10C help ASAP Double billing of Gigaton, may affect funds needed for ticket payment, may lose tix!

Comments

• prljmr316prljmr316 Posts: 162
    The whole purpose of this thread was to potentially save some fellow fans from getting getting screwed out of thier tickets! Wish I could have stated that at the beginning of the thread, not the end! But alas, out came the word salad! Haha! Myself and others took it it many other directions, which led here! I am guessing this thread should die now for the good of all humanity! Haha! Bye bye!
    John Strohmeyer
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,055
    Holy shit 
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
    Finally Ten Club speaks! Others were double billed as well, not just me! Sweet redemption! I am not totally insane after all! Lol!
    John Strohmeyer
    More glitches apparently they are removing the extra charges and are aware!
    John Strohmeyer
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    prljmr316 said:
    Finally Ten Club speaks! Others were double billed as well, not just me! Sweet redemption! I am not totally insane after all! Lol!
    Not so fast.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    Boy, that's a lot of exclamation points. Reminds me of someone. :confused:

Good luck getting your issues ironed out. Was a bit long. Stopped reading after the third !
    You ain’t kidding, sister!
    Ok, I may have some work to do, I will give you that! Haha! But not complete of my rocker, though it may appear so!
    John Strohmeyer
  • JC29866JC29866 Posts: 85
    If a $50 record creates financial crisis for you, perhaps you should be saving your money instead of buying records and concert tickets.  Everyone should have an emergency fund. 
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    JC29866 said:
    If a $50 record creates financial crisis for you, perhaps you should be saving your money instead of buying records and concert tickets.  Everyone should have an emergency fund. 
    Unnecessary. Don't be a dick. 
    Perhaps you should not meddle and dictate how others live there lives! Did I do that to you? I suppose poor people should just suffer and never enjoy themselves because people with there cup already overfilled state so and are Supreme rulers!
    John Strohmeyer
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,954
    And, anyway I was just reading your final edit, um, there seems to be an inordinate number of exclamation points.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

It was damp and chilly afternoon, so I decided to put on my sweatshirt!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• What. In. The. Actual. Fuck?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    I pulled the lever on the machine, but the Clark bar didn't come out!

• ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

He wasn't being a dick, that was a dose of reality. The wording may be a little harsh, but the point is valid. "I didn't have enough in my account to cover both the album and the tickets if a computer snafu occurred!!!!  Help me!"  Bullshit. If you can't afford to do both, but you really want to see them live, make a choice. It's that simple. These are first world problems, this isn't, "Do I have enough in my account to actually eat today?". Giving someone the straight truth isn't always being a dick.
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL; 9/3/24 New York, NY; 9/17/24 Boston, MA.
    Myra had the baby!

Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

He wasn't being a dick, that was a dose of reality. The wording may be a little harsh, but the point is valid. "I didn't have enough in my account to cover both the album and the tickets if a computer snafu occurred!!!!  Help me!"  Bullshit. If you can't afford to do both, but you really want to see them live, make a choice. It's that simple. These are first world problems, this isn't, "Do I have enough in my account to actually eat today?". Giving someone the straight truth isn't always being a dick.
    Like finds like. 
    Emergency funds are great ideas, but some people do nothing but tread water thier whole lives just to survive and rarely even get to ponder the notion of ever starting one! And if they are lucky enough to, usually the first unexpected expense wipes it out, rinse repeat starts right over! Never ending cycle! Escaping poverty is damn near impossible for many, statistically proven, don't ask me to find the source, but the studies have been done, and can be found. Endless poverty can be set in stone by societal roadblocks, not just character flaws! The roadblocks can lead to character flaws because get force people down! Meanwhile billionares could never spend deplete there stash in their lifetimes. I ask, is that right in any reality, I am not hating on successful people and how they live their lives, if you earned it, and struggled to get it, enjoy it! I would too, but don't just assume a person is flawed because they are poor, and are subject to a different standard than others! That's bullshit!
    John Strohmeyer
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

Like finds like. 
    I guess add me to that group.

Sometimes you have to take finances vs priorities into account. Believe me, as an artist with a park naturalist as a husband, we aren't at all in high earner status. It's okay.  And OP, I did grow up poor.

If the OP hadn't! put! his! financial! laundry! out! to! dry! on a public forum, perhaps this conversation would have gone a different way. 

Summed up into one nice paragraph:

Hey all, I noticed 10c accidentally charged my account twice for my purchase of Gigaton. FYI in case it might affect your ticket purchases. Good luck! 
    Post edited by deadendp on
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

Like finds like. 

