Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    I really appreciate all the local tips! Keep them coming please!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    A favorite place of ours is Legendairy Milkshake on 3rd Ave.  They don't serve lunch, but a great place for desert....
    I’ll second this. Great spot. They’re massive shakes so bring your appetite (and wallet). 
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,930
    Jumb0 said:
    Is Nashville Hot Chicken legit?  Or is it just a marketing gimmic?
    Prince’s is the original Nashville Hot Chicken and far superior to Hattie B’s. Hattie B’s is the commercialized “new Nashville” hot chicken. 
    I’ll second this too. Princes > Hattie B’s. 

Any craft beer fans, get to Bearded Iris. Outstanding brewery. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:
    Prince’s is the original Nashville Hot Chicken and far superior to Hattie B’s. Hattie B’s is the commercialized “new Nashville” hot chicken. 

And looks like both are walking distance from the arena. Maybe an after show snack if they're open late. Don't think it should be had before the show.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Thanks for the reminder...forgot Bearded Iris was in Nashville.

Is it best to buy parking ahead of time downtown?
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 790
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

No need to buy parking ahead of time. Plenty of parking! 
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

No need to buy parking ahead of time. Plenty of parking! 
    Thank you 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

The past few times I’ve gone to Preds games or a ryman show, I’ve parked in the Fifth and Broad garage directly across the street from Bridgestone. Reasonably priced, and I’ve never had trouble finding a spot. 
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Lukeat911 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

The past few times I’ve gone to Preds games or a ryman show, I’ve parked in the Fifth and Broad garage directly across the street from Bridgestone. Reasonably priced, and I’ve never had trouble finding a spot. 

I think that is the Library Garage, right?
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 175
    Lukeat911 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Pretty sure It’s a new garage. Connects to the Assembly Food Hall/Fifth and Broad complex. 
  • Options
    JAYHBJAYHB Posts: 76
    Lukeat911 said:
    Lukeat911 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Pretty sure It’s a new garage. Connects to the Assembly Food Hall/Fifth and Broad complex. 
    Best garage IMO is at Music City Center. Plenty of parking and only $15. If you want to get there super early and explore the city some, it's cheaper before noon.
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    For random food recommendations, the Pancake Pantry is (or was) always fun if you get up early the day after the show. I used to live near there so it was easy to get in line early. Not sure if it's still a thing now as I moved away 10+ years ago.

Anyway, already so excited for this show...section 104 for me.

I'm seeing the Mountain Goats in July and then making this trip to Nashville. Happy to have some live music on the schedule again.
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    erik768erik768 Decatur, GA Posts: 117
    Planning on going to the show with my wife. Should be a blast. Just need to keep hitting refresh to land some tickets :)
    PJ
    2003 Tampa 2004 Kissimmee 2007 Chicago 2008 West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia 2009 Toronto, Chicago 1-2, Philadelphia 3-4 2010 New Orleans 2011 PJ20/East Troy 1-2 2012 Atlanta 2013 Baltimore 2016 Miami, Greenville 2018 Boston 1 2020 St. Louis 2022 Nashville, St. Louis 2023 Noblesville, Austin 1-2 2024 Chicago 1-2
    EV
    2009 Atlanta 1-2 2012 Jacksonville
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Jumb0 said:
    He's 100% correct here. 

He's also right about the Assembly Food hall. There's a Prince's in there. Lots of good local places to eat in there and a few bars too. During nice weather, it's pretty much open air throughout.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    Lukeat911 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Jumb0 said:

Library garage is between Commerce and Church streets and 6th and 7th. it's $10 and a 5min walk to arena, 

Music City Center is a good bet for parking for concerts. Just be forewarned, if you leave immediately after the show, they shut down some streets and you'll be forced to go 1 specific way depending on which exit you take. probably best to just hang out anyways after the show and let the traffic go down.

With it being a Friday night show, they will shut Broadway down from 5th ave to the river to car traffic starting about 5-6ish. they'll block it off at 8th ave before concert lets out and only outbound traffic will be allowed past there. Lots of bars downtown, and I'm pretty sure all of them have a rooftop bar. it will be 75% tourists in those bars. Good local place to hang out before shows or hockey games is at Broadway Brewhouse. They've got like 100 beers on tap and good food also. Assembly Food hall is great.   I'll second Martins and Peg Leg Porker for BBQ. Martin's pulled pork is good, but not great. His ribs and brisket are really good. I also like Jack's BBQ, or at least I used to. Haven't been there in a long time and it's on Broadway and always packed, so hopefully it's still as good as it used to be. I'd also recommend the Diner on 3rd and Demonbreun (pronounced Duh mun bree un, not demon bruin like it looks). It's got 6 floors and each floor servers something different. it's open 24 hours too I believe. Arnold's is really good too. it's a meat 'n three. If you want fancy, The Southern, Jeff Ruby's, or Oak Steakhouse at the top of the JW Marriott with panoramic views of Nashville.

As someone mentioned, Bearded Iris is there. Also Yee Haw brewing is near the arena and Tennessee Brew works is a good place to hang out. Go tour the Ryman, Hatch Show Print. Third Man Records. Go down to the Parthenon and Centennial Park. Check out the bathroom at the Hermitage hotel (not joking. google it lol). The Sounds are in town that weekend too (AAA baseball team) if you're here Thursday or Saturday night.

• Options
    vinnie7vinnie7 Posts: 18
    For those folks staying in town through the weekend Crowded House are playing at the Ryman Sunday night. 
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    ups
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,116
    ups
    My preferred shipping service
  • Options
    brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    is hatch tour worth it? how long does it last? and it appears 3rd man studio is only doing tours on Fridays? i thought they use to do other days too?
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,116
    is hatch tour worth it? how long does it last? and it appears 3rd man studio is only doing tours on Fridays? i thought they use to do other days too?
    Hatch tour lasts about 45min. If you're really into that stuff, it may be worth it.
    Not sure about Third Man tours. Maybe they changed it since covid hit. But you can still go check out the store and play some cornhole out back. ;)
  • Options
    I'm waaaaay excited for this show.  I kept an eye on airfare and was able to grab r/t from NJ for under $200 per ticket.  I almost panicked and pulled the trigger when it was over $500 per ticket. 

Please keep the suggestions coming for those traveling from out of town!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910
    I can officially join the list. Thank you to whoever just posted the tickets in 205
  • Options
    Jumb0 said:
    I can officially join the list. Thank you to whoever just posted the tickets in 205
    Congrats!

• Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Should be a fun show.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,949
    Nashville would be a great show to attend and then hit the bars after....must....get....tickets

Stubhub doesn't even have anything up right now for this show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,488
    Nashville would be a great show to attend and then hit the bars after....must....get....tickets

I am not a go out late and party person anymore, but we will be hitting Music Row after the show for sure. 
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    MedozK said:
    Should be a fun show.
    Are you going?
  • Options
    Jumb0Jumb0 Posts: 910

Ticketmaster is the only way to resell tickets
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    jjflash said:
    MedozK said:
    Should be a fun show.
    Are you going?
    Yea, been holding tickets for it seems like forever.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    MedozK said:
    jjflash said:
    MedozK said:
    Should be a fun show.
    Are you going?
    Yea, been holding tickets for it seems like forever.
    Nice! I figured you'd be there since it's just down the road. A buddy and I are driving up for the show then keeping on the road for Louisville and StL. Hope to run into you again one of these days :sunglasses: