Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    SHZA said:
    Lostpawn said:
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    I wonder if they are verifying that when people call and win?
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
    Having won a prior contest with similar rules, they definitely verified subscriber status and only confirmed "winner" status a few days later after verifying eligibility as stated in the rules. 
    I suspect this is at least in part why the "second chance" contest didn't specify how many tickets would be available. Any tickets for call-in winners who don't get verified go into that pool.
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    Lostpawn said:
    yes, you must be an XM subscriber since January 22nd - according to the rules.  Any new Trial Accounts sadly won't qualify
    Previous winners: did they ask you this question?  Or verify in any way while you were on the phone?
    Having won a prior contest with similar rules, they definitely verified subscriber status and only confirmed "winner" status a few days later after verifying eligibility as stated in the rules. 
    I suspect this is at least in part why the "second chance" contest didn't specify how many tickets would be available. Any tickets for call-in winners who don't get verified go into that pool.
    Whats the 2nd chance contest? 

The one good thing is now I have met some local PJ fans :)
  • Options
    Mac57Mac57 Posts: 269
    Lostpawn said:
    I think so. But I really can’t remember.  When asked my email, I asked if it needed to be the one linked to my SiriusXM account and he wasn’t sure, but he said to give that one just in case. 
    I don't remember either asking if I had a Sirius subscription, just was I over 18, a US resident, had not won anything worth over $600 from Sirius in the last six months and that I had no relative working for Sirius or MonkeyWrench records. Once I answered, he took my info.

Good Luck, I am rooting for you all/
    2008 MSG I & II
    2010 Newark, MSG I
    2013 Wrigley Field, Brooklyn I & II, Hartford, LA I & II, San Diego
    2014 Detroit, Moline, St. Paul & Milwaukee
    2015 Ed Sullivan Theater/ Central Park
    2016 FTL, Miami, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1
    2017 RRHOF
    2018 Seattle I & II, Missoula, Boston I & II
    2022 Apollo, MSG, Camden, Nashville & St. Louis
    2023 St.P. 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165
    That's it for the Wishlist... get your dialer's ready!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Sirius account is under my wife's name....if I win does it count?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    Lostpawn said:
    Whats the 2nd chance contest? 

The one good thing is now I have met some local PJ fans :)
    I'm referring to the "what year did they start doing bootlegs" email contest.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    mcgruff10 said:
    Interested about this too...
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 623
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:
    I think so. But I really can’t remember.  When asked my email, I asked if it needed to be the one linked to my SiriusXM account and he wasn’t sure, but he said to give that one just in case. 
    I don't remember either asking if I had a Sirius subscription, just was I over 18, a US resident, had not won anything worth over $600 from Sirius in the last six months and that I had no relative working for Sirius or MonkeyWrench records. Once I answered, he took my info.

Oh man if there are non subscribers winning then we’ve actually hurt our chances on here posting when to call.  Really hope that’s not the case.
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

Oh man if there are non subscribers winning then we’ve actually hurt our chances on here posting when to call.  Really hope that’s not the case.
    That's nuts, because Sirius should be vetting that, especially if they have the qualifiers (subscriber, Subscriber not in trial, Subscriber by 1/22, etc.).
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ive wondered that too.  My wife always calls in during these SOTW contests and the account is in my name
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    After spending well over 100 hours on this contest, how many NYC porchers are planning to line up at the Apollo on the 26th for last chance for disappointment??  I'm only a short train ride from the venue and I've considered it, but after this contest, I don't know if my soul can take that.....
    I waited almost 13 hrs. for Hamilton in 2016 (original cast), and I wasn't even that big a fan. So yeah, if I don't win or get to be a +1, I'll hang. If nothing else, it becomes a tail gate!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife and I have both been calling. I can't confirm for sure, but I assume this would fly (in my name but by chance she wins).
    🤙
  • Options
    I just changed the contact info to my name just in case.
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    this story about Release is heart wrenching.   i seriously dread the day I will lose my father.
    I was in front of rich that night on the rail.  I knew it was going to be an emotional show for him because of the date.  He really was hoping to get a release for his pop. It really felt like Ed was speaking to him directly in that speech before. He’s been to over 200 shows and that moment was an all time for him.  What a show. Can not wait to see my Vegas friend on this upcoming run! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

It's only open to subscribers. They will verify. From the rules:
    SiriusXM and Pandora Present Pearl Jam at the Apollo Theater Call-In Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. U.S. Law Governs. OPEN ONLY to active SiriusXM subscribers (self-paid or an introductory trial) continuously since January 22, 2020 while meeting other geographical Conditions of Entry (see Official Rules), who are at least 18 years of age at time of Entry.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Problem solved.  :)

• Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    edited March 2020
    this story about Release is heart wrenching.   i seriously dread the day I will lose my father.
    I was in front of rich that night on the rail.  I knew it was going to be an emotional show for him because of the date.  He really was hoping to get a release for his pop. It really felt like Ed was speaking to him directly in that speech before. He’s been to over 200 shows and that moment was an all time for him.  What a show. Can not wait to see my Vegas friend on this upcoming run! 
    yea, i saw you post this earlier in the thread.  crazy man, very cool experience. proud and happy for him  (and you!)
  • Options
    molecule said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    My wife and I have both been calling. I can't confirm for sure, but I assume this would fly (in my name but by chance she wins).
    When my husband calls from work, if he wins he plans to give my name and email as the account holder, even though I have two subs, one in his car as well. I can't see them not awarding a prize to a household just because both names aren't on the account.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    afgpjafgpj Upstate NY Posts: 142
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

SiriusXM and Pandora Present Pearl Jam at the Apollo Theater Call-In Ticket Giveaway OFFICIAL RULES NO ADDITIONAL PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited. U.S. Law Governs. OPEN ONLY to active SiriusXM subscribers (self-paid or an introductory trial) continuously since January 22, 2020 while meeting other geographical Conditions of Entry (see Official Rules), who are at least 18 years of age at time of Entry.
    But they are probably clogging up the phone lines making it harder for the rest of us to get through.
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,515
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

Was sort of thinking the same thing about people who invested in satellite units and full price subscriptions posting, but given the delay in when they take calls, it probably makes no difference. 
  • Options
    PJ212PJ212 Posts: 812
    yea, i saw you post this earlier in the thread.  crazy man, very cool experience. proud and happy for him  (and you!)
    Rich should be a PJ radio DJ. A campaign should be started. A great PJ fan and all around awesome soul. 

Let's all win tix to Apollo!
    2000: CLT, Greensboro, 2003: MSG 1 & 2, 2008: MSG 1 & 2, 2009: LA 2 & 3, 2011: Vancouver, 2012: Missoula, 2013: Wrigley, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Voodoo, SD, LA 1 & 2, OAK, PDX, Vancouver, SEA, 2014: Cincy, ACL1, Tulsa, Lincoln, Memphis, Moline, St. Paul, MKE, DEN, Bridge 1 & 2, 2015: GCF, Mexico City, 2016: FLL, MIA, TPA, Greenville, Hampton, Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Bonnaroo, Telluride, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley 1 & 2, 2017: ROHF, 2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    PJ212 said:
    Rich should be a PJ radio DJ. A campaign should be started. A great PJ fan and all around awesome soul. 

Let's all win tix to Apollo!
    Now this is something I could get behind! 
    Rich for PJ radio DJ! 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    afgpj said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

But they are probably clogging up the phone lines making it harder for the rest of us to get through.
    On the one hand, it seems like even if you don't have a subscription, you might as well follow this thread and take a shot on the off chance that they don't verify.

On the other hand, if I were in that position I probably would have given up a long time ago, as the amount of time & inconvenience involved in this stupid game would not seem worth it if there was a strong chance that the prize would just get taken away from me anyway.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    Aye for Rich as a DJ!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    edellefemineedellefemine Posts: 103
    edited March 2020
    well i'm a long time paid SiriusXM subscriber, veteran 10C member and i'm still stuck with a delayed cellphone app as my only way of being able to listen during the day...  so VERY MUCH appreciated to the posters that do post the latest updates here.
  • Options
    well i'm a long time paid SiriusXM subscriber, veteran 10C member and i'm still stuck with a delayed cellphone app as my only way of being able to listen during the day...  so VERY MUCH appreciated to the posters that do post the latest updates here.
    Same. Exactly. I've been with Sirius almost as long as Stern has lol  but only on the app, so I definitely appreciate the updates.

Especially since it isn't true that the song has to finish in it's entirety.
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 623
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

Yeah but are they actually vetting this in real time for caller 22?   Doesn’t help us if they go back through a week later to verify.  The opportunity was already taken.
  • Options
    They're going to do another 12:59 play aren't they
  • Options
    bootleg said:
    bootleg said:
    Mac57 said:
    Lostpawn said:

Yeah but are they actually vetting this in real time for caller 22?   Doesn’t help us if they go back through a week later to verify.  The opportunity was already taken.
    Rob hinted a lot during yesterday's FF that there will be additional chances in the weeks leading up to the show.  So while we've had previous caller 22 winners on this thread already confirm they ask for your email and name as listed in your account settings - this will just end up meaning there will be more chances as the weeks go on...

so say hello to another few weeks of voluntary torture! :)
  • Options
    RH1500RH1500 Posts: 35
    RH1500 said:
    No luck this morning, but I thought I had it.  I use three cell phones like a mad man trying for this and somehow all three got through within a 20 second span.  Got callers 3, 10, and 13.  Then got back through on one cell, but it just rang for 5 minutes and hung up.  <sigh>  Three more chances and then I can stop obsessing over this contest.  Haha. 
    Who is your cel provider?? This is crazy to me.

Each cell is different.  T-Mobile (which has gotten through the most), Xfinity mobile (uses Verizon network), and Mint Mobile (uses T-Mobile).  I bought a $.99 Mint Mobile starter sim kit this past weekend on Amazon which gives you a free 1-week no obligation trial and I popped it in an old smartphone.  All three phones give me silence/dead air for 15-35 seconds before a busy signal, call failed, or connecting.  Not sure cell provider makes a difference. I still think it all comes down to luck.