Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    mpedone said:
    I'm still amazed there's no Gus's in Nashville. We go there when we're in Memphis; it's amazing.

There was one but it closed down about 10 or so years ago.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312

Oh, you guys.  I got lucky and got the Last 3:00 ticket for the TMR tour.  I am surprised there were any left.  I just happened to check on Monday early afternoon.

So I’m Chris, I have long hair and I’ll be wearing a Pearl Jam Shirt.

3:00 Roll Call.

Tschav

Carry The Zero

Chris (p34rl J4mm3r)

????

There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    You’ll all be wearing PJ shirts! =)
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    Nice! I’m Chris too! I’ll be wearing a PJ shirt with my long haired teenager in a Jack White shirt!
  • Options
    chaspjchaspj Portlandia Posts: 58
    edited August 2022
    What’s this wishlist gathering? 

It's a pre-party meetup and fundraiser organized by the Wishlist Foundation, a fan-run nonprofit that supports the band's charitable and philanthropic efforts.  People donate shirts, posters, and other PJ merch/memorabilia for a raffle at the party.  For this tour the band also donated one signed poster for each pre-party.  Special merch also will be available at the party (the Mike "bolt" tee, Team McCready tees and other cool stuff).  
    Pearl Jam Nashville Wishlist Preparty Fundraiser | Facebook
    Post edited by chaspj on
    "Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable"

Portland 2000
    Portland 2013
    Seattle I and II 2018
    Oakland I and II 2020 2022
    Nashvegas 2022
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771

Oh, you guys.  I got lucky and got the Last 3:00 ticket for the TMR tour.  I am surprised there were any left.  I just happened to check on Monday early afternoon.

So I’m Chris, I have long hair and I’ll be wearing a Pearl Jam Shirt.

3:00 Roll Call.

Tschav

Carry The Zero

Chris (p34rl J4mm3r)

I'll be in the 2pm tour, but expect to see plenty of PJ shirts while I'm there :)
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    KGSmith34 said:
    87astro said:
    Looking to get a hotel a few miles outside of the city then just Uber in and out ..... anyone know of any safe suburbs in the area? Seeing alot of hotels that have reviews of sketchy areas.....
    If coming from the south, I’d stick to Green Hills, Franklin, Cool Springs, or Brentwood areas.

East of town you could do the airport area and wouldn’t be too bad. Mt Juliet if you want a little further out.

North of town I’d only do the Hendersonville area

West of town Bellevue if you want to be a little further out (cheaper). Vandy area if you want to spend just a bit more but be within a couple of miles of the arena.

Generally, west and south of Nashville are the safer areas within a 15 miles of downtown. Just stay west of I-65. North & East you’d want to be further out 20 miles or so.
    Yep, Cool Springs area would be my go to.
  • Options
    Coming over from NC…Future days is certainly on my “Wishlist”. 1st PJ concert for my wife and that was our wedding song. 
  • Options
    87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    Driving over from NC as well!  Going to be a long day, but totally worth it!  Driving out Friday morning.....
  • Options
    jasonwjasonw Posts: 389
    Flying in from NC as well. Can’t wait
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    ponytd said:
    Jumb0 said:
    what is the best hot chicken?

Prince's
    What he said. There's one in the Assembly food hall across the street from the arena. Unless you can't stand chicken on a bone, real hot chicken is a quarter or half fried chicken (breast and wing attached, or breast, leg, and wing attached). Most places nowadays serve tenders instead and those are great, just tastes better and juicier when it's a breast or wing or leg lol

I've eaten raw ghost peppers before and had the hottest from all the local places and Prince's XXXhot is the hottest thing I've ever eaten in my life. And you could still taste the chicken and other spices in there. Some of the other places just make it hot to be hot. There's a Hattie B's in the food hall too, so if you're up to the task, compare them lol
    That Prince's get horrible reviews....it's rated 2.9 vs 4.6 for Hattie's. Are we sure that's the place? I can't believe all of the times I've been to Nashville that I hadn't hit up either one of those places.
    The other location is about 15 miles from downtown on Nolensville road, which has been open about 6 years maybe. The old location burned a few years ago, so it was only the Nolensville road location until they opened the Food Hall spot last year. I've not eaten at that location yet, but heard they're kinda slow there
  • Options
    Flying in from Virginia!
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,093
    Driving from Georgia 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    deb1211 said:
    Driving from Georgia 
    me too. probably many others, as this is the closest they have been to georgia in a while
  • Options
    deb1211 said:
    Driving from Georgia 
    me too. probably many others, as this is the closest they have been to georgia in a while
    Georgia commuter here as well. Driving up day before and leaving day after. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    Georgia here as well. A lot of us Georgian's took over Greenville in 2016.  Now it's time to do it again for Nashville. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Flying from Austin. Only in town for 16 hours. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    JojoRice said:
    Georgia here as well. A lot of us Georgian's took over Greenville in 2016.  Now it's time to do it again for Nashville. 
    I’ll be in my checkerboard overalls. Go Vols!
  • Options
    Lukeat911 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Oh no! You’re making me want to wear my UGA shirt! Go Dawgs! 😉 

I’ll be coming up from Georgia as well with my son, then heading on over to St. Louis! A teacher friend of mine at my school is going to Nashville as well. 

Looks like PJ needs to come to the Peach State next year!
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,771
    Flying in from Chicago, first time in Nashville. Appreciate all the ideas in this thread of places to hit up, gonna make the most of 36 hours there!
  • Options
    87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    Driving in Friday, dropping stuff off at hotel, heading into downtown, spending the day in Nashville Saturday, then driving back Sunday....quick but so worth it! 

• Options
    Flying in Thursday from Philly after Camden. Then back to ATL. See yall there.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Coming in from Monticello GA
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    Lukeat911 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Go Dawgs!!  

• Options
    Lukeat911 said:
    JojoRice said:
    Oh no! You’re making me want to wear my UGA shirt! Go Dawgs! 😉 

I’ll be coming up from Georgia as well with my son, then heading on over to St. Louis! A teacher friend of mine at my school is going to Nashville as well. 

Looks like PJ needs to come to the Peach State next year!
    I'm a teacher as well.  Great minds think alike!  I'm doing MSG too in addition to Nash.  

• Options
    Flying in from dirty jersey. Staying with my cousin in Nashville. First time going. Looking forward to it. 
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    All you first timers...try and prepare yourselves for the "woo girls"
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    All you first timers...try and prepare yourselves for the "woo girls"
    I’m a 31 year old guy and I am one of those woo girls. Can’t wait haha
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    JojoRice said:
    was my last show. lets do it
  • Options
    What are woo girls?  All the bachelorette parties?
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.