Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    So either a bunch of fans are spamming us with fake ticket locations, or our beloved club already has the ticket info ready for tickets drawn on day 2 and day 3 of lottery and is not sharing with the consumer.

Can we please queue another fanboi proclaiming how awesome this ticket purchase experience is?

I don't know your line of work, but lets say you are a home builder.  You tell the client the home will be ready March 31st.  Is your plan to be busy on the night of March 30th putting all the finishing touches on?  No, you set a reasonable expectation and you hope to be done a few days ahead of time to allow for any issues.  If 10C did that here they are smart.  We also don't know if all shows are complete.  We don't know. 

My final point.  It doesn't matter if we find out Friday or Monday unless you are NY and CO and want to transfer them. 

So we’re building homes now, not transmitting a three digit number followed by a letter and number? 

damn I’m missing the Tool tour right about now. 20 minutes of will I or won’t I get tickets. Got lucky, got tickets and seat location . Done. I’m actually not sure what im doing with the PJ tickets and not sure how to transfer, trade, etc. Which I won’t know until the 18th anyway. Granted, first world issues.
    For what it's worth, I agree with you that this is getting to be more than care to deal with. Last lottos -- we had more time to think and plan before selecting; we got notified. We sold or traded our +1 on the boards which was always a breeze. We showed up and picked up our tickets, Enter venue. Done.
    This time, basically only two days to think and plan; then we find out if we get tickets in randomly ordered waves. Now we wait to find out our seats in random waves. Then we have to wait to enter a fan-to-fan site to sell to strangers. Then we have to download an app to get in. There's 10C and TicketsToday and 3 more layers of sales by TicketMaster.  This Fan service and that Fan service. I'm not a stupid person, but keeping it all straight and not making a mistake is a lot of work. 
    Yes, 1st world problems, but still annoying and I don't think I'll even bother to try 2nd leg if they don't play within driving of my city. Not paying thousands more dollars to go through this again for Pearl Jam. 
  • smaksmak Posts: 232
    pulling69 said:
    smak said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Nashville seating so far does seem to point towards lower numbers getting rear floor. Anyone with a 5 digit number get their seats?
    Really?  124xxx got 114B which is basically in the top 100 reserved seats, if rows have 25 seats...

There would have to be hundreds of people below 124xxx to make it so Floor 1,2,3 are the best.

Seem likely?
    Lots of double letter rows before the single letter rows start. AA to MM then a, b, etc. Row B is row 14.
    Yah.  I'd probably say for the first people on that list to check your row # again.  Seems unlikely that 13 rows x 20ish per row, and then the same on the other side are ahead of them.    That's 350 10 club members.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    pulling69 said:
    smak said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Nashville seating so far does seem to point towards lower numbers getting rear floor. Anyone with a 5 digit number get their seats?
    Really?  124xxx got 114B which is basically in the top 100 reserved seats, if rows have 25 seats...

There would have to be hundreds of people below 124xxx to make it so Floor 1,2,3 are the best.

Seem likely?
    Lots of double letter rows before the single letter rows start. AA to MM then a, b, etc. Row B is row 14.
    This appears to be correct for NSH. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • prizzoprizzo Posts: 35
    Denver section 104 row 10 538xxx
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    edited January 2020
    Nashville 693xxx Section 204 Row D 

These are going on fan to fan as buddy got GA.
    Post edited by PD279656 on
  • Wow thought this hack was a joke, but worked.
    Denver Reserved    # 218XXX sec 148 Row 13
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    So either a bunch of fans are spamming us with fake ticket locations, or our beloved club already has the ticket info ready for tickets drawn on day 2 and day 3 of lottery and is not sharing with the consumer.

Can we please queue another fanboi proclaiming how awesome this ticket purchase experience is?

I don't know your line of work, but lets say you are a home builder.  You tell the client the home will be ready March 31st.  Is your plan to be busy on the night of March 30th putting all the finishing touches on?  No, you set a reasonable expectation and you hope to be done a few days ahead of time to allow for any issues.  If 10C did that here they are smart.  We also don't know if all shows are complete.  We don't know. 

My final point.  It doesn't matter if we find out Friday or Monday unless you are NY and CO and want to transfer them. 

So we’re building homes now, not transmitting a three digit number followed by a letter and number? 

damn I’m missing the Tool tour right about now. 20 minutes of will I or won’t I get tickets. Got lucky, got tickets and seat location . Done. I’m actually not sure what im doing with the PJ tickets and not sure how to transfer, trade, etc. Which I won’t know until the 18th anyway. Granted, first world issues.
    For what it's worth, I agree with you that this is getting to be more than care to deal with. Last lottos -- we had more time to think and plan before selecting; we got notified. We sold or traded our +1 on the boards which was always a breeze. We showed up and picked up our tickets, Enter venue. Done.
    This time, basically only two days to think and plan; then we find out if we get tickets in randomly ordered waves. Now we wait to find out our seats in random waves. Then we have to wait to enter a fan-to-fan site to sell to strangers. Then we have to download an app to get in. There's 10C and TicketsToday and 3 more layers of sales by TicketMaster.  This Fan service and that Fan service. I'm not a stupid person, but keeping it all straight and not making a mistake is a lot of work. 
    Yes, 1st world problems, but still annoying and I don't think I'll even bother to try 2nd leg if they don't play within driving of my city. Not paying thousands more dollars to go through this again for Pearl Jam. 

Maybe it is as complex as building a house after all.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    I had no problems entering for tickets.  It sounds strange, but I entered to win tickets I was actually going to use.  I wasn't concerned with transferring and trying to game the system. 
  • yacovfbyacovfb Posts: 40
    Nashville 315xxx 116 Row K
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    Sorry gang but 705xxx GA PIT. Denver.
    Habit4me said:
    Win some lose some 

Enjoy the hell out of that man
  • prizzoprizzo Posts: 35
    Habit4me said:
    Congrats man! Enjoy it!
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    PD279656 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Win some lose some 

Enjoy the hell out of that man
    So excited!!!
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Habit4me said:
    What are you sorry for? Congrats. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    prizzo said:
    Denver section 104 row 10 538xxx
    Few rows behind you. 
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Habit4me said:
    See you in there. Try to give me some elbow room!
  • 274xxx sec 105 row GG for Nashville 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128

You are leaving out that they introduced the single ticket option. If you only needed 1 ticket then you didn't need to involve yourself in the fan to fan sale at all. You could have gotten your 1 ticket and been done with it.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    I had no problems entering for tickets.  It sounds strange, but I entered to win tickets I was actually going to use.  I wasn't concerned with transferring and trying to game the system. 
    As did I, but things come up. I suppose having the ability to transfer is a good thing. If my mom croaks the week before Denver, I'll be able to unload the single ticket I was able to buy this time without having to pick up at will call. That is the only upside to this change for me.
    Otherwise, like I said, there have been so many emails and instructions about different things from two different sources and then a confirmation from a third party, I can understand why people might have made mistakes and why they might be confused or annoyed by now. 
    And tbh, in my view, not a very good explanation of "best available" and its impact on odds. And I'm watching these seat confirmations coming in and not really seeing how seniority is working.  
    Habit4me said:
    Congrats! Did you get an email or did you go to Ticketmaster? Nobody answered my question earlier. How are people being notified?
  • JC29866JC29866 Posts: 85
    Nashville
    168xxx
    115 row GG

Habit4me said:
    Congrats! Did you get an email or did you go to Ticketmaster? Nobody answered my question earlier. How are people being notified?
    Nobody is being notified people for the Nashville show and Denver show found a way to figure it out using pro team season ticket holder website portals. 
    JimmyV said:

You are leaving out that they introduced the single ticket option. If you only needed 1 ticket then you didn't need to involve yourself in the fan to fan sale at all. You could have gotten your 1 ticket and been done with it.
    I got one ticket. My mom is 80 years old and sick. I may not be able to go. I may not even want to go. Once the initial excitement wore off, I realized how childish it kind of is to continue blow money on a rock concert that I'd rather save for retirement. Or an emergency. It's nobody's business why anybody wants or needs to sell their tickets.
  • sheenTNsheenTN Posts: 163
    Member #263XXX Nashville 116 Row FF
    Knoxville '98, Greensboro 2000, Raleigh 2003, Nashville 2003, Asheville 2004, Bonnaroo 2008, Columbia 2008, EV The Ryman 1&2 2009, Alpine Valley 1&2 2011, Charlotte 2013, Columbia 2016, Lexington 2016, Bonnaroo 2016
  • Seems like seniority is working to me.  They got a lot of tickets and they’re just really spread out, pretty much a bunch of random tickets throughout each section.  Doesn’t seem like only the front half of the arena is 10c or anything like i had been assuming. Haven’t seen anything that shows 10c seats are a certain part of each section or a block, they’re just spread throughout the arena.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    PD279656 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Nobody is being notified people for the Nashville show and Denver show found a way to figure it out using pro team season ticket holder website portals. 
    Oh, of course. Another hole in this fantastic system brought to us by the new relationship between 10C and Ticketmaster. I'm out. Goodnight all.
  • PD279656 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Oh, of course. Another hole in this fantastic system brought to us by the new relationship between 10C and Ticketmaster. I'm out. Goodnight all.
    Hey sorry to hear about your mom, I’m sure you’ve got a lot you’re thinking about other than this shit. spend any time you can with her if you can, I hope it all works out.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
    PD279656 said:
    Habit4me said:
    Good luck with that $122 growing to $212 by retirement! 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    JimmyV said:

I got one ticket. My mom is 80 years old and sick. I may not be able to go. I may not even want to go. Once the initial excitement wore off, I realized how childish it kind of is to continue blow money on a rock concert that I'd rather save for retirement. Or an emergency. It's nobody's business why anybody wants or needs to sell their tickets.
    Sorry about your mom.

I don't care why anyone needs or wants to sell their tickets. You, however, complained specifically that it was easier in the past to sell extras. I think it was worth pointing out that for the first time no one needed to buy those extras in the first place.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • chadaw76chadaw76 Posts: 292
    Denver 511xxx sec AAA row 18.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis