Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    Someone beat me to those Baltimore 226's as well. All my cc info entered, declined insurance, it was spinning and another fan got them
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    4 hours wasted LOL...anyone who sticks this out for a month deserves a medal 
    I am still clicking on MSG periodically hoping new tickets will drop.....
    Me too! That was the only reason I was excited for F2F. Now I’m just losing my mind going for Balt LOL. Based on the Stubhub prices for MSG I think we are royally porked. 
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    Its just crazy 
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    What about the people on the opposite end of the spectrum?

What about someone that bought Rear Stage tickets for Oklahoma City because they misplayed the market and rushed to get them fearing the show would sell out.

On StubHub that person could cut their loses and recoup whatever they could by selling for under face value.

With this system and the number of tickets that have been posted on the F2F for that show there is a good person that person is gonna eat those tickets with a spicy marinara sauce.

They could go to a Pearl Jam show, if they wanted to.
    ....and if they can't?  Or if they realize there are far better seats available and they want to upgrade?

The pink dots on this map are absolutely screwed.  They is 0% chance they will sell.  They are F2F $121 listings and all the blue dots are still unsold $103 TM seats, of which there are a ton left.

Apparently it's OK that someone dropped like $200 on them when they went on sale and now literally has no way of unloading them if they need to? 

Why is that person an acceptable causality in this new system?

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    My god, after 3 DAYS (and multiple failed transactions), I'M IN!!! Going to Baltimore.  A pair in 226 Row G.  Not the best seats but for a smaller arena not too shabby at all.  I say this not to gloat but to hopefully give hope to those out there, stay with it!

One peice of advice -- on a whim I switched credit cards for this from a mastercard debit card to my chase sapphire visa.  I noticed than when I was purchasing with the mastercard, I got a popup after starting to purchase that would say "mastercard is verifying" or something like that, so I suspected that may be slowing me down vs normal visa process, and low and behold this went through (though it may totally have been luck of the draw).  

IT IS POSSIBLE FOLKS, GOOD LUCK!!
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,449
    Someone beat me to those Baltimore 226's as well. All my cc info entered, declined insurance, it was spinning and another fan got them
    Grabbing insurance gives you a better chance -- ticketmaster gets a cut
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,985
    I see what you are saying saltzy.   So maybe have a feature where you can set your own price as long as it isn’t over face.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JadlerJadler Posts: 706
    asacks81 said:
    My god, after 3 DAYS (and multiple failed transactions), I'M IN!!! Going to Baltimore.  A pair in 226 Row G.  Not the best seats but for a smaller arena not too shabby at all.  I say this not to gloat but to hopefully give hope to those out there, stay with it!

One peice of advice -- on a whim I switched credit cards for this from a mastercard debit card to my chase sapphire visa.  I noticed than when I was purchasing with the mastercard, I got a popup after starting to purchase that would say "mastercard is verifying" or something like that, so I suspected that may be slowing me down vs normal visa process, and low and behold this went through (though it may totally have been luck of the draw).  

Wow congrats! 
  • Options
    GetRight13GetRight13 NY Posts: 586
    asacks81 said:

Nice! ...Yea  I saw those too...Unfortunately all my cards are mastercard...so Im just hoping for the best...F5 continues on
    2023 Austin 1 & 2
    Ottawa 09/03
    MSG 1 & 2
    2013 Brooklyn (10/18, 10/19) Philadelphia (10/21, 10/22)
    2012 Atlanta 09/22
    2009 Albany 06/08 (Eddie Solo)
    2008 Bonnaroo 6/14
    2006 Albany 05/12
    2005 Philadelphia 10/03
    2000 Saratoga Springs 08/27
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,261
    edited February 2020
    BagCzech said:
    tdawe said:
    korn-1 said:
    I dont think the tenacity of the 10c fans was expected. People, myself included, refreshing for hours on end to not even just get tickets but to upgrade tickets to shows they already have. I certainly didnt expect to spend this much time monitoring f2f, but its turned into a challenge now. 
    But how many tickets have dropped for any of these shows? I haven't been following all of them, but for Baltimore what is it like 50? That suggests that virtually all of the tickets were initially sold to people who, at least as of now, intend to use them. That is an incredible accomplishment for the band.
    Great point. Putting personal agony to the side, all in all, this has proved to be a tremendous success for the band. Remember that at a macro level, the goal is to fill the seats with fans and limit scalpers. That appears to have happened. 

