Options

How to prioritze GA over Seated - is this possible?

Comments

• Options
    ComeToTX said:
    I don't think so.  I'm 139,xxx and am usually in the first section on the side.
    Yup. Exactly. My number is 208XXX. I think the first section on the side is reserved for lower number (say around 150XXX or better usually). But, then after that first section I think they say that the floor is better. I almost always end up on the back of the floor with my number and I fucking hate it. I would MUCH prefer any section on the side in the first bowl over the back of the floor. I've been at many shows where those seats go to fans that have worse numbers than me. Sucks... 
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,123
     Odds reflect the odds at the time of your request. These odds will change over time until the Ticket Request period has closed.”

Does this mean if, say the odds when you submit your request are at 98%, that’s your odds at that time or throughout the ticket request period?
  • Options
    If the odds say 98% when you place your request then the odds are 98% only at that time. If you check back later and the odds then say 30% then your odds are now lower. Otherwise, it would be a first come first serve basis and that is not how this works. This is why you are able to edit up until the end. If a selection becomes too risky for you then you can change to something else with better odds. 
    3-19-94, 8-18-98, 8-18-00, 10-08-00, 10-09-00, 11-06-00, 6-02-03, 6-03-03, 6-05-03, 6-06-03, 6-07-03, 10-25-03(bridge), 10-26-03(bridge), 10-28-03, 7-06-06, 7-07-06, 7-09-06, 7-10-06, 7-13-06, 7-22-06, 7-23-06, 8-5-07, 06-22-08, 06-24-08, 08-21-08(EV), 08-22-08(EV), 8-23-09, 8-24-09, 10-06-09, 10-07-09, 10-09-09, 05-07-10, 09-03-11, 09-04-11, 07-19-13, 10-16-14, 10-17-14, 10-19-14, 10-20-14, 04-26-16, 08-20-16, 08-22-16, 08-18-18, 08-20-18, 09-05-23, 09-18-23, 09-19-23.
  • Options
    Jimmydean55Jimmydean55 Posts: 1,123
    That’s what I thought, but thanks for confirming!
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551
    If Im interpreting correctly, if you are putting in for both GA and Reserved for multiple shows and you prefer GA (or "Best Available" we are assuming), you aren't necessarily "penalized" by putting GA for your first show's request.  For example, if selecting both options each for NYC and Baltimore, with New York being first show and Baltimore second, that the Baltimore show as a whole would be the equivalent of "2nd priority"

New system:
    Priority 1: NYC GA, NYC Reserved if no GA left
    Priority 2: Baltimore GA (not likely left at this point), Reserved when no GA left

Whereas the old system would be like this and Baltimore moves down to 3rd priority (not that I would attempt GA with 3rd priority, just using an example):
    Priority 1: NY GA
    Priority 2: NY Reserved
    Priority 3: Baltimore GA
    Priority 4:  Baltimore Reserved

Anyway, hope there are plenty of reserved tickets where this wont be a huge issue, apologies if this was addressed specifically somewhere.

• Options
    FS2411 said:
    id honestly prefer seats at this point... last few tours i pick that option...
    gettin too old for GA lol

I don't like GA for being close or anything like that. I just like the option to move around and find a better view. 

There's nothing worse than having seats on the floor. I hope I don't end up with that. 
    THIS!....Oh my god THIS. The worst seats in the entire arena are on the floor behind GA. I am only 5'9" and I inevitably get stuck behind a bunch of 6'6" dudes. Give me any other seat in the house over floor seats. But, I love GA because you can re-position yourself so that you can see. Plus the energy in the pit is always amazing compared to seats in my opinion.  
    As a "6'6" dude"....sorry in advance....
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    They have tickets in the upper bowls at the back this time. There are going to be a lot of tickets and a lot of people complaining about their tickets. 
  • Options
    Emailed the Ten Club Ticketmaster customer service. 

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840

Looks like they are going to randomly draw from all entries, if your choice is still available, you get it, if not, you don't. So not doing GA first then Reserved like they used to do. I've sent a follow-up email to confirm that GA is always considered Best available. 

Email text below

Thank you for getting back with us today. We are happy to address your concerns. Orders will not be processed based on seat selections. Requests will be randomly selected to have tickets processed. Once your request is selected, you will be granted the best available tickets based on what you've selected. For your request we do show you've selected only the GA Pit option. Once your request is selected to be processed, we will only process the order if GA Pit is still available at that time and you will only be granted that type of ticket. Fans will be notified by Sunday, January 19 if tickets were granted.
    My question... I think a lot of others is... what happens if you do the "best available" (GA or Reserved) and you are drawn. Do they always consider GA as the best available. In past experience with TicketMaster I would assume yes... but it is not clearly stated anywhere
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,551

Email text below

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    FS2411 said:

I don't like GA for being close or anything like that. I just like the option to move around and find a better view. 

There's nothing worse than having seats on the floor. I hope I don't end up with that. 
    THIS!....Oh my god THIS. The worst seats in the entire arena are on the floor behind GA. I am only 5'9" and I inevitably get stuck behind a bunch of 6'6" dudes. Give me any other seat in the house over floor seats. But, I love GA because you can re-position yourself so that you can see. Plus the energy in the pit is always amazing compared to seats in my opinion.  
    Hahaha. Come on man! Is it that hard to squat down a few inches for the entire show?!? Maybe just watch the show from your knees or sitting down....

Just kidding of course. My real anger is at my parents for the shitty genes that did not allow me to continue growing past my inferior height. I hope you get whatever seat you want....Just not directly in front of me. LOL. Cheers!
  • Options
    FS2411 said:

Hahaha. Come on man! Is it that hard to squat down a few inches for the entire show?!? Maybe just watch the show from your knees or sitting down....

Just kidding of course. My real anger is at my parents for the shitty genes that did not allow me to continue growing past my inferior height. I hope you get whatever seat you want....Just not directly in front of me. LOL. Cheers!
    The thigh burn starting in hour two is indescribable....
    I always laugh because, despite being tall, I can still hear....and the griping that goes on behind me is something else...especially if the beers have been flowing...it is as if some people think tall folks don't speak English....
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    FS2411 said:

Only 5'9" LOL! Try being 5'2"!!!! :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    So if you are looking to do multiple shows, is it best to do Best Available for first show then Reserved for 2nd? I'm a little confused. 2nd show wouldn't be your 3rd pick?
  • Options
    jstu39jstu39 Posts: 140

Email text below

My question is why wouldn't you choose best available? If you get selected and GA is available you get GA right? But if GA inst available you get reserved if available, correct? They don't redraw again. You get picked and they see if any of your selections are available.

Unless you only want GA or reserved then only enter for one or the other. Best chances of getting in the building, select best available.

Does that make sense or am I wrong and the re-draw?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    jstu39 said:

Email text below

My question is why wouldn't you choose best available? If you get selected and GA is available you get GA right? But if GA inst available you get reserved if available, correct? They don't redraw again. You get picked and they see if any of your selections are available.

Unless you only want GA or reserved then only enter for one or the other. Best chances of getting in the building, select best available.

What needs to be confirmed is if you select best available and GA and reserved are available, what is considered best?  Will you get GA or reserved?    

If odds are great for both, and you want seats but GA is picked first for best available, you may take a little risk and just put in for seats.    
  • Options
    FS2411 said:

Only 5'9" LOL! Try being 5'2"!!!! :)
    Hoping that I am not being too forward....but 5'2" is sympathetic shoulder material to a 6'6" guy.....
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    The problem is that for the few of us who prefer Reserved over GA, there is no way to do that anymore (assuming that you all are correct in thinking that GA is considered "best" over Reserved by TM).
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    The problem is that for the few of us who prefer Reserved over GA, there is no way to do that anymore (assuming that you all are correct in thinking that GA is considered "best" over Reserved by TM).
    I think you would then just pick "reserved" as your sole choice.  If you got through the initial lottery your reserved request would be fulfilled.  If you pick "best available" you would be given a GA ticket if any were left.  If no GA's were left you would be issued a reserved ticket.  

The lottery to get into the pool goes first....once in the pool you can swim in either the deep end or the shallow end...you just need to state that preference.
  • Options
    smaksmak Posts: 226
    jstu39 said:

Email text below

What needs to be confirmed is if you select best available and GA and reserved are available, what is considered best?  Will you get GA or reserved?    

