Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,154
    static111 said:
    https://apple.news/AhLag0bdmQPGm22ZC3vY4Ig
    Screw these young idiots I have no pitty for anyone that just dismisses this virus f you and all your friends , you get what you deserve for being a fool !
    Let’s not forget the governor said it was safe enough to open bars for business just like here in Texas where we are having a spike.  Strong leadership could have prevented the new rise in cases nationwide, but until it hits the R voting base hard I doubt anything will be done.
    Let's not forget that we had almost no one talking Coronavirus during all the protests.  Too scared to mention the truth and be seen as the opposition I guess.  But in reality, from the video I saw, a lot of people at risk and not protecting themselves or others.  Certainly some were.  But in regards to the pandemic, it was a catastrophic series of events.  At least it was outside......
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    static111 said:
    Screw these young idiots I have no pitty for anyone that just dismisses this virus f you and all your friends , you get what you deserve for being a fool !
    Let’s not forget the governor said it was safe enough to open bars for business just like here in Texas where we are having a spike.  Strong leadership could have prevented the new rise in cases nationwide, but until it hits the R voting base hard I doubt anything will be done.
    Let's not forget that we had almost no one talking Coronavirus during all the protests.  Too scared to mention the truth and be seen as the opposition I guess.  But in reality, from the video I saw, a lot of people at risk and not protecting themselves or others.  Certainly some were.  But in regards to the pandemic, it was a catastrophic series of events.  At least it was outside......
    I think the people protesting were aware of the risks posed by corona. Most wore masks and used hand sanitizers.  Standing up for what is right and what you believe in is a far cry from binge drinking at a bar.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    I think the people protesting were aware of the risks posed by corona. Most wore masks and used hand sanitizers.  Standing up for what is right and what you believe in is a far cry from binge drinking at a bar.
    100% agree with this.  Here in VA, most protesters were masked up.  It was the cops who weren't.  And yes, what you are doing while out is an important consideration.  Maybe that's not 'freedom', but it's common sense. 
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Call me a bad ally, but I did not participate in protests because of the Virus. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    It’s also a much larger size group all over. But sure the reasons for being out are very different. Corona don’t care 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,304
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    It’s also a much larger size group all over. But sure the reasons for being out are very different. Corona don’t care 
    Corona does care whether you are outside or inside though. It seems that makes a huge difference from everything I have read.

Time will tell.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,451
    Shit at this point black folks are dying from Corona & police brutality, I don’t blame them at all for marching for this cause they don’t have any other recourse but to march ..but to go out and mingle & drink in a bar full of non believers is idiotic..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Big cities like NYC and Seattle tend to lean left.  Then you had the protestors.

But the virus is starting to hit Red America a bit harder.  Places like Florida, Texas, and Arizona are seeing big numbers. It'll be interesting to see whether this impacts the tone of either the administration or the general lib-owning right.  Particularly if there's a spike in Oklahoma in a couple of weeks.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    OnWis97 said:
    Big cities like NYC and Seattle tend to lean left.  Then you had the protestors.

But the virus is starting to hit Red America a bit harder.  Places like Florida, Texas, and Arizona are seeing big numbers. It'll be interesting to see whether this impacts the tone of either the administration or the general lib-owning right.  Particularly if there's a spike in Oklahoma in a couple of weeks.
    Nah, it’s gods will. Or wrath for the Supreme Court decision the other day.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dignin said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:
    Corona does care whether you are outside or inside though. It seems that makes a huge difference from everything I have read.

Time will tell.

True. I did mention that as well. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Can’t support the cause if you get covid!  It’s the individuals call on what Risks they consider taking. You can still be an ally and not be in the streets because of covid concerns! 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    static111 said:
    static111 said:

Can’t support the cause if you get covid!  It’s the individuals call on what Risks they consider taking. You can still be an ally and not be in the streets because of covid concerns! 
    VOTE!
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,038
    edited June 2020
    Caught up with our old neighbors today that I have been mentioning since covid-19 began.  After talking to them I found out that within their immediate family everyone tested positive for antibodies but only the dad who was eventually hospitalized and on a ventilator showed symptoms (wife and three kids did not).  So the dad is back to work but can only work a few hours from home (sales) before exhaustion sets in. 
    Again for everyone who thinks this is fake news or isn’t a big deal please take it seriously and use common sense.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    edited June 2020
    Post edited by oftenreading on
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,218
    mcgruff10 said:
    Caught up with our old neighbors today that I have been mentioning since covid-19 began.  After talking to them I found out that within their immediate family everyone tested positive for antibodies but only the dad who was eventually hospitalized and on a ventilator showed symptoms (wife and three kids did not).  So the dad is back to work but can only work a few hours from home (sales) before exhaustion sets in. 
    Again for everyone who thinks this is fake news or isn’t a big deal please take it seriously and use common sense.  
    Good to hear he is doing better and his family wasn’t affected. We are seeing city high counts every day for new cases since Sunday, 77 today. More than double our previous high that came back in mid April. With an already low median age of 29 for the city and almost 40,000 Texas Tech students we were a projected hotspot by Fortune in late April. Since the first of June the majority of new cases have been people under 30 and many were asymptomatic, it appears this age group will be the “spreaders” if you will. This makes the protests and that upcoming thing in Tulsa very concerning regarding the virus. 
  • Options
    This would be amazing news for outside events....but as you say, still early.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I wonder whether his health is going to be permanently compromised like this.

