Bloomberg for President

Comments

• Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    Michael Bloomberg is Donald Trump, just on a different side of the aisle. Vanity, narcissism and the desire to be dictator are far more similar than different between the two. 
    Minus the sexual assaults, paying off strippers and adding in building your own worth of course
    Equal the overt racism. Bloomberg was all in on racial profiling in New York. Some of his comments are downright awful about African Americans and Hispanics. 
    Honest question from a foreigner, why do Americans need rich people or celebrities (or both) to be President? Wouldn’t someone intelligent and educated be a better choice to represent you on the world stage?

Quite frankly, the election of Trump has most of the world questioning your entire education system among other things. Not a hater... just an interested observer. 
    I don't think it is possible to run for president and not be rich.  
    I have no clue how the election of Trump is a reflection of our education system.  And I don't know a single person who give's a shit about what other countries think of us.  Not a hater...just a casual observation.  
    Sorry the truth hurts so much 
    What about the 46 MM people who didn't vote for Trump, the majority.  Did the education system fail them too?
    Hey man, I was just telling you the world perception. Don’t shoot the messenger
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:
    Michael Bloomberg is Donald Trump, just on a different side of the aisle. Vanity, narcissism and the desire to be dictator are far more similar than different between the two. 
    Minus the sexual assaults, paying off strippers and adding in building your own worth of course
    Equal the overt racism. Bloomberg was all in on racial profiling in New York. Some of his comments are downright awful about African Americans and Hispanics. 
    Honest question from a foreigner, why do Americans need rich people or celebrities (or both) to be President? Wouldn’t someone intelligent and educated be a better choice to represent you on the world stage?

Quite frankly, the election of Trump has most of the world questioning your entire education system among other things. Not a hater... just an interested observer. 
    I have no clue how the election of Trump is a reflection of our education system.  And I don't know a single person who give's a shit about what other countries think of us.  Not a hater...just a casual observation.  
    What about the 46 MM people who didn't vote for Trump, the majority.  Did the education system fail them too?
    Hey man, I was just telling you the world perceptron. Don’t shoot the messenger
    You elected Nepotism von Blackface. Yeeeeesh.
  • Options
    1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited February 2020
    Anyways, I apologize for offending anyone. Was not intentional. I apologize for the generalization, did not mean to infer all Americans are uneducated. Not my country and all countries have their own issues.  Our Pm is no genius either. 
    But a leader does not have to be rich. 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:

We did. It’s embarrassing. I’m questioning our own education system to be quite honest. Not sure if the world is though 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:

We did. It’s embarrassing. I’m questioning our own education system to be quite honest. Not sure if the world is though 
    I would hesitate to speak for your province, much less the world
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:

I’it’s a free country here. I don’t have to hesitate. Maybe you like being muzzled? 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Bezos is next, right?  Maybe not this cycle, but Bezos is coming for president.  The new order is in motion.
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,632
    Jason P said:
    Bezos is next, right?  Maybe not this cycle, but Bezos is coming for president.  The new order is in motion.
    Sure, why not?  It's not like career politicians have done a bang up job for the last 50 years.  
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418

BILLIONAIRES DON'T GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT US!!!

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Sure, why not?  It's not like career politicians have done a bang up job for the last 50 years.  
    Or, ya know, more people across the spectrum could run for office. Which we're definitely seeing more of lately (thank god). Oh, and if everybody gave a shit about their state & local elections as much as one race that comes around only every 4 years. Don't know if people know this, but there's an election every year. In some (most) places two.
  • Options
    edited February 2020

No one gives a flying fuck about you, personally, not in the context of really caring.  Stop fooling yourself that human nature is different for rich people to middle class people to poor people.  

*edit - no politician.  I'm sure your friends and family care.  
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options

Bingo
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:

I’it’s a free country here. I don’t have to hesitate. Maybe you like being muzzled? 
    lol

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201825E
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Or, ya know, more people across the spectrum could run for office. Which we're definitely seeing more of lately (thank god). Oh, and if everybody gave a shit about their state & local elections as much as one race that comes around only every 4 years. Don't know if people know this, but there's an election every year. In some (most) places two.
    Yes it is good, but it's interesting... in order to work your way up, you are then a career politician and disconnected from the 'people'.  But if you think you understand the people you can run for a big office to start.  But that takes money, which takes personal success. So it's sort of a Catch 22.  Obama was a total aberration, but even he was not exactly 'regular guy'.  He was a professor and a Senator, so not exactly regular either. 
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    dudeman said:

lol

https://lop.parl.ca/sites/PublicWebsite/default/en_CA/ResearchPublications/201825E
    Irrelevant. Free speech isn’t hate speech. Nothing I said is hate speech. Move along. 
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,788
    edited February 2020
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Yes it is good, but it's interesting... in order to work your way up, you are then a career politician and disconnected from the 'people'.  But if you think you understand the people you can run for a big office to start.  But that takes money, which takes personal success. So it's sort of a Catch 22.  Obama was a total aberration, but even he was not exactly 'regular guy'.  He was a professor and a Senator, so not exactly regular either. 
    Sure, and that's part of the very problem which we are accepting. As much as I'd like to see someone go from community organizer --> state rep --> state senator/governor --> congress --> potus, I'd also like to see campaign finance reform across the board. And this isn't just to say we should be concentrating on POTUS, but to inform people that what they choose on the state level is just as important. Give me one election a year in a rank choice format with no ability to donate beyond being an individual voter/donor. The system should be already in place to make it capable for anyone to run for any office.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Are you advocating for a government full of Joe the Plumbers? I for one prefer my POTUS be the smartest person in the room, on most things, and to realize when they’re not.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Jason P said:
    Are you advocating for a government full of Joe the Plumbers? I for one prefer my POTUS be the smartest person in the room, on most things, and to realize when they’re not.
    Fuck no I'm not.  I don't want an average guy to be president.  Average guys I know are generally idiots, completely uniformed on policy and affairs.  I was merely pointing out the catch - 22 of the whole thing.  If you want move your way up, you are by definition a career politician.  If you want a big job, you need money to get going (and be campaigning without getting paid for a few years).  Therefore businessmen/women running for president doesn't bother me anymore than a senator or governor.  
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,113

and neither do politicians ;)

A billionaire politician??? Even worse!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938

That reminds me of What We Do In The Shadows. "It was a bad time for Nazi vampires. If you were a Nazi? Eeek.. And if you were a vampire? Yeeesh. And Nazi vampires? Whoooo!" Fantastically funny movie if anyone hasn't seen it.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120

What’s worse, electing a benevolent billionaire or someone who begged billionaires for a billion dollars?
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

What’s worse, electing a benevolent billionaire or someone who begged billionaires for a billion dollars?
    That's the exact same dilemma the GOP was faced with 4 years ago.

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550

What's  worse, a lying paranoid racist xenophobe in the white house?

Or the people who continue to believe and support him?
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    He is an awful debater

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    He is an awful debater

Awful human being
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,120
    PJPOWER said:

A man would never get away with the crap warren pulled. Does she have any proof of that fat broad  comment? A man says that he is done. Escorted off the stage. And all the times warren just interrupts and starts talking over everyone else. And the Hispanic moderator that torpedoed klobuchar? That was nasty. Why do we need five moderators?

The hand raising has to stop. It enabled warren to get away with her behavior. (But the image of Bloomberg raising  his hand for permission with that look in his eyes... priceless)

and the practice if your name is mentioned you get to talk is absurd and biased. Whenever a moderate said socialist healthcare, warren and sanders get a free turn. Happened over and over. But the moderates never got a rebuttal for healthcare with an option. But when they attacked billionaires in a veiled attack on Bloomberg, he got no opportunity to respond. They should all get two minutes to respond, period. This biased form of debating gives an unpopular policy equal time, but not equal time to candidates.

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,628
    I don't think two minutes would have been better for Bloomberg.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
This discussion has been closed.