Fan-to-Fan Ticket Exchange for Dummies

Comments

• ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    I've seen some rear corner lower bowl for oak1.  this last one has lasted minutes.,
  • DoDaFoo said:
    A few Oak 1 100 level pairs across from the stage have popped up in the last hour. Nothing too great, but better than behind the stage. 111 row 26 on there now.
    I Just grabbed OAK1 GA.. !

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,120
    For all the time spent on getting Balt tix I should’ve just drove to OKC
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Whoa, standard tickets released for LA2.  Not F2F
  • TW150753TW150753 Posts: 160
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    Can you rephrase? I’m not following.
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time

Well Just got two sets in 10 min, including GA... If not its a stunning coincidence ... Just trying to help
    Can't hurt to try!  Literally, nothing else has worked so far...
  • DoDaFooDoDaFoo Seattle, WA Posts: 248
    DoDaFoo said:
    A few Oak 1 100 level pairs across from the stage have popped up in the last hour. Nothing too great, but better than behind the stage. 111 row 26 on there now.

That's awesome! Congrats on those.
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    OK, Ive been bombed with emails - here is the trick... Just get ANY CV code in your CC will be declined, then go back in fix it ... once it declines the order is yours... .It worked first for PHX where i got lower, then i did OAK one and got GA!!!!!!! worked twice!
    It may be quicker to type the wrong code and hit "buy," because at that point the system lets you fix the error and won't let someone else buy. I'm skeptical that (a) it works, (b) it's actually quicker to type the wrong code than to get it right the first time

Well Just got two sets in 10 min, including GA... If not its a stunning coincidence ... Just trying to help
    How long did it take you to fix it? It's certainly possible that no one else was F5ing at that moment.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,501
    DoDaFoo said:

Congrats!!

This is what I get for not having auto refresh at work and going it for manual bursts of refreshing once in a while.
  • SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

How long did it take you to fix it? It's certainly possible that no one else was F5ing at that moment.
    2 -3 min to fix... kept declining my stored card and had to add another one. .. card is fine, seems it locked in on the wrong CV as the second order for GA was on my stored card. but also declined the first attempt

• BagCzechBagCzech Posts: 463
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

2 -3 min to fix... kept declining my stored card and had to add another one. .. card is fine, seems it locked in on the wrong CV as the second order for GA was on my stored card. but also declined the first attempt

this is an interesting theory. The assumption is that the decline comes back from the CC company quicker than the approval. The second part of the theory is that TM links the tix to the person based on the decline. I can believe the first part, but the 2nd part is what has me skeptical. Happy it worked for you, but not sure I want to test it out considering how sparse the B'more tix have been lately. But the other side of that argument is that using the right CV hasn't gotten me tickets yet, so maybe this is a "F it, why not" moment 
    I've been F5ing since those floors dropped for Balt without a single Captcha.... that doesn't seem possible.
  • BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

this is an interesting theory. The assumption is that the decline comes back from the CC company quicker than the approval. The second part of the theory is that TM links the tix to the person based on the decline. I can believe the first part, but the 2nd part is what has me skeptical. Happy it worked for you, but not sure I want to test it out considering how sparse the B'more tix have been lately. But the other side of that argument is that using the right CV hasn't gotten me tickets yet, so maybe this is a "F it, why not" moment 
    I was thinking about more, and the Decline, it means my order is IN, i was the first to get to the processing of the order. the system will not process multiple CCs at the same time. It would be first to hit submit will all the fields filled in. Now if you miss a field it will not accept and start to process the order. But onces it sends an approval request to your CC its yours@

• Welp, this has been fun. Not.  Im signing off for about 10 days to go on a cruise to the Southern Caribbean.  I wont be refreshing from the ship due to shitty expensive wifi.  I wish you all well and hope we meet up in Balt.  I'll be back with a vengeance soon enough... Ill still be looking for a pair to replace my nosebleed single, up until the day of the show if need be.

• Whoa, standard tickets released for LA2.  Not F2F
    Thanks for sharing, was able to grab a pair.  Not the best seats in the house but 3rd row upstairs on the aisle behind the stage.
    Boston - September, 2018
    Nashville - April, 2020
    Atlanta - Hopefully fall of 2020

• LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Interesting. I'm guessing it won't accept a single digit - it prob needs three digits (or 4 for Amex)
    my 3 digits auto-populate - no typing (Visa). on app i have to enter
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    Someone tell me they got those SD G's like 10 min ago, I was trying to process while stopped at a light and missed...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
  • SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

This works, It happened by accident on my first pair of tickets and I thought I was fortunate enough to mess up and still get them but this explains it now 
    few decent 200s, and 119s just want for Hamilton
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22

• STL today 

• mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,940
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

I was thinking about more, and the Decline, it means my order is IN, i was the first to get to the processing of the order. the system will not process multiple CCs at the same time. It would be first to hit submit will all the fields filled in. Now if you miss a field it will not accept and start to process the order. But onces it sends an approval request to your CC its yours@

There might be something to this. When I nabbed Baltimore tickets on Sunday, I initially got the "Oops..." red text when I tried to pay. I thought it was the same error that had plagued me earlier in the week of "something's gone wrong and we can't process your order", but it was actually that Chase had declined the transaction and flagged it as fraud. At the sand moment, I got a text from Chase security asking me to confirm the transaction. I texted back "yes", and they told me to redo the transaction. I did, and it went through..

So, either there was literally NOBODY trying to get a pair of the most coveted F2F tickets of this tour, or Craig is on to something. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,508
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

I was trying to buy for the Tool onsale this morning and the Ticketmaster site did not have a box for the cc security code. It was there but greyed out. I tried a few things including to editing the card, nothing seemed to work. Then I stumbled on some Amex promotion payment. Not exactly sure what it was but it granted me more time to enter all my card info into that screen and buy the tix. Weird.
  • SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Interesting. I'm guessing it won't accept a single digit - it prob needs three digits (or 4 for Amex)
    Any idea how you got it to do that? What browser?
  • DoDaFoo said:

SHIT...I've been waiting days for one of those...good on ya.
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:
    Any idea how you got it to do that? What browser?
    Chrome, but dunno how. 
    Barrie - '98
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    mpedone said:
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

There might be something to this. When I nabbed Baltimore tickets on Sunday, I initially got the "Oops..." red text when I tried to pay. I thought it was the same error that had plagued me earlier in the week of "something's gone wrong and we can't process your order", but it was actually that Chase had declined the transaction and flagged it as fraud. At the sand moment, I got a text from Chase security asking me to confirm the transaction. I texted back "yes", and they told me to redo the transaction. I did, and it went through..

So, either there was literally NOBODY trying to get a pair of the most coveted F2F tickets of this tour, or Craig is on to something. 
    So, are you saying that if you enter 111 as fast as you can, regardless of the correct CV code, that saves you the millisecond in time to come in first, lock up the tickets,  and then you can take your time entering the proper CV code?
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    Whoa, standard tickets released for LA2.  Not F2F
    Bet everyone on the east including, myself. just checked MSG
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,888
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

So, are you saying that if you enter 111 as fast as you can, regardless of the correct CV code, that saves you the millisecond in time to come in first, lock up the tickets,  and then you can take your time entering the proper CV code?
    Correct!
  • epbadgerepbadger Posts: 663
    SHZA said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Correct!
    What about just leaving it blank and clicking it?
  • DoDaFoo said:

SHIT...I've been waiting days for one of those...good on ya.

12 days ! LOL
  • korn-1korn-1 Posts: 930
    epbadger said:
    SHZA said:
    TW150753 said:
    mpedone said:
    BagCzech said:
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    100 Pacer said:

Correct!
    What about just leaving it blank and clicking it?
    I'm thinking then it pops up as an error field incomplete rather than processing...
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me