Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• Habit4me said:
    bbiggs said:
    I believe the seat assignments have been known for quite some time.  My friend never received his confirmation email for MSG, but was charged.  He emailed on the 21st and received an email back that looked like the confirmation email, but in the order details on the bottom it had seat assignments. Instead of just listing the city and date.  He chose best available for MSG. 

I tried playing dumb and emailing them after to check on my order status and I just got an email back from someone that told me I did indeed secure tickets and be on the look out for another email the week of the 27th. 
    Interesting. I wonder what the advantage is for them waiting to disclose. 
    I have a hunch that once we get ticket confirmations from Tickets Now (or whatever it is called) Ticketmaster will drop more tickets for venues that the band was expecting 100% Ten Club allotments to be filled. It's crazy that you can still score Oakland tickets for the Leg 1 closing show. So for those who struck out - keep checking TM everyday starting Friday.
    Not that crazy....upper half of the upper level tickets, in the corners....if you want to guarantee a good spot to notice how speaker and lighting rigging is done, these are your tickets.  If you want to listen to the show (only) these may be okay....if you have any interest is witnessing the spectacle that is a PJ show?  Probably a hard pass....
  • Jesus, so we're not finding out about GA/seats and seat location till Friday afternoon?
    Which is, technically, the week of the 27th, but still...
    .. it's ~1 1/2 months prior to the first show of the tour
    (People just need to R E L A X !)
    It's actually two and a half months to my shows (Oakland), so I really should relax!

But I can't...well, I can, I've just been checking my email and TM account every 15 minutes since Monday, but if we know it's not till Friday afternoon, then I will relax...until Friday morning, that is!
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    Ray J. T. said:
    I would hope 10C has say/is allocating the seats
    Why is anybody assuming otherwise?

It’s all just assumptions but i personally don’t trust TM, especially with how screwed up the lottery itself was.  Hopefully they kept control of this aspect of the seating, but I suppose we’ll find out Friday anyway
    Outside a few outliers, the lottery system this time went very well I believe.  Even down to when the cancellation notes went out for St. Louis & Nashville w/n a short amount of time people knew to ignore those emails.
    It all depends on perspective.  You got everything you asked for I assume and heard back when and how you were supposed to? 

Lots of folks never even got confirm or denial emails, had to go back and forth with TM (I emailed/received a total of 8 emails and spoke to 3 different reps, got blatantly wrong information that other reps had to agree was incorrect, mistake/error emails were sent to some and later recalled, etc.  I never fully knew I got my second of two choices until the following Wednesday when the lottery results were supposed to out by Sunday I think it was? Those are some serious issues for a lottery that went “very well.”

I don’t mean to rehash all the garbage, but 10c’s system was not broken.  They just wanted to get it out of their hands and I get that. There’s a poll on here somewhere that had like 70% of respondents saying they preferred 10c’s lotto- not sure where it ended up, but it doesn’t really matter.  To me, all I’m saying, is that my experience of the process left an awful lot to be desired, and has left me to fear TM’s handling of any of it.
    I thought 10c did a much better job with the lotto and picked those names a lot faster. It's a shame they handed this part over to TM. 
    NYPJ
  • Ray J. T. said:

It’s all just assumptions but i personally don’t trust TM, especially with how screwed up the lottery itself was.  Hopefully they kept control of this aspect of the seating, but I suppose we’ll find out Friday anyway
    Outside a few outliers, the lottery system this time went very well I believe.  Even down to when the cancellation notes went out for St. Louis & Nashville w/n a short amount of time people knew to ignore those emails.
    It all depends on perspective.  You got everything you asked for I assume and heard back when and how you were supposed to? 

Lots of folks never even got confirm or denial emails, had to go back and forth with TM (I emailed/received a total of 8 emails and spoke to 3 different reps, got blatantly wrong information that other reps had to agree was incorrect, mistake/error emails were sent to some and later recalled, etc.  I never fully knew I got my second of two choices until the following Wednesday when the lottery results were supposed to out by Sunday I think it was? Those are some serious issues for a lottery that went “very well.”

