Options

How to prioritze GA over Seated - is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    euchrid said:
    Emailed the Ten Club Ticketmaster customer service. 

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
    My question... I think a lot of others is... what happens if you do the "best available" (GA or Reserved) and you are drawn. Do they always consider GA as the best available. In past experience with TicketMaster I would assume yes... but it is not clearly stated anywhere
    Yes, I sent that exact question as a follow-up and they confirmed that GA is considered best available
  • Options
    The problem is that for the few of us who prefer Reserved over GA, there is no way to do that anymore (assuming that you all are correct in thinking that GA is considered "best" over Reserved by TM).
    Yes, you just pick reserved
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    euchrid said:

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
    My question... I think a lot of others is... what happens if you do the "best available" (GA or Reserved) and you are drawn. Do they always consider GA as the best available. In past experience with TicketMaster I would assume yes... but it is not clearly stated anywhere
    Yes, I sent that exact question as a follow-up and they confirmed that GA is considered best available
    Thanks!
  • Options
    The problem is that for the few of us who prefer Reserved over GA, there is no way to do that anymore (assuming that you all are correct in thinking that GA is considered "best" over Reserved by TM).
    I think you would then just pick "reserved" as your sole choice.  If you got through the initial lottery your reserved request would be fulfilled.  If you pick "best available" you would be given a GA ticket if any were left.  If no GA's were left you would be issued a reserved ticket.  

The lottery to get into the pool goes first....once in the pool you can swim in either the deep end or the shallow end...you just need to state that preference.
    They aren't drawing GA vs Reserved. They are just drawing names, and if your choice is available, you get it. So if you picked Reserved only and get picked you get Reserved. If you pick best available and GA and Reserved are left, you'll get GA, if GA isn't left, you'll get reserved
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 365
    Not sure if this has been answered but I am planning on going to 2 shows. Right now my first choice "Show A" has better odds (higher %) than "Show B" (second choice/lower %).

Should I switch my priorities to better my chances at getting into both shows? 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 680
    Thanks to all who inquired with TC on the rules. I guess the one outstanding question is how the priorities work... Assuming for each show they start with people who put that show as priority #1 and once that's exhausted they move on to #2 priority people? In that case probably little to no chance of getting GA for your #2 priority show...
  • Options
    verceman said:
    Thanks to all who inquired with TC on the rules. I guess the one outstanding question is how the priorities work... Assuming for each show they start with people who put that show as priority #1 and once that's exhausted they move on to #2 priority people? In that case probably little to no chance of getting GA for your #2 priority show...
    Correct
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,844
    NewfieintheUSA knows his shit! Good work!
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    verceman said:
    Interesting point. Seems like if you want GA only for something, make sure it’s your first priority show. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    verceman said:
    Interesting point. Seems like if you want GA only for something, make sure it’s your first priority show. 
    That makes sense to me. The logic is that "Best Available" prefers GA, so whether someone picked "Best Available" or "GA", the system will try to get GA, which means the GA pool will get depleted faster than the Reserved pool. If many or most select "Best Available" this will expedite the snatching of GA tickets even more. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    “ Odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed.”

Does this mean if, say the odds when you submit your request are at 98%, that’s your odds at that time or throughout the ticket request period?
    Re-read the bolded
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    benjs said:
    verceman said:
    That makes sense to me. The logic is that "Best Available" prefers GA, so whether someone picked "Best Available" or "GA", the system will try to get GA, which means the GA pool will get depleted faster than the Reserved pool. If many or most select "Best Available" this will expedite the snatching of GA tickets even more. 
    This makes a lot of sense
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Posts: 250
    I have an 87*** number and if there aren’t floor seats, I’m always in the first section on the side. Great seats. 
    "I remember when you sang that song about today, now it's tomorrow and everything has changed." - Bu$hleaguer
  • Options
    MD190661MD190661 Posts: 353
    CPR7 said:
    Not sure if this has been answered but I am planning on going to 2 shows. Right now my first choice "Show A" has better odds (higher %) than "Show B" (second choice/lower %).

If all you care about it getting in, then probably switch. If you want a chance at better seats/GA, then leave as is. But what do I know?

10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22

• Options
    I think you would then just pick "reserved" as your sole choice.  If you got through the initial lottery your reserved request would be fulfilled.  If you pick "best available" you would be given a GA ticket if any were left.  If no GA's were left you would be issued a reserved ticket.  

