Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,499
    JB274988 said:
    What if there was an auction system like eBay with a time limit for released tickets; each day they collect the previous days released seats then auction them off?
    Wasn't the whole point to keep them at face value?  Plus your asking to put money and resources into creating a new system to just handle the small amount of leftover pj tickets.  Which is just to save us from ourselves.
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    My ten hours of searching are over to no avail, time to turn up..... Good Luck F5'ers!
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • duffmann said:
    My ten hours of searching are over to no avail, time to turn up..... Good Luck F5'ers!
    Right there with ya bud. Good luck!
    Zod said:
    They should queue the tickets and release like twice a day at predetermined times. That way ppl aren’t sitting refreshing all day everyday. The other way is win win. Plus it seems that ppl aren’t getting for a week anyway so what’s another day. I bet this was a contingency they didn’t plan on, people f5ing forever 
    I think that would work worse.  You'd have more people queuing because it requires less effort.   You'd have a craptonne of people in a queue for 3 pairs of tickets kind of thing.  Statistically you'd never win.  
    True and I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’d rather fight people twice for like 15 minutes than spend all day or weeks like it seems some are doing. 
    I think it becomes the question.  Do we want them to go to hardcore crazy fans spending all day refreshing or to random low effort people :)
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 737
    Yes I may need to take a break myself here. 
  • I'm determined to get these damn tickets......i WILL be there!
  • Oh yes, I WILL BE THERE...
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    Hankj25 said:
    Just curious. Honest answers please. 

For those of you who are truly grinding this out for Baltimore tickets. Like 6 or more hours a day...

how much would you pay to:

get in the building?

get a decent lower level seat(s)?

get a GA?

assume the tickets would be yours this morning. You’d get your life back...

The time commitment you’ve invested is worth hundreds if not $1,000s of dollars.  It’s inspiring, crazy and amazing all at once.  Honestly just curious what you’d pay to end the madness!

I’m at the stage in my life where I don’t have the luxury of extra $$$$$ to pay over face (college kid, high school kid headed to college, middle school kid needs braces) AND I’m super busy working to pay for all of the above AND chasing the kids around so time is also a valuable commodity.  So basically I’m screwed unless I get super lucky and am f5ing at exactly the right moment.   I’ve actually taken many tickets all the way to checkout and missed all but at least I’ve been lucky to even see those. One of these days I’ll be lucky and fast enough! 
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    I have a feeling tix will be easier 1 week out.... sucks to say it, but coronavirus will contribute to tix available

• JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Zod said:
    JB274988 said:
    What if there was an auction system like eBay with a time limit for released tickets; each day they collect the previous days released seats then auction them off?
    Wasn't the whole point to keep them at face value?  Plus your asking to put money and resources into creating a new system to just handle the small amount of leftover pj tickets.  Which is just to save us from ourselves.
    My comment was directly related to saving us from ourselves😊!  

I think the major question is, if we can somehow get rid of bots (which this basically has), then is the free market an acceptable alternative for resale specifically?  Bots then would have very little motivation because each ticket would go at the value ultimately set by the person in the seat. 

I think it’s reasonable to do everything the way it was done, but once everyone has had the chance to get flat fee tickets, those that are willing to sacrifice money instead of hours of F5 (with no guaranteed results) could decide to spend their $.  

