Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    I cannot believe people still question mask usage at this point.  There are so many real world examples to show that it is part of the near-term solution.  Plenty of big examples just in my own personal life, let alone elsewhere.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, God save it!
    What data, from what organization, reported in what way (what media) would convince you in school learning can be safe?
    In-school learning can be safe. Not here, though. Not for my family (all with comorbidities). Not by April. 

The governor lives in my town, and since he totally screwed the pooch on vax appointments (website crashed) last week, he and DESE are wagging the dog toward full in-person learning in April. 

Better than having to say, "my bad," I guess.

There's data for the general populace, then there's data for people with underlying health conditions. I follow both but admittedly one a little more closely. 

I would love nothing more for kids to get back to school in April, generally speaking, but lawfully, the town/district must provide alternatives for those who can't join the rest of the herd just yet. Or face its biggest fear: a lawsuit.

I think this makes sense.

Our board admitted that the plan to return to 4 days a week, in person, next month (not mandatory), will not see consistent 6 ft spacing when they shared this:

The District continues to use the6 feet of social distancing as the foundation for our classroom organization.

Following the survey, we will have a better idea of which classrooms will be most impacted and will not be able
    to meet the 6 feet of social distancing.

We will notify families whose children will be in classrooms where the 6 feet cannot be maintained. 

Your child has the potential to be at greater risk for being exposed to and contracting COVID-19 when Cohorts A & B are combined for the 4 day in person option.
    There is an increased risk for exposure to and contracting COVID-19 when social distancing of 6 feet is not maintained.

So....they tell people that their kids may be in classrooms where there is a greater risk.

The 6 ft distancing was enforced as much as possible throughout all return to school activities...until March.  At that point they will conduct their own experiments to see what happens when you don't keep them 6 ft apart.

Hard pass.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Re: the bold segment of your reply.....I am skeptical of most claims around contact tracing.  I accept the source as reputable, and I further accepted that the numbers shared were not ones that I would truly doubt due to the overwhelming point they have to make.
    What agenda do you assume this points to?

Virus gonna virus, huh?  Do you understand how communicable diseases work? 

The whole Lord Fauci shtick makes me look past whatever you had to say.

Did not ask for your reporting, do not feel the need to decide.

Next.
    Thanks for admitting that your freedumbs of not double masking is causing to the continuation of this virus.  You single mask therefore YOU are part of the problem.  You Trumper, go back to Q with all that single mask bullshit you are spewing in here.  This is DOUBLE mask territory.  You must be double masking when in these forums.  End sarcasm.  See, do you actually see how dumb that sounds?

If masks are so effective against communicable diseases, why have we not been wearing them, since, I don't know, the beginning of time?  If masks cured the flu this season, which if you haven't seen those numbers they are a doozy as well, then why have we not been wearing masks since the beginning.

Well golly gee, you called him Lord Fauci and you called my mask a "face diaper" so I immediately discredit everything you say.  Maybe try this video of lead epidemiologist Anthony Fauci.  Give it a listen and judge for yourself:

So, now that I am vaccinated and free, no indoor dining or entertainment, continue to wear and mask and distance, well damn lead epidemiologist Anthony Fauci, remind me again what the purpose of taking the vaccine is?

And did you care to read the article about the nuns?  Any thoughts on that?  I called them nuns and not "sisters" or any other term that would discredit me.

:sleepy:
    :murica:

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    I cannot believe people still question mask usage at this point.  There are so many real world examples to show that it is part of the near-term solution.  Plenty of big examples just in my own personal life, let alone elsewhere.

Masks working is an inconvenient truth.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Gee, I don't know why anyone would question wearing the mask.  Our very own Lead Epidemiologist Anthony Fauci himself has flip flopped so many times on mask usage it is hard to know what to trust.  See the thread on the last page.

Maybe the Danish Mask Study found here is why people doubt the effectiveness of masks...  https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Maybe it is the countless examples of our very own political leaders going against their own advice...  Pelosi at the hair salon...  This from Newsom the other day...  I mean, the nerve of this guy...

Maybe it's the fact that the recommendation is now to wear TWO masks because one is not that effective.  I mean seriously, when does it stop?  If two is better, am I not wrong to assume 4 is going to be pretty damn close to perfect?

Maybe it's the fact that states that have masked harder and locked down harder are doing worse than states that have not.  Would that not prove masks have hardly any effect?

I think there are plenty of reasons for people to doubt mask usage, no?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just found out that my wife and I get our first Pfizer vaccination shot this Thursday!

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

I'm in NJ and  my 82 year old Mom hasn't got  her first shot. I signed her up about 2 weeks ago, after trying for 3 weeks or so. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how this is getting done? A friend of mine who's 81 , and retired, has already got both his shots.  A friends-Friend , who is 66, and retired, got both of his shots too. 

Damn, how could that be?  Is her group eligible, there just isnt an appointment open?
    I am in 1C but not eligible yet.  A neighbor is 1C and for some reason is eligible (she had some health issues in the past) but is younger than me...although she is driving 45 mins to a spot that had openings.
    Good question because, like I said, I know a friend of mine who's a year younger(81) then my mom(82) and he's retired and has no underlying health issues. I'd have to think her group is eligible since my friend got his shots, and their both in the same Group. 

My friends friend who is 66, retired, no underlying issues, has gotten both of his shots too. GREAT for them, but I admit I have no clue how it's being done in NJ. 

What Group is in 1C ? 

This is for NJ...your mom would be in Individuals at High Risk - 1B

Individuals aged 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include:

• Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
    • Down Syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
    • Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2)
    • Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2)
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking
    • Type 2 diabetes mellitus

Healthcare Personnel (Phase 1A)
    Long-Term Care Residents and Staff (Phase 1A)
    First Responders (Phase 1B)
    Individuals at High Risk (Phase 1B)
    Additional essential workers (Phases 1B and/or 1C)
    Additional individuals at high risk (Phases 1B and/or 1C)
    General population (Phase 2)

Not sure how I fit into 1C.  My company is considered essential, but I did not check any boxes in the form that would make me think they looked at that....I think it was the "have you ever been a smoker", which is garbage.  I was a light smoker for years but quit a year and a half ago...and someone could click yet to that but not have had a smoke in 20 years.
    This was the only answer I gave which would put me in any potential high risk zone, but they had a bunch of questions in that section where you had one box to click Yes or No.

Since they appear to be tiers to each phase, I would think my appointment options would not be available until late in 1C.

For your mom, though, she should be able to schedule now.  Signing up is one thing (did you/she get an email confirming group?  I can share the link to sign up to make sure it is the same one I did) but then once you are eligible I think you need to hunt for a place where you want to try and get a shot and work their system to get an appointment.

Good luck!  She should be able to do it now...but if it is crowded in her area she may need to go somewhere less crowded.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I would think she should be able to do it now too. She says she's in no hurry and that when they get back to her then she'll get it.

This is the email response I got after I registered her on Feb 11th.

What Happens Next?

You will receive a notification like this when additional vaccine appointments become available, provided you are eligible based on the State of New Jersey's phased approach to vaccine rollout.

When that notification arrives, it will include a personalized link inviting you to select a day and time for your vaccine appointment. Please note: this link will only be valid for 24 hours. Also, receiving a link does not guarantee you will receive an appointment during that round of scheduling.

Please do not become concerned if you do not receive an alert or an appointment right away. Vaccines are in high demand and supplies are presently limited. All New Jersey residents will receive the opportunity for vaccination in time.

Thank you for your patience and support. We look forward to providing you with the long-awaited COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.

• Options
    Does posting a tweet make a post better?
    Could post this moron's ridiculous take - does that make my post more credible?

• Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just found out that my wife and I get our first Pfizer vaccination shot this Thursday!

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

I'm in NJ and  my 82 year old Mom hasn't got  her first shot. I signed her up about 2 weeks ago, after trying for 3 weeks or so. Seems to be no rhyme or reason how this is getting done? A friend of mine who's 81 , and retired, has already got both his shots.  A friends-Friend , who is 66, and retired, got both of his shots too. 

Damn, how could that be?  Is her group eligible, there just isnt an appointment open?
    I am in 1C but not eligible yet.  A neighbor is 1C and for some reason is eligible (she had some health issues in the past) but is younger than me...although she is driving 45 mins to a spot that had openings.
    Good question because, like I said, I know a friend of mine who's a year younger(81) then my mom(82) and he's retired and has no underlying health issues. I'd have to think her group is eligible since my friend got his shots, and their both in the same Group. 

My friends friend who is 66, retired, no underlying issues, has gotten both of his shots too. GREAT for them, but I admit I have no clue how it's being done in NJ. 

What Group is in 1C ? 

