Options

Verified Fan Presale Strategery Thread

Comments

• Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    I really feel bad for anyone that lost the 10C lotto and didn't get a code.

'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:
    Stinks the code only works for 1 show. I don’t even need a code for the show I put in for since I won 10c seats. Would rather swap my Forum1 code for MSG
    This now seems like a huge flaw in the process. They need to allow a mechanism where members who strike out in the lotto can put in for presale codes for shows they lost. 
    They are 2 completely different things. Neither has anything to do with the other. 

Not really, though, since this seems to be mainly for the 10C members who missed out. So, if we got tickets to a show, why give us the chance to buy MORE for that show instead of people who got shut out, and vice versa? There are people who got tickets to MSG who are getting VF codes for MSG. What sense does that make?
    Dude, Verified Fan is NOT mainly for 10C members who missed out. It is the standard Ticketmaster pre-sale for all major acts to combat scalpers and bots. You're talking about something you know nothing about and it shows. They are as separate as two things can be.
    But you had to be a 10c member to register for TM verified. The lottery and the TM verified came in the same email. 
    10 Club absolutely did announce the Verified Fan process in the same email as the lottery. But, the Verified Fan process was available to everyone, not just 10 Club members. The public could use the same link you received to sign up for Verified Fan, and it was publicized in additional ways, not just the 10 Club email. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    Here's the complete info from the Ticketmaster Verified Fan Presale email I just received. Some important points to take note of:

"Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am local venue time at Ticketmaster.com. There is a four (4) ticket limit per access code. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed.

You will only be allowed to shop for the shows listed above. If you try to shop for a different show, you will get an error message and will not be able to proceed to the Waiting Room.

Important Steps for a Smoother Waiting Room & Purchase Experience

1. Sign in With Your Verified Fan Email and Password
    Using a different email and password will result in errors and delays.

2. Join the Waiting Room at Least 10 Minutes Early
    This will allow us to provide you a place in line when the sale begins.

3. Only Shop on One Browser/Device
    Shopping for the same show from multiple browsers or devices will likely result in an error and make it impossible to get tickets.

4. Make Checkout a Breeze
    Review your Stored Billing to confirm your credit card is valid and billing address is up-to-date.

Ticketmaster has partnered with Pearl Jam to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

*Does not apply to shows in New York or Colorado.

SafeTix™ Will Be Used For Ticket Delivery For All Shows
    All Pearl Jam shows will be powered by Ticketmaster SafeTix. It’s a new kind of ticket that uses a unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so it cannot be screenshot or counterfeited. No other tickets will be accepted for entry."
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    ajaxslax said:
    ajaxslax said:
    ajaxslax said:
    I’ve got codes for Ottawa, Quebec City, Hamilton and Oakland April 19.
    looking to trade for Toronto.
    let me know
    Codes are non-transferable. Code and email need to match.
    I’m not totally sure about that.
    You should be. It was on the TM website and in the email received when you registered.
    There is the possibility that the codes work for everyone that is registered as a verified fan, not just tied to their verified fan email directly.
    There is no possibility of that. They are individual codes tied to your account. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    PH40764 said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    Got my Hamilton and Toronto codes but won’t use them as I won the lottery for both.
    Same email or two separate emails?
    Same email.
    Oh no that’s not the answer I was looking for.

You were holding out hope you'd get another email for another show? :(

For reference, it looks like this for me:

(Codes have been scrubbed out of the shot)

Any idea if US shows come with Canadian shows in the same e-mail? Or is it separate like the 10 club requests? I got an Ottawa code but haven't seen anything on the US dates I requested presale for.
    They come together.
    AjaxSlax
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    Saltzy23 said:

Thank you.
  • Options
    halshakarchihalshakarchi Toronto Posts: 176
    PH40764 said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    Got my Hamilton and Toronto codes but won’t use them as I won the lottery for both.
    Same email.

Any idea if US shows come with Canadian shows in the same e-mail? Or is it separate like the 10 club requests? I got an Ottawa code but haven't seen anything on the US dates I requested presale for.
    Honestly I think you get one email for all the cities you've been picked for.

• Options
    jagirl16jagirl16 Posts: 12
    edited January 2020
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:
    Stinks the code only works for 1 show. I don’t even need a code for the show I put in for since I won 10c seats. Would rather swap my Forum1 code for MSG
    This now seems like a huge flaw in the process. They need to allow a mechanism where members who strike out in the lotto can put in for presale codes for shows they lost. 
    They are 2 completely different things. Neither has anything to do with the other. 