We are coming at it from the angle of "yeah, but I want to be the fan in the seat". At this point, to the band it really shouldn't matter especially considering it is virtually a guarantee that any tickets sold on this the Fan to Fan marketplace are accomplishing just that, going from fan to fan. 
    definitely has really hurt scalpers...but has also really hurt fans in the northeast.  access to the NE shows was incredibly limited by this system.  it is what it is...but now imagine paying for every band you ever want to see to join their fan club to have the opportunity to see any show if everyone uses this system.  not good for fans.

also if they were going to use this system to resell it should be a lottery again for those that had already put in their priority for these.  so there is waiting list and first ones who missed out get offered those that get up.  I know Dead and Company uses a system like this for their concerts in the Sand series in Mexico. Their is a priority list of those that don't buy the tickets so next in line is offered etc.

Post edited by pjhawks on
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

What about someone that bought Rear Stage tickets for Oklahoma City because they misplayed the market and rushed to get them fearing the show would sell out.

On StubHub that person could cut their loses and recoup whatever they could by selling for under face value.

With this system and the number of tickets that have been posted on the F2F for that show there is a good person that person is gonna eat those tickets with a spicy marinara sauce.

....and if they can't?  Or if they realize there are far better seats available and they want to upgrade?

The pink dots on this map are absolutely screwed.  They is 0% chance they will sell.  They are F2F $121 listings and all the blue dots are still unsold $103 TM seats, of which there are a ton left.

Apparently it's OK that someone dropped like $200 on them when they went on sale and now literally has no way of unloading them if they need to? 

The blue ones are $121 too - they just haven't added the service fees. People should buy the F2F tickets before the blue ones as a sign of Pearl Jam solidarity. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    mcgruff10 said:
    I see what you are saying saltzy.   So maybe have a feature where you can set your own price as long as it isn’t over face.  
    Guaranteed that TM will never allow that.

People would start to undercut the $103 TM prices for the unsold seats, which are still sitting in the TM inventory.  

They are not gonna let people undercut the face value of tickets on the same site they are still trying to move their own unsold inventory.

We are honestly probably talking about a handful of people that are gonna wind up being put in this spot across all the shows, but my point is that for every yin in economics there is a yang, and the people that rushed and bought rear stage OKC tickets and need to get rid of them are about to get yanged right up the ol' pooper.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,004
    Saltzy23 said:
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Your genuine concern for those 20 or so people, at one show out of twelve, touches my heart. I can tell that, to you, they're not just a rhetorical cudgel to be used to try and justify your opposition to a system that has frustrated you. 

No system is perfect. This one seems to have done a better job of getting tickets into the hands of fans and avoiding the scalpers than I would have thought possible. The answer to your totally good-faith question is that that person is an acceptable casualty because literally thousands of people were able to get tickets directly (both via the expanded lottery and the absence of scalper bots in the initial sales) for this tour. 

I know that things are looking bleak if you don't have tickets for the show you want, and that's frustrating. I'm reminded of words I once heard from a wise person: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7090519#Comment_7090519
  • Options
    asacks81 said:

Damn, I had those in my cart! Lucky bastard! (need a buddy?  =) )
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,818
    mcgruff10 said:
    Saltzy23 said:

There is no perfect system.  On the opposite end of the spectrum you have people selling msg ga tickets on stub hub for $1700 and up.  

1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    BagCzech said:
    tdawe said:
    korn-1 said:
    I dont think the tenacity of the 10c fans was expected. People, myself included, refreshing for hours on end to not even just get tickets but to upgrade tickets to shows they already have. I certainly didnt expect to spend this much time monitoring f2f, but its turned into a challenge now. 
    But how many tickets have dropped for any of these shows? I haven't been following all of them, but for Baltimore what is it like 50? That suggests that virtually all of the tickets were initially sold to people who, at least as of now, intend to use them. That is an incredible accomplishment for the band.
    Great point. Putting personal agony to the side, all in all, this has proved to be a tremendous success for the band. Remember that at a macro level, the goal is to fill the seats with fans and limit scalpers. That appears to have happened. 

We are coming at it from the angle of "yeah, but I want to be the fan in the seat". At this point, to the band it really shouldn't matter especially considering it is virtually a guarantee that any tickets sold on this the Fan to Fan marketplace are accomplishing just that, going from fan to fan. 
    definitely has really hurt scalpers...but has also really hurt fans in the northeast.  access to the NE shows was incredibly limited by this system.  it is what it is...but now imagine paying for every band you ever want to see to join their fan club to have the opportunity to see any show if everyone uses this system.  not good for fans.

also if they were going to use this system to resell it should be a lottery again for those that had already put in their priority for these.  so there is waiting list and first ones who missed out get offered those that get up.  I know Dead and Company uses a system like this for their concerts in the Sand series in Mexico. Their is a priority list of those that don't buy the tickets so next in line is offered etc.

As has been said several times, NE fans are in this spot because of the small number of total seats available, not because of the particulars of the ticket system.

And the vast majority of other bands are not Pearl Jam, in terms of ticket toughness. For most bands, if you're on top of shit in terms of being aware of onsale times, potential presale codes, etc., you can get tickets the first time around. I go to a lot of concerts and very rarely buy on StubHub.
  • Options
    GR280729GR280729 Posts: 105
    Jadler said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    Me too! That was the only reason I was excited for F2F. Now I’m just losing my mind going for Balt LOL. Based on the Stubhub prices for MSG I think we are royally porked. 
    Logically it makes sense why MSG is excluded, but I was hoping they would allow fans to sell through the F2F if they just wanted to sell for Face Value in an easy setting
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hard no to StubHub.
    Disagree. It has a place. I was able to take my teenage daughters with me to shows.  We could all sit together.  We have made some amazing memories at these concerts. I paid a lot for it, especially in 2018 but those memories are worth it. 

This year we can’t sit together and can’t even try for seats close to each other.  

Yeah, instead of spending $120 a seat, I’d be willing to spend more than double that to have us experience it together. And I realize I can hope someone wants to swap seats but that’s not gimme and I don’t want to have to give up the good seats to make that happen. 

I’d still prefer to have a secondary market.  Just would be nice to cap it somehow.  
    In a ballpark, yes? If they were playing ballparks again this year you would be able to again get seats for you and your daughters. The problem here isn't the lack of a secondary market, it is where and how many shows there are.
    My point is valid regardless of venue size. 

I’m willing to spend more to get the product that I desire most (4 seats together). 

This system doesn’t allow for that to happen. 

It’s a trade off. Scalpers are left out in the cold with this new way. But so are some fans.  And the “F5” issue is completely ridiculous, especially since there are still 7 weeks to the shows I’m going to.  
    And you are missing my point by ignoring venue size. 

I'm sorry that you can't bring your girls and sit together, but I am glad we have a system that doesn't allow for astronomical scalper pricing. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    Logically it makes sense why MSG is excluded, but I was hoping they would allow fans to sell through the F2F if they just wanted to sell for Face Value in an easy setting
    Now that we've seen what this looks like for other shows, the thought of people spending six weeks F5ing the page for the MSG show, waiting for some Good Samaritan out there to dump their extra on the exchange instead of selling on StubHub or giving them to a friend, is bone chilling.
  • Options

asacks81 said:

Good suggestion, I just switched from my debit MC to the chase Visa, maybe the extra couple of seconds will help...
  • Options
    asacks81 said:

Has anyone scored using an Amex? When I buy tickets (or just about anything) with my Amex I get a little pop up window similar to the one you're describing above. I assume it's not really any different than any other card (I mean, any credit card company is going to need to verify the charge, I figure the popup window is mostly just for show to make me feel better), but now I'm wondering...
  • Options
    That was only the 3rd set of BA tickets offered since early this morning.  Yesterday there were 8 or 10 by now. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    Now that we've seen what this looks like for other shows, the thought of people spending six weeks F5ing the page for the MSG show, waiting for some Good Samaritan out there to dump their extra on the exchange instead of selling on StubHub or giving them to a friend, is bone chilling.
    You can't.
  • Options
    TenakaTenaka Montreal, QC, Canada Posts: 96
    tdawe said:
    asacks81 said:

Has anyone scored using an Amex? When I buy tickets (or just about anything) with my Amex I get a little pop up window similar to the one you're describing above. I assume it's not really any different than any other card (I mean, any credit card company is going to need to verify the charge, I figure the popup window is mostly just for show to make me feel better), but now I'm wondering...
    These popups most likely occur with every card but the difference could be network issues either with Ticketmaster, or the "gateway" (middle-man between TM and the bank).
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    GR280729 said:
    Jadler said:
    Yeah, but based on how things went for me on Verified Fan, Public Sale and the Apollo, I just know I would have been the first one to click on those tickets.  I am due for some good luck here.
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    Wouldn't it be nice if TM queued all the tickets that are being sold back weekly and announced that they will release them all each Friday morning at 10am.....
  • Options
    TW150753 said:
    Wouldn't it be nice if TM queued all the tickets that are being sold back weekly and announced that they will release them all each Friday morning at 10am.....
    Why would they do that?  Tickets are selling within seconds with how it is now.
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,938
    TW150753 said:
    No, because then you would have the little asshole that doesn't walk and it saying 2,000+ people infront of you.
  • Options
    TW150753TW150753 Posts: 159
    TW150753 said:
    No, because then you would have the little asshole that doesn't walk and it saying 2,000+ people infront of you.
    True, but this is insanity!! If I get tickets to Baltimore I'm making a t-shirt with F5 on it, we'll all get the inside joke...
  • Options
    asacks81 said:

Did you use computer or app on your phone ?