Options

Did anyone who asked for “reserved” only NOT get tickets?

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    edited January 2020
    There are perks to NYC in that every band you could possibly want to see plays there.  You can’t bitch about the reason that happens (a lot of people live there) or else you could lose the perk of having every band stop in your town.   Most of us have to pay a $300 to $500 premium to see the band between hotel and travel costs.
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    There are perks to NYC in that every band you could possibly want to see plays there.  You can’t bitch about the reason that happens (a lot of people live there) or else you could lose the perk of having every band stop in your town.   Most of us have to pay a $300 to $500 premium to see the band between hotel and travel costs.
    With the cost of living in NYC you are still making out better even with the premium stated.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,116
    VOLARE said:
    It has to be hard to live in a city and not get in through the lottery. That’s a tough one. I would love to hit a string of shows but logistically it doesn’t pan out with life and work. I took a swing for MSG GA. I didn’t win. It’s ok. Would have been really cool. There are sone  venues you just want to experience. Makes the lottery a good thing. I only put GA simply because travel8ng that far and seeing seat chart up to the rafters made me hesitate. I hope for a fall tour second leg closer to h9me and better luck in the lottery. Some of my favorite all time bands are on tour this year. It’s pretty exciting. PJ, RATM, RHCP, TOOL. 2020 looks pretty awesome to me.

im confused about all the adulation msg gets. I’m from here and I went out of my way to try for the one and only show within a four hour drive of here. I banked on the actual odds being 20% better in Balt. Big bonus, that arena is half the size of msg. I prioritized seeing the band, not that ugly rotunda.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    VOLARE said:
    It has to be hard to live in a city and not get in through the lottery. That’s a tough one. I would love to hit a string of shows but logistically it doesn’t pan out with life and work. I took a swing for MSG GA. I didn’t win. It’s ok. Would have been really cool. There are sone  venues you just want to experience. Makes the lottery a good thing. I only put GA simply because travel8ng that far and seeing seat chart up to the rafters made me hesitate. I hope for a fall tour second leg closer to h9me and better luck in the lottery. Some of my favorite all time bands are on tour this year. It’s pretty exciting. PJ, RATM, RHCP, TOOL. 2020 looks pretty awesome to me.

im confused about all the adulation msg gets. I’m from here and I went out of my way to try for the one and only show within a four hour drive of here. I banked on the actual odds being 20% better in Balt. Big bonus, that arena is half the size of msg. I prioritized seeing the band, not that ugly rotunda.
    This ^^^ person^^^ gets it.
  • Options
    That is all i asked for, not standing all day and night.  
    I was chosen for:
    Denver - Res
    Nashville - Res
    St. Louis - Res

My wife was chosen for:
    Nashville - Res

Every request we put in, we won.
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    I was chosen for:
    Denver - Res
    Nashville - Res
    St. Louis - Res

My wife was chosen for:
    Nashville - Res

What was your priority order for your 3 picks?
  • Options
    Jason7192 said:
    I was chosen for:
    Denver - Res
    Nashville - Res
    St. Louis - Res

My wife was chosen for:
    Nashville - Res

You mean which Cities?  I just chose Reserved.

Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

Just blindly chose by date of show.  I really didnt even put thought into priority of City.  

Where you at in Southern Indiana?
    Indy 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Champaign 2003
    Indy 2003
    St. Louis 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Indy 2010
    Hampton 2016
    Lexington 2016
    EV Bourbon and Beyond 2017
    Chicago N1 2018
    Chicago N2 2018
    Nashville 2022
    St Louis 2022
    Oklahoma City 2022
    Denver 2022
    Chicago N1 2023
    Chicago N2 2023
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    Jason7192 said:
    I was chosen for:
    Denver - Res
    Nashville - Res
    St. Louis - Res

My wife was chosen for:
    Nashville - Res

Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

Just blindly chose by date of show.  I really didnt even put thought into priority of City.  

Gotcha.

I'm in Newburgh. 
  • Options
    oraider926oraider926 Bay Area, CA Posts: 18
    I put in for Reserved seating for Oakland night's 1 and 2. Oak 1 was my first priority. I got Oak 2, but have not received confirmation or denial for Oak 1. 
    I'm not feeling great about it at this point. 
  • Options
    Lost with reserved only for Oakland 1 in the 4 priority spot.
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited January 2020
    Been a member since the early 90's and still got declined for NYC tickets.  Total BS!!!!   It is New York and it is the first time I've ever been declined.... oh well....  $1000 for 2 balcony seats on ticket selling sites..... Rip Off!!!
    It's 1 NYC show!... with no shows in Philly, Boston, Pitt.  etc....etc... what do you expect? lowest odds of all shows...maybe ever! 

BTW I see it's your first post ever! Welcome!

