10C help ASAP Double billing of Gigaton, may affect funds needed for ticket payment, may lose tix!

prljmr316prljmr316 Posts: 162
edited January 2020 in The Porch
Double check your bank account balance and transactions!

Your available funds may be lower than you think due to double billing of new album 

If you typically run a low or zero balance, your available funds may not cover the tix cost! " poor folks issues!

If declined for insufficient funds, you may lose the tix you just won!!

If at all possible top off your account to cover the discrepancy, like right now, before any charges post! Refunds can take days to post, tying up your ticket money!

We await a reply from Ten Club

Edited for some resemblance of clarity and consiseness, unlike my earlier ramblings below!

Time is of the essence to act quickly

It might just be my account alone with this issue, but posted in case others have the same issue!

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere, but I don't see any recent awwwawww see we2 on this after a quick search for one! The sky may or may not be falling for some! Not trying to cause massive panic! But felt I should be proactive in warning others of this potential disaster set up! Time is of the essence! Double check your bank accounts now to ensure sufficient funds are available for the incoming ticket charges. Many may be unaware of a double billing due to a glitch affecting thier balance! I purchased the new albums apparently on 1-13-2020 according to the Ten Club order history! I happened to log into my bank account to check my balance, which was lower than it should have been! The album was billed again on 1-15-2020! This is a double billing, please refund one of them! Be warned, for poorer fans such as myself, many times there is just enough money in the account to cover recent charges. I also applied to the Ten Club ticket pre-sale for 1 ticket! If I win a ticket in the lottery, there will now not be enough money in the account to cover the ticket cost, due to the double billing of the album! I am guessing this error is a result of the authorization glitch a day or two ago when us fans overwhelmed the system, and emails were sent out warning of an address mismatch! This double billing of the album is a potential disaster in the making for us poorer fans with just enough money in their accounts to cover the album, and ticket costs, but now with the double billing, funds may not be there to cover the cost of the tickets, a refund is due, but may not post in a timely enough manner to avoid a declined transaction once the tickets are billed to our accounts! Possibility resulting in a lost chance at tickets, even if we won in the lottery, and we're under the impression we had enough money in the account for the tickets, but now don't due to the double billing of the album! I have seen no mention about this in the forums! And only knew about it due to logging into my bank account! I am just now getting around to contacting Ten Club. Fans with ample additional funds in there accounts likely won't have an issue while waiting for the double billing refund to post! Poorer fans may be hit hard and will not know until they lose there tickets to to a declined transaction for insufficient funds for ticket charges! I was proactive in finding $100 to cover my account! I am lucky to have seen this, most won't know until it is too late I fear, and they won't get the tickets they deserve, due to a computer glitch and double billing that is not their fault! I had to embarrassingly borrow money from a single mother on government assistance until the refund posts! Hopefully Ten Club already knows about this and is prepared for it! If not it may cause major issues for poorer fans or those with insufficient funds, potentially losing thier tickets through no fault of their own! I believe simply holding off on billing for tickets until the double billing of the albums refunds post to our account will remedy this situation! It may take days however depending on individual banking timelines! But this may have disaster written all over it if this is not addressed immediately! Ten Club is great and you do great work, and are probably on top of this already! Not the club's fault either, only the glitches but if this is not known about poorer fans may be screwed! Please get on this now so it doesn't happen! I kindly ask you please refund the double billing now, so our money will free up as soon as possible, and we don't lose our tickets over a declined for insufficient charges, that should never have happneed and most may be unaware of! Thanks for reading and attending to this now before it's too late for many! Again the double billing only shows in my personal bank account, it is not showing in the Ten Club order history for me! Thanks, sorry again if already addressed! Not trying to get 10 Club inundated with even more inquries than they already have, but saw potential issues with this and felt obligated to prepare others! Hopefully a quick and calming reply will arrive soon from 10C! Please delete if this if it's doing more harm than good! Felt others deserved a heads up though
John Strohmeyer
Post edited by prljmr316 on

Comments

• prljmr316prljmr316 Posts: 162
    Damn, sorry for the above book, just concerned! This may just be an issue with my account only! 

However if this is a system wide issue, it could affect anyone who pre-ordered the album, and also applied for 10C tix, and has minimal funds in thier accounts!

Bottom line, double check your bank accounts to ensure sufficient funds for ticket charges! If you are double billed for the album like I was, your available balance may not be sufficient for tix charges! 

If your transaction is declined for insufficient funds, you may potentially lose your tix, believing you have an adequate balance, but you actually don't do to the album double billing, and refunds taking days to post!

If this is your case, get money in your account ASAP if you can! If not possible I would contact 10 Club ASAP! This could be an unintended nightmare about to occur! Typically affect the poorer members, or those with lower balances on their accounts!

I am waiting for a reply from 10C myself as of this time!

John Strohmeyer
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,555

It was supposed to be fixed, according to the above thread.

I believe this is due to a computer glitch a day or two ago affecting authorizations on pre-orders of the new album! May not be, but that is my suspiction! Hopefully the 10C is aware and prepared before anyone gets screwed on tix cuz of a double billing no one is aware of! Hope Its just my account and nobody else, but felt obligated to warn others of the potential! I had to borrow money to get my balance up to sufficient level for the incoming tix charges! A declined transaction for insufficient funds may cost you your tix! And you may not even be aware of double billing r insufficient funds. I just stumbled into it while randomly check my balance, only to find my balance insufficient to cover tix, through no fault my my own!
    John Strohmeyer
    It's likely tix will be charged before any refunds can post to accounts due to bank timelines! Be proactive people, double check your balance and transactions now if sufficient funds for tix are even borderline questionable do to double billing! Ten Club can't save us all, and reply to all when this busy, help yourself if you are able!
    John Strohmeyer
    Yes Santos was on it quick the other day with that message, thought everything would be ok!
    John Strohmeyer
    Hope they are just as quick when they get to work in the morning! Hopefully they already know! I just saw a potential for tragedy for us broke folks and had to alert immediately, even if scrambled and rambling! The sky is likely not falling, and I am just going overboard, but be aware nonetheless! Don't want anyone screwed on tix! Hoping all will be ok come morning!
    John Strohmeyer
    Hope they are able to just delay billing tix, until double billing refunds post! Should be a simple remedy hopefully! Meantime we shall wait for a statement suppose! If you can top off your account asap in the meantime, that's the best protection! Shitty for those that can't though and just have to wait and see what happens!
    John Strohmeyer
    Sadly most probably don't even know if this happened to them! I was lucky to have looked at my account and was lent money cover the potential discrepency until refunds post. I could have been fucked myself very easily! We shall see how it plays out!
    John Strohmeyer
    At this overnite juncture I would say I am just an overparanoind drama queen, it's a problem with my account only, and I just caused migraines and bunch of unnessary email inundation for this amazing fan club's worker bees! Sorry all if this is the case! Hopefully they will see my idiotic fears and move along not it hitting "SEND", and go top up their accounts if possible! But that would require reading! Haha! I don't even want to read my crazy ramblings! Haha! 

I almost never post mostly lurk and read myself, wouldn't have said a thing if I saw it addressed elsewhere! 

I suppose I will awake to find myself a fool tomorrow afternoon here!
     That said if I was somehow a hero and saved even just one person from impending doom, it was all its was worth the self humiliation! Haha! 
    If somehow I am that unlikely hero, a signed Gigaton and/or a meet and greet pass in Denver would be a nice reward! Wink Wink! Would never expect such a special thing though, so many other do so much more for others than I could ever dream of! They deserve something like that way more than me I just stumbled into this issue!

We are limited on time to act, so the alert felt necessary!

Good night all, see exactly how big a fool I am this afternoon when I awake! Haha!

Gotta laugh at yourself right! Lol!
    Guessing I repeated myself 20 times at least, I am not rereading my ramblings though! Haha!

