Senior members

gundagunda Posts: 97
edited January 2020 in The Porch
 Those of you who’ve been members for xx years. Why do you feel that you deserve a better chance for scoring tickets than newer members? You’re not guaranteed tickets by being a member longer than the newer members. Everyone gets a fair shot, your seniority comes in to play if you win and chose reserved tickets. Ten club goes above and beyond to get the most tickets in the hands of fans rather than scalpers. I get it sucks you didn’t get tickets. What I don’t get is the sense of entitlement, get over it and grow up already. 
8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
Post edited by gunda on

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    IBTL

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,640
    This should lead to a pleasant exchange of ideas. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023 • Baltimore 2024

• ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,659

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• kaikaikaikai Posts: 55
    RS151862 said:
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    ed243421 said:

LOL
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    Member since ‘95 and I don’t feel that way even though back then your ability to get tix depended on seniority. 

I’d like to see them go back to restricting 10C tickets to 1 or 2 shows per tour though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    gunda said:
     Those of you who’ve been members for xx years. Why do you feel that you deserve a better chance for scoring tickets than newer members? You’re not guaranteed tickets by being a member longer than the newer members. Everyone gets a fair shot, your seniority comes in to play if you win and chose reserved tickets. Ten club goes above and beyond to get the most tickets in the hands of fans rather than scalpers. I get it sucks you didn’t get tickets. What I don’t get is the sense of entitlement, get over it and grow up already. 
    Because we have to read crap like this 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Gold
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    RS151862 said:
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • Berlin2000Berlin2000 NYC Posts: 160
    I just has to chuckle over the fact that the term "senior members" will soon (or, probably, in some cases, already) mean "actual seniors" as opposed to "people who have been in the club for xx years."

In 5-10 years the content of a thread called "Senior members" will be: can you bring your walker into GA, should I take out my hearing aids during the show, why are all these young people even allowed to get tix, etc. ...

Oh wait, the last part is already happening!
    PJ: 2000-6-25: Berlin, GER | 2005-3-18: Seattle, WA | 2006-6-30: Milwaukee, WI | 2009-8-24: Chicago, IL | 2012-7-5: Berlin, GER | 2013-7-19: Chicago, IL | 2014-10-17: Moline, IL | 2014-10-20: Milwaukee, WI | 2016-8-20: Chicago 1, IL | 2016-8-22: Chicago 2, IL | 2018-8-18: Chicago N1 |  2018-8-20: Chicago 2, IL | 2021-9-18: Asbury Park, NJ | 2022-9-11: MSG, NY | 2023-9-5: Chicago, IL |
    EV: 2017-9-2: Dana Point, CA | 2022-2-3: NYC 1, NY | 2022-2-4: NYC 2, NY
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    edited January 2020
    gunda said:
    Because we've kept our membership up to date for over 20 years primarily for the privilege of obtaining Tenclub tickets. 

Now all you have to do is just sign up prior to the pre sale. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    www.myspace.com
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    ComeToTX said:
    Member since ‘95 and I don’t feel that way even though back then your ability to get tix depended on seniority. 

I’d like to see them go back to restricting 10C tickets to 1 or 2 shows per tour though. 
    Agreed.  If there are tickets leftover then have a second lottery.  They ve done it before. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    As an older member who rejoined after letting it lapse, I think they should consider a wait period for tickets (3 months, 6 months whatever) from the time you sign up, to when your eligible for tickets. 

By doing that, it would eliminate people reading a tour is upcoming then join, just to water down the odds. I'm not saying those who have or did do that aren't fans, I just think allowing a member to sign up 1 day before an announcement sucks, but it is what it is.

• As an older member who rejoined after letting it lapse, I think they should consider a wait period for tickets (3 months, 6 months whatever) from the time you sign up, to when your eligible for tickets. 

By doing that, it would eliminate people reading a tour is upcoming then join, just to water down the odds. I'm not saying those who have or did do that aren't fans, I just think allowing a member to sign up 1 day before an announcement sucks, but it is what it is.

That does seem like a good idea.
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,450
    As an older member who rejoined after letting it lapse, I think they should consider a wait period for tickets (3 months, 6 months whatever) from the time you sign up, to when your eligible for tickets. 

It does seem like it happened a lot this year if you go through places like Facebook, reddit, etc.  
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,320
    I'm entitled to it because I've paid more money than you.  That's why.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,989
    edited January 2020

That does seem like a good idea.
    No system is perfect, and I am not even sure what I suggested is something 10c could implement. I do think it needs to be tweaked though. 
  • gunda said:
    Because we've kept our membership up to date for over 20 years primarily for the privilege of obtaining Tenclub tickets. 

However I think it is fair that everyone who is in the 10C no matter when they started get the same chance otherwise age would give a big unfair advantage, no?

The 20 years of 10C is not simply only for ticket perks seeing as you also get all the other 10C stuff as well - I think that seniority with seating is a fair compromise where seniority applies but any PJ fan in 10C has a shot at actually seeing the band
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055

I don’t disagree with this, especially with the ability for rumors to spread online now compared to 10 years ago. I’d be fine with a one month waiting period for new members. 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Because we've kept our membership up to date for over 20 years primarily for the privilege of obtaining Tenclub tickets. 

People shouldn't have to wait for you to die to get in the building.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    edited January 2020

Where else does paying $20 a year get your such perks?  Us "seniors" have paid $20 a year and got access to numerous tours over the years.  We got our moneys worth for all of those prior tours.  We aren't owed anything.  It is awesome we still have seniority for seats still. 

"Look at me.  I paid like $450 over the last 25 years.  I should have stock in Pearl Jam and get royalties at this point.  Oh wait, so I just realized over 25 years I've paid the Ten Club essentially 25% of one month's rent on a decent apartment in a mid-sized city.  Yeah, Ten Club doesn't owe me anything."

Post edited by bootlegger10 on
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527

Yes they should. 
    www.myspace.com
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    This is going to be an impressive thread.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398

I don’t disagree with this, especially with the ability for rumors to spread online now compared to 10 years ago. I’d be fine with a one month waiting period for new members. 
    +1
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    Just because the club works the way it does, doesn't make it the best or correct way to do it.  It's just the most profitable way.  Since we can't have the old F5 system (which was the best), the way it currently works is optimal.  When I get 10C tickets it removes some of the more senior members from being in front of me.  If I don't get 10C tickets, I will simply get tickets elsewhere and be happy to be in the building. 

But to answer the OP's question... I'd imagine it's because of the loyalty.  Just like someone who's worked at a company for 30 years has EARNED more vacation than someone who started 2 years ago.  So why do you think that someone who hasn't been in the club very long is entitled to the same benefit as someone who has been in for xx years?
  • Because we've kept our membership up to date for over 20 years primarily for the privilege of obtaining Tenclub tickets. 

Yes they should. 
    Murders! Mayhem!
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,760
    Waiting period is a great idea. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • MG79478 said:
    Just because the club works the way it does, doesn't make it the best or correct way to do it.  It's just the most profitable way.  Since we can't have the old F5 system (which was the best), the way it currently works is optimal.  When I get 10C tickets it removes some of the more senior members from being in front of me.  If I don't get 10C tickets, I will simply get tickets elsewhere and be happy to be in the building. 

But to answer the OP's question... I'd imagine it's because of the loyalty.  Just like someone who's worked at a company for 30 years has EARNED more vacation than someone who started 2 years ago.  So why do you think that someone who hasn't been in the club very long is entitled to the same benefit as someone who has been in for xx years?
    But they don't get the same benefits since reserved seats are assigned by seniority
  • I'm just glad they went with a GA. For years the first 20 rows on the floor were dead. 

The tenclub makes money from people who sign up prior to a tour. They won't change that.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain Posts: 31,110
    edited January 2020
    There Juggler said:

Yes they should. 
    :rofl:
    The love he receives is the love that is saved