Seat Confirmations - Week of Jan. 27

Comments

• RF283499 said:
    leebug87 said:
    False alarm! Sorry, it was for a different show
    Was it their seat assignments for Zamfir, master of the pan flute?
    Hilarious #phish 
    9-21-96 Toronto
    8-22-98 Barrie
    10-5-00 Toronto
    6-28-03 Toronto
    9-12-05 London, 9-13-05 Hamilton, 9-19-05 Toronto
    5-9-06 Toronto, 5-10-06 Toronto
    6-24-08 MSG, 6-25-08 MSG, 8-12-08 EV, 8-13-08 EV
    8-21-09 Toronto
    5-09-10 Cleveland, 5-10-10 Buffalo
    9-3-11 Pj20, 9-4-11 Pj20, 9-11-11 Toronto, 9-12-11 Toronto, 9-15-11 Hamilton
    7-16-13 London
    10-16-14 Detroit
    5-1-16 MSG, 5-2-16 MSG, 5-10-16 Toronto, 5-11-16 Toronto, 8-5-16 Fenway, 8-7-16 Fenway 
    9-4-18 Fenway 
    9-3-22 Ottawa, 9-6-22 Hamilton, 9-8-22 Toronto 
  • jimcsot said:

I predict a forum meltdown when they email you instructions on how to view your tickets then but don't actually have the tickets available for viewing yet.  #foreshattered

Whoohoo first post!
  • RF283499 said:
    leebug87 said:
    False alarm! Sorry, it was for a different show
    Was it their seat assignments for Zamfir, master of the pan flute?
    Hilarious #phish 
    I bet Trey is going to MSG for Pearl Jam again.  I love that he made an Eddie Vedder stage dive reference when he got stuck up there on New Years.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Many are eager to receive an email with instructions that few will actually read and even fewer will follow.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ClapperClapper Posts: 208
    JimmyV said:
    Many are eager to receive an email with instructions that few will actually read and even fewer will follow.
    Testify. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    I believe the seat assignments have been known for quite some time.  My friend never received his confirmation email for MSG, but was charged.  He emailed on the 21st and received an email back that looked like the confirmation email, but in the order details on the bottom it had seat assignments. Instead of just listing the city and date.  He chose best available for MSG. 

I tried playing dumb and emailing them after to check on my order status and I just got an email back from someone that told me I did indeed secure tickets and be on the look out for another email the week of the 27th. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    I believe the seat assignments have been known for quite some time.  My friend never received his confirmation email for MSG, but was charged.  He emailed on the 21st and received an email back that looked like the confirmation email, but in the order details on the bottom it had seat assignments. Instead of just listing the city and date.  He chose best available for MSG. 

I tried playing dumb and emailing them after to check on my order status and I just got an email back from someone that told me I did indeed secure tickets and be on the look out for another email the week of the 27th. 
    Interesting. I wonder what the advantage is for them waiting to disclose. 
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile Posts: 1,128
    edited January 2020
    FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    jimcsot said:

I predict a forum meltdown when they email you instructions on how to view your tickets then but don't actually have the tickets available for viewing yet.  #foreshattered

Whoohoo first post!
    :lol:

Welcome!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited January 2020
    FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    Ugh, that sucks.  Obviously for MSG, anything is great, but one of my primary concerns about this new system is TM fucking up/changing the ticket allocation. With 10C, best seats has always been wing seats.  If TM starts with the floor, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • jimcsotjimcsot Posts: 39
    Anything is good to a show in demand. If I had the choice, I’d rather be in the 200’s of MSG than floor seating. 
  • TM most likely will do floor seating as their best res seats.  Just depends if 10c has influence and has them do side sections first instead or if not.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • FWIW... His msg seats are in the first few rows of floor E with a 130k number. If it sticks
    Ugh, that sucks.  Obviously for MSG, anything is great, but one of my primary concerns about this new system is TM fucking up/changing the ticket allocation. With 10C, best seats has always been wing seats.  If TM starts with the floor, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Me thinks you're going to be very upset then....
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,949
    Me thinks you're going to be very upset then....
    Agreed. I believe TM “best available” = floor first. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    TM most likely will do floor seating as their best res seats.  Just depends if 10c has influence and has them do side sections first instead or if not.
    The two closest side sections were not available for 10c do that may have something to do with it.
    I would hope 10C has say/is allocating the seats
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Why is anybody assuming otherwise?

