Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    BmoyaBmoya Posts: 100
    dschifrin said:
    Bmoya said:
    @NSL - where were Arizona tickets located? Trying to gauge the quality of seats popping for that show. Thanks
    The AZ ones have been mostly 200 level...but every once in a while a 100 level or even a floor reserved pops up. Some of the 200-level have lingered for a few minutes... so you may have a chance at those. I have 4 up there that I'll sell when I can upgrade myself. I've been watching pretty much non-stop for 2 days (using Chrome auto-refresh while on a large monitor w/ that window open on the side). I've had tickets in the cart several times, but unable to seal the deal. 
    Thanks for the info. I thought there would be more available given the Easter weekend. I'll keep tracking as well. Best of luck!
  • Options
    DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 241
    I scored a ridiculously good upgrade for Oakland N1. 114 Row A5 (2nd row off the floor) popped up this morning when I randomly refreshed a couple times and I was lucky enough to get them. I listed my 101 Row 22 pair and they sold almost instantly. It's an easy process, but there's a lot of luck involved for sure.
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 654
    Saltzy23 said:
    TW150753 said:
    Sometimes I just click on the Ottawa show to see the screen that says Heads Up - Important Info, so I know I'm not losing my mind clicking on B'more.
    My pressure release has been opening up my TM app and just looking at my MSG tickets just to get a visual image reminding me how lucky I am to be seeing even just one of these US shows.
    ugh you got MSG.... now you just rubbed your balls on my face...well played well played...lemme know if you need a +1😁 
  • Options
    So frustrating..  two days plus now.   Baltimore 😭😭 live in NJ. Can't believe they are skipping philly
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,331
    DoDaFoo said:
    I scored a ridiculously good upgrade for Oakland N1. 114 Row A5 (2nd row off the floor) popped up this morning when I randomly refreshed a couple times and I was lucky enough to get them. I listed my 101 Row 22 pair and they sold almost instantly. It's an easy process, but there's a lot of luck involved for sure.
    I saw your tickets right on a refresh after a refresh, I think I might have had a good chance getting them, but opted to hold out.  I think the side stage upper deck isn't bad.. so I figure it was mostly a wash in seat position.    Your tickets because of how fast I had refreshed were the first pair I thought I could actually get.

Best ones I've seen so far were 2nd row in the seats on the floor (middle section) and row 2 up in section 128.  I couldn't check out in time for those ones.  Hard to find time to fresh, but hopefully something good pops up :)
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    TW150753 said:
    Sometimes I just click on the Ottawa show to see the screen that says Heads Up - Important Info, so I know I'm not losing my mind clicking on B'more.
    My pressure release has been opening up my TM app and just looking at my MSG tickets just to get a visual image reminding me how lucky I am to be seeing even just one of these US shows.
    ugh you got MSG.... now you just rubbed your balls on my face...well played well played...lemme know if you need a +1😁 
    Yeah, but they in the 200's like a fucking peasant.

KIDDING!  I AM JUST KIDDING!
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    F yeah!  Just scored a GA ticket for Quebec through F2B
  • Options
    Red Lukin said:
    Nice!
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,971
    edited February 2020
    Red Lukin said:
    Nice! Good to see the GA staying in 10c.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    TW150753 said:

I’m surprised your seats aren’t closer. What section were you last time they played MSG?
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    Bmoya said:
    @NSL - where were Arizona tickets located? Trying to gauge the quality of seats popping for that show. Thanks
    @Bmoya section 210
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    JimmyV said:
    Red Lukin said:
    Nice! Good to see the GA staying in 10c.

Well at least some. Not a perfect system but working out for me so far.  

I'd rather spend the time and effort looking, as opposed to paying more than face.  Scoring the ticket is such a rush.
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 654
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    TW150753 said:

200's!!! dude dont embarrass yourself sitting there. sell them to me!
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,892
    edited February 2020
    Curious after 2 days, what did people go in looking for and how has it been?  Me:
    STL: had nothing and scored a primo pair Wed morning
    OAK2: looking to upgrade
    LA1: looking to upgrade

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I propose that 10c have a lottery for F2F next time. Just have everyone that wants to sell back tix submit by a certain date. Then 2 weeks before show have the lottery for members who didn’t get tickets in first lottery.  Then it can go into this regular type of F2F for people who missed the deadline or can’t make the show last minute. 