Not really, though, since this seems to be mainly for the 10C members who missed out. So, if we got tickets to a show, why give us the chance to buy MORE for that show instead of people who got shut out, and vice versa? There are people who got tickets to MSG who are getting VF codes for MSG. What sense does that make?
    Dude, Verified Fan is NOT mainly for 10C members who missed out. It is the standard Ticketmaster pre-sale for all major acts to combat scalpers and bots. You're talking about something you know nothing about and it shows. They are as separate as two things can be.
    But you had to be a 10c member to register for TM verified. The lottery and the TM verified came in the same email. 
    No, you 100% didn't. It is a public pre-sale. Just because information came in the email doesn't mean it was just for 10C members. 
    I’m seeing posts all over the place (mostly Facebook) from non 10c members who weren’t given the opportunity to do TM verified. How do others get access to it?
  • Options
    Got a Baltimore code and already have an in. Would trade two Baltimore for two msg if anyone is interested... Assuming I can get them tomorrow 
  • Options
    JV275432JV275432 Posts: 137
    If you weren’t signed up for PJ email list you might never have found out about the VF presale. 
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    jagirl16 said:
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

No, you 100% didn't. It is a public pre-sale. Just because information came in the email doesn't mean it was just for 10C members. 
    I’m seeing posts all over the place (mostly Facebook) from non 10c members who weren’t given the opportunity to do TM verified. How do others get access to it?
    You just had to sign up. It was on the VF landing page on Ticketmaster's website, they send out targeted emails to people who show interest in similar acts, etc. It wasn't a secret. VF sales are open to the public. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    tdawetdawe Posts: 2,002
    edited January 2020
    mpedone said:
    JP218404 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

Yes, I think the point is that it would be nice if they could sequence the events such that it would provide us an opportunity to buy shows we missed on in the lotto, rather than doubling up on our first choice. 
    Verified fan has NOTHING to do with ten club or anything part of the band. It’s 100% a Ticketmaster think. They use it for all major shows. They aren’t changing it for ten club people. We all got first shot to score.  

I don't think they'd have to change anything - just let people register AFTER the lottery.
    This is correct. We understand how Verified Fan works and are not suggesting it should work any different. The 10C lotto sequencing vis a vis the VF registration period is what should be different. 
  • Options
    SS49057 said:
    Here's the complete info from the Ticketmaster Verified Fan Presale email I just received. Some important points to take note of:

"Tickets go on sale tomorrow at 10am local venue time at Ticketmaster.com. There is a four (4) ticket limit per access code. Tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, and are not guaranteed.

You will only be allowed to shop for the shows listed above. If you try to shop for a different show, you will get an error message and will not be able to proceed to the Waiting Room.

1. Sign in With Your Verified Fan Email and Password
    Using a different email and password will result in errors and delays.

2. Join the Waiting Room at Least 10 Minutes Early
    This will allow us to provide you a place in line when the sale begins.

3. Only Shop on One Browser/Device
    Shopping for the same show from multiple browsers or devices will likely result in an error and make it impossible to get tickets.

4. Make Checkout a Breeze
    Review your Stored Billing to confirm your credit card is valid and billing address is up-to-date.

Ticketmaster has partnered with Pearl Jam to make sure fans get their tickets at face value. To achieve this, Pearl Jam has directed that tickets be non-transferable.* On the night of the show, all guests will be required to enter with the ticket purchaser. For fans that cannot use the tickets they have purchased, Pearl Jam and Ticketmaster will offer a Fan-to-Fan Face Value Ticket Exchange* beginning February 18. There will be no additional fees charged to Exchange users for buying or selling tickets on the Exchange.

*Does not apply to shows in New York or Colorado.

SafeTix™ Will Be Used For Ticket Delivery For All Shows
    All Pearl Jam shows will be powered by Ticketmaster SafeTix. It’s a new kind of ticket that uses a unique barcode that automatically refreshes every few seconds so it cannot be screenshot or counterfeited. No other tickets will be accepted for entry."
    So to this end, and if I understand programming a little bit it could be that:
    Emails are marked as "verified fan" on one end and then a set of codes work for the event.  So to get tickets, both would have to be compliant and not tied to one another.

