Options

YES/NO: Do you like "Dance of the Clairvoyants" ?

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,426
    YES, I DO
    👍🏻
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,826
    YES, I DO
    Is the video available without subscription to a paid channel at this point? I’d love to see it, if anyone can post a link. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,241
    YES, I DO
    Is the video available without subscription to a paid channel at this point? I’d love to see it, if anyone can post a link. 
    @oftenreading Yes! Here you finally go! 

https://youtu.be/xJwuP5wPCLQ
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    tbergs said:
    @oftenreading Yes! Here you finally go! 

https://youtu.be/xJwuP5wPCLQ
    Thank you, tbergs - much appreciated. 

Seems the video removes any doubt that the theme is climate change. 
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    Getting a pretty nice response on YouTube (as far as likes/dislikes go). The audio on PJ's YouTube has 240K views (13K likes, 618 dislikes), and the video has 53K views (5.2K likes, 114 dislikes).

Pretty cool. I had a bad feeling this song might not get over well with the more casual fans. But, maybe those fans (like many of us here) were really pining for something new and different. Many of the songs over the last 11 years (The Fixer, Can't Deny Me, many others in my opinion) sound like they were whipped up by some sort of automated Pearl Jam Bot. I've listened to DOTC more times today than I've listened in The Fixer in the past 11 years. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    Koi Ledbetterman10 said:
    Getting a pretty nice response on YouTube (as far as likes/dislikes go). The audio on PJ's YouTube has 240K views (13K likes, 618 dislikes), and the video has 53K views (5.2K likes, 114 dislikes).

Pretty cool. I had a bad feeling this song might not get over well with the more casual fans. But, maybe those fans (like many of us here) were really pining for something new and different. Many of the songs over the last 11 years (The Fixer, Can't Deny Me, many others in my opinion) sound like they were whipped up by some sort of automated Pearl Jam Bot. I've listened to DOTC more times today than I've listened in The Fixer in the past 11 years. 
    Agree completely with  your last two sentences.  
  • Options
    YES, I DO

Agreed. The last couple records felt like it was Pearl Jam the Institution making music they felt fans wanted from them. Bound out of obligation. This feels like Pearl Jam the Band making music for themselves.
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    I think it’s great. I was not sold on Can’t Deny Me, but really like the sound of this. 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    YES, I DO
    I think it is great how the band is still taking risks in Year 30. Song reminds me a lot of Eminence Front by The Who. Hard to imagine anyone expected this from Pearl Jam. Love the surprises... this is why they have such a big following, long after TEN. 
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    YES, I DO
    I think initially you go, holy shit this is Pearl Jam, my favorite band on Earth, doing electronic beats...but the groove and lyrics are infectious and you become sort of tangled in a world of an 80s cold war whats wrong with the world vibe. I fucking love it and I am proud as hell of these guys for growing as a band. And for the haters, keep your pants on, everyone heard Aye Davanita back in the day and thought Ed had gone full on crazy. All is fine. 
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    YES, I DO
    Sweet, I'm loving it. Does feel a bit retro or 80s for some reason, which I totally love. When the first few electronic notes began, I though "oh no, not for me... " but then Ed's voice kicks in, then the guitars, and I'm hooked. It's catchy as hell. Love it! :) 
    This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    weebleweeble Bristol, England Posts: 133
    YES, I DO
    Literally have it on repeat. 

This might pass, this might last, this may grow
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    YES, I DO
    I like it more than I don't like it. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,205
    YES, I DO
    Didnt even listen to a bootleg today. Just DotC loop. 
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,297
    edited January 2020
    YES, I DO
    Yeah I like it a lot better than any song from their last three albums ..
    Post edited by josevolution on
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 342
    I like that they tried something new. I didn't like the last two albums at all. I'll give it time and see if it fits well with the new album.
  • Options
    PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    YES, I DO
    Sounds like something Matt Cameron wrote, its different but I dig it. 
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    I was initially just happy that there was a new album because that meant a new tour.  But i am now very excited for this album.  Love this song and it gives me hope that gigaton will be as different from the last two albums as No Code was from their previous albums.   Can not wait to hear this live!  We will be grooving.  I know the girls wanna dance...
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    It’s ok.
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    YES, I DO
    verceman said:
    Song reminds me a lot of Eminence Front by The Who.
    Yes! Totally does.

• Options
    dpharesdphares Maryland Posts: 118
    It's ok. May need a few more listens to grow on me. 
  • Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 342
    mattcoz said:
    verceman said:
    Song reminds me a lot of Eminence Front by The Who.
    Yes! Totally does.

Funny you say that. I told my wife it's the who mixed with a little 80's sound that I can't put my finger on.
  • Options
    what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761
    YES, I DO
    know1 said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Is there an on the fence for the moment?
    +1
    It's just OK. If I heard the exact same thing but it was by a band that wasn't Pearl Jam, I wouldn't listen to it twice. Because it's Pearl Jam, I think it's just OK.
    Good point. I like it but wouldn't listen to it twice (or even once) if it weren't PJ. The title alone would signal cheezy cliche.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    I can't say that I love it on first listen, but I can't say that I hate it.  

I am one to take a new album and to consume it whole.  I sit and very intensely listen to each song and in the order it was intended.  A sneak peek of an album can be okay, but I think that this one wants me to take it in with all of the other friends it has on the album.  

I'm encouraged by the new music.  This little bite leaves me curious for what more is to come.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    Totally dig it.  Thanks Ryan Lendt and Matt from Let's Play All" for putting out the lessons for how top play it.  You guys are awesome.  Looking forward to the rest of the Album and seeing them in St. Louis.
  • Options
    YES, I DO
    After my first listen I wasn't sure. But it's a solid tune, Eds melody is great. Definitely has a MC (you are) feel to it. I'm hoping there's some rockers on the album though McCready needs to be unleashed.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 898
    YES, I DO
    If I’m this to MYM, it’s about equal. A solid 6/10, a good choice for a single
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,999
    YES, I DO
    94% holy shit. 
  • Options
    leach7leach7 Posts: 402
    Love it
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Damn its a landslide!