Hey great retort man, got anything substantive to say?
    10/2/96 Hartford, CT; 9/13/98 Hartford, CT; 8/30/00 Mansfield, MA; 7/9/03 New York, NY; 9/29/04 Boston, MA; 5/13/06 Hartford, CT; 6/27/08 Hartford, CT; 10/30/09 Philadelphia, PA; 5/15/10 Hartford, CT; EV 6/18/11 Hartford, CT; 10/15/13 Worcester, MA; 10/16/13 Worcester, MA; 10/25/13 Hartford, CT; 9/26/15 New York, NY; 8/5/16 Boston, MA; 8/7/16 Boston, MA; EV @ Paradise Club 4/29/17 Boston, MA; 9/2/18 Boston, MA; EV & Earthlings 2/4/22 New York, NY; 9/11/22, New York, NY; 9/5/23 Chicago, IL; 9/3/24 New York, NY; 9/17/24 Boston, MA.
    This exact issue with the double billing and insufficient funds all this! This is an example of a roadblock, creates problems only mostly poor people face, if you have even just a middle class income, you will never likely have to deal with it ever, but poor people do all the time! And quite frequently! We get used to it and can spot these things before they even arise! There an easy answer, no, but at least we can give a heads up to those in a similar situation, and not insult them for it! Not their fault shit was double billed, but them be punished for being poor! It's a computer glitch as I suspected! But yet we should just give up are tickets because we have these roadblocks other don't! Blame the victim, not the problem is how many see it! Bitch to the computer glitch, not victims who may lose thier tickets simply because they get double billed through no fault of their own! Where does it state in the ticket rules you are expected to have any emergency fund to cover for computer glitches even Ten Club can't seem to get a hold of! Nobody should be blamed, lastly a poor person who may have followed all the rules, and is about to possibly get really fucked over by stupid daily roadblocks, others never even face!
    Enough said where is my rock, am am crawling back in!
    John Strohmeyer
  • Mr. HandMr. Hand Posts: 95
    edited January 2020
    prljmr316 said:
    Emergency funds are great ideas, but some people do nothing but tread water thier whole lives just to survive and rarely even get to ponder the notion of ever starting one! And if they are lucky enough to, usually the first unexpected expense wipes it out, rinse repeat starts right over! Never ending cycle! Escaping poverty is damn near impossible for many, statistically proven, don't ask me to find the source, but the studies have been done, and can be found. Endless poverty can be set in stone by societal roadblocks, not just character flaws! The roadblocks can lead to character flaws because get force people down! Meanwhile billionares could never spend deplete there stash in their lifetimes. I ask, is that right in any reality, I am not hating on successful people and how they live their lives, if you earned it, and struggled to get it, enjoy it! I would too, but don't just assume a person is flawed because they are poor, and are subject to a different standard than others! That's bullshit!

Nobody accused you of having a "character flaw", so let's stop the pity party. You started this thread and have thrown your whole financial status/personal life out there for people to consider. So we are considering.  If one is only "treading water" to survive, like many people actually are in this world, they're not on a PJ forum complaining about overdraft charges getting them booted from buying concert tickets for $125.00 + a pop. That's not "treading water", that's bad financial management.  Those actually "treading water" don't even have a credit card, or funds to pay for dinner, let alone a membership to the 10 Club.  I'm starting to this think this whole thread is a hoax and I should have known better.  Shame on me for that.
    Post edited by Mr. Hand on
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

Like finds like. 

That saying the same thing in more words than the first person doesn't make you less of a dick? Just about anytime someone feels the need to give a stranger a "dose of reality," they're being a dick. 
    Mr. Hand said:
    prljmr316 said:

Nobody accused you of having a "character flaw", so let's stop the pity party. You started this thread and have thrown your whole financial status/personal life out there for people to consider. So we are considering.  If one is only "treading water" to survive, like many people actually are in this world, they're not on a PJ forum complaining about overdraft charges getting them booted from buying concert tickets for $125.00 + a pop. That's not "treading water", that's bad financial management.  Those actually "treading water" don't even have a credit card, or funds to pay for dinner, let alone a membership to the 10 Club.  I'm starting to this think this whole thread is a hoax and I should have known better.  Shame on me for that.
    Sweet, an expert on the poors. 
  • deadendp said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

Like finds like. 
    I guess add me to that group.

Sometimes you have to take finances vs priorities into account. Believe me, as an artist with a park naturalist as a husband, we aren't at all in high earner status. It's okay.  And OP, I did grow up poor.

If the OP hadn't! put! his! financial! laundry! out! to! dry! on a public forum, perhaps this conversation would have gone a different way. 

Summed up into one nice paragraph:

Hey all, I noticed 10c accidentally charged my account twice for my purchase of Gigaton. FYI in case it might affect your ticket purchases. Good luck! 

Agree.
    However, I know you...and can say with reasonable certainty that the only 8 ball you have encountered was on a pool table....so the brevity thing?  Yay, I am not sure that was under his control, as he admitted.
    ;)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    JC29866 said:

Like finds like. 

That saying the same thing in more words than the first person doesn't make you less of a dick? Just about anytime someone feels the need to give a stranger a "dose of reality," they're being a dick. 

Thanks "thread cop", I'll be sure to watch my P's and Q's when you're around,
  • ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    prljmr316 said:

Get over yourself pal.

Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    prljmr316 said:

Get over yourself pal.

Me? You're the one lecturing internet strangers on their finances: "Do like I do, and you too can kiss a stringray!" 
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    ecdanc said:
    Mr. Hand said:
    prljmr316 said:

Get over yourself pal.

Me? You're the one lecturing internet strangers on their finances: "Do like I do, and you too can kiss a stringray!" 
    Didn't that kill Steve Erwin? 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1