• Options
    Curious after 2 days, what did people go in looking for and how has it been?  Me:

QC: lower bowl pair behind the stage --> lower bowl pair right next to stage
    Ottawa: Upper Deck pair behind the stage --> lower bowl pair 3/4 sections over
    Baltimore: I'll let you guess how that's gone thus far...
  • Options
    I propose that 10c have a lottery for F2F next time. Just have everyone that wants to sell back tix submit by a certain date. Then 2 weeks before show have the lottery for members who didn’t get tickets in first lottery.  Then it can go into this regular type of F2F for people who missed the deadline or can’t make the show last minute. 

This sounds really hard logistically since people might want to make hotel and transportation reservations. Also I don’t think 10C wants to do more work on another lottery for the same show. 
  • Options
    Anyone notice if a GA was released today for Toronto?
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586

just looking for Baltimore,  had multiple f2f in cart the past couple days only to get beat by another fan...F5ing till the end of time 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options

Pretty good. Obviously BAL is a long shot/high demand, but 2 shows moving from behind the stage to lower bowl.
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options

Pretty good. Obviously BAL is a long shot/high demand, but 2 shows moving from behind the stage to lower bowl.
    Agreed! Can't complain. Would love to add Baltimore to compete the group but I've done okay thus far with the other 2!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,600
    Red Lukin said:
    Good work.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 272
    pjl44 said:
    ritg19 said:
    It appears the most unhappiest of fans are those who have the means and willingness to pay hundreds for a ticket on stubhub, but lost this edge with this new system.  I suspect this number is the minority.

Yeah, it's hard to sympathize with someone whose complaint is that they can't buy their way in. The band has set up a system where luck or persistence  and not cash determines who gets their hands on limited supply. So it goes.

It would be great if people had the option to sell below face, but I can understand potential barriers to implementing that. Could be technology, could be not wanting to cannibalize other inventory, etc. Given that, the lesson is don't buy more than what you need. Things come up and I get that but people need to realize there's risk in upgrading your seats or pooling with friends and hoping you can offload the extras later. Incentivizing people not to hoard isn't the worst thing.
    It’s not nearly as much about me being willing to buy my way in as you think.  It’s about a designed system that requires people to sit and refresh their phones thousands of times. And then your odds still aren’t good. 

So yeah, I’ve got things to do and would gladly cough up $150 or more over face to get back to my life and job. It’s worth it to me to have certainty of a ticket with my kids 6 weeks before the show. It is awesome that they can keep prices down.  I really do believe that. But when you’ve got thousands of people wasting hours per day on a less than 1% chance of getting these rare tickets dropped at random, that’s when I see this system as flawed. 

I get that my viewpoint puts me in the minority.  I’m thrilled I got two for face value. I’d just love the option to pay more to get four together. That’s all. 

Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,915

severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    As frustrating as this has been, thanks to everyone on here for keeping me sane!  I'm still holding out hope for hometown B-more tickets, but happy to visit Ottawa for the first time.  I love the idea of F5 t-shirts, perhaps I'll sell some to pay for our flight to Canada!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,026
    When Baltimore tickets pop up

black friday thanksgiving GIF by NBC

• Options

hahaha - i'm right there with ya
  • Options
    Hankj25 said:
    So yeah, I’ve got things to do and would gladly cough up $150 or more over face to get back to my life and job.  I’d just love the option to pay more to get four together. That’s all.
    I hear you, but big picture...this exactly what the band is trying to avoid, that people with more money are the ones that get in.  Your ability and willingness to pay more would shut out a fan who can't afford to pay more, plus that extra $150 doesnt go to the band/promoter/TM, it goes to a scalper/StubHub.  I'm in a similar boat as you, but what we know now is that a huge majority of tickets is in the hands of true fans (those who won the lottery or have F5'd the resale to death) at face value.

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    madhat181 said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    epbadger said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    TW150753 said:

I’m surprised your seats aren’t closer. What section were you last time they played MSG?

....closer.

=) 
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,026
    edited February 2020
    Baltimore is up....and they're gone.

Post edited by GlowGirl on