Whenever people talk about the survival rates being over 99% in certain age groups, I get irked...what's my chance for survival with a good quality of life?  I don't think we know that yet...but it's not just "live or die."  It's how you'll be living.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,282
    mcgruff10 said:
    once you are put on a ventilator, even if you recover, your lungs are really never the same.  it's definitely not something you want to get in any kind of serious way.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,758
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

Information revealed about video showing alleged local migrant worker living conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=88&v=z-7bSBhPiXY&feature=emb_logo

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/information-revealed-about-video-showcasing-local-migrant-worker-living-conditions-1.5618395?fbclid=IwAR2VMCrHNQEHrnmWeKuvcnsF80rwJ6xAfQ3fKD50D1KY9sZ0tZxI8i8A4do

My area.  Windsor/Essex Ontario, more specifically leamington Ontario has been having trouble getting a handle on Covid-19 mainly because of the migrant workers living conditions...for anyone who thinks Canada 🇨🇦 cares all that much about human rights, watch the video.  As far as I’m concerned this is inhuman and ridiculous...

i work at their parent company Aphria (Cannabis)...never buy cannabis from government regulated facilities...

the solution should be simple...either the company brings the migrant workers living conditions up to proper standards, if they do not...revoke their permits to bring in migrant workers...we need to stop protecting these greedy fucking corporations...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

Information revealed about video showing alleged local migrant worker living conditions

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/information-revealed-about-video-showcasing-local-migrant-worker-living-conditions-1.5618395?fbclid=IwAR2VMCrHNQEHrnmWeKuvcnsF80rwJ6xAfQ3fKD50D1KY9sZ0tZxI8i8A4do

My area.  Windsor/Essex Ontario, more specifically leamington Ontario has been having trouble getting a handle on Covid-19 mainly because of the migrant workers living conditions...for anyone who thinks Canada 🇨🇦 cares all that much about human rights, watch the video.  As far as I’m concerned this is inhuman and ridiculous...

i work at their parent company Aphria (Cannabis)...never buy cannabis from government regulated facilities...

the solution should be simple...either the company brings the migrant workers living conditions up to proper standards, if they do not...revoke their permits to bring in migrant workers...we need to stop protecting these greedy fucking corporations...
    Do you feel any personal conflict in working for them?
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    hedonist said:

Do you feel any personal conflict in working for them?
    Yes.  Before Covid-19 I was looking for a new job.  But now with so many business’s closed, job are tough to find.

believe me management knows how I feel.  I have voiced my opinion.  I have let my local representation know how I feel.  I personally feel every bunkhouse should have private rooms...building walls and doors is not that expensive...and these companies can afford to treat migrant worker better, much better...but if the federal and provincial government fails to act then that is just sad...this is not a new problem...this is a problem that Covid 19 has brought to more people’s attention...

it problematic province wide and likely problematic in the us...but hey we save a nickel on our farmed goods...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,925
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/cuomo-to-hold-last-daily-covid-19-briefing-as-nyc-counts-down-to-phase-ii/2472692/%3fam

i couldn’t be prouder for how most people here handled the virus. It’s far from over, but wow. NYC really came a long way. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,458
    nicknyr15 said:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/cuomo-to-hold-last-daily-covid-19-briefing-as-nyc-counts-down-to-phase-ii/2472692/%3fam

i couldn’t be prouder for how most people here handled the virus. It’s far from over, but wow. NYC really came a long way. 
    Pennsylvania has done a real good job as well. We are moving into our Green Phase in one week. 

Anyone headed to Oklahoma for Corona Fest tomorrow night?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    jeffbr said:

Will it be carried live on television?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,451
    nicknyr15 said:

Agreed! I was talking to a senior hospital director today and she said the same thing but with a of hesitation she also said I hope we don’t get a 2nd wave this fall . But we both agreed that if it does we are so prepared with all the work that was done this past winter.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,225
    32,407 US covid cases today, which is near a record high. What the f*ck is wrong with this country.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,937
    32,407 US covid cases today, which is near a record high. What the f*ck is wrong with this country.

New case, just today? 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

This discussion has been closed.