When's the new single out?

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,553
    mrk2 said:
    Holy fuck, it is true. Shazam says that it is indeed the new single.
    :how_interesting:
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

• mrk2mrk2 Posts: 2,067
    Then again it could be that Shazam matches it to that Youtube clip. It is linked in the result it shows... oh well. We'll see
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • mrk2 said:
    Then again it could be that Shazam matches it to that Youtube clip. It is linked in the result it shows... oh well. We'll see
    How would it get the corrrect title and artist from the youtube snippet?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • PB11041PB11041 Posts: 2,805
    mrk2 said:
    AI
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PB11041 said:
    mrk2 said:
    AI
    l o l. 

I work in the biz of AI. Maybe I should call Carl-Johan and ask.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2020
    Now that I think about it, most likely the match is done towards the actual track in whatever database is hosting the song... it is just not public yet.

The Youtube link is shown under "video". 

It seems that whatever track you search, you get a bunch of links to different sources of the song, related songs, etc, also including a video link to Youtube. The search result for "pearl jam dance of the clairvoyant" gives that clip as the current result.

Edit: But then again, If you search for something really obscure, Shazam might use Youtube as a source. Don't know. Parsing the title of the video
    Is this Pearl Jam's new single "Dance of the Clairvoyants"?   Most likely recognises Pearl Jam as a well known artist and the song title is inside "" marks.
    Post edited by mrk2 on
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,591
    Could be just the intro, right before guitars kick in, or a breakdown part of the song.  Could be nothing PJ related at all.  Good fun taking a break from all of the ticketing threads to speculate though!
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,156
    edited January 2020
    mrk2 said:
    Now that I think about it, most likely the match is done towards the actual track in whatever database is hosting the song... it is just not public yet.

The Youtube link is shown under "video". 

It seems that whatever track you search, you get a bunch of links to different sources of the song, related songs, etc, also including a video link to Youtube. The search result for "pearl jam dance of the clairvoyant" gives that clip as the current result.

Edit: But then again, If you search for something really obscure, Shazam might use Youtube as a source. Don't know. Parsing the title of the video
    Is this Pearl Jam's new single "Dance of the Clairvoyants"?   Most likely recognises Pearl Jam as a well known artist and the song title is inside "" marks.
    Shazam also lists the album title. That the song is from Gigaton

All ive seen is that it does have it's own created database with songs broken down to be able to identify. Not that it is looking at myspace and youtube for whatever sources.
  • mrk2 said:
    I’ve never used Shazam so does it just list the title? Or is there an audio clip as well confirming the Bill Simmons clip is the single?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    ...and it seems Shazam is owned by Apple, so most likely it has access to Apple Music / iTunes or whatever it is called this week. I guess the track (if not the whole album) is there by now.

So nevermind the previous post, I'm drunk.
  • mrk2 said:
    I’ve never used Shazam so does it just list the title? Or is there an audio clip as well confirming the Bill Simmons clip is the single?
    It lists the artist, title of the song and the album.

under "video" it also lists the snippet video from youtube.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,843
    edited January 2020
    mrk2 said:

And that was your YouTube video that you ripped the audio from Simmons' podcast for right? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Can confirm after asking a friend a question, unless someone at Shazam is playing a clever hoax (which is extremely unlikely) the song is DOTC by Pearl Jam from Gigaton

• mrk2 said:

And that was your YouTube video that you ripped the audio from Simmons' podcast for right? 
    Yep.

But to my knowledge -- the "Video" thing is shazam just pointing to places where to find the song. Like youtube, streaming services, itunes etc. Not that it is getting its matching info off it.

• mrk2 said:

Yep.

But to my knowledge -- the "Video" thing is shazam just pointing to places where to find the song. Like youtube, streaming services, itunes etc. Not that it is getting its matching info off it.
    I got ya. So basically nothing's confirmed. 

You mentioned earlier that the single will be released on Jan. 21st. Where'd ya see that? There's nothing about that on the front page of this website, or on PJ's Twitter or Instagram. Or at least I didn't see anything. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Posts: 3,462
    mrk2 said:

Yep.

