Call Tickets Today (800) 594-8499 they are handling the ticket drawing....

Comments

• feederfeeder Boise, ID Posts: 81
    After sending an email to Tickets Today/Ticketmaster asking for a confirm or deny.  I got a short response claiming due to High Demand I was denied tickets for Oak 2 as my 2nd priority choice.  So, I followed up with a phone call.  The CSR claims 10c set the parameters that seniority nor priority made a difference.  It was a pure lottery!

"Have we got a show for you??  No, it's a question!" EV 5/12/22
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,532
    feeder said:
    After sending an email to Tickets Today/Ticketmaster asking for a confirm or deny.  I got a short response claiming due to High Demand I was denied tickets for Oak 2 as my 2nd priority choice.  So, I followed up with a phone call.  The CSR claims 10c set the parameters that seniority nor priority made a difference.  It was a pure lottery!

But that still doesn't make sense
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • feeder said:

The CSR is purely wrong.
  • feeder said:

But that still doesn't make sense
    I think we all knew that seniority or priority didn't have a role - it was simply a lottery; that doesn't answer why some of you aren't getting an email or why 4th priority are getting tickets over 2nd.  You're right - that still makes zero sense in the answer you all are trying to get resolved.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    feeder said:

It sounds like they are getting seniority and priority confused.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

I assume TM CSRs have no idea what people are talking about when they mention seniority. Why would they?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

I assume TM CSRs have no idea what people are talking about when they mention seniority. Why would they?
    Good point. They wouldn't.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    I think 1st priority mattered. Anything after that was just random selection 
  • ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

You could have just stopped right there.
    edited January 2020
    JimmyV said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

I mean, honestly, what a horrible day to have a job that probably isn't a ton of fun most days. I know some people have legitimate gripes, but I can't imagine they communicate them with greater clarity on the phone than they do here....
    Post edited by ecdanc on
  • riley540 said:
    I think 1st priority mattered. Anything after that was just random selection 
    Not likely, I haven't seen any reports of priority 3 or lower winning St. Louis
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    You've got TM admitting to a software error and people here are still trying to blame it all on user error. 
    But did you have James, Jim, Jimmy or Maurice as your first name in your Ticketmaster account?
    Some people do call me Maurice. Others call me a Space Cowboy. No one has ever called me the Gangster of Love. Someday...
    :clap::lol:
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,192
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

I mean, honestly, what a horrible day to have a job that probably isn't a ton of fun most days. I know some people legitimate gripes, but I can't imagine they communicate them with greater clarity on the phone than they do here....
    So true. Someone rambles for 5 minutes about odds, seniority, priorities, matching names, matching emails, GA, and BA....of course their eyes just glaze over and they're like "I don't know about all that but it says here you lost the lottery."
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

I mean, honestly, what a horrible day to have a job that probably isn't a ton of fun most days. I know some people legitimate gripes, but I can't imagine they communicate them with greater clarity on the phone than they do here....
    So true. Someone rambles for 5 minutes about odds, seniority, priorities, matching names, matching emails, GA, and BA....of course their eyes just glaze over and they're like "I don't know about all that but it says here you lost the lottery."
    "But someone on the message boards told me...."
  • Best bet is probably to wait until tomorrow and hopefully we'll hear something directly from 10c when they are back to work.
  • PB11041 said:
    Haultz Maul tix
    hahahahah!!!!! Yessssssssssssssssss!!!

Go leave your waist somewheres else and play in your sandkasten!
    pjl44 said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    ecdanc said:
    JimmyV said:
    feeder said:

lol....that's it in a nutshell

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    feeder said:

I won Oak 2 with a Priority 6 Best Available choice.  
  • RT85129 said:
    feeder said:

The west coast odds were nothing like BAL and MSG.
    RT85129 said:
    feeder said:

And I got no response for Oak2 with Priority 2.  Doesn't make sense

• RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    Just trying to help out. I won picks 4-6, but lost my priority 1-3.  
    RT85129 said:
    Just trying to help out. I won picks 4-6, but lost my priority 1-3.  
    much appreciated

• OJ1414OJ1414 Posts: 35
    Habit4me said:
    Did everyone catch the fine print that your first names needed to be exact matches on 10C and Ticketmaster accounts? I checked and mine didn't match. I've never gone by my real first name. Made the change to make them match before I put in requests and got confirmation emails for both shows I put in for! Now just waiting for the 27th to see if I got GA or Reserved!
    I hate to break this to everyone, but I entered for 2 shows (Denver and San Diego) and won both shows (BA). My name definitely DOES NOT match from my 10c account vs. Ticketmaster account. (Chris vs. Christopher)

My theory is that they meant to say your email address must match.
    My 10C e-mail address and Ticketmaster e-mail are different, though I made sure my 10C e-mail was in the correct space on the form during ordering. I got a confirmation e-mail for the one show I requested, so the e-mail addresses don't have to be the same. 
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Habit4me said:
    Did everyone catch the fine print that your first names needed to be exact matches on 10C and Ticketmaster accounts? I checked and mine didn't match. I've never gone by my real first name. Made the change to make them match before I put in requests and got confirmation emails for both shows I put in for! Now just waiting for the 27th to see if I got GA or Reserved!
    I hate to break this to everyone, but I entered for 2 shows (Denver and San Diego) and won both shows (BA). My name definitely DOES NOT match from my 10c account vs. Ticketmaster account. (Chris vs. Christopher)

My theory is that they meant to say your email address must match.
    My e-mail are different for TM and 10C, there's no need to be the same unlike names needing to be the same to ensure the same person (whether they held to the name rule or not), got Nashville BA
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    benjs said:
    Speaking with CSR... he first told me if my card was not charged by 12AM jan 20th that is was denied. .he did congratulate me on getting tickets to Sun though...Awesome guy... then I asked further about the priorities and he they were all random selected automatically. SO NO PRIORITY... He is checking with Sanda... LOL 
    The no priority thing seems to be true at least. Explains how 6, 7s, and 8s beat 1s and 2s.

I hope they get that fixed
    Again, people ignore mountains of logic to convince themselves their preconceived notions are correct. Have you never received incorrect information from Level 1 Support Agents at large organizations? Why do you take their word over 10C's who have already stated it's a prioritized draw? I believe anyone and any company can make mistakes, but I don't see people following any logic paths here before jumping to conclusions. 

Because TM/TICKETSTODAY did the actual drawings; 10C just subbed it out to them
    dmbolp said:
    benjs said:
    Speaking with CSR... he first told me if my card was not charged by 12AM jan 20th that is was denied. .he did congratulate me on getting tickets to Sun though...Awesome guy... then I asked further about the priorities and he they were all random selected automatically. SO NO PRIORITY... He is checking with Sanda... LOL 
    The no priority thing seems to be true at least. Explains how 6, 7s, and 8s beat 1s and 2s.

Again, people ignore mountains of logic to convince themselves their preconceived notions are correct. Have you never received incorrect information from Level 1 Support Agents at large organizations? Why do you take their word over 10C's who have already stated it's a prioritized draw? I believe anyone and any company can make mistakes, but I don't see people following any logic paths here before jumping to conclusions. 

But TM is stating that 10C did the drawings and told them who to sell tickets to

• Unless it was a weighted system where 1st priority shows were weighted to have a better chance at winning than 2nd or worse, it was an all-in lottery for every show. Somehow I doubt it was weighted with priority considered. High demand, limited tickets.
    October 1, 1996 ... Marine Midland Arena, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    October 12, 2013 ... First Niagara Center, Buffalo-NY (USA)
    May 2, 2016 ... Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    May 8, 2016 ... Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa-Ontario (Canada)
    May 10, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    May 12, 2016 ... Air Canada Centre, Toronto-Ontario (Canada)
    August 5, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    August 7, 2016 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
    November 7, 2016 ... TOTD, Madison Square Garden, New York-NY (USA)
    September 2, 2018 ... Fenway Park, Boston-Mass. (USA)
  • AS9006AS9006 Posts: 28
    Call the 800 number is the beginning of this thread.  Tm said I did win tickets and within 2 minutes of phone call ending, I got the official email saying I won tickets.
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,353
    The good news is that the updating-barcode-every-six-seconds-on-your-smartphone system is foolproof.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    dmbolp said:
    benjs said:

But TM is stating that 10C did the drawings and told them who to sell tickets to
    They are stating they are executing the drawings based on 10C policies... at least that is what a number of people who talked or emailed with TM/TICKETSTODAY were told. A couple in other threads