Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    Now that today's shift at the Circuit Busying Plant is over, I gave the "Listener Care" number a call to make sure I'm entered for the second-chance contest (which looks like it ends today). I've had the same problem as others here, where I submit my entry and then when I try to follow through on the "Listen Here" button I just get taken to a page to create a new account. I also noticed that in the rules it says that creating multiple entries will cause them all to be disregarded, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't messed it up that way.

After three calls and several mis-directions within the Sirius customer service architecture, I finally got through to someone who would discuss it with me, and while I've been assured that everything is fine and I'm properly entered for the contest I have to say that I don't have 100% confidence that it's true.
    What's that number? I had similar problems when I submitted my entry. It took me through all of the prompts to enter and then when I submitted it said I was already entered, but I still get emails prompting me to enter. 
    866-635-2349. Good luck - if you get through and talk to somebody, let us know here so we can compare notes.
    I sent a screenshot and tweet to the Sirius main account with that issue and SiriusHelp wrote back to me saying "Listening to the channel automatically enters you to win. Good luck" I hope they are right, but who knows.
    Yeah - I'm at least as concerned about the bit in the rules that says if you create multiple entries they'll all be voided, since I've tried several times to get a different result. But I've been assured that I'm entered.
    Yeah same here and I tried calling them a few times, but just got the run around for awhile.
    I had to spell out Pearl Jam to one person I talked to lol. Anyway good luck hopefully we get more 10 Clubbers at that show.
    I truly wonder what the odds look like. The email says it went out to just under 7 million subscribers - that seems VERY high given that, based on quick google search, it looks like Sirius only has ~30 million subscribers in total. But let's say it's accurate - how many of those people even open the email? How many of those try to enter? How many of those get the bootleg question right (either because they know, care enough to look it up, or guess correctly)? How many of those go ahead and listen to PJ radio (especially considering that the "Listen Here" link doesn't work)? And of course: how many tickets are they giving out?

I couldn't begin to guess the answers to any of those questions. But at this point whatever the answers are, and acknowledging the possibility that I'm not even entered correctly, I feel like this is a much better shot than I have playing the busy signal game nine more times.
    Yeah after 3 weeks of this contest I still don't get the logic with what works and what doesn't. I tried last week and got caller 20 with my work phone. Since then I tried my work and cell again, and landline no luck getting through at all. 
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,492
    edited March 2020
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    Now that today's shift at the Circuit Busying Plant is over, I gave the "Listener Care" number a call to make sure I'm entered for the second-chance contest (which looks like it ends today). I've had the same problem as others here, where I submit my entry and then when I try to follow through on the "Listen Here" button I just get taken to a page to create a new account. I also noticed that in the rules it says that creating multiple entries will cause them all to be disregarded, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't messed it up that way.

After three calls and several mis-directions within the Sirius customer service architecture, I finally got through to someone who would discuss it with me, and while I've been assured that everything is fine and I'm properly entered for the contest I have to say that I don't have 100% confidence that it's true.
    What's that number? I had similar problems when I submitted my entry. It took me through all of the prompts to enter and then when I submitted it said I was already entered, but I still get emails prompting me to enter. 
    866-635-2349. Good luck - if you get through and talk to somebody, let us know here so we can compare notes.
    I sent a screenshot and tweet to the Sirius main account with that issue and SiriusHelp wrote back to me saying "Listening to the channel automatically enters you to win. Good luck" I hope they are right, but who knows.
    Yeah - I'm at least as concerned about the bit in the rules that says if you create multiple entries they'll all be voided, since I've tried several times to get a different result. But I've been assured that I'm entered.
    Yeah same here and I tried calling them a few times, but just got the run around for awhile.
    I had to spell out Pearl Jam to one person I talked to lol. Anyway good luck hopefully we get more 10 Clubbers at that show.
    I truly wonder what the odds look like. The email says it went out to just under 7 million subscribers - that seems VERY high given that, based on quick google search, it looks like Sirius only has ~30 million subscribers in total. But let's say it's accurate - how many of those people even open the email? How many of those try to enter? How many of those get the bootleg question right (either because they know, care enough to look it up, or guess correctly)? How many of those go ahead and listen to PJ radio (especially considering that the "Listen Here" link doesn't work)? And of course: how many tickets are they giving out?

I couldn't begin to guess the answers to any of those questions. But at this point whatever the answers are, and acknowledging the possibility that I'm not even entered correctly, I feel like this is a much better shot than I have playing the busy signal game nine more times.
    In 2018, when U2 played the Apollo, I received an email for a drawing just for NYC area subscribers. It said:

*ODDS: This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 3,318,000 subscribers in the New York area. 

