Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,094
    OnWis97 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    positive case in my daughter's class. fuck. probably her friend who's mom has/had it. 
    Stay positive my friend.  
    i'm really hoping not. but i think i know what you meant. LOL
    ha ha.  That came out so wrong lol.  stay healthy and think positive thoughts!

As a Seinfeld fan, I'm reminded of when George got a test result back. "NEGATIVE?! Ahhh. How much time do I have doc?  What? Oh; negative is good..."
    (Note even close to the exact phrasing, but you get the gist)
    negative? no no NO NO NO WHY? WHY? what...? negative is good? of course! how stupid of me! thank you doctor! thank you!
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    PJPOWER said:
    Ok so it came from a lab or it came from a dirty wet market, how does that help us to fight this pandemic? Infections are totally out of control here in America..
    Social distance, mask and hand washing and if you need a politician to tell you that then perhaps that’s the problem...personally I could care a less what politicians say...I listen to the health experts...

I could care a less what Biden or trump say...

but remember us citizens love to scream freedom...no matter who the potus.  The us is one fucked up country.  Glad I don’t live there.
    Your preaching to the congregation here, I’ve worn a mask since last March and haven’t been anywhere but my local supermarket & visit only my parents but I agree American is a fucked up nation C19 is not even in the radar anymore..
    It is “preaching to the choir” I believe :). Preaching to the congregation is just...preaching.  
    Our hospitals are flooded and they are saying not to get in a wreck because there are no ambulances, but nothing looks much different in everyone’s daily lives otherwise.  Still a ton of people having gatherings and stuff even though everyone’s grandparents are dying.  It’s frightening where the numbers are now and seems the snowball effect is in full play.  At this point I’m just waiting my turn, even though I try to take all of the recommended precautions.  I still have to go to work, though.  I found myself thinking “at least we got our Will in place” the other day.  The fact that “positive” thought actually relieved some stress and worry was a little morbid and frightening by itself.  Hope everyone has their Wills in place, because there is no controlling this in the US now.  Fasten your seatbelts.  
    Choir yes I was feeling spiritual for a second there felt like I was in church lol , I’m not waiting for my turn no way I’m being cautious all the time not letting up! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    mcgruff10 said:
    What is everyone’s thoughts on getting together with family on Thanksgiving?
    cases in the US are going to be INSANE in the two weeks after Thanksgiving. americans are nuts about their thanksgiving. and what about black friday? people going to be coughing on each other to try to steal that tv. 

For months, my employer's official stance was "nobody is back into the office until at least Thanksgiving." My thought was, there's no way that I'll be there until at least mid-January with Thanksgiving and Christmas going on.  (We were recently told June is the earliest possible, which will keep me out of the office for at least 14 months!)

I'm wondering about that. I think it's going to be a shit show.  Thanksgiving is my wife and I visiting my mom (in town) and then her parents over the weekend (and two nights in a hotel). No extended family and no elaborate meals.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    @Halifax2TheMax is the tooth fairy and elf on the shelf also canceled?!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    my girls begged us for years for elf on the shelf. no way i was going to be able to keep that shit going, moving that fucker around the house every night. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,955
    ^Scary news, freaking! I expect that at one point as well.
  • Options
    Ordring masks tomorrow. Washable. Sweden is gonna be rough soon. Maybe throw in some of those healthcare ones:

The washable ones my daughter has are 2 layers with a mid section for a filter. It came with 2.5pm filters which is good for smoke. I now cut KN 95 masks and insert that as a filter in these small masks with ear loop holes that tighten as a good fit is as important as the 3 layers. I might buy disposable 3 layer kid sized mask, but thus far, I have little waste and wash her masks daily when she brings them home in a paper bag. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mcgruff10 said:
    my girls begged us for years for elf on the shelf. no way i was going to be able to keep that shit going, moving that fucker around the house every night. 
    I just bought into the elf on shelf. Probably the last year kid will be a believer. Tooth fairy is coming tonight! 
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    You had to ask?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    mcgruff10 said:

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    ^ Which body part do you towel off first after a shower? 
  • Options
    tish said:
    i made my family gag when i recently realized, out loud, my showering routine. 

face is last. 

ass is second last. 

I'm basically A2M-ing myself every day. LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,042
    mcgruff10 said:
    cases in the US are going to be INSANE in the two weeks after Thanksgiving. americans are nuts about their thanksgiving. and what about black friday? people going to be coughing on each other to try to steal that tv. 
    I don't think black Friday will be happening. At least not in person. Will be mostly online this year. Black Friday is so stupid anyway. Who wants to wait in like for 8 hours to save $100 on last year's TV? Apparently a lot of people. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    I don't think black Friday will be happening. At least not in person. Will be mostly online this year. Black Friday is so stupid anyway. Who wants to wait in like for 8 hours to save $100 on last year's TV? Apparently a lot of people. 
    agreed. never done it. never will do it. never boxing day shopped either. not worth it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2020
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    agreed. never done it. never will do it. never boxing day shopped either. not worth it. 
    What's boxing day?
    O, like Christmas Eve and wrap it up that day?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,378
    tish said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3buEelLrjZ4
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's boxing day?
    what's boxing day??? you don't have boxing day? it's kind of like the canadian version of the extra day off you get after thanksgiving. it has always had crazy sales where people get up at 3am and wait in line at best buy in -40 and blizzards to get a cheap tv. i've had family members go to bed early christmas night to get ready for it. 

