Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,831
    Came down with multiple symptoms yesterday including a fever. Thought I call my doctor and go get tested in the afternoon or evening. Nope. Earliest test I could get is Thursday at noon. The doctor said the testing centers in the Twin Cities are overwhelmed. Laying in bed today. No fever today and can still taste and smell, so I’m taking that as a good sign that it’s a regular cold.
    That's awful.  I wonder if there's a reason. I got tested in May two hours after I looked into it.  Maybe there are more symptoms (coughs, etc.) after the cold weather came?

1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    the mother of one of my daughter's closest friends is positive. fuck. 
    That sucks. I hope the friend and your daughter remain ok. Well I also hope the mother gets better! ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    My boss tested positive about a week ago and she is having a terrible time with it. Her husband and kids have recovered fine.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,584
    Far from good here, 2646 cases today..on the way to lockdown for all country..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,409
    nicknyr15 said:
    Came down with multiple symptoms yesterday including a fever. Thought I call my doctor and go get tested in the afternoon or evening. Nope. Earliest test I could get is Thursday at noon. The doctor said the testing centers in the Twin Cities are overwhelmed. Laying in bed today. No fever today and can still taste and smell, so I’m taking that as a good sign that it’s a regular cold.
    Any body aches?
    Yesterday my joints hurt. Had a rotten headache too. Today not so much.
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,409
    OnWis97 said:
    That's awful.  I wonder if there's a reason. I got tested in May two hours after I looked into it.  Maybe there are more symptoms (coughs, etc.) after the cold weather came?

I think that’s reasonable. Allergies as well. I know that was my first thought when I woke up yesterday.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,722
    Hang in there scoobyskidude! Be well Jenny!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,584
    tish said:
    Hang in there scoobyskidude! Be well Jenny!
    Thank you, you too..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    nicknyr15 said:
    Any body aches?
    Yesterday my joints hurt. Had a rotten headache too. Today not so much.
    These symptoms  are what my friend had 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just got test number two because of a coworker who I work with tested positive.  Rapid results are negative, waiting on the other one.  
    Damn that sucks to have to go through this specially you a teacher! It’s absurd that this country can’t get this under control..
    mcgruff10 said:
    Just got test number two because of a coworker who I work with tested positive.  Rapid results are negative, waiting on the other one.  
    Damn that sucks to have to go through this specially you a teacher! It’s absurd that this country can’t get this under control..
    Lots of other countries are seeing cases go up...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    My second test just came back negative.  Masks work!!!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,792
    mcgruff10 said:

Great news, McG!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,954
    edited November 2020
    brianlux said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Great news, McG!
    Thanks Bri!  I was really really nervous about this one; two people that I was close to last Friday tested positive.  (talked to one person for about five to ten minutes and was with the other person for over four hours.)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    Nice!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    mcgruff10 said:
    Keep calm and masks on!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Ordring masks tomorrow. Washable. Sweden is gonna be rough soon. Maybe throw in some of those healthcare ones:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,132
    mcgruff10 said:
    Spread the news, not the Covid!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,183
    i just came back from a hospital i have not visited since everything shut down in march. they are now having to have 2 covid patients per room for the first time ever. before this week all covid patients had their own rooms. this is not a good sign for st louis county.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    i just came back from a hospital i have not visited since everything shut down in march. they are now having to have 2 covid patients per room for the first time ever. before this week all covid patients had their own rooms. this is not a good sign for st louis county.
    Ugh. Not a good sign at all. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    nope. and we just reelected our governor who refuses to do anything in the way of a mask mandate or shutting anything down. we are gonna drown in the rona here. my teammate just called me and said his sister and now his father are both positive.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    nope. and we just reelected our governor who refuses to do anything in the way of a mask mandate or shutting anything down. we are gonna drown in the rona here. my teammate just called me and said his sister and now his father are both positive.
    Parson is a fucking idiot. Cases are rising here as well. Stay safe, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    Parson is a fucking idiot. Cases are rising here as well. Stay safe, man!
    yes he is. i can't believe he won.

acutually i can because missouruh, but yeah.

thanks man, you too!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ridiculous. Keep safe as you can. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I guess that makes it ok that we’ve screwed the pooch on this yay let’s keep it going and see how many Americans can die! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    thanks! you too!

remember, it is best to look out for ourselves, because fewer and fewer people are taking the precautions to protect others. 10 miles west of me is basically the wild west. you go into a restaurant there with a mask on and maskless people look at you like you have 3 heads.

i hope everyone keeps safe.

• Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,207
    hedonist said:
    thanks! you too!

remember, it is best to look out for ourselves, because fewer and fewer people are taking the precautions to protect others. 10 miles west of me is basically the wild west. you go into a restaurant there with a mask on and maskless people look at you like you have 3 heads.

i hope everyone keeps safe.
    What is this "restaurant" thing that you speak of? My head is a bit foggy, but I think I remember enjoying those on occasion way back in early 2020.
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    So I guess that makes it ok that we’ve screwed the pooch on this yay let’s keep it going and see how many Americans can die! 
    Where the fuck did I say it was ok?  Holy fuck chill.  It’s the nature of pandemics... have you ever pointed the finger at China...you know the place where you get your 199 dollar 900” TVs from...it was that shit hole  country that failed to be truthful and let the world know .... personally that is who is at fault for this whole mess...but I get it,  you need cheap shit...so let’s not hold China accountable.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Where the fuck did I say it was ok?  Holy fuck chill.  It’s the nature of pandemics... have you ever pointed the finger at China...you know the place where you get your 199 dollar 900” TVs from...it was that shit hole  country that failed to be truthful and let the world know .... personally that is who is at fault for this whole mess...but I get it,  you need cheap shit...so let’s not hold China accountable.
    Wrong we had plenty of warning here the idiot in chief failed to heed the warning! Yes China has shit regulations on their wet markets no doubt but with a leader that really cares about all its citizens he could of saved thousands of lives! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,684
    Blame China!
    (Riiight.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,894
    positive case in my daughter's class. fuck. probably her friend who's mom has/had it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

This discussion has been closed.