Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    MR242791MR242791 Brooklyn NY Posts: 669
    You know what now that the contest is coming to an end I’m Beginning to think this show will suck anyway 😜

"I'll bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible" ;)
    38 concerts and counting
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Shit. I just got invited to a mandatory leadership meeting to discuss my company’s Coronavirus response. Starts at 1230. I knew this virus would find a way to screw me. 
  • Options
    asutton327asutton327 Phoenix, AZ Posts: 116
    Lostpawn said:
    Shit. I just got invited to a mandatory leadership meeting to discuss my company’s Coronavirus response. Starts at 1230. I knew this virus would find a way to screw me. 
    Cough a lot and maybe they'll let you leave
  • Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    edited March 2020
    Jed said:
    SVRDhand13 said:
    You know what now that the contest is coming to an end I’m Beginning to think this show will suck anyway 😜
    luckily we'll be able to listen to it on SiriusXM if anyone here has a subscription.
    You have to have a subscription to win the contest, no?

yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new & recent trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    Post edited by edellefemine on
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    I wonder if they are verifying that when people call and win?
  • Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    For those winners on this board, are they actually vetting this?  Did they ask you any questions about this?
  • Options
    according to previous winners, they are. 
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    MR242791 said:

"I'll bet those golden tickets make the chocolate taste terrible" ;)
    Exactly :lol:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
  • Options
    That's good. 
  • Options
    How long do these Wishlists usually last?
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    bootleg said:
    Jed said:
    luckily we'll be able to listen to it on SiriusXM if anyone here has a subscription.
    Don’t we all have to have one in order to win?
    If not, that would seriously piss me off.
    That was meant to be a joke. Sorry! 

I assume we all have subs, or else why would we be here?
  • Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    At least I can find comfort in the fact that most of us here are losers in this contest  :)    I really wish we could all be invited.  Doesn't the 10c have any say in who gets to this show??
    On a side note, looking forward to that Albany show they will be playing this afternoon.   That was a home show for me.  Just not sure how much more of this channel I can take this week.
  • Options
    Jed said:
    bootleg said:
    Jed said:
    Don’t we all have to have one in order to win?
    If not, that would seriously piss me off.
    That was meant to be a joke. Sorry! 

I assume we all have subs, or else why would we be here?
    Well, technically since people are posting when the song comes on, the number is right here, you wouldn't have to be listening at all to dial in and win. 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    This has bee my low-key suspicion since the show was announced (a run through of Gigaton songs followed by a 3-4 standards encore), but it could go either way. I've never been to a Sirius show but in the last few years I've been to two "special" shows connected to album launches. "A Special Evening With The National" at the Beacon last year went the way I described above, while Jack White's album launch show at Warsaw in Brooklyn was a very long (by his standards) career-spanning set that was the most fun I've ever seen him have on stage (and also the loudest concert I've ever been to). 

Again, I'm going to keep fighting until the final bell for this one, but if I'm lucky enough to get on the list I'm going to try to keep my expectations from getting out of hand.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    Lostpawn said:
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
    I think so. But I really can’t remember.  When asked my email, I asked if it needed to be the one linked to my SiriusXM account and he wasn’t sure, but he said to give that one just in case. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    edited March 2020
    That's good. 
    ya, i dunno... i feel like any 10C member should qualify.  I feel really bummed, as so many, that i couldn't get a single regular show ticket during the 10C sales... so a fair chance for anyone thats in 10C but not XM to win tickets to this event would be a nice consolation prize.  But I guess it's really up to SiriusXM and not PJ, since it's their event  (and likely paid 500K+ to book them for this show)
  • Options
    After spending well over 100 hours on this contest, how many NYC porchers are planning to line up at the Apollo on the 26th for last chance for disappointment??  I'm only a short train ride from the venue and I've considered it, but after this contest, I don't know if my soul can take that.....
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    How long do these Wishlists usually last?
    Aren't they 5-6 songs?
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    That's good. 
    ya, i dunno... i feel like any 10C member should qualify.  I feel really bummed, as so many, that i couldn't get a single regular show ticket during the 10C sales... so a fair chance to win tickets to this event would be a nice consolation prize.  But I guess it's really up to SiriusXM and not PJ, since it's their event  (and likely paid 500K+ to book them for this show)
    10C has nothing to do with Sirius tho, this is their event. Makes sense that only subscribers can qualify.
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    After spending well over 100 hours on this contest, how many NYC porchers are planning to line up at the Apollo on the 26th for last chance for disappointment??  I'm only a short train ride from the venue and I've considered it, but after this contest, I don't know if my soul can take that.....
    Nah
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I think I may. I have a friend who has radio connections and knows some people at Sirius. He was told that they cannot help friends out or get tickets for anyone in any way. I did ask him to see if his friend knows what they'd do with extra seats or no shows on the day of the show. He hasn't gotten an answer yet. 

My friend said that he was told that this Apollo ticket is harder to get than one to see the pope lol
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Nah
    yea, agreed with tdawe. they clear that sidewalk during big events... it'll be even more hopeless tbh. that place is going to be packed.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,931
    I went through this with u2. It was horrifying so I knew what I was in for. I couldn’t listen to u2 for a long time. I was so hoping this Apollo show wasn’t true when it was a rumor. 
  • Options
    RH1500RH1500 Posts: 35
    No luck this morning, but I thought I had it.  I use three cell phones like a mad man trying for this and somehow all three got through within a 20 second span.  Got callers 3, 10, and 13.  Then got back through on one cell, but it just rang for 5 minutes and hung up.  <sigh>  Three more chances and then I can stop obsessing over this contest.  Haha. 
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 288
    I was at Phish Sirius show in Philly in December.  It was a standard full-length show for them, similar to other shows.  The setlist was maybe a little more "standard" without any rarities/bust outs compared to most shows but honestly wouldn've have known the difference.  
    Guessing the Apollo show going to be like a standard PJ show for this tour.  Guessing will be a decent amount of Gigaton this tour anyway based on timing.
    For the Phish show in Philly, fans in conjunction w/ Sirius actually organized a standby list and at least 150 people got in based on that.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    RH1500 said:
    No luck this morning, but I thought I had it.  I use three cell phones like a mad man trying for this and somehow all three got through within a 20 second span.  Got callers 3, 10, and 13.  Then got back through on one cell, but it just rang for 5 minutes and hung up.  <sigh>  Three more chances and then I can stop obsessing over this contest.  Haha. 
    Who is your cel provider?? This is crazy to me.

• Options
    afgpj said:
    On a side note, looking forward to that Albany show they will be playing this afternoon.   That was a home show for me.  Just not sure how much more of this channel I can take this week.
    That Albany show was amazing....They totally redeemed themselves for their lack luster 23 song 03 Albany show. Satan's Bed, Red Mos, first time playing Rats since the late 90s
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    edited March 2020
    Lostpawn said:
    Having won a prior sirius contest with similar rules, they definitely verified subscriber status and only confirmed "winner" status a few days later after verifying eligibility as stated in the rules. I think a few winners stated that they received an email a few days later, which is consistent with that process.
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    this story about Release is heart wrenching.   i seriously dread the day I will lose my father.