Options

Pearl Jam at The Apollo

Comments

• Options
    Has anyone gotten through using the Verizon network? 
    I haven't. Also haven't gotten through on my landline. I've called during every chance - even the Faithful Forums - yet have never once gotten through.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    AB285441AB285441 Posts: 120
    Has anyone gotten through with AT&T?
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,951
    I haven't. Also haven't gotten through on my landline. I've called during every chance - even the Faithful Forums - yet have never once gotten through.
    Same here unfortunately 
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    Looks like no Forum winner?!??
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    T-Mobile - doesnt even ring. It's silent and then I get a busy message.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    CFO93CFO93 Posts: 158

yes.  Caller 1 21 and 11

Caller 11 last Thursday morning with Verizon
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    T-Mobile - doesnt even ring. It's silent and then I get a busy message.
    I get that for the most part too, I heard music once earlier today and it just disconnected, heard music again this time and actually had someone pick up and tell me 14.  Honestly I didn’t think I had much of a chance given my setup, but there’s hope!
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    apkirklandapkirkland Big Sky Country Posts: 216
    Got #12 last week on Verizon. Circuits busy every other try. It’s possible, I just know it! 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,323
    Mac57 said:
    Mac57 said:
    SWEET BABY JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just talked to Andrew at Sirius and I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Will post after I call wife!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Congrats!!! That’s amazing!!!
    Thanks Steve, I'll see you there. Still can't believe it!
    Yeah I’m also still in shock days later! See you there!
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,005
    Now that today's shift at the Circuit Busying Plant is over, I gave the "Listener Care" number a call to make sure I'm entered for the second-chance contest (which looks like it ends today). I've had the same problem as others here, where I submit my entry and then when I try to follow through on the "Listen Here" button I just get taken to a page to create a new account. I also noticed that in the rules it says that creating multiple entries will cause them all to be disregarded, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't messed it up that way.

After three calls and several mis-directions within the Sirius customer service architecture, I finally got through to someone who would discuss it with me, and while I've been assured that everything is fine and I'm properly entered for the contest I have to say that I don't have 100% confidence that it's true.
  • Options
    luvspearljamluvspearljam NY, NY Posts: 207
    AB285441 said:
    I have, twice. #4 and #12. 
  • Options
    wall232 said:
    Small town on again 
    For those who believe in conspiracy theories, this contest is not for you. There’s no explanation. 

I called 5 seconds after reading wall232’s post. The song was on satellite but not on stream.

i was calling from a landline (right ear) and my T-Mobile cell (left ear).

Caller number 1 on T-Mobile. 
    Severed Hand
  • Options
    AB285441 said:
    I got through with AT&T cell once on 2/14. Number 18. I have not gotten through since on AT&T, Verizon cells or landline. I have only missed one day. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Now that today's shift at the Circuit Busying Plant is over, I gave the "Listener Care" number a call to make sure I'm entered for the second-chance contest (which looks like it ends today). I've had the same problem as others here, where I submit my entry and then when I try to follow through on the "Listen Here" button I just get taken to a page to create a new account. I also noticed that in the rules it says that creating multiple entries will cause them all to be disregarded, so I wanted to make sure I hadn't messed it up that way.

After three calls and several mis-directions within the Sirius customer service architecture, I finally got through to someone who would discuss it with me, and while I've been assured that everything is fine and I'm properly entered for the contest I have to say that I don't have 100% confidence that it's true.
    What's that number? I had similar problems when I submitted my entry. It took me through all of the prompts to enter and then when I submitted it said I was already entered, but I still get emails prompting me to enter. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    AB285441 said:
    I won on AT&T iPhone X.  Also had caller 18,
    8, & 13
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    tdawe said:

What's that number? I had similar problems when I submitted my entry. It took me through all of the prompts to enter and then when I submitted it said I was already entered, but I still get emails prompting me to enter. 
    866-635-2349. Good luck - if you get through and talk to somebody, let us know here so we can compare notes.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Entered twice through my Sirius subscription. They sent two entry e-mails these past few weeks. Would be a boss way for the wife and I to celebrate our respective birthday's both on March 27th!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,028
    I got through for the first time on this last one 40 mins ago, I was caller #2.  I have ATT&T and all I get is "we're sorry, your call can not be completed at this time" over and over and over usually. It becomes quite disheartening hearing that 50 times in a row twice a day, haha..  I literally thought I had no chance on my cell phone given that history, but then just got through.... so I guess I keep trying at least!
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

866-635-2349. Good luck - if you get through and talk to somebody, let us know here so we can compare notes.
    I sent a screenshot and tweet to the Sirius main account with that issue and SiriusHelp wrote back to me saying "Listening to the channel automatically enters you to win. Good luck" I hope they are right, but who knows.
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    AB285441 said:
    I have a few times 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

I sent a screenshot and tweet to the Sirius main account with that issue and SiriusHelp wrote back to me saying "Listening to the channel automatically enters you to win. Good luck" I hope they are right, but who knows.
    Yeah - I'm at least as concerned about the bit in the rules that says if you create multiple entries they'll all be voided, since I've tried several times to get a different result. But I've been assured that I'm entered.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,660
    Struck out today.  My wife had it ring for like five minutes tho
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,875
    AB285441 said:
    I won on AT&T iPhone X.  Also had caller 18,
    8, & 13
    ^^Good to know. I've tried many, many times on cell and landline via AT&T's network and have yet to get thru. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Yeah - I'm at least as concerned about the bit in the rules that says if you create multiple entries they'll all be voided, since I've tried several times to get a different result. But I've been assured that I'm entered.
    Yeah same here and I tried calling them a few times, but just got the run around for awhile.
    I had to spell out Pearl Jam to one person I talked to lol. Anyway good luck hopefully we get more 10 Clubbers at that show.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Yeah same here and I tried calling them a few times, but just got the run around for awhile.
    I had to spell out Pearl Jam to one person I talked to lol. Anyway good luck hopefully we get more 10 Clubbers at that show.
    I truly wonder what the odds look like. The email says it went out to just under 7 million subscribers - that seems VERY high given that, based on quick google search, it looks like Sirius only has ~30 million subscribers in total. But let's say it's accurate - how many of those people even open the email? How many of those try to enter? How many of those get the bootleg question right (either because they know, care enough to look it up, or guess correctly)? How many of those go ahead and listen to PJ radio (especially considering that the "Listen Here" link doesn't work)? And of course: how many tickets are they giving out?

I couldn't begin to guess the answers to any of those questions. But at this point whatever the answers are, and acknowledging the possibility that I'm not even entered correctly, I feel like this is a much better shot than I have playing the busy signal game nine more times.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    Good times this morning all. We got another board winner, so cool! Back at it tomorrow for another two tries.
    🤙
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Bleh, it asks me about a car radio lol  I live in NYC i dont have a car. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

Bleh, it asks me about a car radio lol  I live in NYC i dont have a car. 
    The way I finally broke through was to say "Listener Care" to the robot menu lady (I think she might be the cousin of the circuity busy lady) to get her to connect me directly to the CS person who could (at least attempt to) answer my questions.
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

I truly wonder what the odds look like. The email says it went out to just under 7 million subscribers - that seems VERY high given that, based on quick google search, it looks like Sirius only has ~30 million subscribers in total. But let's say it's accurate - how many of those people even open the email? How many of those try to enter? How many of those get the bootleg question right (either because they know, care enough to look it up, or guess correctly)? How many of those go ahead and listen to PJ radio (especially considering that the "Listen Here" link doesn't work)? And of course: how many tickets are they giving out?

I couldn't begin to guess the answers to any of those questions. But at this point whatever the answers are, and acknowledging the possibility that I'm not even entered correctly, I feel like this is a much better shot than I have playing the busy signal game nine more times.
    In 2018, when U2 played the Apollo, I received an email for a drawing just for NYC area subscribers. It said:

*ODDS: This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 3,318,000 subscribers in the New York area. 

I think since then, more subscribers have entered their music preferences which has increased the size of the pool and I'm guessing that maybe it was sent to anyone who listed "rock" as one of their favorites. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:

In 2018, when U2 played the Apollo, I received an email for a drawing just for NYC area subscribers. It said:

*ODDS: This exclusive opportunity for this block of tickets is being promoted by only one email broadcast to approximately 3,318,000 subscribers in the New York area. 

I think since then, more subscribers have entered their music preferences which has increased the size of the pool and I'm guessing that maybe it was sent to anyone who listed "rock" as one of their favorites. 
    Yeah but if every single subscriber in the New York area got the invite, that would mean that almost exactly one in five (19.957%) of the total worldwide subscriber base for Sirius (as of 12/31/19, http://s1.q4cdn.com/750174072/files/doc_financials/2019/q4/Sirius10-K.pdf) lives in the New York area.