Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,444
    edited November 2020
    tish said:
    Ordring masks tomorrow. Washable. Sweden is gonna be rough soon. Maybe throw in some of those healthcare ones:

The washable ones my daughter has are 2 layers with a mid section for a filter. It came with 2.5pm filters which is good for smoke. I now cut KN 95 masks and insert that as a filter in these small masks with ear loop holes that tighten as a good fit is as important as the 3 layers. I might buy disposable 3 layer kid sized mask, but thus far, I have little waste and wash her masks daily when she brings them home in a paper bag. 
    I NEED TO THINK ABOUT LAYERS?

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is everyone’s thoughts on getting together with family on Thanksgiving?
    cases in the US are going to be INSANE in the two weeks after Thanksgiving. americans are nuts about their thanksgiving. and what about black friday? people going to be coughing on each other to try to steal that tv. 
    Thanksgiving eve has historically also been one of/the busiest night for bars and nightclubs in America.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Sweden has reached the "milestone" of 6000 dead. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    Hmm, 0.06% of the population?  Getting close to USA levels and that aint good.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    EMERGENCY LOCKDOWN IN PARTS OF DENMARK.

The mutated virus strain from minks (DON'T WEAR FUCKING FUR) is spreading.

The mutation is posing a big risk for the vaccin - it could be useless if tis new one takes hold.
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    No way my friend  . Do not risk family
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^ Which body part do you towel off first after a shower? 
    i made my family gag when i recently realized, out loud, my showering routine. 

face is last. 

ass is second last. 

I'm basically A2M-ing myself every day. LOL
    This fuckin killed me . I am laughing  very much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    A2M-ing
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I'll be staying home till christmas. Lock myself down. And then at christmas I will stay at my moms place watching Sylvester Stallone movies with her.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,044
    tish said:
    ^ Which body part do you towel off first after a shower? 
    i made my family gag when i recently realized, out loud, my showering routine. 

face is last. 

ass is second last. 

I'm basically A2M-ing myself every day. LOL
    This fuckin killed me . I am laughing  very much
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    We are 60.000
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,153
    mcgruff10 said:
    No way my friend  . Do not risk family
    My family had planned to fly to my dad's who we hadn't seen in a while.  We are big believers in the safety protocol (masks, etc) and believe it could be safe.  But with the recent uptick, we don't want to risk it with my dad.  We cannot guarantee.  My daughter also dances and they do so without masks though socially distanced.  My wife and I work and even travel for work, we wear masks 100% at work and in public.  But we could not guarantee.  And, with all the idiots out there unwilling to wear masks, we can't control them.  So we cancelled.  Everyone is bummed, but the right thing to do for higher risk individuals.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    We are 60.000
    Crazy when you think about it. People just disappearing like this.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    I'll be staying home till christmas. Lock myself down. And then at christmas I will stay at my moms place watching Sylvester Stallone movies with her.
    Over the top?
    Rhinestone?
    (Actually I like Rhinestone)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Over the top?
    Rhinestone?
    Over the top, is that the one with the arm wrestling? Would like to re-watch that one.

We watched Cliffhanger this summer, so that one won't happen again.

Demolition Man is an option. Cop Land I would like to rewatch. 

Maybe...

...Stop, or my mom will shoot...

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,795
    Ha.
    Demolition Man is always good
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    Over the top?
    Rhinestone?
    Over the top, is that the one with the arm wrestling? Would like to re-watch that one.

We watched Cliffhanger this summer, so that one won't happen. 

Demolition Man is an option. Cop Land I would like to rewatch. 

Maybe...

...Stop, or my mom will shoot...

F.I.S.T. featuring the film debut of Cole Dammett

https://youtu.be/R0xqqEHBy3I
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    We are 60.000
    Crazy when you think about it. People just disappearing like this.
    Its  very bad. More so because  actual people i am related to  lost patents and then i have a half brother that deny the virus basically. 
    We are as fucked as the u s a.
    I know 4 people dead from it . It fucks me up the level of knckle headedness in my own world
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    If i were you take it serious . Even if your country  isn't.  Thank  me later. Be ahead of the trend with knowledge 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    We’ll probably just spend the holidays with my wife’s parents. They’re the only people we’ve seen consistently since the virus hit. Plus, they live 10 minutes away, so that’s easy. 