I don’t mean to rehash all the garbage, but 10c’s system was not broken.  They just wanted to get it out of their hands and I get that. There’s a poll on here somewhere that had like 70% of respondents saying they preferred 10c’s lotto- not sure where it ended up, but it doesn’t really matter.  To me, all I’m saying, is that my experience of the process left an awful lot to be desired, and has left me to fear TM’s handling of any of it.
    I'll go on a wild limb and say that less than 1% of people who put in for tickets had this experience (just from the number of people on here complaining about that vs. the number that actually put in requests).  It sucks that you had to experience that and others did as well - I realize that.  But... for such a small number of entires, for the first time doing this, it actually went very well.
    We’ll agree to disagree.  It’s all good, no worries, some had a great experience and love TM, others didn’t and don’t. They actually told some of us they had a “Comcast email error” or some garbage as an explanation. kinda leads me to think it was bigger than what you’re letting on to.  It really doesn’t matter though dude, life goes on!
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    Ray J. T. said:

Right.  Even beyond the results, if the objective was to make everything electronic and a smoother process, there is no reason an outfit like TM can't allow you to go into your account and see your entries without re-doing them or even now to go into your account and see which entries you won/were charged for.  I'm not saying it wasnt a step towards where 10C wanted to go (all electronic, no ticket handouts at the box office, etc., less personnel) but it's far from good.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Jesus, so we're not finding out about GA/seats and seat location till Friday afternoon?
    Which is, technically, the week of the 27th, but still...
    .. it's ~1 1/2 months prior to the first show of the tour
    (People just need to R E L A X !)
    Right, I think people just wanna find out sooner so they can bitch longer about their seat assignments...lol
  • FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    Ugh, that sucks.  Obviously for MSG, anything is great, but one of my primary concerns about this new system is TM fucking up/changing the ticket allocation. With 10C, best seats has always been wing seats.  If TM starts with the floor, I'm gonna be pissed.
    That is a weird situation.  I'd prefer the dead on floor seats to anything side stage.  I've only been a member about 6 years though, so I'm sure I'll have some of the worst assigned seats.  Still, I'm just happy to be in the Garden.  

I had sec 224 the past two years for Phish, and those seats are some of my least favorite.  Still, the sound is good, and I'm seeing one of my two favorite bands in the world's most famous arena in on of the most exciting cities in the world!!!
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• 100 Pacer said:
    FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    Interesting - if that’s true my number is 131,XXX so the reserved pair should be in the same vicinity.
    Considering the 2 front side sections were blocked off for MSG, this could be accurate. It doesnt really give an indication of what is considered best available though.  

• Not to get back into it (there are enough threads about the new system) but I think the odds tool needs a serious modification/explanation, but I'm guessing they'll just get rid of it in the fall to avoid having to explain it.  Before people jump all over me with READ THE EMAIL condescending responses, the odds calculation has not been explained ANYWHERE.  It is not the same as it was before (otherwise I would not have been denied for a 99% show) because there is no explanation of where "best available" is allocated.

There actually was an explanation on how the odds system worked. If you went to the ticket request page and on the upper left corner there was an entry that you could hover over that explained exactly how the system worked and that just because your email at the time time said 99% didn't mean that would be the final odds numbers. They also clearly stated that the odds would be updated 2 times per day, however, they didn't specify at what time those would be updated.

As for seat location, it really did seem that BA would garner the better odds as there are significantly more seat available, but we all knew that coming in.

• jmsjms Posts: 243
    My Nashville seats show up in my Preds season ticket App. 
  • 100 Pacer said:
    FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    Interesting - if that’s true my number is 131,XXX so the reserved pair should be in the same vicinity.
    Makes me wonder if my 198xxx number ends up in the back of the floor.  

I'm going in with a "just happy to be in the building" mentality.  That's the only way to do it.  
  • RobZRobZ Posts: 181
    Seems every time I buy thru TM, their version of "Best Available" is on the floor, no matter how far from the stage.  I won Denver-Res...I'm hoping my incredibly horrible number 670xxx gets me up off the floor and into the wings somewhere.
    2006: Las Vegas, Nevada
    2009: Salt Lake City, Utah
    2012: Missoula, Montana
    2014: Denver, Colorado
    2018: Missoula, Montana

Not to get back into it (there are enough threads about the new system) but I think the odds tool needs a serious modification/explanation, but I'm guessing they'll just get rid of it in the fall to avoid having to explain it.  Before people jump all over me with READ THE EMAIL condescending responses, the odds calculation has not been explained ANYWHERE.  It is not the same as it was before (otherwise I would not have been denied for a 99% show) because there is no explanation of where "best available" is allocated.

There actually was an explanation on how the odds system worked. If you went to the ticket request page and on the upper left corner there was an entry that you could hover over that explained exactly how the system worked and that just because your email at the time time said 99% didn't mean that would be the final odds numbers. They also clearly stated that the odds would be updated 2 times per day, however, they didn't specify at what time those would be updated.

As for seat location, it really did seem that BA would garner the better odds as there are significantly more seat available, but we all knew that coming in.

Yes, obviously the odds change. Everybody knows that. You're not understanding my point. Odds were for two entries (GA or Reserved) but there were three options (GA, Reserved or BA). BA has to be allocated somewhere. I'm not gonna explain it again. Clearly the odds tool was way off. 

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Not to get back into it (there are enough threads about the new system) but I think the odds tool needs a serious modification/explanation, but I'm guessing they'll just get rid of it in the fall to avoid having to explain it.  Before people jump all over me with READ THE EMAIL condescending responses, the odds calculation has not been explained ANYWHERE.  It is not the same as it was before (otherwise I would not have been denied for a 99% show) because there is no explanation of where "best available" is allocated.

Yes, obviously the odds change. Everybody knows that. You're not understanding my point. Odds were for two entries (GA or Reserved) but there were three options (GA, Reserved or BA). BA has to be allocated somewhere. I'm not gonna explain it again. Clearly the odds tool was way off. 

I think it was off too but feel like BA should default to the RES odds. Thats how it should work but how it actually worked who knows. 
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,347
    Watched PJ at Wrigley on Earthcam from Orlando and was too far away to purchase the $1 water. #gutted #earthcam #icecoldwateronlyadollar
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    PJNB said:

I think it was off too but feel like BA should default to the RES odds. Thats how it should work but how it actually worked who knows. 
    I think this is why it was off. No way to quantify how someone who put BA would land. If more people picked BA it could explain things not operating like the 99% we were used to.
  • jms said:
    Do tell....
    Right, exactly. They may be better off going to a single number (overall entries vs. total tix available) or tell us how it's being calculated at least. We put STL BA at #3 because of the odds and got nothing. Our picks above it were LA and OAK BA and people got those down to #5.
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    jms said:

Mine do to and i dont even have season tix anymore!
    sec 116 row HH (8th row side)
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

jdopj said:
    PJNB said:

I think this is why it was off. No way to quantify how someone who put BA would land. If more people picked BA it could explain things not operating like the 99% we were used to.
    BA should have been calculated in both the RES and GA odds individually. Your odds do not get better if you add GA to your RES pick but they do get better if you put in for BA instead of just GA obviously. BA and RES should be equal if they in fact drew your name and gave you what was left as the best option since GA will be filled first. 

• darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555
    Habit4me said:
    bbiggs said:
    I believe the seat assignments have been known for quite some time.  My friend never received his confirmation email for MSG, but was charged.  He emailed on the 21st and received an email back that looked like the confirmation email, but in the order details on the bottom it had seat assignments. Instead of just listing the city and date.  He chose best available for MSG. 

