Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Reading through this people are gonna buy tickets that they can do shit with thinking they can trade them.  
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 1,996
    Saltzy23 said:
    For whatever it's worth, I am only looking to use any extra MSG tickets I may land to get me and my buddy into Baltimore or possibly take a few friends that don't deserve it in any way / chicks I am trying to bang and would be head over heals happy I got them in.

I have no issues with people selling tickets for shit on StubHub for market price but I consider PJ to be sacred ground when it comes to scalping.  It's just bad JuJu for anyone that does it, and I don't need that on my head.
    I also found this very funny but probably not for the reasons you intended. 
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited January 2020
    Got a code for Nashville but already have 10c tickets for Nashville. 

Anyone willing to trade my 2 Nashville verified tickets for 2 Baltimore or St Louis verified tickets?
    YOU CANNOT TRADE TICKETS IT IS LITERALLY WHAT NON-TRANSFERABLE MEANS WHY CANT PEOPLE READ 
    Eeeeeehhhhhh....

So, for the Baltimore/NYC shows I think I found a loophole.

Baltimore is 1st on 3/28, so the person with any extras lets the NYC person looking log into their account using some bullshit password they can change back the next day.  In exchange the person with the 3/30 NYC tickets pays for those tickets in full, as collateral.

Then, as soon as the Baltimore show is over, the NYC person transfers them to the Baltimore person and they refund them the money they paid as collateral.

It's literally the only way I can think to pull it off.
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    mrvectormrvector NY, NY Posts: 39
    mrvector said:
    dkast85 said:
    JDime20 said:
    dkast85 said:

I didn’t get the tix I requested through 10C, (Baltimore and MSG) which I expected. I just found out I’m on the “waitlist” for the verified presale.

I’m curious, did any of you win tix through the 10C and also happened to get into the verified fan presale?

Yes. I got Baltimore through the lottery and also a VF code. They should’ve had the VF registration after the lottery results. 
    I'm happy for you... But doesn't it seem a bit flawed that people who failed in the lottery also failed to get the VF presale? It seems like if you win in the lottery, you should be ineligible for the VF presale.
    they probably should have only put people who lost their lotto choices into the VF pool for those specific shows. so many people doubled up that it’s actually wasting opportunities for others. 
    I don’t understand how it is a waste. I got two tix and I am going for three tomorrow. I want to be able to bring my son and will f2f the 10c tickets. We may have only won 2 in the lottery but some have a chance to get 4 tomorrow. 
    In your situation it’s not. For others, who don’t have extra people to bring, it is. Somebody who got shutout from Baltimore doesn’t have a code because I have one. and I can’t do anything with my tickets.
    '98: MSG, 9/10
    '00: Jones Beach, 8/24
    '00: Camden, 9/02
    '03: Camden, 7/06
    '06: Hartford, 5/13
    '08: MSG, 6/24
    '08: MSG, 6/25
    '10: Hartford, 5/15
    '10: MSG, 5/20
    '13: Barclays, 10/18
    '16: MSG, 5/02
    '16: Fenway 2, 8/07
    '18: Wrigley 1, 8/18
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Saltzy23 said:

Anyone willing to trade my 2 Nashville verified tickets for 2 Baltimore or St Louis verified tickets?
    YOU CANNOT TRADE TICKETS IT IS LITERALLY WHAT NON-TRANSFERABLE MEANS WHY CANT PEOPLE READ 
    Eeeeeehhhhhh....

Baltimore is 1st on 3/28, so the person with any extras lets the NYC person looking log into their account using some bullshit password they can change back the next day.  In exchange the person with the 3/30 NYC tickets pays for those tickets in full, as collateral.

Then, as soon as the Baltimore show is over, the NYC person transfers the them to the Baltimore person and they refund them the money they paid as collateral.

What could possibly go wrong?!  

I snark.  But yes, in a very trusted relationship this could work. I think. 
  • Options
    sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    dkast85 said:

I didn’t get the tix I requested through 10C, (Baltimore and MSG) which I expected. I just found out I’m on the “waitlist” for the verified presale.

I’m curious, did any of you win tix through the 10C and also happened to get into the verified fan presale?

I won BA 10C for Bmore and STL but got wait listed for Bmore which is the only show I request on Verified.  I know a few people who both won the lottery and got a code.
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• Options
    rgeorgenesrgeorgenes Mansfield, MA Posts: 43
    mrvector said:
    mrvector said:
    dkast85 said:
    JDime20 said:
    dkast85 said:

Yes. I got Baltimore through the lottery and also a VF code. They should’ve had the VF registration after the lottery results. 
    I'm happy for you... But doesn't it seem a bit flawed that people who failed in the lottery also failed to get the VF presale? It seems like if you win in the lottery, you should be ineligible for the VF presale.
    they probably should have only put people who lost their lotto choices into the VF pool for those specific shows. so many people doubled up that it’s actually wasting opportunities for others. 
    I don’t understand how it is a waste. I got two tix and I am going for three tomorrow. I want to be able to bring my son and will f2f the 10c tickets. We may have only won 2 in the lottery but some have a chance to get 4 tomorrow. 
    In your situation it’s not. For others, who don’t have extra people to bring, it is. Somebody who got shutout from Baltimore doesn’t have a code because I have one. and I can’t do anything with my tickets.
    So with this theory, the people waitlisted for Baltimore should have some chance of getting tickets. I am not utilizing my Ottawa and QC VF code so that gives them a better shot. 
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    Reading through this people are gonna buy tickets that they can do shit with thinking they can trade them.  
    Yup. This whole last week+ has been a real eye opener in terms of the baseline literacy level in this country. 
  • Options
    mrvector said:
    mrvector said:
    dkast85 said:
    JDime20 said:
    dkast85 said:

Then they'll be available in the public onsale Friday.  
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    If it gives anyone hope for being wait listed, I was wait listed for the Fenway shows and got 4 tickets through VF. Wishing you all luck and hopefully seeing you at the shows too. 
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Eeeeeehhhhhh....

Then, as soon as the Baltimore show is over, the NYC person transfers the them to the Baltimore person and they refund them the money they paid as collateral.

What could possibly go wrong?!  

I snark.  But yes, in a very trusted relationship this could work. I think. 
    Just delete out any payment info in your TM account beforehand.

What is someone gonna do with access to your TM account for a few minutes?

Honestly, if you exchange numbers you could figure it all out and change the password as soon as the person gets into the show all in like 15 mins.

Once you are in a screenshot will do as far as getting to your seats.

• Options
    tdawe said:
    JP218404 said:
    Yup. This whole last week+ has been a real eye opener in terms of the baseline literacy level in this country. 
    You're all lucky you didn't have to mail order Phish tickets in the 90s and buy postal money orders for each show, a separate one for shipping, and really follow all the simple directions, or they put your envelope in the back of the pile.
    Dallas 2013 
    Wrigley 2016 Night 1
    Wrigley 2016 Night 2
    MSG 2020
    OKC 2020

• Options
    mrvector said:
    I’m annoyed that I didn’t put more thought into the ordering of shows on the VF sign up. Because I got a code for Baltimore, when I already got tickets for it during the 10c lottery. Wish there was a way to trade codes or tickets, but with the non transferable rules, I don’t know how that would work. If somebody has MSG and an idea of how we could swap, I’m open to hearing. Gotta assume a lot of people are gonna be in a similar boat as me though. 
    I’m the same but reverse - got tickets for MSG and a code but shut out of Baltimore and no code. I’m thinking I’ll try to swap my extra msg, if I can get them, for extra Baltimore and will just have to meet the other person at the arena to get the tickets. 
  • Options
    mrvector said:
    mrvector said:
    dkast85 said:
    JDime20 said:
    dkast85 said:

Would be nice to have extra seats, for poster tubes and such.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:

Eeeeeehhhhhh....

Then, as soon as the Baltimore show is over, the NYC person transfers them to the Baltimore person and they refund them the money they paid as collateral.

It’s literally the only way you can think to pull it off? Why not “let’s meet outside Royal Farms, I’ll swipe you in then once we’re inside you transfer me the MSG tickets?” 
  • Options
    CrazyMary34CrazyMary34 Charlotte, NC Posts: 9
    JP218404 said:
    People won't be able to trade them to whoever they want but they'd still be able to at least get the money back if can't use the tickets via the fan to fan exchange. Directly from my Verified Fan email:

"For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange."
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    JP218404 said:
    You're all lucky you didn't have to mail order Phish tickets in the 90s and buy postal money orders for each show, a separate one for shipping, and really follow all the simple directions, or they put your envelope in the back of the pile.
    Did that for the Grateful Dead for years. 3x5 index card. Each line with certain info.  Money order. The whole nine 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Anyone receive codes for both MSG and Baltimore? I am quite certain put in for both and only received an MSG code which I am trying to reconcile with the language used in the email "receive a code for each show registered for".  Side-note, first selection was MSG followed by Baltimore.
  • Options
    JP218404 said:
    People won't be able to trade them to whoever they want but they'd still be able to at least get the money back if can't use the tickets via the fan to fan exchange. Directly from my Verified Fan email:

"For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange."
    I can’t imagine how that day is gonna be. People literally may break TM websites with the flooding of site hits. 
  • Options
    tdawe said:
    Saltzy23 said:

Eeeeeehhhhhh....

It’s literally the only way you can think to pull it off? Why not “let’s meet outside Royal Farms, I’ll swipe you in then once we’re inside you transfer me the MSG tickets?” 
    Yeah, that's true.

I really out thought this.

Right, that would work too.

New plan!
  • Options
    MagnumPJ said:
    Anyone receive codes for both MSG and Baltimore? I am quite certain put in for both and only received an MSG code which I am trying to reconcile with the language used in the email "receive a code for each show registered for".  Side-note, first selection was MSG followed by Baltimore.
    I’m wondering about this too - you would think that we’d hear something about being waitlisted for Bmore. 
  • Options
    MagnumPJ said:
    I could have swore I did the same but only got the email for MSG
  • Options
    1upstate1upstate near Syracuse NY Posts: 201
    JP218404 said:
    tdawe said:
    JP218404 said:
    Did that for the Grateful Dead for years. 3x5 index card. Each line with certain info.  Money order. The whole nine 
    and pray you didn't get screwed 
    "I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine"
  • Options
    MagnumPJ said:
    I had 3 codes in my email. Two for Canada and 1 for Baltimore. Didn’t put in for any others if that helps. 
  • Options
    1upstate said:
    JP218404 said:
    tdawe said:
    JP218404 said:
    and pray you didn't get screwed 
    Yup
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    KralkatlKralkatl Raleigh, NC Posts: 18
    MagnumPJ said:
    I am quite certain I registered for Nashville and Baltimore but I only got a code for Nashville. I was wondering the same thing. 
  • Options
    MagnumPJ said:
    There's a line about if demand exceeds availability at the bottom of the email you got when you registered.
  • Options
    TN49724TN49724 Posts: 99
    JP218404 said:

This is exactly what I was saying. I have zero experience with the fan to fan exchange or whatever the F the market square/Kroger/piggly wiggly ticket exchange thing is. You don’t lose money but you can pick the better seats and trade the others at same value to another fan who missed out.  
  • Options
    CrazyMary34CrazyMary34 Charlotte, NC Posts: 9
    Kralkatl said:
    MagnumPJ said:
    I am quite certain I registered for Nashville and Baltimore but I only got a code for Nashville. I was wondering the same thing. 
    I did the same, regged VF for both Baltimore and Nashville. Only received code for Nashville.
  • Options
    So with all this fan to fan resale talk, could a non 10C member grab the 10C tickets if I chose to post them?