Senior members

Comments

• PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,678
    ComeToTX said:
    Member since ‘95 and I don’t feel that way even though back then your ability to get tix depended on seniority. 

Member longer than you, and your ability to get tickets has never depended on seniority.

No idea how this myth started and how it perpetuates.

Seniority has only and always come into play for determining seat locations.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    I'm just glad they went with a GA. For years the first 20 rows on the floor were dead. 

The tenclub makes money from people who sign up prior to a tour. They won't change that.
    This is true, however they will still get the sign ups and revenue based on hype of the tour and people who dont read rules well, assuming they can enter the lotto.

They will also have zero problem selling out. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    edited January 2020
    I'm just glad they went with a GA. For years the first 20 rows on the floor were dead. 

The tenclub makes money from people who sign up prior to a tour. They won't change that.
    I m guessing you weren’t in the first twenty rows because this is 100% false. 
    There were some historical shows from 98-2011 that had reserved seating.  I ve been too one dud in 58 shows, and that was Newark 2010.  The crowd finally came alive after go.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    This place never fails to entertain. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071

Exactly. The ten club is a business, they’re trying to make as much money as possible so that they have jobs and make the band money. As they should.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Long time member since 1995 - I don't feel entitled at all. Perhaps you can buddy up with a "senior member" who picked up two tickets? You might want to play nice though! Nobody would want to sit next to you with that kind of bad attitude. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Long time member since 1995 - I don't feel entitled at all. Perhaps you can buddy up with a "senior member" who picked up two tickets? You might want to play nice though! Nobody would want to sit next to you with that kind of bad attitude. 
    welcome back.
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    MG79478 said:
    Just because the club works the way it does, doesn't make it the best or correct way to do it.  It's just the most profitable way.  Since we can't have the old F5 system (which was the best), the way it currently works is optimal.  When I get 10C tickets it removes some of the more senior members from being in front of me.  If I don't get 10C tickets, I will simply get tickets elsewhere and be happy to be in the building. 

But to answer the OP's question... I'd imagine it's because of the loyalty.  Just like someone who's worked at a company for 30 years has EARNED more vacation than someone who started 2 years ago.  So why do you think that someone who hasn't been in the club very long is entitled to the same benefit as someone who has been in for xx years?
    I get the loyalty, that’s admirable. Do you deserve some perks? Yes. That’s your seat location. I believe everyone who pays their membership fees should get an equal chance. 
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • jstu39jstu39 Posts: 145
    Here’s the way I see it. Long time members have paid more fees received more benefits. Their 1996 fees got them 1996 benefits. Their 2009 fees got them 2009 benefits. And each persons 2020 fees get them the same benefits for 2020. Except senior members get better reserved seats, so there is a perk.  It would make no sense for PJ to de incentivize newer members from signing up by offering them less benefits for the same cost. Then no one would sign up.  
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,272
    edited January 2020
    I'm super old now. I'm scared alive. Near to death. I've had a great ride. Complaints? Nope!
    Life is way too short to worry about any fucking concert tickets for any band...
    Post edited by helplessdancer on
  • RS151862 said:
    This should lead to a pleasant exchange of ideas. 
    Hahaha!  Actually, this thread hasn't devolved the way I thought it would.  Nice.
    Give way to nature ...
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    jstu39 said:
    Here’s the way I see it. Long time members have paid more fees received more benefits. Their 1996 fees got them 1996 benefits. Their 2009 fees got them 2009 benefits. And each persons 2020 fees get them the same benefits for 2020. Except senior members get better reserved seats, so there is a perk.  It would make no sense for PJ to de incentivize newer members from signing up by offering them less benefits for the same cost. Then no one would sign up.  
    But...but....I've paid less than the price of one coffee a month to this band for 20 years.  I feel so cheated. 
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Member since ‘95 and I don’t feel that way even though back then your ability to get tix depended on seniority. 

Member longer than you, and your ability to get tickets has never depended on seniority.

In 1998 it did.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    jstu39 said:
    Yes. This is the correct answer
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
    edited January 2020
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I joined in 1998.  Got tickets to the Chicago show.  My first show. I guess you wish I didn't get tickets then. 

You probably would have aborted Beethoven too, ya jerk. 

I love this board!

ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I joined in 1998.  Got tickets to the Chicago show.  My first show. I guess you wish I didn't get tickets then. 

I love this board!

First show in 98?  What a late bloomer you were. ;)
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I love this board!

What was I going to do?  Drive 4 hours to Toledo when I was 14 to see Pearl Jam? 
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,733
    I don't get why people the F5 system was the better system. I'd rather try my luck at the draw then sitting there getting stressed for an hour with time outs and pages that don't load or take forever just for the illusion that I'm in control of my destiny.

I have no problems with the current system. Of course most tours I'm only trying for 1 or 2 shows. 
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    Seniority determining seat location is an excellent and frankly somewhat unfair perk perpetuated by this club to keep your membership revolving year-over-year. While it does reward loyalty, it is mostly a revenue tactic. Aside from business strategy, the club cares about us all equally. As it should.
  • AlaGAlaG Posts: 976
    I don't get why people the F5 system was the better system. I'd rather try my luck at the draw then sitting there getting stressed for an hour with time outs and pages that don't load or take forever just for the illusion that I'm in control of my destiny.

I have no problems with the current system. Of course most tours I'm only trying for 1 or 2 shows. 
    Selfish reasons. A lot of us were good at it and never got shut out.
    I feel like I would drop kick the next person I see.  I just gotta stay inside today. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I love this board!

What was I going to do?  Drive 4 hours to Toledo when I was 14 to see Pearl Jam? 
    Walk there wuss. 
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,671
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I love this board!

If you were a real  true hardcore fan you would have walked
    mcgruff10 said:
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.

I love this board!

If you were a real  true hardcore fan you would have walked
    100% agree.  
    You guys are so mean.  Here I am, paying dues for 22 years and some whippersnappers are fucking winning tickets after learning about the band 8 days ago while I'm the dufus sitting here having to buy pu….p...public sale tickets to a show for the first time in 22 years.   And then I come on here and get attacked for something I didn't do 24 years ago. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,204
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.
    No my member number has never assured me tickets only once u get tickets does your seniority go into play  ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    You guys are so mean.  Here I am, paying dues for 22 years and some whippersnappers are fucking winning tickets after learning about the band 8 days ago while I'm the dufus sitting here having to buy pu….p...public sale tickets to a show for the first time in 22 years.   And then I come on here and get attacked for something I didn't do 24 years ago. 
    You know how we roll.  That Toledo show could have changed your life, instead you were dancing to the Macarena at your local teen club.  
  • LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Posts: 555
    edited January 2020
    If you have one girlfriend for 20 years and 1 new side one for 5 minutes, which one has earned the "right" to tell you to F*** off when they find out? 
    Post edited by Ledbetterdays on
    Touring Fan since 1996
    ComeToTX said:
    Poncier said:
    ComeToTX said:

In 1998 it did.
    No my member number has never assured me tickets only once u get tickets does your seniority go into play  ..
    McGruff is gaining on your post count Jose.  Less than 1000 difference.