Options

Did anyone who asked for “reserved” only NOT get tickets?

Hold OnHold On Posts: 80
edited January 2020 in The Porch
I put “reserved” as my only choice for tickets (not Pit or Best Available) and got tickets for all four shows I asked for (San Diego is still pending as a fifth).  I’m interested in hearing, did anyone who chose “reserved” to a show with 99 percent odds NOT get tickets?   

Comments

• Options
    I put in for Denver and NYC, reserved for both, and haven't heard yet. My buddy put in for GA floor for Denver and got denied.  Any reason I haven't heard you think? Since my buddy got denied GA Denver, I'm curious do Ten Club members have a better chance at reserved tickets over GA?
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    My dad put in for reserved only for Denver, first choice, and didn’t get any email. 
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    JRDAY89 said:
    My dad put in for reserved only for Denver, first choice, and didn’t get any email. 
    He contact his CC company?
  • Options
    JRDAY89JRDAY89 Oklahoma City Posts: 126
    cutz said:
    JRDAY89 said:
    Not yet. I would’ve thought if there was an issue with the card that Ticketmaster would’ve emailed him about that. 
    2013: Oklahoma City
    2014: St. Louis, Tulsa, Lincoln, Denver
    2016: MSG I, MSG II
    2018: Wrigley I, Wrigley II
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    I put in for Baltimore RES, first priority, still waiting for my email. Fingers and toes crossed. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,430
    JRDAY89 said:
    cutz said:
    JRDAY89 said:
    Not yet. I would’ve thought if there was an issue with the card that Ticketmaster would’ve emailed him about that. 
    It might not hurt to contact them to see if he's been charged or not.
  • Options
    "If you are confirmed for a show, but your card is declined for any reason, you will be contacted by Ticketstoday."

I'm not worried about the credit card being an issue - I'm just worried about not getting tickets. Does anyone know if Ten Club members generally have a better shot at reserved tix over GA?
  • Options
    Been a member since the early 90's and still got declined for NYC tickets.  Total BS!!!!   It is New York and it is the first time I've ever been declined.... oh well....  $1000 for 2 balcony seats on ticket selling sites..... Rip Off!!!
    A M Meriano
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,177
    Can we stop trying to figure out if certain seating choices got prioritized over others? They didn’t. End of story.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    CL93527CL93527 Posts: 22
    I selected only reserve seats for both LA shows - didnt want pit. Declined for both. First time this has happened for a tour - member for 19 years
  • Options
    57Goldtop57Goldtop Posts: 218
    I only selected reserved Baltimore.  Shut out.  Bullshit.  Ten club member since 2000
  • Options
    Yes . I did reserve seating only with commemorative tickets and got the denial email little bit ago. It does ask the question why pay 10C dues for 20+ yrs and can’t get two tickets to the show closest to you . I get theres a group that have the life and can go to every show. I don’t think it’s crazy though for long time or even new Ten Club members to get a shot at their show in their state / location first. Most people like myself can’t get up and plan a trip 2-3,000 miles away.  
     I mean think about this scenario for one second. You live 3 minutes walking distance to a venue. You can see it from your front porch. You pay dues for 20+ years for basically first crack at tickets. The other stuff is good too don’t get me wrong but concerts are the biggest reason by far. Now how do you feel if YOUR band, the band that’s been your everything is playing 3 minutes, or about 300 yards from your house or apartment and you can’t even go and see them ? Yet folks from far away are going and it’s their 3rd show this week. That’s an EXTREMELY hard pill to swallow. This is in no way a shot  at those who are going. You should have the right to go as well. I just don’t think the guy in this scenario shouldn’t be in there with you.
    I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired..
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 899
    Is ticket demand really that high for these shows not at major venues like msg?
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,865
    Baltimore (I know it was like 57% odds), Nashville, and St. Louis, in that order. Only got Nashville. 
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Been a member since the early 90's and still got declined for NYC tickets.  Total BS!!!!   It is New York and it is the first time I've ever been declined.... oh well....  $1000 for 2 balcony seats on ticket selling sites..... Rip Off!!!
    Consider yourself fortunate that it took 30 years for you to finally miss out on tickets.

What horseshit you just wrote.
  • Options
    amethgr8amethgr8 Posts: 766
    PearlJutt said:
    Yes . I did reserve seating only with commemorative tickets and got the denial email little bit ago. It does ask the question why pay 10C dues for 20+ yrs and can’t get two tickets to the show closest to you . I get theres a group that have the life and can go to every show. I don’t think it’s crazy though for long time or even new Ten Club members to get a shot at their show in their state / location first. Most people like myself can’t get up and plan a trip 2-3,000 miles away.  
     I mean think about this scenario for one second. You live 3 minutes walking distance to a venue. You can see it from your front porch. You pay dues for 20+ years for basically first crack at tickets. The other stuff is good too don’t get me wrong but concerts are the biggest reason by far. Now how do you feel if YOUR band, the band that’s been your everything is playing 3 minutes, or about 300 yards from your house or apartment and you can’t even go and see them ? Yet folks from far away are going and it’s their 3rd show this week. That’s an EXTREMELY hard pill to swallow. This is in no way a shot  at those who are going. You should have the right to go as well. I just don’t think the guy in this scenario shouldn’t be in there with you.
    I understand and thought the same at one point.  I am in the Chicago area and cannot always travel over 500 miles, pay hotel, to see a show..I have but not always an option.  the last few times PJ has been in the Chicago area, it has been Wrigley.  I saw them there once and that was enough.  I would go to Allstate arena or Tinley Park but don't need to do Wrigley again.  So closer shows like OH and MI are a better option.  I would think maybe a regional selection but then that is giving priority to residents over non-residents.  Some areas of the country don't have large venues within 100 miles that they play regularly.  It's hard to catch everyone, all the right time in their lives, with the right amount of money and work schedules.  