If odds are great for both, and you want seats but GA is picked first for best available, you may take a little risk and just put in for seats.    
    Based on the current odds, I'm pretty sure that if you choose best available, GA will be chosen.  It doesn't look like any reserved are less than 99% which leads me to believe all the people picking both would get GA if available.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,210
    I have a strong fear of getting to many GA tickets.  Seems unreasonable but I'm afraid to go for anything but best available.  Also GA seems better than upper deckers.
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    I think you would then just pick "reserved" as your sole choice.  If you got through the initial lottery your reserved request would be fulfilled.  If you pick "best available" you would be given a GA ticket if any were left.  If no GA's were left you would be issued a reserved ticket.  

The lottery to get into the pool goes first....once in the pool you can swim in either the deep end or the shallow end...you just need to state that preference.
    Right, but then you have no shot at GA.  My order of preference is (1) Reserved, (2) GA, (3) Nothing.  Under this new system, that's not an option.  It's only (1) GA, (2) Reserved, (3) Nothing or (1) Reserved, (2) Nothing.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    I’m 5’5 and gf is 5’1. If I get seats I make a deal with people behind me to stand on seats for only 2 songs. The rest of the time I try to work with people in front of me to move to one side for us. Most of the time I get my gf to ask cuz guys don’t say no to girls. Me, “I get the sucks you be you bro” look. The struggle is real
    seen em at: 08/31/98 - Raleigh : 05/10/00 - Mnt Baker Theatre, Wa : 11/02/00 - PDX  : 11/05/00 & 11/06/00 - SEA : 4/3/03 - OKC : 10/03/04 - Grand Rapids : 05/03/10 - KC : 11/15/13 - Dallas : 11/16/13 - OKC  : 10/09/14 - Tulsa : 11/20/2016 - ToTD Seattle : 08/10/2018 - SEA : 09/20/2022 - OKC
  • Options
    Jason7192Jason7192 Southern Indiana Posts: 311
    I'm in the same boat as you regarding preference for reserved seats. I think in prior lotteries, we (the reserved seat as #1 priority crowd) benefited from the group who selected GA as their #1 priority and reserved as their #2. They were essentially second in line behind us for ticket possibilities. With the new option of "best available", we're all equal in the line. For that group that previously got shut out on GA, the best available option now allows that group to flow over into a reserved seating choice if GA is gone when they're drawn in the lotto. 
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    So If I pick GA(do not get) and then reserved, does my # get me better reserved or has a round of reserved all ready be selecgted?  I.E. new members getting better seats than me?
  • Options
    I am 88,XXX and I will take either one.
    Agree that Best Available is the right call. GA may select first then dump everyone in seats. Its early so lets see what the odds look like at the end. 
  • Options
    So If I pick GA(do not get) and then reserved, does my # get me better reserved or has a round of reserved all ready be selecgted?  I.E. new members getting better seats than me?
    I think your number will matter if you go to seats.
  • Options
    I see a trade seats for GA thread starting..
    seen em at: 08/31/98 - Raleigh : 05/10/00 - Mnt Baker Theatre, Wa : 11/02/00 - PDX  : 11/05/00 & 11/06/00 - SEA : 4/3/03 - OKC : 10/03/04 - Grand Rapids : 05/03/10 - KC : 11/15/13 - Dallas : 11/16/13 - OKC  : 10/09/14 - Tulsa : 11/20/2016 - ToTD Seattle : 08/10/2018 - SEA : 09/20/2022 - OKC
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    To be honest, I think they picked an incredibly fair approach by picking applicants randomly and then depleting the available pools of GA and Reserved for the shows, but I do wonder what they do if both pools are still available when your name is drawn (i.e. I hope they consider 'Best Available' to mean GA if it's available). They've moved to a way that doesn't penalize people ordering one vs. two tickets, doesn't let you skew the odds materially based on GA vs. Reserved, in saturated markets still doesn't make it easy to win NYC on a second choice (theoretically) but neither would anything. I'm just excited :D
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    I am 88,XXX and I will take either one.
    Agree that Best Available is the right call. GA may select first then dump everyone in seats. Its early so lets see what the odds look like at the end. 

In that case, can I have your reserved if I get GA? :):):)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*