You mentioned earlier that the single will be released on Jan. 21st. Where'd ya see that? There's nothing about that on the front page of this website, or on PJ's Twitter or Instagram. Or at least I didn't see anything. 
    Universal said so in a mail
  • mrk2 said:

Yep.

Someone saw it on some official Universal thing.

I had seen the 24th of January before, from someone claiming they had inside info from Spotify -- also dropping the title of the song before Pearl Jam did.
  • mrk2 said:

Yep.

Someone saw it on some official Universal thing.

I had seen the 24th of January before, from someone claiming they had inside info from Spotify -- also dropping the title of the song before Pearl Jam did.
    So not confirmed by PJ, but like Dimi's tour dates, worth keeping an eye out for. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    It is the song. There is no other way it could be in the database unless a programmer at Shazam was like, hey, I am going to fuck with these guys in The Porch.

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Posts: 3,394
    mrk2 said:
    That’s what I was thinking.

We’re being circular again folks! Maybe...
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • YOU FOOLS! The name of the program is Shazam!
    edited January 2020
    mrk2 said:

Nothing points to Shazam working like that. So it's not pointing to it being circular.

I do hope people in here are not working in law enforcement or justice system.

Laywer: Well, one theory ofc could be my client stabbing Mrs Smith in the neck ... BUT -- it could also be that a pink elephant from a pink fantasy island did it!

Judge: Well... it seems we have somewhat of a circular thing going on here. 
  • I DO BELIEVE WE ARE THROUGH THE LOOKING GLASS PEOPLE
    YOU FOOLS! The name of the program is Shazam!
    :lol: this gets me everytime
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • LizJLizJ Posts: 347
    LizJ said:
    I wonder why you can’t find the release date of the single anywhere else. Anyway here is a screenshot of the mail I’ve received Tuesday (although it’s in german). So it’s a bit more official 😉. You can follow artists on Universal Music and get notifications when there’s something new. I guess that’s why I’ve received this. So it seems it has nothing to do with ordering the Album over Universal. Says something like “Also the title of the first single which will be released on January 21st is known: Dance of the Clairvoyants”

I‘ve posted this a few pages back 😬. It’s been mentioned in this german Universal newsletter from last Tuesday. 
    mrk2 said:

Nothing points to Shazam working like that. So it's not pointing to it being circular.

I do hope people in here are not working in law enforcement or justice system.

Laywer: Well, one theory ofc could be my client stabbing Mrs Smith in the neck ... BUT -- it could also be that a pink elephant from a pink fantasy island did it!

Judge: Well... it seems we have somewhat of a circular thing going on here. 
    Just a thought! I have no idea how Shazam works. :i_dunno: as an older millennial even I’m too old for that app (or is it too young?).
  • LizJ said:
    LizJ said:
    I wonder why you can’t find the release date of the single anywhere else. Anyway here is a screenshot of the mail I’ve received Tuesday (although it’s in german). So it’s a bit more official 😉. You can follow artists on Universal Music and get notifications when there’s something new. I guess that’s why I’ve received this. So it seems it has nothing to do with ordering the Album over Universal. Says something like “Also the title of the first single which will be released on January 21st is known: Dance of the Clairvoyants”

I‘ve posted this a few pages back 😬. It’s been mentioned in this german Universal newsletter from last Tuesday. 
    Yeah I don't think anyone disputes that's the title of the single (kind of a cool title too if you ask me), it's just we're all curious if that clip on Bill Simmons' podcast is it.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    Just wait until Mike and Stone's guitars start in on that song.....
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    edited January 2020
    LizJ said:
    LizJ said:

Yeah I don't think anyone disputes that's the title of the single (kind of a cool title too if you ask me), it's just we're all curious if that clip on Bill Simmons' podcast is it.
    The date of single launch is in that newsletter. That's why it was reposted by @LizJ.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    So is Jamie Foxx going to give us $1 mil for beating Shazam?