I tried playing dumb and emailing them after to check on my order status and I just got an email back from someone that told me I did indeed secure tickets and be on the look out for another email the week of the 27th. 
    Interesting. I wonder what the advantage is for them waiting to disclose. 
    I have a hunch that once we get ticket confirmations from Tickets Now (or whatever it is called) Ticketmaster will drop more tickets for venues that the band was expecting 100% Ten Club allotments to be filled. It's crazy that you can still score Oakland tickets for the Leg 1 closing show. So for those who struck out - keep checking TM everyday starting Friday.
    Not that crazy....upper half of the upper level tickets, in the corners....if you want to guarantee a good spot to notice how speaker and lighting rigging is done, these are your tickets.  If you want to listen to the show (only) these may be okay....if you have any interest is witnessing the spectacle that is a PJ show?  Probably a hard pass....

Not to mention it's a Sunday night.
  • grizahamgrizaham Posts: 338
    Sister is 727000 (joined week prior to announcement)and got sec 223 Row A for Nash  (from her Nash Preds App)
    worth a shot.  go to https://am.ticketmaster.com/predators
    Seen PJ 21 times live from 1994-2019

• sjune4508sjune4508 Lombard, IL Posts: 56
    This works.  I have a Blackhawks account, clicked on the predator link above, signed in with my Blackhawks login, showed me the Nashville show under manage tickets.  10C # 661,XXX, signed up in 2016, got section 120 Row A(12th row in that section) Opposite end of venue, but lower section straight on, 12 rows up.  Very excited.  Had put in for BA.
    2003 - Alpine Valley
    2006 - Summerfest w/ Petty Night II
    2009 - United Center I
    2013 - Wrigley
    2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley I & II
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, Nashville, Louisville & St. Louis
    sjune4508 said:
    This works.  I have a Blackhawks account, clicked on the predator link above, signed in with my Blackhawks login, showed me the Nashville show under manage tickets.  10C # 661,XXX, signed up in 2016, got section 120 Row A(12th row in that section) Opposite end of venue, but lower section straight on, 12 rows up.  Very excited.  Had put in for BA.
    Anyway us people that do not have accounts can get one?
  • YAKIMATSUYAKIMATSU Santa Fe Posts: 839
    So, they are done filling butts to seats per the Nashville posts. Hmmm, and yet we have to wait until Friday. Interesting. 
    Soldier Field 7-11-95, Alpine Valley 6-26-98, United Center 6-29-98, Riverport Amphitheater (St. Louis)7-2-98, MGM Grand Arena 10-22-00, Sprint Center (Kansas City)5-3-10, Adams Event Center (Missoula)9-30-12, Wrigley Field 7-19-13, Jobing.com Arena (Phoenix)11-19-13, Moda Center (Portland)11-29-13, Spokane Arena 11-30-13, Pepsi Center (Denver)10-22-14, Gila River Arena (Phoenix)5-9-22, Moody Center (Austin)9-18-23, Moody Center 9-19-23, Rogers Arena (Vancouver)5-4-24, Rogers Arena 5-6-24, MGM Grand 5-16-24, MGM Grand 5-18-24, Wrigley Field 8-29-24, Wrigley Field 8-31-24
  • sjune4508sjune4508 Lombard, IL Posts: 56
    PJNB said:
    sjune4508 said:
    No idea.  My log in is working for the Nashville link, but when I change the URL to Blues, it takes me to the login page, but won't let me sign in with the same credentials that I could for Nashville.  Not sure what that means, should be the same.  But it gave me seats with the Nashville one.
    2003 - Alpine Valley
    2006 - Summerfest w/ Petty Night II
    2009 - United Center I
    2013 - Wrigley
    2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Wrigley I & II
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, Nashville, Louisville & St. Louis
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    edited January 2020
    sjune4508 said:
    PJNB said:
    sjune4508 said:
    No idea.  My log in is working for the Nashville link, but when I change the URL to Blues, it takes me to the login page, but won't let me sign in with the same credentials that I could for Nashville.  Not sure what that means, should be the same.  But it gave me seats with the Nashville one.
    My hawks account wont work for that
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • wall232wall232 Posts: 1,346
    edited January 2020
    Use that link and sign in with your TM account. I can see my Nashville’s tickets and I don’t have season tickets to anything. 

Sec 104 492xxx number 
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    The detective work here is second to none. Bravo!