Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    Can't stress this enough, Mojo's Cajun Burrito! I'll def be hitting that up.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    vinnie7vinnie7 Posts: 18
    ddeschler said:
    Any tips/tricks for parking?  Maybe some secret free parking somewhere?  Always thinking ahead.  ;-)
    I know Kitchen notes restaurant at the Omni hotel validate parking if you purchase an entree there.  It's valet.  Have done a few times for shows at the Bridgestone as it's a short walk.  The fried chicken bucket is actually not bad and plenty of food for 2.  
  • Options
    PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Has anyone been to Vinyl Tap? 

Seems like a really cool concept. 
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653

Is Graham Central Station still a thing on 2nd Ave? I used to like to hang there. 
    Haha, no it's not there anymore. Dick's Last Resort is there now I believe

ponytd said:
    ddeschler said:
    Any recs for good bars near the venue to have a beer or 2 after the show, while traffic thins out?  I’ll be driving in right at showtime after working that day and won’t get to the pre-party. 
    All of the bars will be open late. Beer Seller is good like jamofpearls said. It's a little bit of a walk though. Rippys across the street from the arena is always good, and Broadway Brewhouse is my usual go to if I'm down there cause it's mostly a locals bar. The Downtown Sporting Club is cool and they just reopened Paradise Park on the 1st floor which has great burgers and cheap beer. They also have ax throwing, but that usually closes around 11pm.
    You can't forget Robert's. It's by far the best Honkey Tonk. PBR and fried bologna post show. Ed shut it down last time he was in town for Pilgrimage 
    Brewhouse has the best selection of beer on broadway and is one of the few smoking bars left (a heads up)
    Most everything else is gimmicky but all great if the weather is decent and can enjoy the rooftops. You have to explore off of broadway to get the great/local spots
    True story. Robert's is one of the originals too
  • Options
    Back in my day *old man voice* you used to be able to park at the Court House for free.
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    ponytd said:

Is Graham Central Station still a thing on 2nd Ave? I used to like to hang there. 
    Haha, no it's not there anymore. Dick's Last Resort is there now I believe

That's a shame! The karaoke there was fun. Also, that lounge area was nice to just kind of chill out.
  • Options
    ddeschler said:
    Any tips/tricks for parking?  Maybe some secret free parking somewhere?  Always thinking ahead.  ;-)
    If you don't mind the walk, you can park for free over at Nissan Field (Titans stadium) and walk across the pedestrian bridge. It usually takes about 15min to walk it and good views of downtown from the bridge. Cheapest place to park that is closest is the downtown library garage between 6th and 7th ave. it's one block away and out of the traffic afterwards. it's $10 to park after 5pm and I believe $14 max per day. It's where I park for Preds games since they've taken away most of the free on the street parking I used to use. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    For downtown selections, here's a really good chart for food and bars in the downtown area. This is from last March and is written for Kentucky fans coming to Nashville for the SEC basketball tourney, so if you don't like UK, well, sorry lol

https://kentuckysportsradio.com/basketball-2/ksrs-guide-to-where-to-eat-and-drink-in-nashville/

One tip for Martin's BBQ if you go there, it's easily walkable from the arena, but there's always a long line out front. don't wait in it. Walk around to the back of the building and go in the back door to the upstairs beer garden and find a table or sit at the bar. 

Another place not listed on here is Corner Pub in the bottom of the 505 building on 5th ave. Good food(get the cheese beans) and lots of tvs and about a block and a half away from the arena. It's a good place if you just want a beer and some food and don't want to put up with the craziness of Broadway.

I'm pumped for this show(crossing fingers I get tickets), and if anyone has any questions about Nashville feel free to hit me up
    Post edited by ponytd on
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    ddeschler said:
    Drove up from ATL for DMB last year.  Wife/I and another couple had planned to spend two nights (FRI/SAT show night) at the $400/night Hilton next door.  Other couple backed out last minute, so then wife said she didn't want to go either (only going to see other couple :blush:) so I drove up, parked the Jeep in the $30/night Hilton underground parking garage next to venue, met other folks on Broadway before the show, slept in back of Jeep for 4 hours after show, was back in ATL by 9am :) 

Probably do the same thing this year; save the vacation day
  • Options
    Anyone going to be in town through the weekend?
  • Options
    jdizzle8291jdizzle8291 Erie, PA Posts: 456
    I heard Mas Tacos Por Favor is pretty alright. I'll definitely be checking it out. It's only about 5 minutes from my hotel right by the football stadium.
    2016: Toronto I, Chicago I + II
    2018: Seattle I + II, Chicago I + II
    2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    So excited for Nashville...coming from Memphis! Question- I chose all three seating options for the best odds. Can someone tell me if that was wise? I see other people are now saying chose 'best available'..I chose all three because I thought that would be best. Please let me know thanks! :)
  • Options
    jcoudriet said:
    So excited for Nashville...coming from Memphis! Question- I chose all three seating options for the best odds. Can someone tell me if that was wise? I see other people are now saying chose 'best available'..I chose all three because I thought that would be best. Please let me know thanks! :)
    I'm not sure if you could actually successfully choose all three options, presuming you mean best available, GA, and reserved. I think once you choose best available, it just automatically enters you for both of the latter options. Provided you don't have a preference towards standing or having seats and just want to be there regardless, you should be fine. If you only want seats for example, and have no desire in standing in GA, I would just enter for reserved.

2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Quebec, Hamilton, Nashville, St. Louis, Krakow, Budapest, Zurich
  • Options
    Ok thank you :) 
  • Options
    jcoudriet said:
    Ok thank you :) 
    u bet, enjoy the show.

• Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Nashville & St. Louis.    I saw PJ at the old Starwood Amphitheater in 2003.  It is still one of my favorite shows. 
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Lukeat911Lukeat911 Nashville, TN Posts: 179
    Nashville native here. Been waiting a long time for this one. Love Roo but will be my 1st arena show for them. (Unless I’m a lucky MSG GA winner)
  • Options
    Booked my hotel at the Hutton.  Most downtown will 400+ night.  Hutton was around 250 and still walkable, not ideal, but walkable.  
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    Party of 2 driving up from middle Georgia (Warner Robins).  Working on booking my hotel/air b n b any suggestions?  
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,931
    I’m grabbing a hotel in Brentwood for a night and taking an Uber downtown. Brentwood hotels are a fraction of the price and I get to Nashville often enough that I don’t need to be downtown, given the hotel prices. 
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 888
    bbiggs said:
    I’m grabbing a hotel in Brentwood for a night and taking an Uber downtown. Brentwood hotels are a fraction of the price and I get to Nashville often enough that I don’t need to be downtown, given the hotel prices. 
    Hitting up Bearded Iris before the show?
  • Options
    Party of 2 driving up from middle Georgia (Warner Robins).  Working on booking my hotel/air b n b any suggestions?  
    Do you really want to stay downtown for hotel? If so, they're going to be expensive. Vanderbilt/West End area will be a little cheaper but not much. If you don't mind driving in or taking uber/lyf, Brentwood (right on I-65 about 15miles south of Downtown) is pretty cheap. it's a very nice area. Cool Springs is about 5 miles south of Brentwood on 65 and is decently priced too. uber/lyft from those spots will be about $20 to downtown at the most usually.

Air BnB might be a better bet, but don't know the prices of those
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    Do you really want to stay downtown for hotel? If so, they're going to be expensive. Vanderbilt/West End area will be a little cheaper but not much. If you don't mind driving in or taking uber/lyf, Brentwood (right on I-65 about 15miles south of Downtown) is pretty cheap. it's a very nice area. Cool Springs is about 5 miles south of Brentwood on 65 and is decently priced too. uber/lyft from those spots will be about $20 to downtown at the most usually.

Yeah, we stayed at an Extended Stay America up the street from Cool Springs Galleria for the weekend of Pilgrimage, and it was like $89-95 a night. Even had a kitchenette.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    Never been to Nashville but we’re doing the same. Getting there Wednesday night and leaving Saturday morning so we’ll have Friday to explore the city. 
  • Options
    ponytd said:

Yeah, we stayed at an Extended Stay America up the street from Cool Springs Galleria for the weekend of Pilgrimage, and it was like $89-95 a night. Even had a kitchenette.
    Nice, that's a great deal. I work in the Cool Springs area and there are some nice hotels out here for cheap. It's a great area too.

the only negative about the Brentwood area, if your hotel is off Old Hickory Blvd and 65, leave early. Traffic absolutely sucks there. If you're staying south of town and driving/ubering/whatever to the show, I'd make sure and leave before 4pm as traffic can be heavy in spots. 
  • Options
    RK50065 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Hitting up Bearded Iris before the show?
    You know it! You must visit the craft beer thread lol 
  • Options
    captcola said:
    bbiggs said:
    Never been to Nashville but we’re doing the same. Getting there Wednesday night and leaving Saturday morning so we’ll have Friday to explore the city. 
    Cool. Great city and you’ll have easy access downtown with relatively inexpensive Uber rides to and from. I’m staying in Brentwood the night of the show and then heading south to Spring Hill where my sister in law lives Friday night. Saturday morning in the road to St Louis! Gonna be a fun 3 days. 
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I thought you were the one who posted light years ago in the rumor thread about having family in Nashville, what happened? Or am I way off?
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    I thought you were the one who posted light years ago in the rumor thread about having family in Nashville, what happened? Or am I way off?
    Good memory! You’re spot on. Problem is they live in Spring Hill which is about 45 mins south of downtown. I’m planning on pre/post-gaming a bit at the bars so I’m not going to drive and an Uber each way would be pretty rough. So I’ll stay in Brentwood Thursday since it’s closer and head down to see them on Friday. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    captcola said:
    bbiggs said:
    Be sure to visit Third Man records
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana