Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited February 2020
    epbadger said:
    What about just leaving it blank and clicking it?
    "Please fill the missing fields highlighted below."
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • JB274988JB274988 Posts: 287
    Happy to report that I scored the Balt 116's.  Had what can best be described as an out of body experience where there were no glitches and I knew where each prompt would be with no scrolling.  Actually entered the legit CVV code too.   Felt like this:
    Psyched for you, Congrats!!!!
    Camden, NJ 06 -  Columbia, SC 08 - Washington D.C. 08 - Philadelphia, PA 09 - Bristow, VA 10 - Hartford, CT 10 - NYC, NY 10 - Alpine Valley, WI 11 - Baltimore, MD 13 - Ottawa, ON 20 - Baltimore, MD 20 - St. Louis, MO 20
  • TenakaTenaka Posts: 96
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    Can you rephrase? I’m not following.
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time

Well Just got two sets in 10 min, including GA... If not its a stunning coincidence ... Just trying to help
    How long did it take you to fix it? It's certainly possible that no one else was F5ing at that moment.
    2 -3 min to fix... kept declining my stored card and had to add another one. .. card is fine, seems it locked in on the wrong CV as the second order for GA was on my stored card. but also declined the first attempt

I was trying to buy for the Tool onsale this morning and the Ticketmaster site did not have a box for the cc security code. It was there but greyed out. I tried a few things including to editing the card, nothing seemed to work. Then I stumbled on some Amex promotion payment. Not exactly sure what it was but it granted me more time to enter all my card info into that screen and buy the tix. Weird.
    This promotion was on the TM site? I got Tool tickets this morning and use Amex and didn’t see anything like that.
    2018 Wrigley 1
    2020 Ottawa / Quebec
    Honestly this is getting to be a bit much.  I have to work, take care of kids, all that goes with being a responsible adult.  I can’t refresh all day and don’t have the opportunity to use auto refresh.  Next week I train a new employee so won’t be able to refresh at all during the day most days.  I finally had the chance to try today, was super lucky to see a pair during the time I was refreshing and missed them again.  This has to be the 15-20th pair I’ve missed since this whole thing started.  I know you all are frustrated too.  Just venting.  Shouldn’t be this hard.  I’m about to give up and just wait until a few days before and start trying again. 
    Your ticket buddy might come through! Oh wait  ;)
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 755
    Go get that single!
  • duffmannduffmann Posts: 475
    balt 214 up
    Philly PA 91, Philly 92, Camden 98, Camden 2X 00, State College, Philly, Camden 2X & Hershey 03, Reading 04, AC 2X & Philly 05, Camden 2X 06, Camden 2X 08, Philly 4X 09, Philly 2X & Balt 13, Natti & Moline 14, FTL & MIA, Philly 2X, MSG 2X, Fenway 2X 16, Seattle 2X, Missoula, Wrigley 2X, Fenway 2X 18                               ******COVID******
    San Diego & LA  2X, PHX, MSG, Camden, Nashville, 50th SHOW STL 22, CHI(n2), INDY, FTW(n2), Austin 2X 23......
  • alphawolfalphawolf DelMarVa/Big Sky Posts: 646
    Almost 😞 
    1996 - Columbia Maryland, Hartford

1998 - DC RFK Stadium, Virginia Beach, Columbia Maryland, DC Constitution Hall
    2000 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, Columbia Maryland

2002 - Seattle Key Arena I+II

2003 - Raleigh, Charlotte, State College, Bristow, Camden II

2004 - Asheville

2006 - Boston II, Camden I+II, DC

2008 - Virginia Beach, Camden I+II, DC

2009 - Philadelphia I, II, III, IV

2010 - Bristow

2013 - Philadelphia II, Baltimore, Charlottesville, Charlotte

2022 - Camden

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,940
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    Can you rephrase? I’m not following.
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time

Well Just got two sets in 10 min, including GA... If not its a stunning coincidence ... Just trying to help
    How long did it take you to fix it? It's certainly possible that no one else was F5ing at that moment.
    2 -3 min to fix... kept declining my stored card and had to add another one. .. card is fine, seems it locked in on the wrong CV as the second order for GA was on my stored card. but also declined the first attempt

this is an interesting theory. The assumption is that the decline comes back from the CC company quicker than the approval. The second part of the theory is that TM links the tix to the person based on the decline. I can believe the first part, but the 2nd part is what has me skeptical. Happy it worked for you, but not sure I want to test it out considering how sparse the B'more tix have been lately. But the other side of that argument is that using the right CV hasn't gotten me tickets yet, so maybe this is a "F it, why not" moment 
    I was thinking about more, and the Decline, it means my order is IN, i was the first to get to the processing of the order. the system will not process multiple CCs at the same time. It would be first to hit submit will all the fields filled in. Now if you miss a field it will not accept and start to process the order. But onces it sends an approval request to your CC its yours@

There might be something to this. When I nabbed Baltimore tickets on Sunday, I initially got the "Oops..." red text when I tried to pay. I thought it was the same error that had plagued me earlier in the week of "something's gone wrong and we can't process your order", but it was actually that Chase had declined the transaction and flagged it as fraud. At the sand moment, I got a text from Chase security asking me to confirm the transaction. I texted back "yes", and they told me to redo the transaction. I did, and it went through..