i don't leave the house on boxing day. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's boxing day?
    what's boxing day??? you don't have boxing day? it's kind of like the canadian version of the extra day off you get after thanksgiving. it has always had crazy sales where people get up at 3am and wait in line at best buy in -40 and blizzards to get a cheap tv. i've had family members go to bed early christmas night to get ready for it. 

Never heard of that. Its like black Friday, but the day after Christmas? Yeah, we don't do that here. 
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's boxing day?

Never heard of that. Its like black Friday, but the day after Christmas? Yeah, we don't do that here. 
    exactly
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I go to bed early on Christmas, but only because I was up until 3 AM putting together toys and bikes and stuff. I swear more during the hours of midnight-3 AM Christmas morning than the rest of the year combined. 
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    Boxing Day?  Is there historical significance?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,157
    tish said:
    Ordring masks tomorrow. Washable. Sweden is gonna be rough soon. Maybe throw in some of those healthcare ones:

The washable ones my daughter has are 2 layers with a mid section for a filter. It came with 2.5pm filters which is good for smoke. I now cut KN 95 masks and insert that as a filter in these small masks with ear loop holes that tighten as a good fit is as important as the 3 layers. I might buy disposable 3 layer kid sized mask, but thus far, I have little waste and wash her masks daily when she brings them home in a paper bag. 
    All good and better than normal.  But I will say, my company has been wearing normal disposable facemask across the world and it seems to be working just as well since everyone is wearing them.  So really, whatever you get helps and if other wear them too, so far the data seems to show it works.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    tish said:

It's forgivable!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Yeah, I think this is going to blow up our plan of getting the rapid tests and having a somewhat normal Christmas.
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    Ok so it came from a lab or it came from a dirty wet market, how does that help us to fight this pandemic? Infections are totally out of control here in America..
    Social distance, mask and hand washing and if you need a politician to tell you that then perhaps that’s the problem...personally I could care a less what politicians say...I listen to the health experts...

I could care a less what Biden or trump say...

but remember us citizens love to scream freedom...no matter who the potus.  The us is one fucked up country.  Glad I don’t live there.
    Your preaching to the congregation here, I’ve worn a mask since last March and haven’t been anywhere but my local supermarket & visit only my parents but I agree American is a fucked up nation C19 is not even in the radar anymore..
    It is “preaching to the choir” I believe :). Preaching to the congregation is just...preaching.  
    Our hospitals are flooded and they are saying not to get in a wreck because there are no ambulances, but nothing looks much different in everyone’s daily lives otherwise.  Still a ton of people having gatherings and stuff even though everyone’s grandparents are dying.  It’s frightening where the numbers are now and seems the snowball effect is in full play.  At this point I’m just waiting my turn, even though I try to take all of the recommended precautions.  I still have to go to work, though.  I found myself thinking “at least we got our Will in place” the other day.  The fact that “positive” thought actually relieved some stress and worry was a little morbid and frightening by itself.  Hope everyone has their Wills in place, because there is no controlling this in the US now.  Fasten your seatbelts.  
    Choir yes I was feeling spiritual for a second there felt like I was in church lol , I’m not waiting for my turn no way I’m being cautious all the time not letting up! 
    I am too, but a lot of people around are not.  The fact I haven’t contracted it yet with the numbers here skyrocketing means I must be doing something right or am just lucky.  I feel like everyone around me has it and am basing my caution on that notion, :)
    I still feel like I’m just delaying the inevitable.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    tish said:
    Poncier said:
    tish said:

It's forgivable!

I love Rosario Dawson
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,802
    mcgruff10 said:

Both Christmas & Thanksgiving this year will be without any family members who do not live in this house. 
    Half of me is horrified by this and half of me thinks it would be great, if only I could get away from those who do live in this house for a bit.  :lol:   
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

Both Christmas & Thanksgiving this year will be without any family members who do not live in this house. 
    Half of me is horrified by this and half of me thinks it would be great, if only I could get away from those who do live in this house for a bit.  :lol:   
    You don’t have a keep out room?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    mcgruff10 said:

prior to my wife and i having kids, my entire family went to BC to spend xmas with my dad's sister and her family. we couldn't afford it at the time, so we didn't go. (and we get together with her family christmas eve).

honestly, it was one of the least stressful, most enjoyable christmas days we had up to that point (and for the most part, we like my family)

i say see the silver lining of a stress-free xmas this year, knowing we can't control it anyway, and look forward to normalcy again next year hopefully. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Order your christmas presents early this year. Gonna be a lot of online orders...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
This discussion has been closed.