Just food for thought 
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    I'm fuckin frozen on the sit tight screen, cant do anything else! Gonna have to refresh! 
    NOW I got the pardon the interruption, we think your a bot screen..... I'm screwed
    Back to the phone app, seems to not have me blocked like my PC does.
    I'm changing to my debit card (see if that helps) at least 10 times I have had them "in my cart" and past few times I put in the correct cvv and it says it is wrong! So much for whoever said put the wrong one in, I can't even get tix with putting the correct one in.
    Hang in there! Our time will come.....
    Where are you in Philly? I'm right over bridge in S.Jersey (born in Philly, grew up in Bucks and soon moving the F out of NJ)
    Delco, Ridley.....Work @ Boeing
    Oh shit.....I work at Congoleum, marcus hook. Live in Jersey
    Deptford 👋👋👋👋
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,127
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    I'm fuckin frozen on the sit tight screen, cant do anything else! Gonna have to refresh! 
    NOW I got the pardon the interruption, we think your a bot screen..... I'm screwed
    I'm changing to my debit card (see if that helps) at least 10 times I have had them "in my cart" and past few times I put in the correct cvv and it says it is wrong! So much for whoever said put the wrong one in, I can't even get tix with putting the correct one in.
    Where are you in Philly? I'm right over bridge in S.Jersey (born in Philly, grew up in Bucks and soon moving the F out of NJ)
    Deptford 👋👋👋👋
    Another jersey girl here, but I’m way up north.  Went to college in Glassboro though so know all these towns being mentioned
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • JB274988 said:
    In my head I'm like ..that was so 150 pages ago😂😂😂
    Home from work soon.. will be f5ing for my fellow friends for the rest of the day
  • This could be a good movie -
    "The Lives of F5ers".
    Not sure if it would be a comedy or tragedy 
  • Jersey representing!...let's all get these tickets!
  • Single GA OAK 1
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,367
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    duffmann said:
    Deptford 👋👋👋👋
    Another jersey girl here, but I’m way up north.  Went to college in Glassboro though so know all these towns being mentioned
    I was on the opposite end of the ac expressway: Stockton.  

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I just score a single GA pit ticket for oakland 1!!!!

problem is I'm going with a buddy.  At least this creates options if another single pit ticket comes up?  Otherwise I'm might have to throw it back in the pool.
  • JJS71185JJS71185 Posts: 84
    edited February 2020
    Bucks County PA here! Hoping we all get the tickets we need
  • Zod said:

problem is I'm going with a buddy.  At least this creates options if another single pit ticket comes up?  Otherwise I'm might have to throw it back in the pool.
    youre half way there.. just now search for 1 more .. it will pop
  • Single GA OAK 1
    NOT AGAIN!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Damn....congrats Zod!  
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Zod said:

Good stuff, Congratulations!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • Jersey representing!...let's all get these tickets!
    auntdonut said:
    This could be a good movie -
    "The Lives of F5ers".
    Not sure if it would be a comedy or tragedy 
    ...the final scene......everyone of us are at that bar in Baltimore doing a shot together!
    Zod said:

youre half way there.. just now search for 1 more .. it will pop
    I hope so.... creates all sorts of scenarios because I won't abandon my friend:

1)  Keep being OCD and hope for a second single
    2)  Keep being OCD until get a pair and throw the single back into the pot
    3)  Keep being OCD until I get a good pair of seats, and throw the GA ticket back in the pool.
    4)  Keep being OCD and fail, and have to sit in our s219 seats.

I'm really hoping its 1 or 2 :)  This is a big burst of home for me :)

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,818
    I’m in Jersey too
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 NYC Global Citizen
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/2/18 Fenway 1 9/4/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    2/4/22 EV Earthlings NYC 2/6/22 EV Earthlings Newark 9/11/22 MSG 9/14/22 Camden
    9/3/24 MSG 1 9/4/24 MSG 2 9/7/24 Philly 1 9/9/24 Philly 2
    Since I haven't seen the selling side of this, if people have a pair of GA tix, are they allowed to sell one of them instead of the pair, or does this rely on someone who only ordered a single in the first place?
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,887
    Zod said:
    Since I haven't seen the selling side of this, if people have a pair of GA tix, are they allowed to sell one of them instead of the pair, or does this rely on someone who only ordered a single in the first place?
    If you have a pair, you have the option of selling only one of them. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,410
    edited February 2020
    Zod said:
    Yes you can sell a single if you have a pair. 
  • Zod said:

Yes you can sell one or both of your tickets , when you go to sell there is check box next to each ticket