Ray J. T. said:

Because they've handed off so much to TM and this is a new process, so everything that wasn't explicitly stated is a guess at this point.
  • Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 155
    bbiggs said:

Interesting. I wonder what the advantage is for them waiting to disclose. 
    I have a hunch that once we get ticket confirmations from Tickets Now (or whatever it is called) Ticketmaster will drop more tickets for venues that the band was expecting 100% Ten Club allotments to be filled. It's crazy that you can still score Oakland tickets for the Leg 1 closing show. So for those who struck out - keep checking TM everyday starting Friday.
  • Ray J. T. said:

It’s all just assumptions but i personally don’t trust TM, especially with how screwed up the lottery itself was.  Hopefully they kept control of this aspect of the seating, but I suppose we’ll find out Friday anyway
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Ray J. T. said:

Because a) they are looking for someone to blame when they don't get the exact sec/rw/seat they want and b) to stir shit up with nonsensical information.
  • Ray J. T. said:

It’s all just assumptions but i personally don’t trust TM, especially with how screwed up the lottery itself was.  Hopefully they kept control of this aspect of the seating, but I suppose we’ll find out Friday anyway
    Outside a few outliers, the lottery system this time went very well I believe.  Even down to when the cancellation notes went out for St. Louis & Nashville w/n a short amount of time people knew to ignore those emails.

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 4,023
    Swordo said:
    Ray J. T. said:

Because a) they are looking for someone to blame when they don't get the exact sec/rw/seat they want and b) to stir shit up with nonsensical information.
    Ray J. T. said:

Ray J. T. said:

Because they've handed off so much to TM and this is a new process, so everything that wasn't explicitly stated is a guess at this point.
    I don't see 10c handing off the seating arrangements for the members off to TM. I have always assumed that even through this new process that there were going to be a few things that had to be done the way the 10c wanted them to be done. My guess is that the seating arrangements was always something that the 10c had to personally oversee. Just my 0.02
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    T minus 48 hours
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Jesus, so we're not finding out about GA/seats and seat location till Friday afternoon?
    Which is, technically, the week of the 27th, but still...
    Ray J. T. said:

Outside a few outliers, the lottery system this time went very well I believe.  Even down to when the cancellation notes went out for St. Louis & Nashville w/n a short amount of time people knew to ignore those emails.
    Not to get back into it (there are enough threads about the new system) but I think the odds tool needs a serious modification/explanation, but I'm guessing they'll just get rid of it in the fall to avoid having to explain it.  Before people jump all over me with READ THE EMAIL condescending responses, the odds calculation has not been explained ANYWHERE.  It is not the same as it was before (otherwise I would not have been denied for a 99% show) because there is no explanation of where "best available" is allocated.

• IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    Jesus, so we're not finding out about GA/seats and seat location till Friday afternoon?
    Which is, technically, the week of the 27th, but still...
    .. it's ~1 1/2 months prior to the first show of the tour
    (People just need to R E L A X !)

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    Interesting - if that’s true my number is 131,XXX so the reserved pair should be in the same vicinity.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Ray J. T. said:

It all depends on perspective.  You got everything you asked for I assume and heard back when and how you were supposed to? 

Lots of folks never even got confirm or denial emails, had to go back and forth with TM (I emailed/received a total of 8 emails and spoke to 3 different reps, got blatantly wrong information that other reps had to agree was incorrect, mistake/error emails were sent to some and later recalled, etc.  I never fully knew I got my second of two choices until the following Wednesday when the lottery results were supposed to out by Sunday I think it was? Those are some serious issues for a lottery that went “very well.”

I don’t mean to rehash all the garbage, but 10c’s system was not broken.  They just wanted to get it out of their hands and I get that. There’s a poll on here somewhere that had like 70% of respondents saying they preferred 10c’s lotto- not sure where it ended up, but it doesn’t really matter.  To me, all I’m saying, is that my experience of the process left an awful lot to be desired, and has left me to fear TM’s handling of any of it.
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    edited January 2020
    Ray J. T. said:

It all depends on perspective.  You got everything you asked for I assume and heard back when and how you were supposed to? 

Lots of folks never even got confirm or denial emails, had to go back and forth with TM (I emailed/received a total of 8 emails and spoke to 3 different reps, got blatantly wrong information that other reps had to agree was incorrect, mistake/error emails were sent to some and later recalled, etc.  I never fully knew I got my second of two choices until the following Wednesday when the lottery results were supposed to out by Sunday I think it was? Those are some serious issues for a lottery that went “very well.”

I don’t mean to rehash all the garbage, but 10c’s system was not broken.  They just wanted to get it out of their hands and I get that. There’s a poll on here somewhere that had like 70% of respondents saying they preferred 10c’s lotto- not sure where it ended up, but it doesn’t really matter.  To me, all I’m saying, is that my experience of the process left an awful lot to be desired, and has left me to fear TM’s handling of any of it.
    I'll go on a wild limb and say that less than 1% of people who put in for tickets had this experience (just from the number of people on here complaining about that vs. the number that actually put in requests).  It sucks that you had to experience that and others did as well - I realize that.  But... for such a small number of entires, for the first time doing this, it actually went very well.
    Post edited by IlliniGuy76 on