The lottery to get into the pool goes first....once in the pool you can swim in either the deep end or the shallow end...you just need to state that preference.
    Right, but then you have no shot at GA.  My order of preference is (1) Reserved, (2) GA, (3) Nothing.  Under this new system, that's not an option.  It's only (1) GA, (2) Reserved, (3) Nothing or (1) Reserved, (2) Nothing.

The Reserved would never sell out before the GA. Therefore if you want Reserved pick reserved only. If you get picked you guarantee yourself a Reserved seat. Picking both does not increase your chances of getting in the building because the odds of getting picked are the same for everyone. Picking GA ONLY, however, DOES HURT your chances because there are much less of those tickets available.

1994 Boston
    1998 Mansfield
    2000 Atlanta & Mansfield
    2003 Mansfield (X2)
    2004 Boston
    2006 Chicago & Boston (x2)
    2008 Mansfield (x2)
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Buffalo & Boston
    2011 Toronto
    2012 Amsterdam
    2013 Wrigley, Worcerster (x2), Philly, & Hartford
    2014 Memphis, Moline, Denver
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Hampton, Philly, Fenway (x2), Wrigley Monday
    2018 Wrigley (x2), Fenway (x2)
    2022 MSG. Nashville
  • Options
    melkormelkor Posts: 35
    FS2411 said:
    id honestly prefer seats at this point... last few tours i pick that option...
    gettin too old for GA lol

I don't like GA for being close or anything like that. I just like the option to move around and find a better view. 

There's nothing worse than having seats on the floor. I hope I don't end up with that. 
    THIS!....Oh my god THIS. The worst seats in the entire arena are on the floor behind GA. I am only 5'9" and I inevitably get stuck behind a bunch of 6'6" dudes. Give me any other seat in the house over floor seats. But, I love GA because you can re-position yourself so that you can see. Plus the energy in the pit is always amazing compared to seats in my opinion.  
    And the worst thing is, I think they consider floor seats behind GA to be "better" than seats on the side (like what the best seats in the arena would be if it was set up for hockey). I remember being at MSG in 2008, and then again in Philly the following year, and my 189xxx number landed me on the floor...but WAY back. Couldn't see shit. 
    This is my dilemma for OKC. I’m 236xxx and prefer good side seats to GA, but I’m not sure if I’m willing to risk being stuck behind GA by choosing “reserved only” when I likely would have wound up in GA by choosing “best available.”
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    edited January 2020
    melkor said:
    FS2411 said:
    id honestly prefer seats at this point... last few tours i pick that option...
    gettin too old for GA lol

I don't like GA for being close or anything like that. I just like the option to move around and find a better view. 

There's nothing worse than having seats on the floor. I hope I don't end up with that. 
    THIS!....Oh my god THIS. The worst seats in the entire arena are on the floor behind GA. I am only 5'9" and I inevitably get stuck behind a bunch of 6'6" dudes. Give me any other seat in the house over floor seats. But, I love GA because you can re-position yourself so that you can see. Plus the energy in the pit is always amazing compared to seats in my opinion.  
    And the worst thing is, I think they consider floor seats behind GA to be "better" than seats on the side (like what the best seats in the arena would be if it was set up for hockey). I remember being at MSG in 2008, and then again in Philly the following year, and my 189xxx number landed me on the floor...but WAY back. Couldn't see shit. 
    This is my dilemma for OKC. I’m 236xxx and prefer good side seats to GA, but I’m not sure if I’m willing to risk being stuck behind GA by choosing “reserved only” when I likely would have wound up in GA by choosing “best available.”

My number is quite a bit better than yours (brag ;)), and the last 6 shows (besides Seattle), I put in for reserved and got the best side seats.

If your number is in the high 100's and above, it's going to depend on how many people are there below you.
    I think in the case of MSG or Philly, there were A LOT...But in the case this year of OKC, there will be a lot less.

Post edited by smak on
  • Options
    MD190661 said:
    CPR7 said:

If all you care about it getting in, then probably switch. If you want a chance at better seats/GA, then leave as is. But what do I know?

