• Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    Yes. Is there a statute of limitations?
    I think there should be a recognition of male chauvinism that was rampant, particularly in NY financial culture during that time, and not weigh on it too much.  I'm sure you said some things in the 80's and 90's that if published, might not reflect well on you today.  I know that's true for me. 
    Doubt Bernie was a "male chauvinist" telling women things like the quoted in 1990.
    Right, he just tells them in 2018 that they can't be elected president.  
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    I think there should be a recognition of male chauvinism that was rampant, particularly in NY financial culture during that time, and not weigh on it too much.  I'm sure you said some things in the 80's and 90's that if published, might not reflect well on you today.  I know that's true for me. 
    At work? To female employees? This isn't one of his poker buddies reporting what was said at a card game.
    It was New York.  I don't think it's right, but I also don't think what someone said in 1988 is reflective of who they are as a person today.  I weigh what someone says today much more heavily than what they said 30 years ago.  
    The Access Hollywood tape was 2005. How much time goes by before we give New York guys a break?
    15 years isn't 30 years and there's plenty of indication that Trump acted in a way that matched his words.  
  • Options
    The Juggler said:

I think this guy is your best chance. Suck it up and fall in line
    You think. Michael Moore was right about Trump, and he thinks Bernie has the best shot. So I choose to trust him. Over someone telling people to fall in line behind a racist, sexist and all-in-all piece of shit person buying himself through life.

The narrative of "bloomberg is the best chance" I find very weird. Why replace a POS sort-of rich guy with another POS republican who is throwing money everywhere he needs to get what he wants.

Shouldn't democracy be something else than that.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Bear in mind, we're not even at the binary choice portion of the program. People are getting behind this guy in the primary. Choosing this over Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Sanders, Warren, etc.
    Bloomberg isn't even close to being on my radar and is behind just about all of the candidates for me.  But I'm also not a fan of digging through things from 30 years ago.  That WashPo editorial that was posted as, evidently reflective of his feelings about SS is a great example of out of context and intellectually dishonest smearing.  No one has, in particular Spiritual Chaos who posted it, challenged anything he wrote in the op ed.  It's fundamentally correct.  But now it's being used as Bloom is an enemy of SS. How do we know that this 'anecdote' isn't just as intellectually dishonest?
    I haven't read whatever SC posted so you can argue with him about that.

There were multiple lawsuits against Bloomberg for this stuff. It's not like everyone was having a good time and now we're shining a light on it. The link is below in case anyone would like to decide for themselves how intellectually dishonest the Washington Post's reporting is or isn't. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/politics/michael-bloomberg-women/

• Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    At work? To female employees? This isn't one of his poker buddies reporting what was said at a card game.
    It was New York.  I don't think it's right, but I also don't think what someone said in 1988 is reflective of who they are as a person today.  I weigh what someone says today much more heavily than what they said 30 years ago.  
    This is the woke cancel culture we live in now. 

The book was basically a joke birthday gift he got 30 years ago. What cares?

If Bloomberg is so bad, how on earth did a city as liberal as NYC elect him three times? Come on people. You're killing your own at your own peril. Removing Trump is literally the ONLY thing that matters this year. I think this guy is your best chance. Suck it up and fall in line
    Locker room talk is back in style!

Again, multiple lawsuits.
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,020
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    Doubt Bernie was a "male chauvinist" telling women things like the quoted in 1990.
    I knew that was going to be your very expected response.

But sure, keep going out of your way to defend Bloomberg.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    I find it ironic that some people are all freaked out that trump will somehow alter the 22nd amendment and win a third term yet Bloomberg did the same exact thing in nyc.   
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
  • Options
    Unfortunately it looks like we're going to have to pivot away from sexism for a moment back to racism. I have it on good authority that 2011 is recent enough to count.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    Bear in mind, we're not even at the binary choice portion of the program. People are getting behind this guy in the primary. Choosing this over Biden, Buttigieg, Klobuchar, Sanders, Warren, etc.
    Bloomberg isn't even close to being on my radar and is behind just about all of the candidates for me.  But I'm also not a fan of digging through things from 30 years ago.  That WashPo editorial that was posted as, evidently reflective of his feelings about SS is a great example of out of context and intellectually dishonest smearing.  No one has, in particular Spiritual Chaos who posted it, challenged anything he wrote in the op ed.  It's fundamentally correct.  But now it's being used as Bloom is an enemy of SS. How do we know that this 'anecdote' isn't just as intellectually dishonest?

There were multiple lawsuits against Bloomberg for this stuff. It's not like everyone was having a good time and now we're shining a light on it. The link is below in case anyone would like to decide for themselves how intellectually dishonest the Washington Post's reporting is or isn't. 

I didn't say the Post was intellectually dishonest.  I'm saying the tweet that seeks to pull out that one line (which I agree with) is intellectually dishonest.  It was an op-ed written by Bloomberg.  

And if the accusations in the lawsuits you linked are accurate, then yes that's very close if not disqualifying because that is further than just a crude comment that was allegedly made.  Same with the racist stuff.  I was speaking of the very specific comment from the 80's.  But I still always try to evaluate a person's behavior compared to what was deemed socially acceptable at the time, not today.  And the 'cohort' comment from 2011 was not socially acceptable in 2011, nor was Trump's 2005 comment/behavior.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Hey dude, you just can't accept that Bernie is a sexist gun nut and his 'Bros' are his embodiment.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

I didn't say the Post was intellectually dishonest.  I'm saying the tweet that seeks to pull out that one line (which I agree with) is intellectually dishonest.  It was an op-ed written by Bloomberg.  

And if the accusations in the lawsuits you linked are accurate, then yes that's very close if not disqualifying because that is further than just a crude comment that was allegedly made.  Same with the racist stuff.  I was speaking of the very specific comment from the 80's.  But I still always try to evaluate a person's behavior compared to what was deemed socially acceptable at the time, not today.  And the 'cohort' comment from 2011 was not socially acceptable in 2011, nor was Trump's 2005 comment/behavior.  
    I don't think you think the Post is intellectually dishonest. Sorry it's worded weird...we're going kinda rapid fire. My intent was to say that other op ed might be in bad faith, but this particular story seems tight.

To be clear, I've pulled out individual quotes of some of the most egregious examples. My beef with him on this particular topic is the volume of it and the lawsuits that followed. If it was just one or two remarks over time, I'd be more in your camp on things. 
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Hey dude, you just can't accept that Bernie is a sexist gun nut and his 'Bros' are his embodiment.  
    Lol. 

Have fun with your late 1980s normalization of degrading women.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    No... he was just professing his love for the Soviet Union on countless hours of video that the republicans will play on an endless loop from the moment he wins the nomination all the way up to the moment he ensures Trump gets another four years in office, thus ensuring the end of this democracy.

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?
    No... he was just professing his love for the Soviet Union on countless hours of video that the republicans will play on an endless loop from the moment he wins the nomination all the way up to the moment he ensures Trump gets another four years in office, thus ensuring the end of this democracy.

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    Any thoughts on that Vice article?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    Well, Trump being able to attack Bloomberg from the left in the race and standing up for workers rights and minorities rights against Bloomberg will really help you.

Do you have any receipts of this claim of the countless hours of video of Bernie professing his love for the soviet union? Or did the Fox News morning show tell you that will happen?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    When he was talking about his plan to help minorities find better jobs? This stuff?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/nyregion/new-york-plan-will-aim-to-lift-minority-youth.html
    https://www.bloomberg.org/press/releases/young-mens-initiative-to-aid-young-black-and-latino-males/

Instead of seizing on some out of context audio, what do you think of what he actually did? By all accounts it looks like spent $130,000,000 of his own money to help those folks succeed in life. This is the guy you are saying is as bad as Donald Trump? You see, this is why your party excels at losing elections.

Vote Mike or Die. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    Well, Trump being able to attack Bloomberg from the left in the race and standing up for workers rights and minorities rights against Bloomberg will really help you.

Do you have any receipts of this claim of the countless hours of video of Bernie professing his love for the soviet union? Or did the Fox News morning show tell you that will happen?
    haha...oh, my little Swedish chef. The videos are out there. They are plentiful. Google them...or not, as they will be played ad nauseam in the summer/fall, should the democrats nominate that guy. 

The fact that you don't know about them speaks to how poorly Bernie has been vetted .
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

haha...oh, my little Swedish chef. The videos are out there. They are plentiful. Google them...or not, as they will be played ad nauseam in the summer/fall, should the democrats nominate that guy. 

The fact that you don't know about them speaks to how poorly Bernie has been vetted .
    Why did you feel you had to mention my nationality? 

And no, I haven't heard of "countless hours"
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

Those videos will be really tough on him.  There are certainly some complimentary comments of the soviet system both in the USSR and Russia that will hit hard.  I'm surprised no dark money commercials from the center-left have hit in either campaign.  I'd like to see some just to see what they do to his numbers.  Let's have our eyes wide open.  
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It's amazing how an (R) or (D) can change your perception among people.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

Those videos will be really tough on him.  There are certainly some complimentary comments of the soviet system both in the USSR and Russia that will hit hard.  I'm surprised no dark money commercials from the center-left have hit in either campaign.  I'd like to see some just to see what they do to his numbers.  Let's have our eyes wide open.  
    Do you think Trump will dare to attack anything that has to do with the Soviet Union Putin is longing to get back to every second of the day?
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 
    When he was talking about his plan to help minorities find better jobs? This stuff?
    https://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/04/nyregion/new-york-plan-will-aim-to-lift-minority-youth.html
    https://www.bloomberg.org/press/releases/young-mens-initiative-to-aid-young-black-and-latino-males/

Instead of seizing on some out of context audio, what do you think of what he actually did? By all accounts it looks like spent $130,000,000 of his own money to help those folks succeed in life. This is the guy you are saying is as bad as Donald Trump? You see, this is why your party excels at losing elections.

Vote Mike or Die. 
    But what do you think about his comments on the video we can all watch? Do you agree with them? What context are we missing? Is what he said ok as long as it is accompanied by giving away money?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

Do you think Trump will dare to attack anything that has to do with the Soviet Union Putin is longing to get back to every second of the day?
    Yes, all day every day.  Russia isn't the Soviet Union.  They are a corrupt oligarchy.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

Yes, all day every day.  Russia isn't the Soviet Union.  They are a corrupt oligarchy.  
    Lol. Okey. He had to even defend Moscow in the Fox interview when at the same time trying to attack Sanders for going there once. 

I doubt he would dare to go in on criticising anything connected to Putin. And that includes Sanders saying they had clean subways in the 80s.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

Lol. Okey. He had to even defend Moscow in the Fox interview when at the same time trying to attack Sanders for going there once. 

I doubt he would dare to go in on criticising anything connected to Putin. And that includes Sanders saying they had clean subways in the 80s.
    It's not about Putin, it's about the economic system.  Trust all of us Americans on this.  Bernie is going to get hammered with that label all day and all night.  Remember that Trump's only 'success' as it were, is the economy.  He would love to play compare and contrast with a socialist system.  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

It's not about Putin, it's about the economic system.  Trust all of us Americans on this.  Bernie is going to get hammered with that label all day and all night.  Remember that Trump's only 'success' as it were, is the economy.  He would love to play compare and contrast with a socialist system.  
    I am not saying he will not be attacked. 

I just think Trump will have problems doing any "vicious" attacks about Sanders in connection to Russia/Soviet Union. Like I happen to believe the Fox News interview points to. I obviously know Bernie will be attacked for being a GOD  DAMN SOVIET UNION LOVING COMMIE by all Repubs and Fox News:es in the world. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

you should rewatch those videos....what I'm hearing is that they aren't as bad as they are made out to be
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

you should rewatch those videos....what I'm hearing is that they aren't as bad as they are made out to be
    How will he have the time to watch COUNTLESS OF HOURS of this?

Are we talking millions of hours of Bernie just praising the Soviet Union?

HOW MANY TAPES ARE THERE?! One tape is what 120-240 minutes or something? HOW MANY TAPES DOES COUNTLESS OF HOURS MEAN?!!
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjl44 said:

1990?

Vote for Mike or Die. 

They're gonna be tough on all of us as the republicans will, likely, successful brand anyone who votes for him a communist. 

Bernie getting the nomination is worst case scenario. Trump is salivating over the thought of running against him. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
This discussion has been closed.