm counting heavily on that contest coming through for me. I probably only have two dial-in shots left (unless both plays come way early tomorrow evening), and based on the way they've gone so far it's feeling pretty hopeless on that front.
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    I have to discontinue my satellite duties to go take this Coronavirus meeting. Big thanks to those who keep us updated. Good luck all!
  • Options
    Boo! I'm gonna miss the last one today :( I have a meeting in 15 minutes.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,476
    SHZA said:
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

They have caller ID. They could be taking down the numbers of #23 and 24 as alternates. 
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    I have to discontinue my satellite duties to go take this Coronavirus meeting. Big thanks to those who keep us updated. Good luck all!
    Thank you for your service.
  • Options
    iO letsgoiO letsgo Posts: 186
    kosteva2 said:

was it confirmed that this "2nd chance email" only went out to NY area subscribers??  
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    kosteva2 said:
    I'm counting heavily on that contest coming through for me. I probably only have two dial-in shots left (unless both plays come way early tomorrow evening), and based on the way they've gone so far it's feeling pretty hopeless on that front.
    I can't even tell if I am entered. I did everything that was asked, I got an additional email about entering. I tried to do it again and it said I already entered. 

Nothing confirming or anything since.

Why have the pearl jam gods forsaken me? :bawling:
  • Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    Sweeeet Lew...
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    We did that planning last week. What a shitshow. 
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    Just be like "yeah, yeah, wash our hands & cover our mouths. Got it." and bounce, lol

• Options
    Again and again...
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Again and again...
    I know. He sounds so happy about it =)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,019
    I can't believe I have seen sweet lew twice live.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    kosteva2 said:
    I can't even tell if I am entered. I did everything that was asked, I got an additional email about entering. I tried to do it again and it said I already entered. 

Nothing confirming or anything since.

Why have the pearl jam gods forsaken me? :bawling:
    Yeah, me neither. I spoke to a Sirius CS rep about it a few days ago and he promised me I was entered, but I don't really trust that. Still I need to believe...
  • Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    mcgruff10 said:
    I can't believe I have seen sweet lew twice live.
    same here...whip out the basketball
  • Options
    danlee1095danlee1095 Posts: 1,053
    Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

One team, one dream!
    It's all about the journey, folks!  I keep coming back and I want to see more winners here!  Just booked the Gigaton screening in Dolby Atmos for 3/25 in NYC at the Landmark Theatre.  Would be amazing to throw back a few with this lot. What a journey it's been!
    9/8/98 (NJ), 9/10/98 (NY), 8/23/00 (NY), 8/24/00 (NY), 8/25/00 (NY), 4/30/03 (NY), 7/8/03 (NY), 7/9/03 (NY), 5/12/06 (NY), 6/1/06 (NJ), 6/3/06 (NJ), 8/5/07 (IL), 6/22/08 (DC), 6/24/08 (NY), 6/25/08 (NY), 7/1/08 (NY), 10/4/09 (TX ), 10/30/09 (PA), 5/20/10 (NY), 5/21/10 (NY), 9/3/11 (WI), 9/4/11 (WI), 7/19/13 (IL), 10/18/13 (NY), 10/19/13 (NY), 10/3/14 (MO), 9/23/15 (NY), 9/26/15 (NY), 5/1/16 (NY), 5/2/16 (NY), 8/5/16 (MA), 8/22/16 (IL), 4/7/17 (NY), 6/18/18 (UK), 8/20/18 (IL), 9/2/18 (MA), 9/4/18 (MA), 9/18/21 (NJ), 9/26/21 (CA), 10/1/21 (CA), 10/2/21 (CA), 9/10/22 (NY), 9/11/22 (NY), 9/14/22 (NJ), 9/16/22 (TN), 9/22/22 (CO), 8/31/23 (MN), 9/2/23 (MN), 9/5/23 (IL), 9/7/23 (IL), 5/16/24 (NV), 5/18/24 (NV), 5/28/24 (WA), 5/30/24 (WA)
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Sweet Lew is the worst Pearl Jam song by a country mile.