Gigaton = 11th Studio Album by Pearl Jam

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Ok, so I don't live in any of those cities and can't use the IG lens. Sounds like I'm missing artwork?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Is each billboard revealing a song title?
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Olivavu said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    You fools, the software for facebook and instagram lense is gigaton!!! LMFAO
    A, the word is lens
    B, the filters on the AR are custom, Pearl Jam named theirs Gigaton.  It is the name of either the album or the first single. likely the former.

^ PJ’s social account named the filter “Gigaton” so very well could be album title/track name
    Spark AR Studio also uses this name with regards to the billboards they throw up for Nike shoe releases. 
    If you google "Spark AR Studio Gigiton" you get 3 results. 

The top 2 dont include Gigiton.  The last one is this thread. 
    It is unlikely to be that. Highly unlikely.
    Are you saying it would be highly unlikely that is the name of the album?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • rypakalrypakal Posts: 14
    shrug emoji 

• BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,164
    Is each billboard revealing a song title?
    Maybe in the coming days the ice breaks on each one to reveal a song title maybe? 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens
    B, the filters on the AR are custom, Pearl Jam named theirs Gigaton.  It is the name of either the album or the first single. likely the former.

^ PJ’s social account named the filter “Gigaton” so very well could be album title/track name
    Spark AR Studio also uses this name with regards to the billboards they throw up for Nike shoe releases. 

Spark AR defines Gigaton as a memory protocol for the software. 
    Memory protocol - LOL.  I'll give you credit for your trolling - you have a lot of folks worked up :)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,552
    edited January 2020
    Ok, so I don't live in any of those cities and can't use the IG lens. Sounds like I'm missing artwork?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7070949#Comment_7070949

scroll down to demetrios' post of the IG video. 3D art
    new album "Cigarettes" out Fall 2024!

www.headstonesband.com

rypakal said:
    shrug emoji 

I left out the quotes, and did spark ar studio gigaton
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Lostpawn said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

Memory protocol - LOL.  I'll give you credit for your trolling - you have a lot of folks worked up :)
    I actually hope he's right. I don't really dig that as a album title. "Lightning Bolt" (as a title) wasn't much better though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613

Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
    Lostpawn said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

I actually hope he's right. I don't really dig that as a album title. "Lightning Bolt" (as a title) wasn't much better though. 
    wasn't LB some skateboarding reference?

www.headstonesband.com

• OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

Why would Pearl Jam use that name on the posters for this, if it wasnt the actual artwork?
    Why would they put up the name of a memory protocol for the software, in their own new font/artwork?

That would be weird. 
    They wouldn’t. End of story.
  • VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,924
    Just before I was going to let my 10c analog membership expire...  Now there's hope.  Hopefully a non-festival Southern California concert to come.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Lostpawn said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

wasn't LB some skateboarding reference?
    I'm not sure.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • vzouzalvzouzal Posts: 202

• Using the Gigaton filter on the picture shows animated polar ice melt with PJ heartbeat pulse, which is measured in gigatons.    New album + climate change theme

• sheckyshecky Posts: 1,774
    I've learned something today. I've outgrown Pearl Jam.
    Olivavu said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

Why would Pearl Jam use that name on the posters for this, if it wasnt the actual artwork?
    Why would they put up the name of a memory protocol for the software, in their own new font/artwork?

That would be weird. 
    haha, gotcha.  So you are agreeing with me that I think its the album name?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • LostpawnLostpawn Posts: 414
    Lostpawn said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

Yeah, I'm trying to get used to it.  I think a lot of people will wind up mispronouncing it, and it'll wind up becoming a joke.  You know, "1.21 Jigatons", and whatnot...
    Just before I was going to let my 10c analog membership expire...  Now there's hope.  Hopefully a non-festival Southern California concert to come.
    I renewed seconds before the email came in. LOL

www.headstonesband.com

• shecky said:
    No, no you haven't. You've outgrown being obsessed with every little thing that has to do with Pearl Jam (i.e. this facebook/coordinates/glacier stuff). But you'll be all about hearing a new album and going to a show. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    shecky said:
    no, you've outgrown their marketing team. BIG difference. you think Ed has any fucking clue how to work an IG camera to make a 3d image work?

www.headstonesband.com

• OlivavuOlivavu Posts: 1,683
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Olivavu said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

That would be weird. 
    haha, gotcha.  So you are agreeing with me that I think its the album name?
    It is certainly more likely to be that, yes.
    shecky said:
    This was very similar to Lightning Bolt and Backspacer.  Both had social media elements to the reveal.  

I remember back when there were images on the ground that people had to find.  Maybe for one of the tours.   

I think you just dont like social media stuff.   

If they just sent you an email that said "Its called Gigaton, here is a picture" you would be good to go....which...is basically what you got, except some people had to send you the pic first. 
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    shecky said:
    Your board name has all new meaning in the time I've been away. My 2 year old says "shecky" instead of "cheeky" - a word we use around the house all the time. Now whenever someone is up to no good, we say you're being "shecky". Sorry, just had a chuckle.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 7,735
    shecky said:
    no, you've outgrown their marketing team. BIG difference. you think Ed has any fucking clue how to work an IG camera to make a 3d image work?
    More like marketing has outgrown this fanbase. 
  • Lostpawn said:
    Lostpawn said:
    PJlive said:
    Vedd Hedd said:
    PJlive said:
    tschav said:
    PB11041 said:
    PJlive said:
    A, the word is lens

Yeah, I'm trying to get used to it.  I think a lot of people will wind up mispronouncing it, and it'll wind up becoming a joke.  You know, "1.21 Jigatons", and whatnot...
    I am Gigaton!
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192

Image result for japanese monster gigan

I am Gigan!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore