Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,970
    ComeToTX said:
    This will be my 27th show exactly 27 years to the day after my first show. 
    crazy...it will be my 26th
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,139
    tschav said:
    tschav said:
    Third Man Records Nashville tour tickets became available this morning for anyone else looking:
    https://thirdmanstore.com/collections/tours/products/nashville-label-tour-ticket-september

1 left for 2pm, 10 for 3pm at time of this posting
    Dude!! I cannot thank you enough!!!! My son is coming with me to see his first PJ show, but he is a Jack White super fan and going to Third Man is his number one stop in Nashville besides the PJ show!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Just got two tickets for 3:00!
    Not a problem, I had been stalking the tour page for a little while and thought they'd be released on Sept 1. Glad I checked this morning just to bookmark the link and saw they were available.

Only 2 ticket left for the 3pm tour if anyone else is looking.
    I had recently been stalking too! But I forgot it was the end of august already. Had a break during work and saw this on the boards. You get tickets too?
  • Options
    chaspjchaspj Portlandia Posts: 58
    tschav said:
    Third Man Records Nashville tour tickets became available this morning for anyone else looking:
    https://thirdmanstore.com/collections/tours/products/nashville-label-tour-ticket-september

1 left for 2pm, 10 for 3pm at time of this posting
    Thanks brother, just grabbed that last 2:00. 

FYI the Wishlist Preparty Fundraiser is at the Nashville Underground, about a 20 minute walk from Third Man.  First raffle drawing scheduled for 3:00.
    "Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable"

Portland 2000
    Portland 2013
    Seattle I and II 2018
    Oakland I and II 2020 2022
    Nashvegas 2022
  • Options
    87astro87astro North Carolina Posts: 50
    Just snagged tickets to the show! So freaking excited! Any hotel recommendations?  Looking to stay a bit out of the city then UBER downtown Friday and Saturday.  Thank you in advance!    Are there any 10 Club Meetups?  Thanks! Can't wait to see you all in two weeks!
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    luckily i had points to stay dt.  hotels in nashville are insane.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    What's the best post show food establishment near the arena? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Broadway Brewhouse is good. Tin Roof has great nashville hot tenders

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    BC62528BC62528 Posts: 200
    edited August 2022
    I'm from the North, "hot tenders", is that referring to the wait staff?
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    BC62528 said:
    I'm from the North, "hot tenders", is that referring to the wait staff?
    definitely not...although the Tin Roof waitresses are probably nicer to look at than those at Broadway Brewhouse.

Seriously though...Tin Roof has some of the best nashville hot and mac & cheese from a chain that I've ever had

Broadway Brewhouse has a shitload of taps and pretty good cajun stuff
    Post edited by Gern Blansten on

• Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    what is the best hot chicken?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

Prince's
  • Options
    Looking to get a hotel a few miles outside of the city then just Uber in and out ..... anyone know of any safe suburbs in the area? Seeing alot of hotels that have reviews of sketchy areas.....
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    87astro said:
    Looking to get a hotel a few miles outside of the city then just Uber in and out ..... anyone know of any safe suburbs in the area? Seeing alot of hotels that have reviews of sketchy areas.....

Brentwood.  Little further out but checks all the boxes.
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    edited August 2022
    87astro said:
    Bellevue isn’t too far in west nashville. Family oriented suburb for the most part. Honey fire bbq is a hidden gem out there too. 
  • Options
    VAPJFANVAPJFAN Posts: 64
    Just snagged a single lower so looks like I’ll be doing the Nashville/ St. Louis double. :)
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable
  • Options
    87astro said:

Brentwood, Franklin, Cool Springs
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,938
    I'm staying near the Vandy football stadium. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    This will be my 27th show exactly 27 years to the day after my first show. 
    crazy...it will be my 26th
    My 2nd, the first being Chicago 98

• Options
    lfitzpatrick9lfitzpatrick9 NJ Posts: 372
    Really looking forward to scoring a Nashville shirt. You think they’ll have enough city specific shirts like they have been making for this tour. Looks like each tour date they’ve had more than enough shirts. Not posters 
  • Options
    87astro said:
    If coming from the south, I’d stick to Green Hills, Franklin, Cool Springs, or Brentwood areas.

East of town you could do the airport area and wouldn’t be too bad. Mt Juliet if you want a little further out.

North of town I’d only do the Hendersonville area

West of town Bellevue if you want to be a little further out (cheaper). Vandy area if you want to spend just a bit more but be within a couple of miles of the arena.

Generally, west and south of Nashville are the safer areas within a 15 miles of downtown. Just stay west of I-65. North & East you’d want to be further out 20 miles or so.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! Greatly appreciated! Going to book a hotel this evening and hopefully find one ticket in or near section 305….fingers crossed….can’t wait to see you all soon! 
  • Options
    JS278518JS278518 Leechburg, PA Posts: 14
    Heading to Nashville from Pittsburgh! Going to be my daughters 1st show! It’s her birthday weekend, she’ll be 11!!! She loves Bee Girl!! Hope they bust that out for one of the rare tracks now that  they’re playing less songs!!
    Buffalo '96, '10, '13/ Pittsburgh '98, ''00, '03, '05, '06, '13 / Cleveland '03, '06, '10 / Washington DC '08 / Chicago 7/19/13, 8/18/18, Philadelphia 4/28,29/16, Cincinnati '14
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,120
    87astro said:
    Just snagged tickets to the show! So freaking excited! Any hotel recommendations?  Looking to stay a bit out of the city then UBER downtown Friday and Saturday.  Thank you in advance!    Are there any 10 Club Meetups?  Thanks! Can't wait to see you all in two weeks!
    Tailgate party in the merch line that morning. ;) Wishlist gathering at Nashville Underground that afternoon (1-6p).
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    What’s this wishlist gathering?  
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Jumb0 said:

Prince's
    What he said. There's one in the Assembly food hall across the street from the arena. Unless you can't stand chicken on a bone, real hot chicken is a quarter or half fried chicken (breast and wing attached, or breast, leg, and wing attached). Most places nowadays serve tenders instead and those are great, just tastes better and juicier when it's a breast or wing or leg lol

I've eaten raw ghost peppers before and had the hottest from all the local places and Prince's XXXhot is the hottest thing I've ever eaten in my life. And you could still taste the chicken and other spices in there. Some of the other places just make it hot to be hot. There's a Hattie B's in the food hall too, so if you're up to the task, compare them lol
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    Jumb0 said:

Prince's
    What he said. There's one in the Assembly food hall across the street from the arena. Unless you can't stand chicken on a bone, real hot chicken is a quarter or half fried chicken (breast and wing attached, or breast, leg, and wing attached). Most places nowadays serve tenders instead and those are great, just tastes better and juicier when it's a breast or wing or leg lol

I've eaten raw ghost peppers before and had the hottest from all the local places and Prince's XXXhot is the hottest thing I've ever eaten in my life. And you could still taste the chicken and other spices in there. Some of the other places just make it hot to be hot. There's a Hattie B's in the food hall too, so if you're up to the task, compare them lol
    That Prince's get horrible reviews....it's rated 2.9 vs 4.6 for Hattie's. Are we sure that's the place? I can't believe all of the times I've been to Nashville that I hadn't hit up either one of those places.

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    ponytd said:
    Jumb0 said:

Prince's

Even Prince's "hot" is really freaking hot.  And I seek out and enjoy spicy foods regularly.  The "x hot" is borderline too hot.  They even questioned me when I ordered it and there are two heat levels higher.  Agree that Prince's is better than Hattie B's or Big Shake's or any of the others I've had there.  I've only eaten at the original spot.  Never the downtown location.

• Options
    ponytd said:
    Jumb0 said:

Prince's

That Prince's get horrible reviews....it's rated 2.9 vs 4.6 for Hattie's. Are we sure that's the place? I can't believe all of the times I've been to Nashville that I hadn't hit up either one of those places.

Assembly Food Hall is like a giant food court downtown. 20 or so mainly local spots that all have a stand inside with a couple of bars.
    Prince's is also the original Nashville Hot Chicken joint. Hattie B's gets all of the love but it's the commercialized "New Nashville" version of hot chicken. It's fine, don't get me wrong, but if you want the real deal get Prince's.
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    ponytd said:
    Jumb0 said:

Prince's

Assembly Food Hall is like a giant food court downtown. 20 or so mainly local spots that all have a stand inside with a couple of bars.
    Prince's is also the original Nashville Hot Chicken joint. Hattie B's gets all of the love but it's the commercialized "New Nashville" version of hot chicken. It's fine, don't get me wrong, but if you want the real deal get Prince's.
    good deal! We'll check it out

• Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    I'm still amazed there's no Gus's in Nashville. We go there when we're in Memphis; it's amazing.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."