Shut out of 99% st. Louis?

124»

Comments

• cwjacwja Posts: 135
    Pretty obvious that the odds were not calculated correctly. Also obvious that they screwed up the Oakland and LA draws. Who screwed up and how we’ll probably never know.

Seems like most of the draws worked properly and they did a great job of securing more tickets. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,526
    cwja said:
    Pretty obvious that the odds were not calculated correctly. Also obvious that they screwed up the Oakland and LA draws. Who screwed up and how we’ll probably never know.

Seems like most of the draws worked properly and they did a great job of securing more tickets. 
    I would say calculated differently.  Ticketstoday may not have thought of it the same way as 10c did.  

And yah, for the most part it seems to have worked pretty well (hiccups aside).
  • cwja said:

Just curious - @cwja, do you have the Miami odds for reserved from 2016? I had that as my 4th pick and won. Lost MSG N2 as my 2nd pick.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

cwja said:

Just curious - @cwja, do you have the Miami odds for reserved from 2016? I had that as my 4th pick and won. Lost MSG N2 as my 2nd pick.
    Sorry I do not. I found this in another discussion on here.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,535
    cwja said:

16 vs 20 odds

Toronto 11 v 33
    Ottawa 28 v 59
    QC 44 v 79
    NYC 7/8 v 10

Pretty clear based on comparing the closing odds that they were based on first priority this time around. Unless you think demand dropped significantly. This would be especially unlikely because there was less risk in pursuing GA through the BA route this time around. 

There is no indication anywhere they changed how the odds were calculated. It’s more likely the odds deceased significantly at the end of registration, especially for the west time zone shows. This is the wording for older tours and the odds are per show not per priority

“The purpose of this tool is to show you the odds of being selected for a given show. The odds are calculated based on the number of entrants versus the number of tickets available. “
  • This☝🏼

Perhaps he should do some research as to who, what, when and why that term was even created and for what intended purpose.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • dutz054 said:
    Unless the odds dropped after the closed odds of 99%, Ireally think ticketmaster is withholding tickets.  
    Here come the conspiracy theories, Ticketmaster holding tickets to sell on the resale market that isn’t supposed to exist. Let’s all wrap ourselves in aluminum foil 
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.spin.com/2018/09/ticketmaster-scalpers-tradedesk%3famp=1

How about this for your conspiracy theory 
    This☝🏼

Perhaps they should do some research as to who, what, when and why that term was even created and for what intended purpose.

"he who forgets-will be destined to remember"

These were the final odds according to 10C. They dropped 1-3 points. The odds are solely to show demand but they were obviously either calculated differently or incorrect based on a simple comparison of the same shows four years ago. Or demand has dropped significantly.
  • cwja said:

These were the final odds according to 10C. They dropped 1-3 points. The odds are solely to show demand but they were obviously either calculated differently or incorrect based on a simple comparison of the same shows four years ago. Or demand has dropped significantly.
    Its clear that ticketstoday screwed the whole thing up. The posted odds at the end were 99%. Lets say it dropped lower than 99% after the final odds posted. it surely did not drop a lot. If the most sought after show was at 57% then St. Louis or any other show showing 99% wouldn't drop more than 10 or 15% anyway.

This many people shouldn't have been shut out with such great odds.  And seeing all the issues with email and St. Louis in general, it makes sense that the problem was with Ticketmaster. 

I do want to commend Tenclub for securing this many tickets. That was awesome and there were way more tickets available to us than ever before. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    I know a guy who knows a guy that works for Ticketmaster.  The guy I know has already been offered tickets to see Pearl Jam by his friend. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore