Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    MUZIK said:
    Saltzy23 said:
    MUZIK said:
    Who the hell has all day to do this?

not me lol

I like to think I make enough money where I can just over pay for tickets if i wanted too.

clearly not the case for some of these shows 

🤦‍♂️ 
    This is a fucking quest at this point, and I am not good with backing down from quests until I figure them out.

My boss came over this morning and saw me still clicking refresh on the TM screen and said 'Are you seriously still at that?  Give up already.'

I told him to fuck off, and he walked away.
    You can doit! 

but how much work have you gotten done this week? 
    I manage the payroll here, and tomorrow is pay day.

I made sure I got as much as I could possibly get done last Friday, over the weekend, and on Monday.

The audits and reports I usually go over with a fine tooth comb on Tuesday and Wednesday before I process were basically given a quick, 'Uh huh....mmm hmm....alrighty....ok, ok' drive by review before I signed off on them and completed the payroll.

People were paid.  Accurately?  Hopefully?  Ish? I guess?

All necessary corrections or errors will be addressed after I have secured tickets for this Baltimore show.  Have a nice day, and get the fuck out of my office.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 221
    pjhawks said:
    so how many people here have changed their mind and think having a secondary market (i.e. Stub Hub) would be better for fans? 
    why would it be better? the tickets are in the hands of fans that want to go and paid face value. 
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,182
    New username Salty23
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    Longueuil said:
    There was 2 GA for Ottawa! Missed it
    Image result for ron burgundy i dont believe you gif (or I choose not to :))
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,948
    pjhawks said:
    so how many people here have changed their mind and think having a secondary market (i.e. Stub Hub) would be better for fans? 
    After losing out multiple times for Baltimore, I would much rather fork over 3 - 4x face value to StubHub than waste time hitting F5. Goes both ways though, as I am sure the fans able to secure those same seats prefer this system (as would I). There is no perfect solution.
  • Options
    tusevun said:
    pjhawks said:
    why would it be better? the tickets are in the hands of fans that want to go and paid face value. 
    Ease of use.  Time vs Money.

SHOW COUNT: (152) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=92, US=112, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    started using Auto Refresh plug in for Chrome this AM....it's "fun" trying to beat the captcha in time.  
    I used that for a bit but ticketmaster will then categorize you as a bot
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    RT228921 said:
    started using Auto Refresh plug in for Chrome this AM....it's "fun" trying to beat the captcha in time.  
    I used that for a bit but ticketmaster will then categorize you as a bot
    seem to just have to reload the page when it does...
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Hard no to StubHub.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,010
    pjhawks said:
    I haven't done a deep dive, but just by eyeballing the number of MSG vs. Baltimore ISO threads in the Given To Fly forum I'd say it's pretty much a tie.
  • Options
    tusevuntusevun Posts: 221
    tusevun said:
    pjhawks said:
    Ease of use.  Time vs Money.
    People bitch about scalpers all the time and then actually want them? I have only paid above face value for 1 show in my life and that was through someone on here. Fuck scalpers. 
  • Options
    I would s an effing d for a StubHub option right now.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,300
    pjhawks said:
    After losing out multiple times for Baltimore, I would much rather fork over 3 - 4x face value to StubHub than waste time hitting F5. Goes both ways though, as I am sure the fans able to secure those same seats prefer this system (as would I). There is no perfect solution.
    agree and why i posed the question.  one of my reasons for being against this system initially was my thought of what if every band used this? I would then have to join the fan club for every band that i would like to see a show for? 
  • Options
    Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 298
    JimmyV said:
    Hard no to StubHub.
    Disagree. It has a place. I was able to take my teenage daughters with me to shows.  We could all sit together.  We have made some amazing memories at these concerts. I paid a lot for it, especially in 2018 but those memories are worth it. 

This year we can’t sit together and can’t even try for seats close to each other.  

Yeah, instead of spending $120 a seat, I’d be willing to spend more than double that to have us experience it together. And I realize I can hope someone wants to swap seats but that’s not gimme and I don’t want to have to give up the good seats to make that happen. 

I’d still prefer to have a secondary market.  Just would be nice to cap it somehow.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24
    Noblesville 8-26-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • Options
    B4idiejetsB4idiejets NJ Posts: 346
    ....gimme the secondary market option all day. I love this band like everyone else, but all the time wasted on this damn phone and still likely not to get my balt ticket.....I'd pay in a second right now then I can start getting excited about being there
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 656
    pjhawks said:
    Yes. hate that I have no other options 
    In Katie we trust
  • Options
    I feel like this informal poll might be tainted by selection bias.
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    ....gimme the secondary market option all day. I love this band like everyone else, but all the time wasted on this damn phone and still likely not to get my balt ticket.....I'd pay in a second right now then I can start getting excited about being there
    I tend to agree. If you asked me a month ago, I would say gimme the Fan2Fan over StubHub. But now after the time invested and the frustration, I am fairly sure I'd pay double/triple face value. 
  • Options
    I guess my fundamental dispute with this system is when you boil it all down the primary determining factor as to who gets to go and who is shut out is luck.  No skill.  No real angles to try and figure out.  No throwing money at the problem.  

Blind, stupid luck.

I would rather live in a world where people have more options to get something they really want over and above 'Please Lord, let me win this lotto'...'Please Lord, don't let me see a 2000+ people in front of me when this sale opens up'....and 'Please Lord, let there be tickets when I hit refresh the 10,000,000th time and be the 1st one to hit Buy'.

• Options
    We will all be kicking ourselves when a few day out from show day scalers ,that previously bought not knowing if they can even sell them start using the F2F. I think the week leading up to the show will have a lot more tickets.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hard no to StubHub.
    Disagree. It has a place. I was able to take my teenage daughters with me to shows.  We could all sit together.  We have made some amazing memories at these concerts. I paid a lot for it, especially in 2018 but those memories are worth it. 

This year we can’t sit together and can’t even try for seats close to each other.  

Yeah, instead of spending $120 a seat, I’d be willing to spend more than double that to have us experience it together. And I realize I can hope someone wants to swap seats but that’s not gimme and I don’t want to have to give up the good seats to make that happen. 

I’d still prefer to have a secondary market.  Just would be nice to cap it somehow.  
    In a ballpark, yes? If they were playing ballparks again this year you would be able to again get seats for you and your daughters. The problem here isn't the lack of a secondary market, it is where and how many shows there are.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 418
    The irony is that this process was created to fight bots, and the only way to get tickets is to act like a bot.
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Saltzy23 said:
    I guess my fundamental dispute with this system is when you boil it all down the primary determining factor as to who gets to go and who is shut out is luck.  No skill.  No real angles to try and figure out.  No throwing money at the problem.  

Blind, stupid luck.

Everyone here is always crying about fair. Whats more fair than everyone having the exact same chance at tickets?  I think that was the point, people cant work the system, people cant throw money at it. Everyone gets a fair shake. You win some, you lose some.  
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    Ya give stubhub. All my time doing this crapshoot is worth a few extra bucks on secondary market 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Hankj25 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Hard no to StubHub.

In a ballpark, yes? If they were playing ballparks again this year you would be able to again get seats for you and your daughters. The problem here isn't the lack of a secondary market, it is where and how many shows there are.
    I think this is right. This thread is full of people who are on the outside looking in, but by all appearances the vast majority of the tickets are in the hands of fans that are no less deserving of them than the people here. 
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    JimmyV said:

I see the where the shows are and how many shows argument a lot.  As much as I wish there were more shows and preferably all in my region, I don't think its a reasonable argument.  The band is gonna play as many shows as they want, where they want.  They are at an age and career stage that they don't HAVE to play any.  As much as our fan base may act like it, the band doesn't work for us. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    korn-1korn-1 Los Angeles, transplanted from Chicago Posts: 930
    I dont think the tenacity of the 10c fans was expected. People, myself included, refreshing for hours on end to not even just get tickets but to upgrade tickets to shows they already have. I certainly didnt expect to spend this much time monitoring f2f, but its turned into a challenge now. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Options
    korn-1 said:
    I dont think the tenacity of the 10c fans was expected. People, myself included, refreshing for hours on end to not even just get tickets but to upgrade tickets to shows they already have. I certainly didnt expect to spend this much time monitoring f2f, but its turned into a challenge now. 
    But how many tickets have dropped for any of these shows? I haven't been following all of them, but for Baltimore what is it like 50? That suggests that virtually all of the tickets were initially sold to people who, at least as of now, intend to use them. That is an incredible accomplishment for the band.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Longueuil said:
    There was 2 GA for Ottawa! Missed it
    what! argh....
  • Options
    Clapper said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Blind, stupid luck.

Everyone here is always crying about fair. Whats more fair than everyone having the exact same chance at tickets?  I think that was the point, people cant work the system, people cant throw money at it. Everyone gets a fair shake. You win some, you lose some.  
    As a devout capitalist I will always believe that money is what separates who gets and who does not get what in society.

Again, I TOTALLY get the band imposing these restrictions when it comes to the 10C lotto/tickets. I am fully on board with the 10C being a 'your money is no good here' zone, but having it be the case for every ticket across every show is just a bridge too far for me.