Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    Hankj25 said:
    A couple ok seats for STL up
    What section?
    They were 309. Mid way up. I left em alone as they weren’t an upgrade over my 317s. 
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
  • BagCzech said:
    Time to step away for the day. Got life to attend to. Good luck to all. 
    I hear you. I’m going to be going to gym soon myself to exercise other body parts besides my fingers and eyes but will be on the app at mom’s birthday party later that’s for sure.
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,350
    edited February 2020
    Say the show is 2.5 hours long-ish.

I wonder how many man hours of work you guys are putting into every minute of that 150 of show.

Jesus, grabbing a beer and taking a leak is gonna be the equivalent of like a 1/2 day of your fucking lives.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 456
    edited February 2020
    This system is absurd. Not sure how anyone can argue that having to (or having the ability to ) F5 for hours a day or know how to basically write a scalper bot is more fair than just allowing Stubhub and free exchange to function.
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    tlone39 said:
    BagCzech said:
    I hear you. I’m going to be going to gym soon myself to exercise other body parts besides my fingers and eyes but will be on the app at mom’s birthday party later that’s for sure.
    Yeah I’m sure I’ll sneak a few app sessions in myself. 
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    Saltzy23 said:
    Honestly, someone from the bands management needs to hook these guys up already.

Absolutely insane dedication.  I'm blown away.

I need to hire some of you guys on my team.

I got two hours of F5 life left in me today...…. Then it's Johnny Black time! It's REFRESHing~~~~~~  bahahahahahaha
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • auntdonutauntdonut Posts: 113
    edited February 2020
    bicycle, scissors, chair, basketball!!
    8ball, iron, jersey, tennisball!

Im a captcha ninja.
    I like when I get the shuttlecock, at least I get a little middle school chuckle...
    Ever since you said this, I laugh every time I get one !!! 
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    Saltzy23 said:
    Say the show is 2.5 hours long-ish.

I wonder how many man hours of work you guys are putting into every minute of that 150 of show.

Jesus, grabbing a beer and taking a leak is gonna be the equivalent of like a 1/2 day of your fucking lives.
    Logic went out the window several days ago
  • Hankj25Hankj25 Posts: 315
    JBob87 said:
    This system is absurd. Not sure how anyone can argue that having to (or having the ability to ) F5 for hours a day or know how to basically write a scalper bot is more fair than just allowing Stubhub and free exchange to function.
    Yeah. I see both sides of this argument. Feel really bad because there going to be some folks who’ve invested hundreds of hours for Baltimore who don’t get in.  
    Seattle 8-8-18
    Chicago 8-18-18
    Chicago 8-20-18
    St. Louis 4-4-20
    Denver 4-9-20

Denver 9-22-22
    Noblesville 9-10-23
    Vancouver 5-6-24
    Seattle 5-30-24

EV
    Chicago 2-9-22
    Tempe 2-26-23
    JBob87 said:
    This system is LITERALLY why communism has flamed out over and over again across humanity.

It's all great and wonderful thinking that everyone should have equal opportunity at commodities in life and that we should spread the butter evenly across the toast so that no one can individually hog it all, but unfortunately the reality is that all it means is that instead of certain people having too much, almost everyone is gonna get none.
    Free markets are not "evil".

They are the best method the organism called homo sapiens have concocted to allocate goods and services on Planet Earth thus far, and this absolute clusterfuck should illustrate that to everyone.

• RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Would you prefer if TM saved up all the posted sales for the day and did one or two F2F drops daily at predetermined times so you could lead a normal life between drops?  Or prefer this?
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Hankj25 said:
    JBob87 said:
    Yeah. I see both sides of this argument. Feel really bad because there going to be some folks who’ve invested hundreds of hours for Baltimore who don’t get in.  
    I am way over 100+ hours... not getting in is just not an option 
  • Saltzy23 said:
    Free markets are not "evil".

They are the best method the organism called homo sapiens have concocted to allocate goods and services on Planet Earth thus far, and this absolute clusterfuck should illustrate that to everyone.

Would you rather 1000s of tickets snatched up and sold at exorbitant prices to people who are not really fans but have more money? YOU want to know what a cluster is, last year Metallica opened up the Chase center in SF with special show, the fan club opened up a presale and almost no members got tickets and the vast majority went to bots. It was so much a cluster that Metallica had to schedule a second show and lock down the ticketing so "actual fan club members:" got in the building.. this is so much better. I would rather be shut out with the knowing that the building is filled with fans who paid face value and had the same ability to get tickets as i did..  Free market does not mean tech can buy up supply and resell, free market would be the band setting the price for each show based on demand...after all its their product and they should dictate and control price. Thankfully they dont tier pricing. Other bands who are not as popular do, like Smashing Pumpkins last fall, tickets were 300 for the first 10 rows, 180, 120, 65, and finally 35 for the lawn.. That is crap too... You know PJ could do this and people would pay...

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    so when I win that contest to see them at the apollo and the garden and go to breakfast with Stone...while I eat I'm gonna make Stone f5  for me
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,622
    tlone39 said:
    BagCzech said:
    Just got back from a run. It does wonders to clear the head. I hope everyone can try to get a bit of exercise in. It is worth it for the body and mind. 
  • Hankj25 said:
    Hankj25 said:
    A couple ok seats for STL up
    What section?
    They were 309. Mid way up. I left em alone as they weren’t an upgrade over my 317s. 
    yeah neither for me 
  • another STL up, sec 309
  • I'm going to toss up a pair in 213 to Phoenix in just a couple of minutes.
  • wjtwjt Posts: 39
    epbadger said:
    so when I win that contest to see them at the apollo and the garden and go to breakfast with Stone...while I eat I'm gonna make Stone f5  for me
    that's hilarious right there
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    Crickets on Baltimore, happy day 12!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 737
    TW150753 said:
    Crickets on Baltimore, happy day 12!
    Lol
  • What’s a better seat, nosebleed about half way up in the closest side stage section, or lower level facing the stage all the way in the back?
  • They should queue the tickets and release like twice a day at predetermined times. That way ppl aren’t sitting refreshing all day everyday. The other way is win win. Plus it seems that ppl aren’t getting for a week anyway so what’s another day. I bet this was a contingency they didn’t plan on, people f5ing forever 
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    edited February 2020
    What’s a better seat, nosebleed about half way up in the closest side stage section, or lower level facing the stage all the way in the back?
    IMO closer to the stage is better......
    @PowderHoundCO I'll gladly buy your extra! And bring some Scoobie Snax to thank ya~~~~~
    Post edited by duffmann on
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,499
    They should queue the tickets and release like twice a day at predetermined times. That way ppl aren’t sitting refreshing all day everyday. The other way is win win. Plus it seems that ppl aren’t getting for a week anyway so what’s another day. I bet this was a contingency they didn’t plan on, people f5ing forever 
    I think that would work worse.  You'd have more people queuing because it requires less effort.   You'd have a craptonne of people in a queue for 3 pairs of tickets kind of thing.  Statistically you'd never win.  
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    They should queue the tickets and release like twice a day at predetermined times. That way ppl aren’t sitting refreshing all day everyday. The other way is win win. Plus it seems that ppl aren’t getting for a week anyway so what’s another day. I bet this was a contingency they didn’t plan on, people f5ing forever 
    We discussed this on like page 17, I like this approach, but then it increases competition for tickets at those two designated times and your chances go down...at least that was the theory floated back then...
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    What if there was an auction system like eBay with a time limit for released tickets; each day they collect the previous days released seats then auction them off?
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,842
    edited February 2020
    Zod said:
    I think that would work worse.  You'd have more people queuing because it requires less effort.   You'd have a craptonne of people in a queue for 3 pairs of tickets kind of thing.  Statistically you'd never win.  
    True and I don’t have a dog in the fight but I’d rather fight people twice for like 15 minutes than spend all day or weeks like it seems some are doing. 
  • "If I keep holding out, will the light shine through?!?!?!" 

I'm not really sure it will. 😕 WE ALL WANT TO GO TO MARYLAND it seems. Whatcha gonna do? 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️