Thanks. That's what I was thinking too.
  • Options
    Evel KEvel K Posts: 520
    I think this system increases the chance of getting shutout for people trying to get reserved seats. It used to be all or nothing with GA priority 1. This way there's no downside to going for GA so everyone picked at random is still ahead of you. Why no bitching just saying.
    Things were different then
  • Options
    PeterEDPeterED Posts: 365
    Evel K said:
    I think this system increases the chance of getting shutout for people trying to get reserved seats. It used to be all or nothing with GA priority 1. This way there's no downside to going for GA so everyone picked at random is still ahead of you. Why no bitching just saying.
    I'm with you on this. I would much prefer great reserved seats over GA, but given the possibility of getting poor reserved tickets for Toronto I would rather get GA and stand at the back of the pit (let's face it, most of us are going to be standing whether in the pit or in seats.)

I think all the people saying "just select Reserved" are the ones who want GA above all! :)
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    From the confirmation email: Ten Club and Ticketmaster are working closely to ensure the fan club ticket request process remains the same as in years past; these odds follow the same logic and rules that have always governed Ten Club ticketing.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    Evel K said:
    What this system does is rewards those who aren't picky. If you want your best odds, pick Best Available, and the available pool of tickets is vastly larger than if you only pick GA or Reserved. Your odds would be better by doing this than having formerly picked GA or having formerly picked Reserved in any past tour. As I explained above, since "Best Available" would default to GA, I think you have it backwards, and the odds are substantially worse for GA this tour (and actually better for Reserved as a result). Look at the step-by-step below, and think about how rapidly the GA will go compared to Reserved.

1. Randomly draw applicants from Priority Slot 1
    2. Deplete whatever pool they've requested for their first go. If GA isn't available and they also requested Reserved, deplete Reserved. If neither are available, they lost
    3. Proceed to randomly draw applicants from Priority Slot 2, and repeat process
    4. Proceed to next Priority Slot until all pools are depleted

'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    benjs said:
    Evel K said:
    What this system does is rewards those who aren't picky. If you want your best odds, pick Best Available, and the available pool of tickets is vastly larger than if you only pick GA or Reserved. Your odds would be better by doing this than having formerly picked GA or having formerly picked Reserved in any past tour. As I explained above, since "Best Available" would default to GA, I think you have it backwards, and the odds are substantially worse for GA this tour (and actually better for Reserved as a result). Look at the step-by-step below, and think about how rapidly the GA will go compared to Reserved.

1. Randomly draw applicants from Priority Slot 1
    2. Deplete whatever pool they've requested for their first go. If GA isn't available and they also requested Reserved, deplete Reserved. If neither are available, they lost
    3. Proceed to randomly draw applicants from Priority Slot 2, and repeat process
    4. Proceed to next Priority Slot until all pools are depleted

But why would someone chosen from Priority Slot 1 get to have their #2 pick if #1 was no longer available? Wouldn't they have to be drawn again from Slot #2 to get that? Is that not how it always worked?
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    awilkinsawilkins Posts: 984
    I chose Best Available for Quebec, hoping for GA.
    Last time around for Quebec I put in for GA ranked 1st priority and Reserved 2nd.
    Hopefully this works out well.
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,439
    I think people are forgetting exactly how many tickets 10C has acquired. You WILL likely win at least reserved for all the shows you put in for. Especially is they remain 99%.I dont understand what people dont get about it. Same as the HOME/AWAY shows. Even though the venues are smaller. Watch the odds, read the rules, and  if you prefer reserved seats, just select reserved seats. If you dont care, select "Best Available". Very simple. People always overthink this
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,400
    Since best available is an option, does that basically mean there is no way you are getting GA for shows lower than your first priority? I’m assuming they could fill GA just fine based on that initial pool. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    edited January 2020
    CPR7 said:

For the 3 shows I'm trying for,  I put the show with the worst odds as my top pick. In my case it's St. Louis, since it has worse odds than the 2 LA shows.
    Post edited by Sarava on
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    CPR7 said:

For the 3 shows I'm trying for,  I put the show with the worst odds as my top pick. In my case it's St. Louis, since it has worse odds than the 2 LA shows.
    Thanks for the response. That's my thinking too. Although I would love to be on the floor, my priority is to be in the building. 
  • Options
    euchrid said:

Email text below

Hi!  Thanks so much for following up with them.  Is it possible to post the actual response you received?  The clarity of what is considered "best available" is my main interest.  Thanks again!
  • Options
    GA is Best Available.  

If you don't want GA, you shouldn't put in for that.   If you prefer reserved, don't put in GA.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.