Comments

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,521
    edited March 2021
    Poncier said:
    23scidoo said:
    Poncier said:
    PJNB said:
    I have not done the research but always got a kick out of the anti vaxxers jumping up right away and saying see told you the vaccine was bad anytime a death happened after the vaccine was administered. Of course I want to know if the vaccine is the cause of these deaths but to assume it was the vaccine when we are currently vaccinating the oldest and most vulnerable parts of our population is laughable. It is almost like no one can die of anything after getting the vaccine without redflags being thrown up everywhere. Not saying this to you 23scidoo just what I see in my everyday life at work and family. 
    Well just like the folks who were saying that Covid death numbers were being artificially inflated by listing anyone who had the virus and perished (even in a car accident) as a  Covid death, there will be people now who watch a person leave a vaccination site after getting inoculated, step off the curb and get hit by a bus and say "see the vaccine killed him".
    So,what we have if i get it right..
    you have the virus, you died in a car accident and you are covid death..
    about 2.65 millions deaths so far..is it possible, let's say 1millions deaths are not covid??..just asking..
    but on the other hand, 500 deads after vaccination only in UK but all its cool..don't know..
    and at the same time there is a huge problem with AstraZeneca vaccine and noone talks about it..Germany also pause vaccination..yes ofcourse they search it and i don't say its fatal ok??
    in Greece we gave Astra to people under 60..no elders..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-astrazenec/germany-to-halt-astrazeneca-vaccinations-health-ministry-idUSKBN2B71UM
    Sorry, there's now way that 38% of the 2.65M Covid deaths are not related to the virus. My example of a car crash was just what some people who call Covid a hoax were saying, not something that's actually happening. Same people who now are saying the vaccine is killing people left and right, its just an unsubstantiated claim.

And even if all 500 of those UK deaths were directly related to the vaccine (the odds of that are about zero), that's 500 out of 24Million, or .002%, way less than the 38% example you use about reporting of Covid deaths.
    I don't know how many are not covid, the number was just an example, but there are many and doesn't have to do if it's hoax of not..
    And for me, even one death from any vaccine, it's a crime..
    Post edited by 23scidoo on
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Everyone ages 16 and over in Ohio will be eligible to sign up for the vaccine starting March 29th 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I read that Moderna has begun its 12 and under study (6,750 subjects between 6 months old and 12 years old). Hoping all goes well and that my children can be vaccinated as soon as possible.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options

Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,243
    23scidoo said:

Banned or suspended?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    23scidoo said:

Banned or suspended?
    At the top of the meme it says suspended...I'll side with eu countries...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    In Mod-speak: A time-out :lol:
  • Options
    23scidoo said:

Banned or suspended?
    If I know right they still search on it..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,871

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647
    They should make it crystal clear that one strike and you are out = you never get to fly in the US, again.
    Fuck these people.  
    It is a rule 
    Follow it.
    Nobody cares that you disagree with the rule.
    CNN: The number of unruly passengers on US flights is too high, FAA says, so it's extending a get-tough policy on masking.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,007
    23scidoo said:
    23scidoo said:

Banned or suspended?
    If I know right they still search on it..
    Do you  propose we suspend the contraceptive pill  which  has a very well know risk of clots at a much higher number?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    See covid is a disease that CAUSES  thrombosis  many clots. Micro clots. .And please remember  its not all about deaths. 1 in 10 is a long covid sufferer. With life long scaring or organ damage. Thats alot of people if you look at the worldwide total cases. Bare in mind 1 in 3 have no symptoms.   Quite a high damage rate
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Take the vaccine, don’t take the vaccine...your choice.  I am not losing any sleep over covid or the vaccine...it’s out of most of our control.

best to focus on things one can control...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,516
    Take the vaccine, don’t take the vaccine...your choice.  I am not losing any sleep over covid or the vaccine...it’s out of most of our control.

Alternate take: 

Get the vaccine as soon as you can for the sake of the community you live in. That's something most of us will have control over at some point. 

• Options

Alternate take: 

Get the vaccine as soon as you can for the sake of the community you live in. That's something most of us will have control over at some point. 

Well guess what I have no control over when the vaccine is available...and Ill decide what goes in body, thank you...not anyone else.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    I’ve had to fly a few times during the pandemic for various reasons, most recently 6 weeks ago.  Boston Logan was a ghost town every one of those times.