So, either there was literally NOBODY trying to get a pair of the most coveted F2F tickets of this tour, or Craig is on to something. 
    So, are you saying that if you enter 111 as fast as you can, regardless of the correct CV code, that saves you the millisecond in time to come in first, lock up the tickets,  and then you can take your time entering the proper CV code?
    I'm not saying this is an Earth-shattering breakthrough, or even that it will help... I guess it's just a weird quirk, though I do appreciate that it might explain my experience. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Didn’t even see that Baltimore single. Anyone snag it?
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    edited February 2020
    duffmann said:
    My eyes are red and feel like sandpaper, my hands are cramped & dripping with sweat..... It's time for a dinner break! I snagged a SD sec S thanks @korn-1, I see that you put that up. I have a pair on the floor DDD that I'll probably dump, not sure yet. GET IT F5'ers GOOD LUCK! Only Baltimore left to complete the madness bahahahahahahahaaha

Nice @duffmann ! Glad someone got it, that was actually my 10club lottery win that I've since upgraded. What row are your DDD's if you dont mind me asking?
    Post edited by korn-1 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Hopefully peoples plans fall through this weekend!!!
    I'm still on trying for u guys
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,389
    Hopefully peoples plans fall through this weekend!!!
    I'm still on trying for u guys
    You’re a doll! Again I love this community 💘

Balt’s on a roll let’s see some more drops!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Seems like a few people are getting discouraged. Keep trying. Show is still a month out... A LOT can happen between now and than. We’ll all get there. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Will be dropping a single Hamilton section 125, row 17 seat 3 tonight at 800pm est. In case anyone in this thread is interested. Also posted in the ticket drop thread. 

Side stage (3 seats in from section 124) 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,635
    epbadger said:
    Whoa, standard tickets released for LA2.  Not F2F
    Bet everyone on the east including, myself. just checked MSG

I did =)
  • Hello fellow fans! I’m going to be dropping 2 Nashville tix soon! As soon as I drop them I’ll respond to this thread! Now...I just need to find some Baltimore tix...like everyone else apparently. Haha. 
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    OAK 1 217 row 1 up
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,797
    If anyone scores a Phoenix GA they can have my Baltimore single for free  ;)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
    Almost had 302 row A for STL. Would have been a nice upgrade! 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

• JB274988 said:
    Happy to report that I scored the Balt 116's.  Had what can best be described as an out of body experience where there were no glitches and I knew where each prompt would be with no scrolling.  Actually entered the legit CVV code too.   Felt like this:
    Psyched for you, Congrats!!!!
    Thanks!!   Sending good vibes to everyone on the evening/night crew for Balt and wherever else.  
    I may be addicted to F5'ing so as I go through withdrawal and randomly check,  I'll try to help the crew out with any info I can.   Good luck all!
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~
    2024 Vegas 1 & 2 ~~ Indianapolis ~~ Wrigley 2 ~~ MSG 1 & 2 ~~ Philly 1 & 2 ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~
    mpedone said:
    Sorry. Interested though which you think are better -- those or 114 GG? I'll be in GA myself but GF is short and needs seats for her and a friend. I thought this might be a bit of an upgrade since it's closer to the stage, although high. 
  • AW124797AW124797 Posts: 664
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    Sorry. Interested though which you think are better -- those or 114 GG? I'll be in GA myself but GF is short and needs seats for her and a friend. I thought this might be a bit of an upgrade since it's closer to the stage, although high. 

114 is better. I had same dilemma with 107 and that's why I dropped them.
    Sent some Irish luck via Tullamore Dew over to the Apollo thread. Let’s get lucky tonight in this MFer as well! ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ 
    Let’s go BMore. Time to drop pairs for us all. 
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    No worries! Looking at the seating chart, I think 302 would be better - right above the stage. 114 is down the side, almost in the far end. Plus, looks like GG is near the back, while 302 row A should be the front of the section. 

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,679
    SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    My wife is short. If I ended up with GA floor, we would have to bring something for her to sit on. There is no way she is seeing past anyone otherwise. 
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,635
    Jadler said:
    Sent some Irish luck via Tullamore Dew over to the Apollo thread. Let’s get lucky tonight in this MFer as well! ☘️ ☘️ ☘️ 
    Let's start a drinking party here too. We certainly need it. Here's to everyone getting tickets to all the shows they want this weekend. Cheers All!!!

SHZA said:
    mpedone said:
    My wife is short. If I ended up with GA floor, we would have to bring something for her to sit on. There is no way she is seeing past anyone otherwise. 
    Yeah, we've had that experience many times. I'm 6'5" and usually prefer the pit. She has to try to maneuver to find a clear line of sight.  
    MF117973 said:
    Jadler said:
    Let's start a drinking party here too. We certainly need it. Here's to everyone getting tickets to all the shows they want this weekend. Cheers All!!!

Cheers!!
    Still waiting on that luck to kick in..