Options

Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,525
    100 Pacer said:
    Did I read correctly: if you are trying to refund F2F tickets but you aren’t the original purchaser you need to contact the original purchaser because the refund will be sent to them? 
    I thought the way it worked is that Ticketmaster  told the original buyer by email that the tickets were being refunded and then took the money from their payment source to give to the person wanting the refund. The person getting the refund doesn’t have to contact the original buyer. Then if the the original buyer wanted a refund, they had to apply for one. That is how I read it at least. 
    Correct - I have had two sets of tickets refunded by TM to the buyer of my tickets, They charged my CC and left me with the tickets. I was able to submit my own refund for one set and the second set were 10C tickets so I had to email Ticketstoday ( Not TM ) to request a refund. That one is pending. 
    Understood. What is the cut off for requesting refund for F2F-sourced tickets (as a 2nd buyer)?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    I'm in the same boat (sort of), I have 2 tickets to Ottawa I cannot use that I bougt as the 2nd buyer, I don't have an option or email from ticketmaster on how to request refund.
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    JB274988 said:
    I'm in the same boat (sort of), I have 2 tickets to Ottawa I cannot use that I bougt as the 2nd buyer, I don't have an option or email from ticketmaster on how to request refund.
    I'm in the same situation with some Oakland tickets.  I'm just going to list them on the F2F site since it won't let me request a refund. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    JojoRice said:
    JB274988 said:
    I'm in the same situation with some Oakland tickets.  I'm just going to list them on the F2F site since it won't let me request a refund. 
    That is interesting. I have a set of tickets that I got off of F2F, and it has always had the option to refund them available on the TM website. I have been hyper sensitive when on the listing to make sure my mouse doesn't go anywhere near the button for request refund for fear of accidently clicking on it.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    JB274988 said:
    That is interesting. I have a set of tickets that I got off of F2F, and it has always had the option to refund them available on the TM website. I have been hyper sensitive when on the listing to make sure my mouse doesn't go anywhere near the button for request refund for fear of accidently clicking on it.
    Don’t see the option in the Ticketmaster app.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    100 Pacer said:
    JojoRice said:
    JB274988 said:

Try logging in on a computer. I don't have the button on my F2F tickets in the app, but it's there when I log in on the computer. Looks like this:

"I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    mpedone said:
    100 Pacer said:
    JojoRice said:
    JB274988 said:

Try logging in on a computer. I don't have the button on my F2F tickets in the app, but it's there when I log in on the computer. Looks like this:

This^
  • Options
    👍

• Options
    That option isn't there, but I did send a "contact us" email to them so I'll update the group once I hear anything back
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Somewhat less than useful response from TM:

Thanks for reaching out to us about your event.

It appears you did not purchase your ticket(s) directly from Ticketmaster, rather you accepted them from an individual who transferred them to you.  

If an event is canceled, postponed, rescheduled or moved, and refunds are approved by the Event Organizer, only the original purchaser—i.e., the person who purchased the tickets at issue directly from Ticketmaster—will be eligible for any available refunds or credits.

• For canceled events, the original purchaser will receive any available refund (or may take advantage of an optional credit offer, if available), and no additional action is needed from the recipient of the transferred tickets.

• For postponed, rescheduled, or moved events, recipients of the transferred tickets will need to transfer the tickets back to the original purchaser in order for the original purchaser to take advantage of any available refund and/or credit options. Once the tickets have been transferred back to the original purchaser, the original purchaser will need to contact Fan Support to complete their request.
    Post edited by JB274988 on
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 791
    JB274988 said:

It appears you did not purchase your ticket(s) directly from Ticketmaster, rather you accepted them from an individual who transferred them to you.  

If an event is canceled, postponed, rescheduled or moved, and refunds are approved by the Event Organizer, only the original purchaser—i.e., the person who purchased the tickets at issue directly from Ticketmaster—will be eligible for any available refunds or credits.

• For canceled events, the original purchaser will receive any available refund (or may take advantage of an optional credit offer, if available), and no additional action is needed from the recipient of the transferred tickets.

• For postponed, rescheduled, or moved events, recipients of the transferred tickets will need to transfer the tickets back to the original purchaser in order for the original purchaser to take advantage of any available refund and/or credit options. Once the tickets have been transferred back to the original purchaser, the original purchaser will need to contact Fan Support to complete their request.
    If you don't have the option to refund in TM, they must be tickets from the 2020 10c presale via Ticketstoday?  If so you will have an email from Ticketstoday this week with subject "RESCHEDULED - Pearl Jam at ....." .  You need to reply to that for refund request.  
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    JB274988 said:

If you don't have the option to refund in TM, they must be tickets from the 2020 10c presale via Ticketstoday?  If so you will have an email from Ticketstoday this week with subject "RESCHEDULED - Pearl Jam at ....." .  You need to reply to that for refund request.  
    That's the thing - I got it on TM, and never received any other info to this date.  I'm likely writing this off, but it's infuriating how wildly disorganized this process has been.  I know PJ and TC had best intentions and couldn't forsee the pandemic, but as soon as TM got involved they purposely obfiscated everything and held our money for 2 years interest free and make it incredibly difficult to resolve a simple refund request.  
  • Options
    danofundanofun Posts: 745
    When PJ and TM announced fan to fan face value I thought it would be the beginning of a new path forward in the ticketing industry. Other than Eddie and the Earthlings, have any other artists used the TM option?!
  • Options
    When does the option go live?

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    This from the Pearl Jam 2022 North American Tour Presale E-mail

The Verified Fan presale then begins on March 29 at 10am venue local time.
  • Options
    cutz said:

That’s verified fan - not fan to fan.

• Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,431
    100 Pacer said:
    cutz said:

Sorry, my mistake.

That is a good question
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 309
    Two out there for Nashville if you want to be in the building, section 318.
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    100 Pacer said:
    cutz said:

'beginning this Spring'

who the heck knows what that means in PJ terms! 
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    JE224127 said:
    Two out there for Nashville if you want to be in the building, section 318.
    How does one find this on the site or app?
    🤙
  • Options
    It was on Ticketmaster, they are gone now. Sorry, I should have been more clear where they could have been had. They were verified resale tix.
  • Options
    moleculemolecule Posts: 611
    JE224127 said:
    It was on Ticketmaster, they are gone now. Sorry, I should have been more clear where they could have been had. They were verified resale tix.
    All good. When I look at Nashville on the app, it’s just a countdown to verified fan. How did you get to seeing these?
    🤙
  • Options
    I was just seeing if anything was out there yet. They were up for a while.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Interesting. So it's possible tickets can pop up at anytime even now. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    JE224127 said:
    Interesting comment about viewing on sale time and that you do not have to wait you can grab a resale ticket before. All of my tickets do not have the sell option. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JE224127 said:
    Interesting comment about viewing on sale time and that you do not have to wait you can grab a resale ticket before. All of my tickets do not have the sell option. 
    I checked a few of the arena pages but didn't see any others with available tickets. Maybe it was a glitch or a test of the system. I would be surprised if they had F2F available before the verified sale. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    PJNB said:
    JE224127 said:
    I checked a few of the arena pages but didn't see any others with available tickets. Maybe it was a glitch or a test of the system. I would be surprised if they had F2F available before the verified sale. 
    Ya I would be surprised to but that note of not wanting to wait and to grab a resale ticket seems like its more intentionally done than a glitch or mistake. 
  • Options
    I figured it may have been some kind of glitch but it definitely let me cart them if I wanted em. That’s why I took a screen shot.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    JE224127 said:
    Ya I would be surprised to but that note of not wanting to wait and to grab a resale ticket seems like its more intentionally done than a glitch or mistake. 
    Yeah that is strange. I looked at my tickets and the sell option isn't available either. Maybe the F2F will go active over the weekend. I would think they would want to sell their tickets first before allowing fans to sell theirs. Less competition that way.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,181
    So glad I don't need to deal with this time around.  Knowing that GA tickets could pop up at anytime and be gone in a second, activated the ocd part of my brain.  Spend so many hours getting the pair of Oakland GA's we got.. lol.

Still.. it's kind of cool that unlike previous tours, there's always a chance to upgrade.