So if someone has an extra Toronto, I'm willing to give it a shot.
    I've got some to trade for someone else that might want to try.
    AjaxSlax
  • Options
    PH40764PH40764 Posts: 16
    ajaxslax said:
    PH40764 said:
    tdawe said:
    tdawe said:
    Same email.

They come together.

Gotcha, thanks. My quest for St Louis or bust continues...
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    It would have been cool if the fan-to-fan marketplace had a barter or trade area so people could swap tickets to shows or something.

I understand trying to combat scalping, but it this model is incredibly restrictive for honest people that just wanna swap tickets or send them to someone they are meeting at the show.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

10 Club absolutely did announce the Verified Fan process in the same email as the lottery. But, the Verified Fan process was available to everyone, not just 10 Club members. The public could use the same link you received to sign up for Verified Fan, and it was publicized in additional ways, not just the 10 Club email. Hope that helps!
    Ahhh ok. Thanks for clarifying. Not that it makes any difference on my end, but good to know 
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    No Code for MSG means No entry.  On to the public sale. 
  • Options
    jagirl16 said:
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

I used Verified Fan to get tickets to 2018 Wrigley 2. I received an email from Ticketmaster informing me about the process, because I had bought PJ tickets from TM in the past. This, they knew I was a fan. I wasn’t a 10c member at the time.  I assume this happened for people this time as well. 
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Saltzy23 said:

that would be me. can anyone please help me out? I'm looking for Baltimore. This is frustrating. 
  • Options
    drando said:
    No Code for MSG means No entry.  On to the public sale. 
    Yep. On to plan C
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,448
    mpedone said:
    JP218404 said:
    tdawe said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

Yes, I think the point is that it would be nice if they could sequence the events such that it would provide us an opportunity to buy shows we missed on in the lotto, rather than doubling up on our first choice. 
    Verified fan has NOTHING to do with ten club or anything part of the band. It’s 100% a Ticketmaster think. They use it for all major shows. They aren’t changing it for ten club people. We all got first shot to score.  

I don't think they'd have to change anything - just let people register AFTER the lottery.
    Yes, i agree .^^^^ register after the 10C Lottery^^^

People getting Codes for shows they already have tickets for, and some NOT getting a Code for shows they want.
  • Options
    Lostpawn said:
    jagirl16 said:
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

I used Verified Fan to get tickets to 2018 Wrigley 2. I received an email from Ticketmaster informing me about the process, because I had bought PJ tickets from TM in the past. This, they knew I was a fan. I wasn’t a 10c member at the time.  I assume this happened for people this time as well. 
    By the way, the tickets I got were pretty good!  I hope it works out well for folks this time, too. 
  • Options
    RF123172RF123172 Posts: 110
    I cannot believe I did not win the New York Lotto.  Since I did not win last week in CT, I should have been given priority. 
    As much as you may want it to, the Ten club presale has NOTHING to do with the Ticketmaster Verified Fan presale.  It was GREAT that Ten Club let us know about it.

• Options
    jagirl16 said:
    jagirl16 said:
    mpedone said:
    tdawe said:

It’s not that they weren’t given the opportunity - they just missed it. Just like several people on here did. 
  • Options
    mpar17mpar17 Posts: 161
    No MSG or Baltimore BA and now I’m waitlisted, this sucks. 
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 885
    JDime20 said:
    I enjoy how the email says you get a code for each show you registered for. Yet I got one code when I registered for multiple shows. 
    +1
  • Options
    JDime20JDime20 Posts: 192
    JDime20 said:
    I enjoy how the email says you get a code for each show you registered for. Yet I got one code when I registered for multiple shows. 
    Because you only won that many. I only got 3/4.
    Again, it clearly says you are receiving a code for each show you registered for. Not some of them, not one of them, not 3/4. Each of them. That is a false statement. 
  • Options
    This sounds very stupid I know but can you use the Ticketmaster app?  Or does it have to be on the internet?  Thanks. 
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200

Got a Baltimore code and already have an in. Would trade two Baltimore for two msg if anyone is interested... Assuming I can get them tomorrow 
    I don't have MSG tickets, but if you can't find anyone, I would gladly take that Baltimore code off your hands.
    I got shut out of 10c and "waitlisted" 
  • Options
    KR197919 said:
    This sounds very stupid I know but can you use the Ticketmaster app?  Or does it have to be on the internet?  Thanks. 
    You can use the app. I think I’m gonna.