Today was the longest I’ve ever waited including Pre pandemic at the JetBlue terminal.  Absolutely packed.  (Flying to my wedding today)

2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    Why do people care if others get the vaccine and how does it help the community?
    Those who want it go get it, and you’ll be protected. Those who are skeptical, fine. Your skepticism doesn’t make me sick. It’s believed you can still carry and spread Covid after getting vaccinated. So the vaccine doesn’t protect the community, it only protects the person getting it.
  • Options

Alternate take: 

Well guess what I have no control over when the vaccine is available...and Ill decide what goes in body, thank you...not anyone else.
    You clearly missed the parts where I said "as soon as you can" and "at some point". 

You are correct, you're free to decide whether or not to get a vaccine, and when you have that choice, it will be within your control. 

For the sake of your community, you should get it. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I’ve had to fly a few times during the pandemic for various reasons, most recently 6 weeks ago.  Boston Logan was a ghost town every one of those times.

Today was the longest I’ve ever waited including Pre pandemic at the JetBlue terminal.  Absolutely packed.  (Flying to my wedding today)

Congratulations :)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Why do people care if others get the vaccine and how does it help the community?
    Those who want it go get it, and you’ll be protected. Those who are skeptical, fine. Your skepticism doesn’t make me sick. It’s believed you can still carry and spread Covid after getting vaccinated. So the vaccine doesn’t protect the community, it only protects the person getting it.
    Vaccines cut down on the rate of hospitalizations. 

Fewer hospitalizations = less strain on the health care system. 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,647

This pisses me off.  People think this shit is over. 

All of the times through Logan, I guess I haven't used that checkpoint, the flags are a nice touch, I like that.

Congratulations on your wedding!  I hope it is as wonderful an event as you both imagine.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options

Congrats on the nuptials, try to forget all this bullshit if you can and enjoy yourself.
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828

Congratulations, have a blast! I hope you are able to have those who are truly important to you around you.
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

There is growing evidence that people who are vaccinated spread less, and maybe much less virus if they do get infected. A rapid immune response from vaccination leads to much lower viral load which leads to lower infectivity. It may be that there is only the potential for spread from small numbers of viral particles residing in the mouth and nose, or maybe not at all. So yes, getting vaccinated very likely helps to protect the community. 

And it can help protect you, since no vaccine provides 100% protection.

Fewer people getting sick means less strain on health care and other resources, which protects the community. It also reduces the chance of reservoirs of disease that keep getting circulated.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

There is growing evidence that people who are vaccinated spread less, and maybe much less virus if they do get infected. A rapid immune response from vaccination leads to much lower viral load which leads to lower infectivity. It may be that there is only the potential for spread from small numbers of viral particles residing in the mouth and nose, or maybe not at all. So yes, getting vaccinated very likely helps to protect the community. 

Fewer people getting sick means less strain on health care and other resources, which protects the community. It also reduces the chance of reservoirs of disease that keep getting circulated.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Perfectly put
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,059
    mace1229 said:

Cases have been trending down since mid January and not nearly enough vaccines have been administered to have that type of effect.

Any other reasons for the spike?  I show Jan 12 as the peak for the US.  I understand us heading indoors may have added to the spike but why the decline?

Asking the group as maybe you found a good article on my question.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

Cases have been trending down since mid January and not nearly enough vaccines have been administered to have that type of effect.

Any other reasons for the spike?  I show Jan 12 as the peak for the US.  I understand us heading indoors may have added to the spike but why the decline?

January 12th is 20 days after Christmas. 

I would think the spike was a result of people getting together for the holidays, which would also explain the subsequent decline as we got into February / further away from the holiday season. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

January 12th is 20 days after Christmas. 

I would think the spike was a result of people getting together for the holidays, which would also explain the subsequent decline as we got into February / further away from the holiday season. 
    Expert opinions suggest a few different reasons for the decline. One is, as you said, that the main winter holidays finished, cases peaked, and then people were not in as close contact. 

The second is that coronaviruses often have a seasonal pattern, with highest cases December and January. The reasons for this are complex and have to do both with human behaviour and viral characteristics.

The third is that the vaccines are working. They aren’t in enough people yet to stop the virus but they’re in enough for us to see an effect. 

The fourth is that there is a sizeable minority of people with some degree of immunity now from having been infected. This is no where near “herd immunity” but still helps the overall case burden. 

The last could be reduced testing. Testing numbers are down, possibly because the focus has switched to vaccination. However, positivity rate in the tests is down too, so it definitely isn’t all due to reduced testing. 
This discussion has been closed.