Is Gigaton an automatic purchase for you?

Curious to your thoughts!!!

Comments

• Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Yes
    Kearnsy
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    Hell yes but not from 10C. Looking forward to a Newbury Comics visit on the morning of 3/27. Did the same for ST/Avocado in 2006. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • buck502000buck502000 Posts: 8,951
    JimmyV said:
    Hell yes but not from 10C. Looking forward to a Newbury Comics visit on the morning of 3/27. Did the same for ST/Avocado in 2006. 

interesting, supporting your local record store.....
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    Yes though I am unsure what format I am going with. 
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    Yes. Ordered. Vinyl. 
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,128
    I remember going to Target for Backspacer on a Saturday morning because they had the t-shirt promotion. Strange that I can't remember what I did for Lightning Bolt. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    PJNB said:

this is kind of where I am at..... was a bit underwhelmed by LB and the sound quality of the vinyl release..... they tried hard but I listened to it the other night and came to the same conclusion ...... the vinyl press/ mastering was subpar..... even after I received a 'fixed' version....
  • I no longer buy physical items, so no. I'll listen on a streaming music service and support the band financially by seeing them on the tour.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,529
    JimmyV said:
    I remember going to Target for Backspacer on a Saturday morning because they had the t-shirt promotion. Strange that I can't remember what I did for Lightning Bolt. 
    me too....I was actually in Orlando on vacation and got up early to drive to Target.  I still wear that shirt.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    Yes.  Ordered the vinyl bundle immediately. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    Yes, ordered the CD Bundle 
  • KN219077KN219077 Posts: 1,071
    Buy from amazon, often get the free mp3 download along with the physical cd for about $1 more.

i hvae a hard time believing people could pay for a yearly fan club and not buy an album from a band they love to support them.
  • I purchased a vinyl and then a CD/7' bundle. A little disappointed you can't order them together but I'm sure there's a good reason for it. The standalone CD is no longer available in the GOODS section so I had to buy the bundle with the 7". I'm having them both shipped to my parents place in the US as shipping equaled the cost of the items to ship to Canada so I'm hoping on release day I get a download link for 10c and then I'll just have to wait till the next time my parents go down to their place and bring the mail back for me to enjoy the physical copies. Less than ideal, but every album I can think of from the last 14+ years that I've bought in the 10C store has come with some sort of little extra bonus so it's a small risk I'm willing to take to wait a little longer for the physical copies. 
  • Yes, but $80 Canadian for just the record is crazy.

Also have no idea why the single is $17.

I'll be buying it local as well.
  • Hell Yeah!
  • deadendpdeadendp Posts: 10,434
    JojoRice said:
    Yes.  Ordered the vinyl bundle immediately. 
    +1
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,410
    Yes. Preordered the LP from Amazon & will grab the cd from a local shop as well.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,429
    PJNB said:

this is kind of where I am at..... was a bit underwhelmed by LB and the sound quality of the vinyl release..... they tried hard but I listened to it the other night and came to the same conclusion ...... the vinyl press/ mastering was subpar..... even after I received a 'fixed' version....
    I have high hopes for this album. I think they are really going to blow us away with a great effort.
  • Gonna go to my local spot :)

(2000) Mansfield I, Mansfield II (2003) Montreal (2005) Montreal, Ottawa (2006) Albany (2008) Montreal I + II (EV) (2022) Québec City

• LOL the OP is asking the 10 Club Pearl Jam fan club forum, whether or not, they are going to purchase the new Pearl Jam album.

Oy vey.
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    LOL the OP is asking the 10 Club Pearl Jam fan club forum, whether or not, they are going to purchase the new Pearl Jam album.

Oy vey.
    And we’ve already had one person answer “no”, so not a terrible question!
    edited January 2020
    I would like to hear it and know who did what in creating it....before buying it
    Post edited by buck502000 on
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 2,089
    Yes, ordered the vinyl bundle from the shop. It's good to support your local record store but (1) I don't really have one, (2) if there's one thing that's better than supporting your local shop, it's directly supporting your favorite bands so I try to order from artist sites when I can (admittedly this is less of a concern with PJ, they get enough of my money) and (3) there's a chance that you might get some extras from the club, like the slipmat/sticker for LP2.
    Camden 2 2006, Newark 2010, Barclays 2 2013, Central Park 2015, MSG 2 2016, Wrigley 1 2016, Rome 2018, Prague 2018, Asbury Park 2021, EV & Earthlings NYC 1 2022, MSG 2022, Louisville 2022, Dublin 2024, MSG 1 2024, MSG 2 2024
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Ordered the LP bundle on 10C, but going to cancel and go with just the LP on Amazon. 

I'll pick up the CD later whenever it drops in price (currently $18).
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,578
    Probably end up ordering vinyl from 10C and streaming from mobile when on the go. It would be the first CD I don't have from them that's an official album release so if it's really good I'll most likely cave and get the CD too.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Yes -They really took their time with Gigaton and I'm excited to hear the results. Will get it from the closest shop to me. We've lost one since LB - so the drive will be a little further this time. But, I found out that the owner of the other shop was the same guy that owned the first indie store I frequented in another town back in the '90's. Glad he's still going! 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,739
    edited January 2020
    I'll buy the vinyl somewhere online, got burned with buying Live at Easy Street for way too much through 10c as I didn't think it would show up elsewhere.  Wouldn't have minded if it included some extra goodies but it was nearly half the price at other places when including the free shipping. 
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    LOL the OP is asking the 10 Club Pearl Jam fan club forum, whether or not, they are going to purchase the new Pearl Jam album.

Oy vey.
    Same thought

you spend min $20/yr just to post here, your not gonna dish out $15 on an album 7 yrs in the making?
  • RP112579RP112579 Posts: 3,381
    Ordered the CD/7" bundle. I have all of the other albums on CD, so I want to continue that. Going to order the vinyl from Amazon, because I have a gift card, so it won't cost me anything out of pocket.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
    8/29/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/31/23 Chicago-Wrigley Field
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,680
    Got the vinyl bundle from the 10club.  

That might not get here on release day so if not i’ll be at Target on March 27th getting the CD