All will be ok in the morning I hope! 

Hope to meet some of you in the Denver pit, if not, somewhere in the big Pepsi Can.

John Strohmeyer
    Even if all hell breaks loose, 10 Club is better on thier worst day, than others on their best!
    Feeling positive vibes now that they are already on this, or will have some plan to help everyone that is in this spot with their accounts!

John Strohmeyer
  • Wow
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,194
    FFS
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • I would think the fan message board is the worst place to write all this, maybe an email to someone that will read and respond? 
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Jason7192Jason7192 Posts: 312
    Is Stefan back?
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Jason7192 said:
    Is Stefan back?

LOL

"Cocaine is a helluva drug"

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

An email was sent first as is the norm! This was posted to help others that may have the same issue! I may be the ultimate fool, but just trying to help others! Thanks for the judgemental and condescending attitude from some of you! I realize this isn't an issue for most here! But it may be for more than you think! Why don't you continue bitching about not getting a good rate on your 20th hotel reservation of the tour of which you attend every show! Or whatever the popular bitchfest of the day around here is! Some people are lucky to go to one show, and this issue could end that possibility for some! Find a thread that concerns you! That said I admit I am not the best communicator at times and even mocked myself because of it! I edited for clarity at the top of the thread so as to help eliminate my own shitty communication! Lighten up people, my god! Let's try and solve issues not add to them! This is why I rarely post anything, shit like this! 
    John Strohmeyer
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    edited January 2020
    Boy, that's a lot of exclamation points. Reminds me of someone. :confused:

Good luck getting your issues ironed out. Was a bit long. Stopped reading after the third !
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Dude lay off whatever it is you’re smoking
    Dig the dagger deeper, I actually was laughing at myself the whole time it was all spewing out from my brain and onto the screen, felt good to laugh, even at yourself, and it's truth confirming , laugh with me laugh at the words, I don't careI admit it's a horrible ramble, it was bad, that's why it's funny! Some don't like to read, and are proud of it, but yet they are experts on what they did not read .Seems some only were permanent frowns and seek out things to complain about, and hurt others! I would rather laugh at myself than dwell in negativity! Thanks for the the constructive criticism on the use of the explanation point! I will try and do better! But how dare you compare me to that POS that uses them all the time! That's just extremely insulting!
    John Strohmeyer
    So it appears rather evident I was right about myself too that I was a fool! Looking like it's just my account likely, still no word from Ten Club, but appears the way it is, I was the fool! Oh well, I only tried to help people, and if only one saw this that may have been helped that's all I care about! Aim to help and gets shit on for it! Seems you all are closer to that   thing in office than my explaination points ever could be! Wasn't aiming to write an A+ college dissertation right here, but a potentially urgent message quick style!  That admitted sucked and lost its purpose and clarity! I tried! Smile today folks have a good laugh at yourself, feels good, and enjoy your Pearl Jam Shows, I know I will! Despite the bullshit!

John Strohmeyer
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    Wait, I'm confused as to what happened. Could you explain?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    Day drinking is the best.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • ecdancecdanc Posts: 1,814
    mcgruff10 said:
    Day drinking is the best.  
    :lol:
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,466
    lolobugg said:
    Jason7192 said:
    Is Stefan back?

LOL

Who’s the pappnase now! 
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    lolobugg said:
    Jason7192 said:
    Is Stefan back?

LOL

Who’s the pappnase now! 

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Instead of reading all of that word salad, I think I'll just wait for the movie to come out.
    Haha! See some of you can be funny and constructively critical without being utterly mean spirited, I like you people! Need more of that! And one of you was spot on, identifying the likely reason for the word salad o begin with. lol!
    I will let you all argue who was right though! Lol! I am crawling back under my rock until my next post in 10 years from now!
    Sorry about all the crazy confusion I created! I was all over the map! Haha!
    John Strohmeyer
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Whoa. My head hurts 🤯
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    How did you manage to type all that on your phone?