Options

Bloomberg for President

Comments

• Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    again....he's not tRump.  A polished dog turd is preferable to tRump.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    again....he's not tRump.  A polished dog turd is preferable to tRump.
    What's with your bigotry against unpolished dog turds?
  • Options
    you have a point

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    I love Bloomberg.  Always have.

Heard a rumor report that he wants Hillary to be his running mate.  If that is true then he loses all credibility with me and will be voting elsewhere.
  • Options
    What is there to love... the racism? The sexism? Bribing his way through life?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Exactly. I've also heard he hates Jews, honesty, and the Swedes, and that's why he has my vote. (I seriously hope I don't have to say it, but just to be sure - this comment is purely a joke)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    Exactly. I've also heard he hates Jews, honesty, and the Swedes, and that's why he has my vote. (I seriously hope I don't have to say it, but just to be sure - this comment is purely a joke)

Seems to like us. 

And he really likes jewish people bombing children and hospitals:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/michael-bloomberg-proportional-response-not-required-of-israel/

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    benjs said:
    Jew hating Jews are the worst
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/michael-bloomberg-proportional-response-not-required-of-israel/

I'm not saying this sarcastically, but I would genuinely appreciate it if you referred to Israelis as Israelis and Jews as Jews. The monsters in charge of that country do not represent the Jewish voice, nor is the Israeli voice monolithic, nor is the Jewish voice monolithic. While Israelis deserve criticism every time they vote in alignment with Netanyahu, I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's 'my people' when Israeli leadership bombs children and hospitals. I didn't vote those assholes in. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

I'm not saying this sarcastically, but I would genuinely appreciate it if you referred to Israelis as Israelis and Jews as Jews. The monsters in charge of that country do not represent the Jewish voice, nor is the Israeli voice monolithic, nor is the Jewish voice monolithic. While Israelis deserve criticism every time they vote in alignment with Netanyahu, I'm not sure why all of a sudden it's 'my people' when Israeli leadership bombs children and hospitals. I didn't vote those assholes in. 
    Wouldn't help make my post work better than how I worded it.

In this context. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    Fine, so continue to omit nuance and present Jewish people as bombers of childrens and hospitals instead of Israeli military as bombers of children and hospitals. You're just being a dick now.

EV
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    Fine, so continue to omit nuance and present Jewish people as bombers of childrens and hospitals instead of Israeli military as bombers of children and hospitals. You're just being a dick now.
    No, I am not.

But you are painting with a really weird general brush now because of one specific post worded as it was because of context.

Maybe you should reread our posts in this thread and understand why sometimes things are worded as they are, instead of going for this angry attack on me and my ability to nuance. I guess because of you being overly precious. Or clutching for straws to attack.

The whole point was to put down Bloomberg. So reread the posts would be my advice. 
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    No, I am not.

But you are painting with a really weird general brush now because of one specific post worded as it was because of context.

Maybe you should reread our posts in this thread and understand why sometimes things are worded as they are, instead of going for this angry attack on me and my ability to nuance. I guess because of you being overly precious. Or clutching for straws to attack.
    SC, what to you is a simple word - is to me a reality that many people attribute Israel's racist actions to every single Jew on the planet because of this happening time and time again, aided by the Israeli government themselves, who have the nerve (chutzpah, you might say) to represent themselves as the authority on what's right for, or supported by, the Jewish people. To you it's a word - to me it's the specifics of Israeli events graffitied on synagogues and knocked-over tombstones in Jewish cemeteries next to "Nazis were right", or the bomb threats we evacuated for regularly in my youth at a Jewish day school in Canada.
    I can tell you straight away I'm not defending Jews or Israel - I'm not sure I'd say I have much respect left for either. What I'm saying is that it's pretty clear to see that the more the false equivalence between Jews and Israelis exist, especially as it pertains to the disgusting actions of the Israeli government, the more violence against Jews around the world reappears. People suffer because of this. All I'm asking is if you will please stop being a perpetuator of this false equivalence. 
    On the particulars of the wording of your comment above, if you can't see how it could be construed as needlessly harmful and an inappropriate attribution of an action from one party onto another, then I don't feel we'll understand each others' perspectives in this conversation, and I'd respectfully ask that we drop it and move on in either case. All of this aside, I'm sorry for being rude before, I definitely got fired up.

EV
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    It’s ok cause it’s jews. But remember all Muslims are not terrorists. 

All christians are awful though. AMT do I have this right? I’ve been paying attention for years.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 

All christians are awful though. AMT do I have this right? I’ve been paying attention for years.
    Spot on 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    SC, this seems like a basic fucking request.  Have some decency.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 

You responding to benj's post addressing me, implies that I believe what exactly.(?)... that all jews bomb hospitals? 

Please explain your confusing post. @mcgruff10 said it was "spot on" but it sure doesn't seem like it.
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

+1
    Where lies this lack of "decency"?

And mcgruff with his, and I'm paraphrasing form the Isarel thread, "It was okey to fuck people over in the area to establish Israel because the people down there are only fighting anyways" maybe should take a backseat in any discussion regarding that nation.
  • Options

Heard a rumor report that he wants Hillary to be his running mate.  If that is true then he loses all credibility with me and will be voting elsewhere.
    Not for a second...some GOP operative is making a career over floating rumors about Hillary inserting herself somewhere.

