Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• I always hope the people that snag those type of seats were upgrading and will be listing their original seats shortly...
    Yes. Or before work, lunch time, after work, before dinner, after dinner, before bed, middle of the night..............🥴
    It’s pure luck.
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• RF123172 said:
    justBE23 said:
    Has ANYONE scored tix for MSG on Mar 30?  Been refreshing on F2F for days+days w/ no luck and wondering if I should just give up. 
    Not sure if you are serious or kidding?  There is no such thing as F2F for MSG.
    Guess that's my answer... (WAS hopelessly serious, btw).  😞
  • justBE23 said:
    RF123172 said:
    justBE23 said:
    Has ANYONE scored tix for MSG on Mar 30?  Been refreshing on F2F for days+days w/ no luck and wondering if I should just give up. 
    That sucks. Well now you can go about your life unless you are looking for Baltimore!
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    justBE23 said:
    RF123172 said:
    justBE23 said:
    Ouch
  • I booked at the crown..they allow cancel until 6pm day prior
    Crown Plaza Inner Harbor? I am there too. Very close to venue.
    Yes..I didn't wanna be stumbling back to a room too far ..in the harbor .lol
  • justBE23 said:
    RF123172 said:
    justBE23 said:
    That sucks. Well now you can go about your life unless you are looking for Baltimore!
    Oh Lord .hope u haven't been trying for days 😭😭😭
  • New to the forum and not exactly sure where the best place to post this is, but I have 2 excellent fan club reserved seating tickets to Phoenix. Looking to trade for 2 comparable tickets to Baltimore. If you have suggestions or are interested, I'm all ears!
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Releasing a single for SD sec S at 1150pst
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • Maybe somebody has already asked this and it's been answered (if so, I apologize).

I sold 2 tickets for the quebec city show.  They're no longer available in my ticketmaster app, but I before selling, I had previously transferred them into my iphone apple wallet, and the tickets look like they're still there in my apple wallet.  I assume they're now not usable and "voided" on my phone?
    I ask because I have also bought other tickets on the fan to fan exchange and want to be sure that the people I bought from don't still have access to those tickets somehow - would be brutal to get to the venue, try to get in, and be told "sorry, your tickets have already been used"
    Fargo, North Dakota (June 15, 2003) St. Paul, Minnesota (June 16, 2003)
    Winnipeg, Manitoba (September 08, 2005) Thunder Bay, Ontario (September 09, 2005) Ottawa, Ontario (September 16, 2005)
    Montreal, Quebec (September 07, 2011) Ottawa, Ontario (September 14, 2011) Hamilton, Ontario (September 15, 2011)
    Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018) Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018)
    Ottawa, Ontario (September 03, 2022) Hamilton, Ontario (September 06, 2022) Toronto, Ontario (September 08, 2022)
  • BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    PG256613 said:
    Maybe somebody has already asked this and it's been answered (if so, I apologize).

I sold 2 tickets for the quebec city show.  They're no longer available in my ticketmaster app, but I before selling, I had previously transferred them into my iphone apple wallet, and the tickets look like they're still there in my apple wallet.  I assume they're now not usable and "voided" on my phone?
    I ask because I have also bought other tickets on the fan to fan exchange and want to be sure that the people I bought from don't still have access to those tickets somehow - would be brutal to get to the venue, try to get in, and be told "sorry, your tickets have already been used"

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    edited February 2020
    PG256613 said:
    Maybe somebody has already asked this and it's been answered (if so, I apologize).

My understanding is that once you sell tickets, TM issues the buyer a new ticket with a new barcode and the previous barcode (and whatever info is included in the apple wallet version) is voided. TM makes a big deal of saying that they are the only source to buy 100% verified tickets on the resale market, so if the tickets didn't work they'd have a major problem.
    Post edited by SHZA on
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    Have been sitting on Hamilton for a week now looking for an upgraded single. Was painful seeing the comments that Toronto GAs were coming and going, making me regret focusing on Hamilton.  Well lady luck finally struck! 

A pair or GAs popped up.  I got the another user has got these tix message, so I went back to my rotating searches for 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 tix (helps avoid the Got it button in the app), and to my surprise a GA single suddenly appeared and I was able to close the deal!  I haven't been GA in 20 yrs so needless to say am pumped!

For all of those looking for upgrades or tix into the building....keep going, but do it on your terms and time.  So much of it is luck. Also, if using the app try toggling your search between single ticket and pairs to avoid the Got It screen. 
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Hurls15 said:
    Have been sitting on Hamilton for a week now looking for an upgraded single. Was painful seeing the comments that Toronto GAs were coming and going, making me regret focusing on Hamilton.  Well lady luck finally struck! 

A pair or GAs popped up.  I got the another user has got these tix message, so I went back to my rotating searches for 1 then 2 then 1 then 2 tix (helps avoid the Got it button in the app), and to my surprise a GA single suddenly appeared and I was able to close the deal!  I haven't been GA in 20 yrs so needless to say am pumped!

For all of those looking for upgrades or tix into the building....keep going, but do it on your terms and time.  So much of it is luck. Also, if using the app try toggling your search between single ticket and pairs to avoid the Got It screen. 
    So just to clarify.. you got Hamilton GA? Congrats either way just checking :)
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    euchrid said:
    Hurls15 said:

So just to clarify.. you got Hamilton GA? Congrats either way just checking :)
    Yep! Was able to pull the single GA! 
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,747
    PJNB said:
    Scored those GA TO's!!!!!
    KOOL !!
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited February 2020
    Those who are looking for Balt DM me, i think i just learned a trick to save time, i don't want to broadcast it since im still looking at other shows, and dont want to lose myself.. LOL
  • I have been up so long F5ing Baltimore that there are now bugs at my window, trying to get in! Do I join them?!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 755

• Those who are looking for Balt DM me, i think i just learned a trick to save time, i don't want to broadcast it since im still looking at other shows, and dont want to lose myself.. LOL
    I have a bunch of tricks Im trying, but it all comes down to timing. You can automate some things, but if the ticket pops up right after your most recent refresh, then you end up X seconds behind everyone else who refreshed a little sooner or later than your latest one (however long your refresh rate is). 

But, the biggest roadblock is the time that the site takes to load the credit card entry form, which comes from a different domain and is not cached so it takes a variable amount of time to load each time you get to that point. And, if you use certain credit cards (some Mastercard and Amex), theres an additional verification that effectively kills your chances.

I've been obsessing over this for the past week and a half. I scored a single nosebleed the other day but all the trickery/hackery in the world wont defeat the inherent timing issues.  

• OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 755
    I’ll tell you one thing....there better not be a single empty seat in this place come 3/28 ! 
  • OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    Roger that.  Will try if anything pops up and report back.   Thanks for recommendation.  
    Is a Compliment For You.
    1998 Va. Beach ~~ 2000 Va. Beach ~~ Columbia, Md. ~~ 2003 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2006 DC ~~ 2008 Va. Beach ~~ DC ~~ 
    2010 Bristow, Va. ~~ 2013 Charlottesville, Va. ~~ 2016 Hampton, Va. ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~ Wrigley 1 & 2 ~~
    2022 Nashville ~~ St. Louis ~~ Oklahoma City ~~ 2023 St. Paul 1 & 2 ~~ Austin 1 & 2 ~~
    2024 Vegas 1 & 2 ~~ Indianapolis ~~ Wrigley 2 ~~ MSG 1 & 2 ~~ Philly 1 & 2 ~~ Fenway 1 & 2 ~~
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,895
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    Can you rephrase? I’m not following.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    edited February 2020
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    I think I can type my correct one just as fast as an incorrect one.  So not sure where the time saving is.  But thanks.  All suggestions are appreciated!  In the same line of thinking, copy and paste it.  But I'm not sure if that is quicker either.  In the really old days when the TM screens were different and there were no dots for seats, I had a programmable keyboard.  One keystroke and the whole TM form was filled in and submitted.
    Post edited by RF123172 on
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    100 Pacer said:
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time
  • SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time
    Interesting. I'm guessing it won't accept a single digit - it prob needs three digits (or 4 for Amex)
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Well Just got two sets in 10 min, including GA... If not its a stunning coincidence ... Just trying to help
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    Remember in early February, when folks were wondering/complaining why F2F hadn't started yet? Can you imagine having done this F5 none sense dance for even longer than we have!?!?!
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    A few Oak 1 100 level pairs across from the stage have popped up in the last hour. Nothing too great, but better than behind the stage. 111 row 26 on there now.
  • RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    Remember in early February, when folks were wondering/complaining why F2F hadn't started yet? Can you imagine having done this F5 none sense dance for even longer than we have!?!?!
    Was that this year?