Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    hadfiiwhadfiiw Posts: 191
    Driving over from NC with my buddy.  Looking forward to it!!

Hoping for a lot of Gigaton.

Hopefully one from my "haven't seen yet" list - Gods' Dice, Thin Air, Parting Ways, Gonna See My Friend, Supersonic, Force Of Nature, Ghost, All Or None

- ian | www.lukin.com

96 - Charlotte / Charleston
    98 - Atlanta
    00 - Charlotte / Greensboro / Atlanta
    03 - Raleigh / Charlotte / Mountain View / San Diego / Bristow
    04 - Asheville
    05 - Philadelphia
    06 - Washington, DC / Las Vegas / San Diego
    08 - Virginia Beach / Washington DC
    09 - Philadelphia (28th)
    11 - East Troy (3rd) / East Troy (4th)
    13 - Charlottesville / Charlotte
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Boston (5th)
    18 - Boston (2nd) / Boston (4th)
    20 - NashvilleBaltimore
    22 - Nashville / Baltimore

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    edited September 2022
    ddeschler said:
    What are woo girls?  All the bachelorette parties?

Yes. Nashville is the bachelorette party capital of the world. Broadway/downtown is full of pedal taverns, party busses and other contraptions to ride around and act stupid on.
    Post edited by Jumb0 on
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,231
    Wife and I flying up Thursday after a quick jaunt to NYC next weekend.  See you in 114!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    Lukeat911 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Georgia here as well. A lot of us Georgian's took over Greenville in 2016.  Now it's time to do it again for Nashville. 
    I’ll be in my checkerboard overalls. Go Vols!
    Oh no! You’re making me want to wear my UGA shirt! Go Dawgs! 😉 

I’ll be coming up from Georgia as well with my son, then heading on over to St. Louis! A teacher friend of mine at my school is going to Nashville as well. 

Looks like PJ needs to come to the Peach State next year!
    I'm a teacher as well.  Great minds think alike!  I'm doing MSG too in addition to Nash.  

Nice! Hope your teaching year is getting off to a good start!

MSG will be epic no doubt. My sole MSG PJ show was the Live at the Garden. Energy was insane. Enjoy nyc! Love that city. My sister used to live their and we would visit quite a bit.
  • Options
    Driving over from Athens, GA.  Going to visit the Hatch Show Print place for a tour at 2:00, then check out the downtown.  Considering driving to Louisville the next day, but DARN!, hotels at this late date are pricey over there.
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • Options
    Just saw two tickets in section 115 for $850 each.  They sold.
    well, fuckers, he still stands
  • Options
    Driving over from Athens, GA.  Going to visit the Hatch Show Print place for a tour at 2:00, then check out the downtown.  Considering driving to Louisville the next day, but DARN!, hotels at this late date are pricey over there.
    Love Athens! I’m a big R.E.M. and Drive By Truckers fan. Such a cool, historical city. I saw Linqua Franca at the 40 Watt. She was y’all’s city council person and a crazy, cool rapper!
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    Anyone want a ticket in Section 333?  It gets you in the door, you can stop refreshing, and if you are willing to commit to meeting me IP on the day of the show, I will sell it less than face value.
  • Options
    See y'all in Sec 4 Row 8. My PJ-loving older brother and I are flying down next WED from Boston for the show. Doing a Jack Daniels distillery tour that afternoon, then hitting the Ryman, Johnny Cash Museum, Country Music HoF, RCA Studio B on Thursday/Friday. Can't wait.
    8/30/00 - Mansfield
    6/30/08 - Mansfield
    5/17/10 - Boston
    10/16/13 - Worcester
    8/5/16 - Boston
    8/7/16 - Boston
    9/2/18 - Boston
    9/4/18 - Boston

• Options
    chaspjchaspj Portlandia Posts: 58
    If you're into roots music the Americana Fest is happening all around town 9/14-17. Bands and shows every night at iconic venues, like the Station Inn and Exit/In. https://americanamusic.org/daily-schedule
    "Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable"

Portland 2000
    Portland 2013
    Seattle I and II 2018
    Oakland I and II 2020 2022
    Nashvegas 2022
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    I may leave PJ a little early to run over and see Milk Carton Kids at City Winery. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,102
    Ah it's nice to see all the Georgia PJ fans.. I've only met 1 before but could tell more existed based on the taken personalized PJ license plates 😆 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    ddeschler said:
    What are woo girls?  All the bachelorette parties?
    yep....Bridezilla buses galore
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,772
    chaspj said:
    If you're into roots music the Americana Fest is happening all around town 9/14-17. Bands and shows every night at iconic venues, like the Station Inn and Exit/In. https://americanamusic.org/daily-schedule
    Anything worth looking into for later Thursday? Flying in and thinking about taking in another show that night - already saw Jade Bird at Ohana, wondering if something else is worth a look.
  • Options
    I second the Station Inn. My wife and I went years ago. $20 for hours of great bluegrass. Really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    johnny__utahjohnny__utah New Brunswick, Canada Posts: 182
    Anyone else staying Embassy Suites next to Bridgestone? Booked it way back when it was still under construction so was prepared for some growing pains this stay. Been keeping tabs on reviews since it opened in July, sounds like still only 2 or 3 of the elevators are working so long waits getting in/out, some say waits of 30-40 mins and using stairs instead. Thankfully a 2 min walk to the show.   
  • Options
    JE224127JE224127 Fairhope, AL Posts: 309
    I’m there as well, those wait times sound awful.
  • Options
    Just a refresher for those who haven't hit broadway before or in a long time. It's not like it used to be. It's New Orleans meets Vegas plus live music. There are still some hidden gems like Roberts and just a block away from Bridgestone. This is where Ed hung out last time he played Nashville (Pilgrimage) 

If you have time take an uber or drive to Bringle's Smoking Oasis (10 min from downtown) Awesome BBQ, outdoor space, local beers, TVs etc. Right across the street is Southern Grist (top 3 Nashville local beer IMO) 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Any local beers sold inside the arena?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Yeah, I haven't been this year but definitely are. At the opposite end of the stage on the lower concourse there is a bar that is Jack Daniel's themed. They always have local beers. 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    Just a refresher for those who haven't hit broadway before or in a long time. It's not like it used to be. It's New Orleans meets Vegas plus live music. There are still some hidden gems like Roberts and just a block away from Bridgestone. This is where Ed hung out last time he played Nashville (Pilgrimage) 

If you have time take an uber or drive to Bringle's Smoking Oasis (10 min from downtown) Awesome BBQ, outdoor space, local beers, TVs etc. Right across the street is Southern Grist (top 3 Nashville local beer IMO) 
    Second Fiddle and Robert's are where we usually end up. Avoid Tootsie's and Kid Rock's unless you like paying $9 for a warm beer
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Yeah, I haven't been this year but definitely are. At the opposite end of the stage on the lower concourse there is a bar that is Jack Daniel's themed. They always have local beers. 
    There's also a big stand by the escalators by the main entrance that serves only craft and local stuff. Lots of craft and/or local stuff throughout the arena. There are Twice Daily stores throughout that also have local or craft cans along with usually bud, miller, etc staples.

There's some good local places to eat in the arena too. Rotiers, which was a local burger place since the 40's until they closed last year, has a stand on main level by the big window's. Really good burger, but it's served on french bread, so don't be confused lol.  Puckett's (a local BBQ restaurant) has a few places around. I can't remember what it's called, but they have a full size hockey helmet filled with french fries, topped with cheese, brisket, pulled pork, bbq sauce, white sauce, and jalepenos. It's like $18 but enough food to feed a family of 4. it's pretty damn good too. There's a hot chicken helmet version too at the hot chicken stand over outside sec 111 I think. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,120

Second Fiddle and Robert's are where we usually end up. Avoid Tootsie's and Kid Rock's unless you like paying $9 for a warm beer
    I wouldn't give a nickel of my money to Kid Rock. lol
  • Options

I wouldn't give a nickel of my money to Kid Rock. lol
    This comment by a million 👍🏻  That guy sucks 
  • Options
    Prince's is great but I still like Hattie Bs. They still do it well. There's a few of them outside the city too which helps if you're traveling for work or whatever. 
    I discovered Peg Leg Porker BBQ last trip and it was delicious. dry rub ribs and great pulled pork. I'll be in town for work and hoping to hit some pregame spots if I have time. Keep em coming. 
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    I’m at a Holiday Inn Express on Broadway a few blocks from Bridgestone. I’m hoping it’s decent and not a bad walk and that it runs smoothly as my flight doesn’t get in until midday of show. 
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
  • Options
    104 FF up for Nashville 
  • Options
    117 Row DD up for Nashville….pair 
  • Options
    VAPJFAN said:
    117 Row DD up for Nashville….pair 
    Correction..Row D