So no happy posts all those other years after winning? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Jason7192 said:
    I was chosen for:
    Denver - Res
    Nashville - Res
    St. Louis - Res

My wife was chosen for:
    Nashville - Res

Nashville
    St. Louis
    Denver

I'm in Georgetown, are you in Southern Indiana?
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 249
    Denied for Nashville Reserved. Odds said 99 percent. 
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    ontheroad said:
    You got a rejection email?
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    Did you just find out?
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    ontheroad said:
    same, 3rd choice.  
  • Options
    Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 492
    ontheroad said:
    You got a rejection email?
    I got a rejection email for Nashville Reserved. 
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    myoung321 said:
    Been a member since the early 90's and still got declined for NYC tickets.  Total BS!!!!   It is New York and it is the first time I've ever been declined.... oh well....  $1000 for 2 balcony seats on ticket selling sites..... Rip Off!!!
    It's 1 NYC show!... with no shows in Philly, Boston, Pitt.  etc....etc... what do you expect? lowest odds of all shows...maybe ever! 

BTW I see it's your first post ever! Welcome!

So no happy posts all those other years after winning? 
    57% isn't anywhere close to the lowest odds ever. people were hitting claims in the 50% range with 2nd and 3rd picks in 2016 arenas. 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    MH351 said:
    tubes10s said:
    MH351 said:
    57Goldtop said:
    I only selected reserved Baltimore.  Shut out.  Bullshit.  Ten club member since 2000
    How long you have been a member isn't a factor. 
    What are the factors?

Getting your name drawn for tickets was random.  The only thing that seniority gets you is better seats in the reserved section AFTER your name is randomly drawn.  Seniority has zero effect on GA tickets.  
    Thanks, explained well.  I got reserved tickets to Nashville. Last show was 9-17-95 New Orleans.
    That was an amazing show. My first

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Did you just find out?
    Emailed them at noon today.  THey emailed back around 4 hours later.
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    edited January 2020

VOLARE said:

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE IS TOURING THIS YEAR?!
    where is this info?  when?  where?  and most importantly, how the fuck do i get tickets?!
    Post edited by decides2dream on
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    I just have one question for the 10C.  Why did 10 of 12 shows have 99% for reserved and people lost out on all of them?  If they could just explain it for us instead of all of speculating that would be great.  It will save a lot of bitching in the future.  Be transparent. 
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    I just have one question for the 10C.  Why did 10 of 12 shows have 99% for reserved and people lost out on all of them?  If they could just explain it for us instead of all of speculating that would be great.  It will save a lot of bitching in the future.  Be transparent. 
    Pretty sure no shows ended at 99% for Res when entry closed ... did not matter what % showed when you may have entered your request. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JF129758JF129758 East Northport, NY Posts: 74
    Only put in for Reserved MSG and got shut out.
  • Options
    GlttrGrrlGlttrGrrl Posts: 129
    Only requested tickets for one show, and only requested reserved seats -- MSG. Didn't get them. Have only been completely shut out once before - Santa Barbara Bowl back in 2006, which is a much smaller venue and totally understandable. This is beyond disappointing. The only reason I keep my membership is for tickets, and I didn't get them, but people who had MSG as their second choice still got tickets. I really miss the days when you could choose one show per leg for TC tix
  • Options
    GlttrGrrl said:
    Only requested tickets for one show, and only requested reserved seats -- MSG. Didn't get them. Have only been completely shut out once before - Santa Barbara Bowl back in 2006, which is a much smaller venue and totally understandable. This is beyond disappointing. The only reason I keep my membership is for tickets, and I didn't get them, but people who had MSG as their second choice still got tickets. I really miss the days when you could choose one show per leg for TC tix
    I don't believe anyone who had MSG as 2nd priority got tickets
  • Options
    MH351MH351 Posts: 8
    lolobugg said:
    MH351 said:
    tubes10s said:
    MH351 said:
    57Goldtop said:
    I only selected reserved Baltimore.  Shut out.  Bullshit.  Ten club member since 2000
    What are the factors?

Getting your name drawn for tickets was random.  The only thing that seniority gets you is better seats in the reserved section AFTER your name is randomly drawn.  Seniority has zero effect on GA tickets.  
    Thanks, explained well.  I got reserved tickets to Nashville. Last show was 9-17-95 New Orleans.
    That was an amazing show. My first
    what shows on this 2020 tour are you attending?

• Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    VOLARE said:

I’ve never been.  Grew up watching LZ Song Remains the Same a ton.  Would be cool to see your fav band playing in a venue with that much history.  
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena
    6-20-14 Milan
    6-22-14 Trieste
    11-28-15 Mexico City
  • Options
    I totally agree. 
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    MH351 said:
    tubes10s said:
    MH351 said:
    57Goldtop said:
    What are the factors?

That's a long time. I was at that show in New Orleans, my first one with the Ramones, the pit was true mosh. It rained. Never forget it.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016