I think since then, more subscribers have entered their music preferences which has increased the size of the pool and I'm guessing that maybe it was sent to anyone who listed "rock" as one of their favorites. 
    Yeah but if every single subscriber in the New York area got the invite, that would mean that almost exactly one in five (19.957%) of the total worldwide subscriber base for Sirius (as of 12/31/19, http://s1.q4cdn.com/750174072/files/doc_financials/2019/q4/Sirius10-K.pdf) lives in the New York area.
    I'm about 1,000 miles from NY and the email I received says "This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 6,965,157 subscribers in the New York area." So either the reference to "New York area" is an error or their definition of that area is quite broad.
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

In 2018, when U2 played the Apollo, I received an email for a drawing just for NYC area subscribers. It said:

*ODDS: This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 3,318,000 subscribers in the New York area. 

I think since then, more subscribers have entered their music preferences which has increased the size of the pool and I'm guessing that maybe it was sent to anyone who listed "rock" as one of their favorites. 
    Yeah but if every single subscriber in the New York area got the invite, that would mean that almost exactly one in five (19.957%) of the total worldwide subscriber base for Sirius (as of 12/31/19, http://s1.q4cdn.com/750174072/files/doc_financials/2019/q4/Sirius10-K.pdf) lives in the New York area.
    I'm about 1,000 miles from NY and the email I received says "This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 6,965,157 subscribers in the New York area." 
    When you realized that this "exclusive opportunity" for "subscribers in the New York area" had been sent to you in error, you declined to enter the contest and informed Sirius of the mistake?
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,492
    tdawe said:
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

I'm about 1,000 miles from NY and the email I received says "This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 6,965,157 subscribers in the New York area." 
    When you realized that this "exclusive opportunity" for "subscribers in the New York area" had been sent to you in error, you declined to enter the contest and informed Sirius of the mistake?
    Absolutely. ;) But ultimately I'm in the same situation of not knowing if I even submitted a valid entry because of the ambiguity around step 2. I figure the odds are small enough that it's not worth losing much sleep over. 
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,164
    Has anyone gotten through using the Verizon network? 
    I got caller 9 on Verizon this morning.
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 837
    edited March 2020

No, that's not what I mean. I'm not saying that all people who received the email are NYC area residents. I'm saying that more subscribers have now indicated that one of their preferences is "rock".

EDIT: -  I didn't notice that NYC verbiage in the email.

Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 837
    edited March 2020
    SHZA said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

I'm about 1,000 miles from NY and the email I received says "This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 6,965,157 subscribers in the New York area." So either the reference to "New York area" is an error or their definition of that area is quite broad.
    Just seeing this now. Really. Well there goes my theory. I hadn't noticed that it included the NYC verbiage. 
    Post edited by washed in black on
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    Thanks for everyone's feedback on using Verizon. I guess there is some hope for me yet. See all of you tomorrow!
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    I'm screwed tomorrow, I have NYR tickets and will be in the garden during the call in window from 6-9:30 :bawling:
  • Options
    Woke up this morning to no email telling me I’ve won a pair of tickets in the “what year did they start doing bootlegs” contest. #gutted. 
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    I also entered the second chance “bootleg” question lottery.
    i actually won a similar contest a few months ago when Phish played Sirius event at the Met in Philly. That email went out to ~900k subscribers in Philly area with a similar trivia question.  Found out results 4 days after submission deadline for that one.  Anticipate we’ll get results Thursday or Friday for this one.
    Talking to other attendees of that show seemed like the majority were kind of local and got picked for it that way. Actually had a couple of friends win the same way so the success rate was higher than expected (although starting off with a lower target email audience base and venue was bigger around 3k).  Guessing that bulk of public distributed tickets for the Apollo show will be won through this lottery as well.
    I had a feeling that Sirius would do this again for New York area people since easy way to ensure contest winners would actually show so I changed my account address to my friends NYC work address to make sure I got the email.
    For the Phish show it was surprisingly non corporate. Didn’t see anyone there who looked like Sirius suits and their guests hogging the tickets in their luxury boxes.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    i actually won a similar contest a few months ago when Phish played Sirius event at the Met in Philly. That email went out to ~900k subscribers in Philly area with a similar trivia question.  Found out results 4 days after submission deadline for that one.  Anticipate we’ll get results Thursday or Friday for this one.
    Talking to other attendees of that show seemed like the majority were kind of local and got picked for it that way. Actually had a couple of friends win the same way so the success rate was higher than expected (although starting off with a lower target email audience base and venue was bigger around 3k).  Guessing that bulk of public distributed tickets for the Apollo show will be won through this lottery as well.
    I had a feeling that Sirius would do this again for New York area people since easy way to ensure contest winners would actually show so I changed my account address to my friends NYC work address to make sure I got the email.
    For the Phish show it was surprisingly non corporate. Didn’t see anyone there who looked like Sirius suits and their guests hogging the tickets in their luxury boxes.
    Also the floor was GA, so they eventually let all of the Phish fans in who didn’t have tickets. 
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    kosteva2 said:
    When did this second one go out? I live in the area and haven’t seen it
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 587
    Got a Sirius email “you are confirmed”. 

For some stupid car kit upgrade that we dont even have.  Pisser!
  • Options
    kosteva2kosteva2 Posts: 287
    The 2nd email to NY area subscribers with the bootleg trivia question went out last Wednesday.
    TFC '97, TFC '98, Pittsburgh '98, Camden I,II '98, Camden I,II '00, Pittsburgh '00, Philly '03, Camden I,II '03, MSG I,II '03, Hershey '03, Reading '04, Philly '05, Camden I,II '06, Meadowlands I '06, Camden I,II '08, DC '08, Spectrum I,II,III,IV '09, Made in America '12, Philly I,II '13, GCF '15, Philly I,II '16, MSG I '16, Apollo ‘22, MSG ‘22, Camden ‘22
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    The 2nd email to NY area subscribers with the bootleg trivia question went out last Wednesday.
    It pretty obviously wasn't limited to the NY area - but I think whether or not you got it depends at least in part on whether you heeded the many, many notices from Sirius since the show was announced to select your genre preferences. 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,631
    edited March 2020
    I must leave this thread now.  I just can't listen to PJ radio for five hours a day anymore.   Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    And since it went to such a large distribution list of nearly 7million, I didn't receive mine until Thursday night at 11:15 pm.

• Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    kosteva2 said:
    And since it went to such a large distribution list of nearly 7million, I didn't receive mine until Thursday night at 11:15 pm.
    Interesting. Didn't get one either. Is there a way to trigger it?
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Have you registered your music preferences on the SiriusXM website? That’s the only way I know if to get on the distribution list. 

• Options
    Good morning! Another day, another chance to win. Here's a briefing for today (Tuesday). Last week to try!

Song of the week: Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town
    Call in window: 5 pm - 10 pm EST (2 pm - 7 pm PST)
    Chances to win: 2
    Number: 855-973-2755

Faithfull Forum
    Call in window: Next (last) one is Wed, 3/4

Listening Tips:
    • Online and satellite listeners have both won. They seem to start taking callers at online start time.
    • Online starts to play 2-2.5 minutes after satellite.
    • Satellite listeners have graciously posted here when the song starts. F5 is your friend.
    • A short promo for the contest typically plays before the song of the week is aired.
    • PJ Radio confirmed two plays for rest of contest with a like on Twitter.
    • There is typically at least 1 hour between each play, but has been longer.
    Dialing Tips:
    • When dialing, if you hear "all circuits are busy", "your call can not be completed", or get a standard busy signal, hang up and call again. Otherwise, wait!
    • Fans that have gotten through have reported dead air or hearing background music before a human picks up.
    • They don't announce the winner on air (except during the FF), but many have been trying for 10-15 minutes before giving up.
    • Ice cream can be used to keep children occupied while dialing (@MakeUSmile).
    Faithfull Forum:
    • Rob has given them away early in the show and late in the show. He typically gives notice at the beginning.
    • Week 1 started at 6 pm EST. Week 2 and 3 started at 5 pm EST. Check these notes for the final time.

Good luck everyone!

Porch Winners (thanks for the list @MakeUSmile):
    • Danlee1095 2/12
    • LL105579 2/17
    • RS151862 2/18
    • KidsAtPlay 2/18
    • Kane316 2/19
    • Spawn492 2/21
    • MakeUSmile  2/24
    • Miseroj 2/25
    • Fatherhubber 2/26
    • JB23237 2/26
    • Stevenmorris87 2/27
    • Mac57 3/2 new

https://siriusxm.com/pjrules
    https://www.siriusxm.com/PJApollo (don't forget to enter for a chance to win)
    🤙
  • Options
    molecule said:
    kosteva2 said:
    Have you registered your music preferences on the SiriusXM website? That’s the only way I know if to get on the distribution list. 
    Pretty sure I did. Will check again.
    🤙
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    I never got one. This is really frustrating.
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    Me either. I live about 50 minutes from NYC 
  • Options
    Neither did I. About m an hour from the city. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    edited March 2020
    I must leave this thread now.  I just can't listen to PJ radio for five hours a day anymore.   Good luck everyone!
    I hear ya. Too much of a good thing. For most of the past couple of weeks I've either muted airplay or hopped channels in b/t songs, especially during DOTC & SBWM....trying to keep em fresh!
  • Options
    Finally got an email about tickets

to the local elementary school pasta night.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Finally got an email about tickets

to the local elementary school pasta night.
    LOL
    🤙
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    In meetings all day long man but thankfully Sirius is on the late window tonight
  • Options
    kosteva2 said:
    Me either. I live about 50 minutes from NYC 
    I live a 20 minute walk from MSG. In fact, in my office right now, I look out my window and can see MSG.