Options

NASHVILLE Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Anyone else realizing that today is not the day to book flights to Nashville. The price jumped up big time. 
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    PD279656 said:
    Anyone else realizing that today is not the day to book flights to Nashville. The price jumped up big time. 
    Apparently, Tuesdays are the best days to book flights. Not flying on Tuesdays, but actually purchasing on Tuesdays
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,800
    Weekend bookings are definitely bad.

If anyone wants a decent price for Nashville hotels and have Hyatt points or Chase Ultimate Rewards points (transferred to Hyatt), the Hyatt House Downtown Sobro is 15k/night.
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555

Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    Tickets and flights confirmed. How are hotels near the airport? And how is Uber in and out?
  • Options
    Driving from Wisconsin! Then making my way to the St. Louis show. Can't wait!

• Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 654
    Hi! said:
    ponytd said:
    Got mine for Nashville BA priority 1. Got it a few minutes after confirmation of STL which was #2 which is weird. Let's do this!

And for whoever it was asking. Prince's is the best hot chicken. It's on Nolensville Road and Old Hickory Blvd south of downtown. It's the original hot chicken, then I'd go to Pepperfire(in east nashville), then Hattie B's

And East Nashville is ok to stay in. There are some ghetto parts, so if you find a place and just want to be sure, I'll be glad to help out
    How about by the airport? Lots of cheap hotels within 6 miles or so. Thanks again.
    Airport wouldn't be too bad. Some nice hotels over there right near the I-40/Briley Parkway interchange.  Mostly industrial/ business and not much to do, but easy drive into downtown (depending on time of day) 
  • Options
    sparrill said:
    Tickets and flights confirmed. How are hotels near the airport? And how is Uber in and out?
    Airport is good. Uber is easy. They usually shutdown the street behind the arena and have a dedicated area for uber/lyft. 
  • Options
    MedozK said:
    Has anyone else gotten the credit card charge but not gotten an email? Hoping I’m not the only one.
    If your cards been charged, hopefully you're all set. 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    SMWYSOCKI said:

Doing the same thing from Michigan! See ya there! 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    I have officially decided this will be the best show of the tour :bring_it:
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    edited January 2020
    SMWYSOCKI said:

Doing the same thing from Michigan! See ya there! 
    Lake state party bus?? I bet @buck502000 would make a great DD
    Post edited by SomethingCreative on
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    SS49057SS49057 Posts: 79
    sparrill said:
    Hotels are mega-expensive ($225 - $280 a night) in downtown Nashville near Bridgestone Arena. I think there may be a convention going on that week.

However, you can get some good deals in neighboring Brentwood, Antioch, et al. Most of the Holiday Inn Express hotels are $125 a night plus they offer a free airport shuttle and free breakfast.
  • Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    X2
  • Options
    X2
    X3
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
  • Options
    SS49057 said:
    sparrill said:
    Hotels are mega-expensive ($225 - $280 a night) in downtown Nashville near Bridgestone Arena. I think there may be a convention going on that week.

However, you can get some good deals in neighboring Brentwood, Antioch, et al. Most of the Holiday Inn Express hotels are $125 a night plus they offer a free airport shuttle and free breakfast.
    They are always that high down there.  I would book Brentwood/Cool Springs area or Airport Area and Uber it in.  
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    JM44800JM44800 Posts: 106
    Coming from Charlotte! Going to Baltimore show as well. Was hoping to get NY and St. Louis as well but was not meant to be. 

Excited to see Nashville show!
  • Options
    Coming down from Columbus, probably driving.  Staying at the Renaissance.  1st time in Nashville so looking forward to a whirlwind visit.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    There's a Knights Inn that's really close to downtown. Its not the best by a long shot, but for $90 to crash for the night is ok.
    There's also a Motel Six north of downtown I used to crash for a night. Clean room, not in too bad of an area.

Post edited by jamofpearls on
  • Options
    lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,947
    Staying at Holiday Inn Vanderbilt (west end). I think the rate has gone up ($223/night). As others have stated, look outside of the downtown radius or west side (cant speak if they are any cheaper now).
  • Options
    drandodrando Posts: 68
    PD279656 said:
    Apparently, Tuesdays are the best days to book flights. Not flying on Tuesdays, but actually purchasing on Tuesdays
    Exactly what I am waiting for. I will be buying my tickets to Nashville tomorrow.
  • Options
    alex_scalex_sc Posts: 116
    Thought I'd post this place for people looking for a bare bones but decent lodging option: https://www.scarrittbennett.org/lodging/

I have a reservation there because I like the area - you can walk to some fun stuff around Division/Demonbreun, Vanderbilt, etc. and it's not too far to Bridgestone for an Uber. I even made that walk quite a few times, probably 30 minutes or so to the heart of Broadway on foot. I won't be in the room much so the shared bathroom thing isn't that much of an issue. Of course, I have an attachment to that area...my old apartment is right across the street from Scarritt Bennett and I miss my Nashville days!
    Philly 05 ~ Camden I 06 ~ DC 06 ~ Columbia 08 ~ Va. Beach 08 ~ Camden I 08 ~ Atlanta 12 ~ Charlotte 13 ~ Columbia 16
  • Options
    Dug1200Dug1200 Chicago Posts: 188
    Been wanting to go to Nashville for awhile and what better reason to go.  Lost St Louis, but was stuck there due to hail storm couple years ago for Seattle 2... not a big fan of that city for that reason alone and ok with not going.  GA only 3rd priority because of it.

Anyone familiar with Nashville confirm or deny this article?  https://www.foodandwine.com/news/nashville-where-eat-drink-stay?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fw&utm_content=link&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=foodandwine_foodandwine&utm_term=1DD0DEFA-1B5A-11E9-BA2F-6CF9FCA12A29&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0iyMdmyKK2J03E-3f4gFt6UOD2xwIOppakwPlRZ-ocwh92Z58piVUocFA
  • Options
    JAYHBJAYHB Posts: 76
    Anyone wanna speculate the over under for Jack White making an appearance?
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    JAYHB said:
    Anyone wanna speculate the over under for Jack White making an appearance?
    Over.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit getting up on stage, too.
  • Options
    Dug1200 said:
    Been wanting to go to Nashville for awhile and what better reason to go.  Lost St Louis, but was stuck there due to hail storm couple years ago for Seattle 2... not a big fan of that city for that reason alone and ok with not going.  GA only 3rd priority because of it.

Anyone familiar with Nashville confirm or deny this article?  https://www.foodandwine.com/news/nashville-where-eat-drink-stay?xid=soc_socialflow_facebook_fw&utm_content=link&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=foodandwine_foodandwine&utm_term=1DD0DEFA-1B5A-11E9-BA2F-6CF9FCA12A29&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0iyMdmyKK2J03E-3f4gFt6UOD2xwIOppakwPlRZ-ocwh92Z58piVUocFA

Prince's is awesome.  Never been to Rolf and Daughters, but hear good things. Been meaning to go there, but haven't made it yet. Same with Biscuit love, but I'm not much of a breakfast person. I would suggest Monell's in Germantown. they do breakfast all day, and lunch at 11. it's family style meat and 3/breakfast and really good and about $20 per person I think.
  • Options
    ponytd said:
    Dug1200 said:

Prince's is awesome.  Never been to Rolf and Daughters, but hear good things. Been meaning to go there, but haven't made it yet. Same with Biscuit love, but I'm not much of a breakfast person. I would suggest Monell's in Germantown. they do breakfast all day, and lunch at 11. it's family style meat and 3/breakfast and really good and about $20 per person I think.
    We like to go to 417 Union for breakfast when we're in town. Cool atmosphere and really great food and drinks.
  • Options
    cmcardcmcard Posts: 84
    anyone care to share their member number that has reserved? ( I did BA...so not sure)
    mine is 180xxx
  • Options
    greatwoods98greatwoods98 Boston Posts: 85
    Cmcard

184xxx reserved coming down from Boston with the wife always wanted to visit Nashville
    we should be seated within a row of each other
    hoping for wing seats and not on the floor 

can’t wait 72 days away see you there
    gw98