Unsolicited Opinion from a 27-year member

124»

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    KC2917 said:
    lolobugg said:
    MR242791 said:
    how did you join the club in 1993?  was it a mail in fan club back then?  was there an internet site back then?  i remember getting an aol account probably around 1995.  a i wish i'd known about the club sooner.  i guess you'd have to be in the right circles then to be aware of the club's existence. but I didn't purchase a computer until around 2002 or 2003.  and then it wasn't till i think 2006 i discovered the ten club.  :s

the fan club info was included in the VS liner notes. i simply mailed in $5 and received a newsletter a few months later. The most excited i have ever been was when they mailed out the ticket order forms in early 1995. That was before the "internet" was the "internet" and the tour came as a total surprise. The only bad thing was that you had to wait months before you found out if you got tickets. I remember they also had a "hotline" that you could call for updates on what the band was doing. Things were different then........
    Damn dude. Bringing back some memories right there! 

good memories, indeed!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• SH6224SH6224 Posts: 11
    Good points all around. My take is I never saw the seniority element of 10c having anything to do with whether you are a bigger fan or not, it's just a nice (really nice super awesome incredible holy shit really they do this? wow amazing!!) perk that's always been central to the deal.

It's arguably the main reason people keep paying their yearly dues. I paid for long stretches where there weren't shows, or I couldn't make them. It was important because I knew when things would line up....the seniority paid off.  Not only getting in the door, but getting rewarded with tix that I'd never be able to afford otherwise. Lifechanging experiences that are formative live experiences in my life. It's like a magical thing that kept rewarding the committed fan. It's amazing, and the sting I felt from being shut out in Denver this year was real. tldr, nobody cares....boohoo