Individuals aged 65 and older, and individuals ages 16-64 with medical conditions, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, that increase the risk of severe illness from the virus. These conditions include:

• Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • Down Syndrome
    • Heart conditions, such as heart failure, coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking

Not sure how I fit into 1C.  My company is considered essential, but I did not check any boxes in the form that would make me think they looked at that....I think it was the "have you ever been a smoker", which is garbage.  I was a light smoker for years but quit a year and a half ago...and someone could click yet to that but not have had a smoke in 20 years.
    This was the only answer I gave which would put me in any potential high risk zone, but they had a bunch of questions in that section where you had one box to click Yes or No.

Since they appear to be tiers to each phase, I would think my appointment options would not be available until late in 1C.

For your mom, though, she should be able to schedule now.  Signing up is one thing (did you/she get an email confirming group?  I can share the link to sign up to make sure it is the same one I did) but then once you are eligible I think you need to hunt for a place where you want to try and get a shot and work their system to get an appointment.

Good luck!  She should be able to do it now...but if it is crowded in her area she may need to go somewhere less crowded.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I would think she should be able to do it now too. She says she's in no hurry and that when they get back to her then she'll get it.

What Happens Next?

You will receive a notification like this when additional vaccine appointments become available, provided you are eligible based on the State of New Jersey's phased approach to vaccine rollout.

When that notification arrives, it will include a personalized link inviting you to select a day and time for your vaccine appointment. Please note: this link will only be valid for 24 hours. Also, receiving a link does not guarantee you will receive an appointment during that round of scheduling.

Please do not become concerned if you do not receive an alert or an appointment right away. Vaccines are in high demand and supplies are presently limited. All New Jersey residents will receive the opportunity for vaccination in time.

Thank you for your patience and support. We look forward to providing you with the long-awaited COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible.

If you want her to get one sooner I believe you can look up places and add her name to any lists available. 
    Could be wrong but I think this can be done, based on what my in-laws did.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

What Group is in 1C ? 

• Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • Down Syndrome
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking

Thanks for the info.

What Happens Next?

If you want her to get one sooner I believe you can look up places and add her name to any lists available. 
    OK, thanks for that info.

She doesn't live far from where I registered her, and like I said she's in no hurry(she's not anti-vaxer). I want her to get ASAP more then she does>HAHA
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Good news!
    That is GOOD news!!

What Group is in 1C ? 

• Cancer
    • Chronic kidney disease
    • Down Syndrome
    • Sickle cell disease
    • Smoking

Thanks for the info.

What Happens Next?

OK, thanks for that info.

She doesn't live far from where I registered her, and like I said she's in no hurry(she's not anti-vaxer). I want her to get ASAP more then she does>HAHA

Understand that -- my wife's family lives in Vineland and they were waiting for the update.  They had friends tell them they already have the shot and my M-I-L started calling placed around and found a CVS that had appointments and added them to their schedule.

As with most things in life, there are faster ways to get things done if you feel the need to work harder for them.

I know some people are not concerned about when they get them.
  • Options

How dare you call a female a moron?  I mean, how freaking insensitive of you, you chauvinist pig.  I am reporting you to the mods.  End sarcasm.  Not really, whatever.  Your post however did not address my point that every tweet I post has the actual data or article linked to it.  I realize anyone with a pulse can have a Twitter and some opinions are not like others.  What I post and what I hold in higher regard actually has the info linked.  Hope that helps you chauvinistic pig you!
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    dankind said:
    dankind said:
    The Commonwealth of Massachusetts, God save it!
    What data, from what organization, reported in what way (what media) would convince you in school learning can be safe?
    In-school learning can be safe. Not here, though. Not for my family (all with comorbidities). Not by April. 

The governor lives in my town, and since he totally screwed the pooch on vax appointments (website crashed) last week, he and DESE are wagging the dog toward full in-person learning in April. 

Better than having to say, "my bad," I guess.

There's data for the general populace, then there's data for people with underlying health conditions. I follow both but admittedly one a little more closely. 

I would love nothing more for kids to get back to school in April, generally speaking, but lawfully, the town/district must provide alternatives for those who can't join the rest of the herd just yet. Or face its biggest fear: a lawsuit.

I think this makes sense.

Our board admitted that the plan to return to 4 days a week, in person, next month (not mandatory), will not see consistent 6 ft spacing when they shared this:

The District continues to use the6 feet of social distancing as the foundation for our classroom organization.

Following the survey, we will have a better idea of which classrooms will be most impacted and will not be able
    to meet the 6 feet of social distancing.

We will notify families whose children will be in classrooms where the 6 feet cannot be maintained. 

Your child has the potential to be at greater risk for being exposed to and contracting COVID-19 when Cohorts A & B are combined for the 4 day in person option.
    There is an increased risk for exposure to and contracting COVID-19 when social distancing of 6 feet is not maintained.

So....they tell people that their kids may be in classrooms where there is a greater risk.

The 6 ft distancing was enforced as much as possible throughout all return to school activities...until March.  At that point they will conduct their own experiments to see what happens when you don't keep them 6 ft apart.

Hard pass.

Yeah. We got a letter from our district last week asking if we'd keep our kids enrolled in hybrid if they scaled distancing back to three feet.

Both of my kids said that they won't go to school if they reduce distancing to three feet.

I can't wait for the school committee Zoom meeting tonight! Always a gas gas gas.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    edited February 2021
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/02/24/jj-singledose-covid19-shot-poised-for-fda-decision

Huge news today.  Johnson and Johnson vaccine which is only 1 shot and could be shipped all over the world without difficult storage conditions, decided by regulators today (initial reports came out a few weeks ago)

66% effective in preventing symptoms
    85% effective in preventing severe disease
    100% effective preventing hospitalization and death

Incredible
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    https://www.mprnews.org/story/2021/02/24/jj-singledose-covid19-shot-poised-for-fda-decision

Huge news today.  Johnson and Johnson vaccine which is only 1 shot and could be shipped all over the world without difficult storage conditions, decided by regulators today (initial reports came out a few weeks ago)

66% effective in preventing symptoms
    85% effective in preventing severe disease
    100% effective preventing hospitalization and death

Incredible

100% effective preventing hospitalization and death sounds amazing.

• Options
    House Democrats providing a reminder to DOUBLE MASK you degenerates!  Anybody care to admit they double mask by the way or do we not truly believe in the science like we put on here?  

• Options
    Tell me this is not about control again....

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ^ I was forced to double mask a few weeks ago for a routine Dr. visit.  I had on my own KN95 and they mandated that I either use their cheap, surgical mask solely or I could put it on over my KN95.  I wasn't about to toss the brand new KN95 that was a much better mask to begin with, so I doubled up.  Let me tell you; it was very uncomfortable.  I could breathe, but it was definitely uncomfortable and restrictive. 
  • Options
    @bbiggs Thank you very much for your honest answer!  I do not see you much in here, in general what is your stance on masking, or covid in general?
  • Options

How dare you call a female a moron?  I mean, how freaking insensitive of you, you chauvinist pig.  I am reporting you to the mods.  End sarcasm.  Not really, whatever.  Your post however did not address my point that every tweet I post has the actual data or article linked to it.  I realize anyone with a pulse can have a Twitter and some opinions are not like others.  What I post and what I hold in higher regard actually has the info linked.  Hope that helps you chauvinistic pig you!

Sorry, posting all of the Alex Berenson stuff sours me on clicking/reading through your tweet shares.
    I can appreciate that you have sources for what you think at the same time as not giving credence to the opinion of AB fans.

If you would prefer clown emojis I can do that.

Sorry, I forgot that I needed to put a twitter share in most of my posts to make myself more credible.

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Double masker here. Care to shame me?
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited February 2021
    dankind said:
    Double masker here. Care to shame me?
    Not at all.  Glad you stand firm in your beliefs.

Edited to add, a question though.  What are your thoughts on single maskers?
    Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    Posts questioning mask usage based on recommendations provided almost a year ago aren’t worth a response.  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    @gvn2fly1421 I thought the reason to still socially distance and masking up after getting the vaccine is the worry that you could be a silent spreader still and could be helping in keeping it circulating in your community that the majority has yet to be vaccinated. Unless I missed it there is no data out there that says being vaccinated stops you from being a spreader but does stop you from getting sick enough to be hospitalized or die. 

Hearing Fauci say the US will have to keep wearing masks until 2022 is frustrating to see. If makes no sense if the US has herd immunity as they are projecting way before then. 
    There is increasing data that suggests that people who have been immunized are far less likely to spread COVID. We don’t have definitive results yet but several recent observational studies and one or two studies looking at things like viral load suggest that transmission is also significantly reduced. If this holds true as we get more data then things will look a lot better for stopping wearing masks. 
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    edited February 2021
    Posts questioning mask usage based on recommendations provided almost a year ago aren’t worth a response.  
    Ahh, yes, good point!  Early on we were ALL a little all over the place.  

Care to address the Danish mask study published November 20th?  https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Or maybe the two week old recommendation to double mask by Lead Epidemiologist Anthony Fauci because "it just makes common sense"?  https://www.cnet.com/health/should-you-wear-two-masks-to-prevent-covid-19/

Honest question, if "it just makes common sense" now, would it have not "just made common sense" two months ago?  Four months ago?  Are all of these 500,000 plus deaths on the hands of Anthony Fauci because he withheld this common sense information?

Post edited by gvn2fly1421 on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,087
    Gee, I don't know why anyone would question wearing the mask.  Our very own Lead Epidemiologist Anthony Fauci himself has flip flopped so many times on mask usage it is hard to know what to trust.  See the thread on the last page.

Maybe the Danish Mask Study found here is why people doubt the effectiveness of masks...  https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-6817

Maybe it is the countless examples of our very own political leaders going against their own advice...  Pelosi at the hair salon...  This from Newsom the other day...  I mean, the nerve of this guy...

Maybe it's the fact that the recommendation is now to wear TWO masks because one is not that effective.  I mean seriously, when does it stop?  If two is better, am I not wrong to assume 4 is going to be pretty damn close to perfect?

Maybe it's the fact that states that have masked harder and locked down harder are doing worse than states that have not.  Would that not prove masks have hardly any effect?

You still questioning masks huh? Welcome to the wrong side of history...and data of course. Have fun with your weird fascination with fauci though. Build a statue made out of unused masks.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Moderna announced today that it is beginning clinical trials on an adapted version of its vaccine targeted against one of the variant forms of the virus. They have reportedly produced enough to test in volunteers, and will be trying to work out what format and mix of dosing will be most  effective.

It’s great news that they have been able to produce an adapted vaccine candidate so quickly - definitely encouraging, as we face more and more variants, and one of the big pluses of the mRNA vaccines. 

In related news, the FDA announced this week that variants of the vaccine do not need to go through the full approval process again, but rather can go through a process similar to that of the seasonal influenza vaccine. 

• Options

You still questioning masks huh? Welcome to the wrong side of history...and data of course. Have fun with your weird fascination with fauci though. Build a statue made out of unused masks.

How many masks are you currently wearing Cincy?  And by currently I mean when in public or around others?
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    House Democrats providing a reminder to DOUBLE MASK you degenerates!  Anybody care to admit they double mask by the way or do we not truly believe in the science like we put on here?  

I thought you're opposed to even wearing a single mask. What's your point? 

On your prior point about 'flip-flopping' - I'm an advocate for making the best decisions by aggregating the best verifiable data available. I want someone who responds to the data as it comes in, and as they're disproven by learning more facts and aggregating more data, they are amenable to modifying their stance by seeing the proof. If you want someone making decisions with an outdated perspective of reality, that's your prerogative.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    @bbiggs Thank you very much for your honest answer!  I do not see you much in here, in general what is your stance on masking, or covid in general?
    Well, in the case of my post specifically about being forced to double mask over a KN95, I disagreed with it.  The reason is that I have read that double masking when using a KN95 or N95 is not recommended.  This was from Dr. Fauci himself, if I remember correctly (no I do not have the link).  My stance on Covid and masking has been pretty consistent since the beginning, so I'll touch on the main points, since you asked.  Mask (single mask wearer here), social distance, wash hand/ sanitize.  If you do those three things and use good judgement, go out and enjoy life to the best of your ability.  Also, I have been an advocate for kids being in the classroom and participating in sports, assuming all are done safely.  Finally, I have avoided in restaurant dining and gyms, though I do have a hard time understanding how gyms are safe and restaurants are not.  As numbers continue to improve, I'll go back to dining in on occasion as long as proper safety protocols are being used.  Oh, one more thing.  I do find that the goal posts have been moved frequently (often times by hypocritical politicians), and at times, without supporting scientific data.  That part bothers me.  That's about all I have to offer.  A bunch of opinions that some will agree with and some won't. 

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,231
    benjs said:

I thought you're opposed to even wearing a single mask. What's your point? 

On your prior point about 'flip-flopping' - I'm an advocate for making the best decisions by aggregating the best verifiable data available. I want someone who responds to the data as it comes in, and as they're disproven by learning more facts and aggregating more data, they are amenable to modifying their stance by seeing the proof. If you want someone making decisions with an outdated perspective of reality, that's your prerogative.
    Thanks @benjs for taking the time to explain this because most of us don't have the energy or patience for it anymore.
    It's a hopeless situation...
This discussion has been closed.