I think they have to do what we do with the lottery, pick your shows and hope for the best, FWIW.
    Amy The Great #74594
    New Orleans LA 7/4/95 reschedule 9/17/95
    Chicago IL 1998, 10/9/00, 06/18/03, 05/16/06, 05/17/06
    08/23/09, 08/24/09, Lolla 08/05/07
    Champaign IL 4/23/03
    Grand Rapids MI VFC 10/03/04
    Grand Rapids MI 19May06
    Noblesville IN 05/07/10 Cleveland OH 05/09/10
    PJ 20 2011
    Baltimore MD, Charlottesville VA, Seattle WA 2013
    St. Louis MO, Milwaukee WI 2014
    Tampa FL, Chicago IL, Lexington KY 2016
    Missoula MT 2018
  • Options
    57Goldtop said:
    I only selected reserved Baltimore.  Shut out.  Bullshit.  Ten club member since 2000
    How long you have been a member isn't a factor. 
  • Options
    MH351MH351 Posts: 8
    57Goldtop said:
    What are the factors?

• Options
    Hitch24Hitch24 Buffalo, NY Posts: 31
    I put in for Baltimore reserve seats (only US show so automatically #1) and lost out.
    '03 - Buffalo
    '16 - Toronto (Night 1), Boston (Night 2)
    '18 - Chicago (Night 1 & 2)
    '22 - Toronto
  • Options
    tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    MH351 said:
    57Goldtop said:
    What are the factors?

Getting your name drawn for tickets was random.  The only thing that seniority gets you is better seats in the reserved section AFTER your name is randomly drawn.  Seniority has zero effect on GA tickets.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • Options
    MH351MH351 Posts: 8
    tubes10s said:
    MH351 said:
    57Goldtop said:
    What are the factors?

Getting your name drawn for tickets was random.  The only thing that seniority gets you is better seats in the reserved section AFTER your name is randomly drawn.  Seniority has zero effect on GA tickets.  
    Thanks, explained well.  I got reserved tickets to Nashville. Last show was 9-17-95 New Orleans.
  • Options
    BE9456BE9456 Posts: 145
    CL93527 said:
    I selected only reserve seats for both LA shows - didnt want pit. Declined for both. First time this has happened for a tour - member for 19 years
    I got both LA, best available, as my 4th and 5th choice, you must have done something wrong.
  • Options
    gatorjamgatorjam West Palm Beach, Florida Posts: 187
    Have not received a denial for St. Louis, put BA for it. No notification. 
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • Options
    davidosdavidos Posts: 468
    Put in for Reserved in NYC 1st choice (from NY) and Reserved Balt 2nd choice. Member # 75xxx.

DENIED for both....

Gutted. 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    BE9456 said:
    CL93527 said:
    I got both LA, best available, as my 4th and 5th choice, you must have done something wrong.
    @BE9456 can you include a screenshot of your entry confirmation showing those priorities? 
  • Options
    gatorjam said:
    Have not received a denial for St. Louis, put BA for it. No notification. 
    My card has been charged but I still haven't got an email.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    BE9456 said:
    CL93527 said:
    Or there was a glitch. 
  • Options
    I only put Reserved for Nashville and I got tickets.  My husband is a member too and he got them as well, only putting reserved
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    Denied for Baltimore RES, 1st priority. Received my 2nd priority, STL RES. 
  • Options
    VOLAREVOLARE Posts: 314
    It has to be hard to live in a city and not get in through the lottery. That’s a tough one. I would love to hit a string of shows but logistically it doesn’t pan out with life and work. I took a swing for MSG GA. I didn’t win. It’s ok. Would have been really cool. There are sone  venues you just want to experience. Makes the lottery a good thing. I only put GA simply because travel8ng that far and seeing seat chart up to the rafters made me hesitate. I hope for a fall tour second leg closer to h9me and better luck in the lottery. Some of my favorite all time bands are on tour this year. It’s pretty exciting. PJ, RATM, RHCP, TOOL. 2020 looks pretty awesome to me.
    8-28-92 Harriet Island
    6-16-93 University Theatre, UM
    2-8-95 Adams Field House
    6-20-98 Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    5-28-03 Adams Field House
    8-29-05 Adams Field House
    7-22-06 Gorge Amphitheater
    9-3-11 Alpine Valley
    9-30-12 Adams Field House
    10-31-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    11-01-12 The Pearl - Eddie Vedder
    9-6-13 Key Arena