It’ll be strange not seeing my mom, siblings and their kids.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,922
    edited November 2020
    mfc2006 said:
    We’ll probably just spend the holidays with my wife’s parents. They’re the only people we’ve seen consistently since the virus hit. Plus, they live 10 minutes away, so that’s easy. 

It’ll be strange not seeing my mom, siblings and their kids.
    Good plan ^, imo.

After Canadian Thanksgiving, BC limited household gatherings to 6 people showing this is where infection is mostly occurring. (Plus, they want to keep larger business open that have more square footage for people.) In smaller households, lessen the numbers!

At the beginning of this pandemic, a Mc.OP warned us all about his neighbours  large family who shared dinner. Many contracted the disease, died, or had horrible recoveries on ventilators. Now our LondonOP shares he knows four dead, and warns that we take this seriously. 

I did not host a big family Thanksgiving this year. I fed 3 starving, drug-addicted people instead. 
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    I had a Thanksgiving dinner for just my parents, who live locally. We still hope that my brother and his family can come over for Christmas but who knows? At this point I am being more cautious than my parents, who are both in their 80s. They are sometimes eating out in restaurants, something I am not doing right now. I know they they’ll want to see my brother, SIL and their kids; I’m just not sure my brother will feel comfortable coming over 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    tish said:
    Ordring masks tomorrow. Washable. Sweden is gonna be rough soon. Maybe throw in some of those healthcare ones:

The washable ones my daughter has are 2 layers with a mid section for a filter. It came with 2.5pm filters which is good for smoke. I now cut KN 95 masks and insert that as a filter in these small masks with ear loop holes that tighten as a good fit is as important as the 3 layers. I might buy disposable 3 layer kid sized mask, but thus far, I have little waste and wash her masks daily when she brings them home in a paper bag. 

Dude, what part of 3-layer non-medical mask did you miss? Learn the words: non-woven polypropylene.

Edit: (b/c I'm feeling a bit spunkee) You don't cover your d@ck with Saran Wrap to prevent AIDS?
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    tish said:
    tish said:

Dude, what part of 3-layer non-medical mask did you miss? Learn the words: non-woven polypropylene.
    Okey, because of you all having learned "ombudsman" I will learn it.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,356
    tish said:
    tish said:

You don't cover your d@ck with Saran Wrap?

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Awesome, Love ya, Poncerella!
  • Options
    Order your christmas presents early this year. Gonna be a lot of online orders...
    Done and done! Tree is up too, with new decorations to match the renovation/decorations that Covid inspired. I even decorated the backyard patio for the neighbourhood kid posse. Santa is bringing a big air hockey table to add to the outdoor fun around here.That was fun to hide...
  • Options
    tish said:
    Order your christmas presents early this year. Gonna be a lot of online orders...
    Done and done! Tree is up too, with new decorations to match the renovation/decorations that Covid inspired. I even decorated the backyard patio for the neighbourhood kid posse. Santa is bringing a big air hockey table to add to the outdoor fun around here.That was fun to hide...
    One tradition here (that my family always have gone by) is to dress the tree on the 23rd (we celebrate christmas on the 24th in Sweden). 

Some bring it in and dress it earlier... but haven't heard of anyone doing it before december.
  • Options
    Well, it all started with, hmmm... I think I'll put up the outdoor lights while it's nice out...

Usually, Halloween decorations go down and X-mas goes up. This Nov/Dec I am avoiding indoor shopping areas as much as possible. 
  • Options
    tish said:
    One tradition here (that my family always have gone by) is to dress the tree on the 23rd (we celebrate christmas on the 24th in Sweden). 

Some bring it in and dress it earlier... but haven't heard of anyone doing it before december.

Right after Thanksgiving, in the last week of Nov is a common time in the US where you see people driving with trees tied to their car roofs, bringing them home to decorate.

I am all for having them early except they turn into a fire hazard.  2 years ago the tree was not secured properly and flew off the roof while we were driving. 
    I played frogger running out to get it and drag it back to the side of the road.
    Ruined, since it has been hit run over by then.
This discussion has been closed.