• Options

mcgruff10 said:

+1

And mcgruff with his, and I'm paraphrasing form the Isarel thread, "It was okey to fuck people over in the area to establish Israel because the people down there are only fighting anyways" maybe should take a backseat in any discussion regarding that nation.
    This is where you say “my bad” to Ben and move on.  
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667

mcgruff10 said:

+1

So a person shares that what you are saying is not only incorrect in putting all Jewish people in with Israel's actions but that it is upsetting to him.
    Instead of saying something like "yeah, I can separate a Jew from the actions of the govt of Israel" instead you just pound ahead with your bullshit 

Hey, if you don't get it that is fine.  There is nothing lost in translation, here.  You keep being you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    No, I am not.

SC, what to you is a simple word - is to me a reality that many people attribute Israel's racist actions to every single Jew on the planet because of this happening time and time again, aided by the Israeli government themselves, who have the nerve (chutzpah, you might say) to represent themselves as the authority on what's right for, or supported by, the Jewish people. To you it's a word - to me it's the specifics of Israeli events graffitied on synagogues and knocked-over tombstones in Jewish cemeteries next to "Nazis were right", or the bomb threats we evacuated for regularly in my youth at a Jewish day school in Canada.
    I can tell you straight away I'm not defending Jews or Israel - I'm not sure I'd say I have much respect left for either. What I'm saying is that it's pretty clear to see that the more the false equivalence between Jews and Israelis exist, especially as it pertains to the disgusting actions of the Israeli government, the more violence against Jews around the world reappears. People suffer because of this. All I'm asking is if you will please stop being a perpetuator of this false equivalence. 
    On the particulars of the wording of your comment above, if you can't see how it could be construed as needlessly harmful and an inappropriate attribution of an action from one party onto another, then I don't feel we'll understand each others' perspectives in this conversation, and I'd respectfully ask that we drop it and move on in either case. All of this aside, I'm sorry for being rude before, I definitely got fired up.
    You wrote: I've heard Bloomberg hates jews  (as a joke)

I wrote: No he likes jews when they do terrible thing. (as a joke)

The point obviously being that Bloomberg is a POS defending murdering children, and the focus and point of the post being Bloomberg. 

It doesn't say people if they are jewish bomb hospitals. It is not a comment on jewish people. It is a comment on Bloomberg.

If you wrote: I've hard Bloomberg hates people from Seattle

And there was a quote from Bloomberg defending the Green River Killer. 

And I wrote: No, he likes them if they murder prostitutes.

That would not be a comment on people from Seattle. Or saying that all people from Seattle murder and dump prostitutes in the woods.  But a joke about Bloomberg being a POS.

I did not mean to disparage people for being jewish. And I do not believe what I wrote does that. But, I am sorry if that is how you interpreted it. It was not my intent.
  • Options

Not for a second...some GOP operative is making a career over floating rumors about Hillary inserting herself somewhere.
    Yeah isn’t it interesting that the source went to Drudge and that’s been his headline for 2 days now?
  • Options

mcgruff10 said:

+1

So a person shares that what you are saying is not only incorrect in putting all Jewish people in with Israel's actions but that it is upsetting to him.
    Instead of saying something like "yeah, I can separate a Jew from the actions of the govt of Israel" instead you just pound ahead with your bullshit 

Hey, if you don't get it that is fine.  There is nothing lost in translation, here.  You keep being you.
    1. I have not put all jewish people in with Israel's actions.

2. I have not pound ahead with any bullshit. 

3. And that has nothing to do with me not respecting Benjs or anything to that nature. 

4. You keep being you.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341
    Mike Will Get It Done.

Sign me up. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    No, I am not.

The point obviously being that Bloomberg is a POS defending murdering children, and the focus and point of the post being Bloomberg. 

It doesn't say people if they are jewish bomb hospitals. It is not a comment on jewish people. It is a comment on Bloomberg.

That would not be a comment on people from Seattle. Or saying that all people from Seattle murder and dump prostitutes in the woods.  But a joke about Bloomberg being a POS.

This sounds to me, like when you went all aggressive when i posted a Bernie-video saying that if the last line in the video didn't make you vote Bernie you were not human. And the last line was Bernie namedropping the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street. But you completely missed the point of it being a joke and instead went all in attacking.

I did not mean to disparage people for being jewish. And I do not believe what I wrote does that. But, I am sorry if that is how you interpreted it. It was not my intent.
    See your response above in bold. I thought it was abundantly clear that was what I had opposition with - conflating 'Jew' with 'Israeli'. I explained rationally why I would prefer if you were more precise with your wording because of the harm that false equivalence has caused historically and continues to cause. My comment was about YOUR words, not Bloomberg's. In that entire video, it didn't attribute bombing hospitals to Jews, it attributed it to Israelis. You didn't follow suit.

If you'd like to continue to play the game of taking everything far too many levels deep than needed, and either missing or intentionally obfuscating and moving the marker away from my point, then by all means, enjoy doing so with someone else.

EV
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Seems to like us. 

In this context. 
    No, I am not.

This sounds to me, like when you went all aggressive when i posted a Bernie-video saying that if the last line in the video didn't make you vote Bernie you were not human. And the last line was Bernie namedropping the movie A Nightmare on Elm Street. But you completely missed the point of it being a joke and instead went all in attacking.

See your response above in bold. I thought it was abundantly clear that was what I had opposition with - conflating 'Jew' with 'Israeli'. I explained rationally why I would prefer if you were more precise with your wording because of the harm that false equivalence has caused historically and continues to cause. My comment was about YOUR words, not Bloomberg's. In that entire video, it didn't attribute bombing hospitals to Jews, it attributed it to Israelis. You didn't follow suit.

If you'd like to continue to play the game of taking everything far too many levels deep than needed, and either missing or intentionally obfuscating and moving the marker away from my point, then by all means, enjoy doing so with someone else.
    So, how would you have worded my post/joke? 
This discussion has been closed.